Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
God dang it Bobby, DS does not need a sequel 🤦‍♂️
With all due respect, it's just weird to say that a story doesn't need a sequel. It's not your story or characters. You have no idea which ideas Kojima (or any other author creating a story) might have had when creating this world and franchise.
Let's wait and see.
Hopefully the sequel has better combat and more interesting enemy design.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
i like DS, but the idea was nice because it was new. i don't wanna experience that game again!
disapointing tbh

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
i like DS, but the idea was nice because it was new. i don't wanna experience that game again!
dissapointing tbh
This is a very strange take. Why are we assuming a sequel will essentially just be a reskin?

Imagine applying that to other Kojima games:

"I like MGS, but the idea was nice because it was new. I don't wanna experience that game again"

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Kojima was always going to do another PlayStation Exclusive. Now we know it's Death Stranding 2 and I for some reason, love the first game! Also Sony own the patent for 'stranding' or whatever so they are definitely invested into it.
Sony the only ones who were willing to give dude a blank check for anything he wanted. Guess they're doing it again lol

Oct 25, 2017
What is pragmata anyway?

I'm very curious in finding out. Basically Capcom's first new AAA IP in years.

It might be AAA for a PSVR game, but because of how you need to downscale assets for the original PSVR, as well as the sort of on rails nature and simple mechanics of the game, it's a completely different kettle of fish to making a AAA game, especially if it's an open world, non-linear game like the advert mentioned.

That's fair. Will be interesting to see if they can pull it off.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pragmata and Death Stranding 2 would be a dope combo for holiday 2023.

I know we have very limited information to work with, but if Norman "just started" his part in making Death Stranding 2, I don't think we are playing this game for a few years.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding 1 was a fun experience, but I don't think I would want to relive that exact game again.

Death Stranding 2 is something I would be very interested in since it would be a different game in the same universe.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Spent so many hours in Death Stranding. Even got the platinum. That game was just so, so fucking good. Getting lost in that world and just building some roads was one of the most cathartic gaming experiences in recent memories.

XB1NH0

Dec 7, 2017
So Norman is our true insider. I'm waiting for next month to try DS. Man, Sony isn't helping me fight my backlog this way.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
🤪🤪🤪🤪
Hermen: Yeah. You know, these partnerships are very exciting. You could, I guess, make a distinction between development teams who are part of Sony — like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch, and so on — and then development teams who are working with us like partners… Haven, Firewalk, but also teams we've worked with over years, like Kojima Productions, From Software.

ryambo

Jan 31, 2022
Scotland
Sony the only ones who were willing to give dude a blank check for anything he wanted. Guess they're doing it again lol
I always found the notion that they weren't going to work together again strange, especially with Herman Hulst getting higher up in the company, with the close relationship they developed.

I wonder if Kojima and Sony would want to ever work together on a film. He's stated he has aspirations to do such, hasn't he?
Even his game projects lend themselves quite well for doing something interesting there with the games using actors' likenesses.

Jetpaction

Jun 2, 2019
The Netherlands
Doesn't Kojima still have a small team in the Guerrilla office in Amsterdam because they both were working on and improving the Decima engine? I think he and Hermen have a good relationship. I initially was afraid after Andy House left that Kojima would no longer be that close with Playstation anymore, hope I was wrong.

A PS5 only Death Stranding sequel sounds awesome. Running on the beach like princess Peach!

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
What is pragmata anyway?

Capcom: "Pragmata is an all-new action adventure title that depicts a near-future dystopian world on the moon through a deeply profound story and setting."

Still set for 2023.

I know we have very limited information to work with, but if Norman "just started" his part in making Death Stranding 2, I don't think we are playing this game for a few years.

Yeah, but it's been 3 years since Death Stranding, A game that took them 3 years to make. Unless KJP's next game is actually Silent Hill or that Xbox game, They could've been building a sequel using a substitute actor then mocap Norman's performance later in order avoid frequent returns to the mo cap studio especially during the pandemic.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Doesn't Kojima still have a small team in the Guerrilla office in Amsterdam because they both were working on and improving the Decima engine? I think he and Hermen have a good relationship. I initially was afraid after Andy House left that Kojima would no longer be that close with Playstation anymore, hope I was wrong.

A PS5 only Death Stranding sequel sounds awesome. Running on the beach like princess Peach!

Not too long ago, I believe, Kojimas mousepad was literally a picture of Hermen Hulst lol. So, I believe thier relationship is good :)

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom: "Pragmata is an all-new action adventure title that depicts a near-future dystopian world on the moon through a deeply profound story and setting."

Still set for 2023.

Yeah, but it's been 3 years since Death Stranding, A game that took them 3 years to make. Unless KJP's next game is actually Silent Hill or that Xbox game, They could've been building a sequel using a substitute actor then mocap Norman's performance later in order avoid frequent returns to the mo cap studio especially during the pandemic.

That scenario isn't unlikely by any means. I agree that Kojima should probably have something to show very soon. Whether his next game is DS 2 or something else is the million dollar question at the moment.

Edit- The more I think about it, I'm leaning towards Kojima's next game not releasing before 2024. Yes it has been three years since Death Stranding, but Kojima did work on the Director's Cut that came out last year and I'm sure COVID held back production on whatever new projects he is involved with.

Last edited:

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
If a Sony dedicated handheld is not able to support all PS4 and PS5 games right out of the gate without too much of a graphical compromise then there's no point.

We have seen what happened to companies trying to manage both handheld and home console with different game libraries. They had to make sacrifices or face extinction.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony isn't going to put any serious first party resources into a portable console so it is a dead end.

Heck, they have their hands full as it is with PS5 and PSVR 2 support.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
unknown.png

Where is Hermen going next?
csandiego.jpg

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Now we wait for Lance Reddick to casually say he is voicing someone in game called "Bloodborne 2".

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not believing any rumor from someone I never heard of but a new Sony handheld would be very interesting. The big Sony studios were very clearly not interested in handhelds and even Nintendo unified their teams so yeah a handheld would have to be able to play the games of the contemporary home console, so in this case it'd have to be a PS5 portable. The next Switch should be able to receive PS5 ports just as the Switch gets PS4 ports so maybe it's feasible within the PS5's life.
Now we wait for Lance Reddick to casually say he is voicing someone in game called "Bloodborne 2".
Need him to say "yeah I voiced for a bonus character added in the Bloodborne PC port" first.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am going to get back into playing DS. Co sidelong how good the game looked very excited to see what KP can do with Ps5 hardware

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Redgaming Tech talks about potential PS5 Pro and a handheld console.

I'd be so in for a new handled!

Sony isn't going back to portable gaming.
I'd be of your opinion two or three years ago but the landscape has nicely changed since then with the Switch and the Deck. I'm guessing you do a completely digital platform, you open the platform to all indies, you support natively PS1 to PS4 games, PS5 games either natively at a reduced resolution like the Deck or through streaming, you make all 1P titles compatible with it at a reduced resolution and you have a good formula for me.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
I think Sony are too busy investing into mobile games, which is likely way more profitable and easier to manage and way more accessible for users.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I can't imagine Sony wanting a third platform that would require exclusive games. Something like a Playstation steam deck might make sense, but that's probably only capable of playing ps1-4 and cross Gen games. It would have a cap on its library from day one.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Sony isn't going back to portable gaming.

Not unless they can do a Nintendo and develop the same game that runs on big brother and small brother. Also that same game also needs to be able to run on VR brother. With game dev being so expensive - if they have to split resources and titles on the different platforms then I think they will be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.