Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
We've already heard that Sony's strategy with PSVR2 is to avoid a PSVita/PSVR1 scenario and focus on hybrid offerings with PSVR2 modes for AAA games rather than investing heavily on VR only game production. They are going to focus on VR being the more immersive versions of AAA titles rather than VR being new gameplay mechanics that are only possible because of VR.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
PSN generates 14 Billion in sales?

Sony Group revealed that PSN sales currently amount to over $14 billion (1 trillion 800 billion yen, to be precise) across over 100 million accounts. Chairman, president, and CEO Kenichiro Yoshida said that the network remains Sony's largest direct-to-consumer (DTC) service, and is an "important" aspect of the business.

www.playstationlifestyle.net

PlayStation Network Currently Generates Over $14 Billion in Sales

Sony has revealed that PSN sales generated over $14 billion in FY2021, and the network remains one of its priorities.

I knew PSn generated a lot but 14 billion (a year) from PSN is kinda insane...
I assume the majority of that money are 3rd party sales and mtx, but still, Sony got 30% off that, that's why being platform holder is very lucrative

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Destiny and Genshin are pretty much single player games most of the time. I haven't been playing Genshin for long but so far it's not required me to play multiplayer at all. Nothing stopping London Studios game being a mostly single player campaign with some non-mandatory multiplayer dungeons or something.

There's nothing stopping them, I agree, but most developers out there don't seem to make games like that. Genshin and Destiny are the exceptions rather than the rule.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
With bungie helping playstation studio, they will maybe show them how to do it

I don't think Bungie being bought by Sony is going to change games already in production now, especially not at the conceptual level. Maybe in the future we might see them figure it out but whatever London Studio is making now will be affected in minimal ways by the Bungie acquisition (if it even goes through at this rate).

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
I don't think Bungie being bought by Sony is going to change games already in production now, especially not at the conceptual level. Maybe in the future we might see them figure it out but whatever London Studio is making now will be affected in minimal ways by the Bungie acquisition (if it even goes through at this rate).
Yeah you're right maybe it will be too late

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
There's nothing stopping them, I agree, but most developers out there don't seem to make games like that. Genshin and Destiny are the exceptions rather than the rule.
Oh for sure, they're definitely in the minority. Though considering how Sony has been going on about learning lessons from Bungie, and how they know full well that their brand is aligned with single player games, I'm leaning on the more optimistic side that it's that kind of game that this is aiming for.

Could be garbage though. London Studio hasn't put out a AAA game since 2004 so they have a LOT they're going to need to prove.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for sure, they're definitely in the minority. Though considering how Sony has been going on about learning lessons from Bungie, and how they know full well that their brand is aligned with single player games, I'm leaning on the more optimistic side that it's that kind of game that this is aiming for.

Could be garbage though. London Studio hasn't put out a AAA game since 2004 so they have a LOT they're going to need to prove.

Yeah, they've been a B-tier Sony studio for decades now, so it's gonna be a tough hill to climb, especially if they're really pushing for a big GaaS multiplayer game right out of the gate.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The reason why I don't usually play multiplayer games, especially pvp, is because they usually have no narrative, character development, no ending and you just replay matches over and over again.

And the reason why I like Sony 1st party games are because they tend to be narrative focused, they have character I like, story that I'm invested in and want to know the ending of their story.

Well, I think one of Sony exec, may even be Hermen, I'm not sure, mention during the 10 gaas announcement that gaas can still be narrative focused games and that's why I'm still excited and willing to give it a try.

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope London Studio hasn't given up on VR

Yeah, me too. I was hoping for a sequel to Blood and Truth. I could go for another VR geezers and guns game.
But if they've decided to go in a different direction, so be it.

What I won't tolerate is First Contract Entertainment failing to follow up on Firewall for PSVR2. That is mandatory for launch window, and looks an obvious candidate for a GaaS. I had so much fun with the first one - it had a great community.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, I don't have money to buy that kind of thing, but this is just too cute.

Do these Nendoroids ever get cheaper, or do they go out of stock fast?

Price kinda depends on where you buy them from but Nendos usually hover around $40-60ish. Some can run a lil higher though, the Persona 2 Nendos are going for $70 ish.

Some of the more popular Nendos do get reruns after the they sell out. The Gawr Gura Nendo damn near sold out instantly when pre-orders opened and GoodSmile was quick to announce reruns.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Price kinda depends on where you buy them from but Nendos usually hover around the $40-60ish. Some can run a lil higher though, the Persona 2 Nendos are going for $70 ish.

Some of the more popular Nendos do get reruns after the they sell out. The Gawr Gura Nendo damn near sold out instantly when pre-orders opened and GoodSmile was quick to announce reruns.

Ok, thanks.

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
Yeah it's wild. It's more than half of their total revenue for PS.
Their ecosystem makes them a ton of money.

Other sources of revenue being: Hardware, accessories, physical game sales, PC sales, etc.

Sony needs to find a way to continue to drive and deepen engagement with their platform as they face shortages.

I assume the majority of that money are 3rd party sales and mtx, but still, Sony got 30% off that, that's why being platform holder is very lucrative

14 Billion is insane. I read the PS financial reports because I;m in the market but somehow I missed this particular memo. It's quite shocking lol

Half their revenue? shadowsdarknes Can you drop a link. I'm not disputing that just thought a source might be pertinent.

Josh5890 When they've recorded declines in profit they actually point to lack of first party. I'm thinking being the popular platform and full game SP games are very significant. I find myself buying more digital since covid disrupted everything.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
After Lego Tallneck, I would love a Lego Returnal set...
Now we talking.
unknown.png

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Upcoming week with PS Plus launch in Asia markets and 40 minute discussion into PlayStation at the meeting. I just hope some PSVR2 news comes out of it. Grubb said in his latest podcast he heard 'rumblings' of a PSVR2 push very soon.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
blog.playstation.com

Genshin Impact Version 2.7: Hidden Dreams in the Depths launches May 31

Team up with Yelan and Kuki Shinobu, continue your adventure within The Chasm, and drum up some fun with the Arataki Gang.
Over the past few months, we've also been optimizing the game's CPU performance on both PS4 and PS5. With Version 2.7, players should be able to feel the game running more smoothly, especially on PS4.

Last but not least, we'd like to offer all PS Plus members the PS Plus Pack including Mora ×50,000, Hero's Wit ×20, Mystic Enhancement Ore ×15, and Fragile Resin ×2 during the upcoming Version 2.7. After each Genshin Impact version update, this bundle will be refreshed and you can purchase it for free again

ket

Jul 27, 2018

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Death Stranding 2 confirmed!

Norman Reedus on Death Stranding two
"We just started the second one. It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the Mo-cap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that."

He said last year they were in discussions of doing a sequel so I'm starting to believe him. lol

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/30/norman-reedus-says-death-stranding-2-is-in-negotiations

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021

"We just started the second one. It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the Mo-cap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that."
I'm surprised no one else picked up on this in the past three days, but I've never heard of this publication before and don't really follow Hollywood so maybe that's why.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Lol
I think he said it before, and now he is just confirming it.

Oct 27, 2017

Niiice. I hope Kojima gets to explore all those ideas that were cut in the first game.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

LOL we are just getting so much news today.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022

It make sense since kojima keep tweeting about playstation san diego mocap studio
I still need to play the first one, i will do it when ps+extra

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021

Kojima was always going to do another PlayStation Exclusive. Now we know it's Death Stranding 2 and I for some reason, love the first game! Also Sony own the patent for 'stranding' or whatever so they are definitely invested into it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

He said last year they were in discussions of doing a sequel so I'm starting to believe him. lol

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/08/30/norman-reedus-says-death-stranding-2-is-in-negotiations

lmao this dude gives zero fucks

You would assume he was warned when he mentioned DS2 was in negotiations.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
What's a realistic timeframe for DS2 then? They already have the engine running on PS5, I'm guessing 2024 at the earliest if they are starting Mocap?

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium

The mad lad just went out and confirmed it lol. I'm in tho.
Absolutely loved DS!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So it is possible Kojimbo is working on two games with Sony (Silent Hill and DS)?

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
shoutout to Norman Reedus for confirming this probably a year or two before it's announced lmao

have only played about 10 hours of DS and don't know if I'll ever go back to it but to be honest quite glad Kojima is going to get continued support for what he wants to do

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Depends on how you define AAA I guess. Sony London definitely considers Blood & Truth to be AAA.
It might be AAA for a PSVR game, but because of how you need to downscale assets for the original PSVR, as well as the sort of on rails nature and simple mechanics of the game, it's a completely different kettle of fish to making a AAA game, especially if it's an open world, non-linear game like the advert mentioned.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Still need to play the first DS. Might have to get the Directors Cut one of these days
The Director's Cut for PS5 is one of the launch games on the new PS+ relaunch.

I plan on trying that and Demon's Souls. Not sure if I'll like either one or not, but have been interested, so I'm glad they'll be on the service.

My Now sub was set to expire in September, but I had Plus stacked through like 2024, so I'm grandfathered into the top tier for a couple years lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.