Status
Not open for further replies.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

There are 2 new live service franchises missing from this list.
spongebob-waiting-gif-3.gif

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Busy couple of months... Im definitely getting MH Rise, Dead Space Remake, Forespoken, VR2/Horizon, Ishin Kiwami at launch (no, I dont know quite how Im playing all that together). I also have my eye on One Piece IF its good (big if)

I'm getting RIse and psvr 2. The VR set is making me wait for Dead Space and Forspoken, but I think I'm going to need to find a way to swing Octopath II

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting RIse and psvr 2. The VR set is making me wait for Dead Space and Forspoken, but I think I'm going to need to find a way to swing Octopath II
I didnt realise Octopath 2 was early in this year as well... that's one I'll have to wait on for now!

VR wise, thankfully my most wanted game is RE8, so that requires no further purchase. Im so looking forward to replaying that game, only now in VR!
Im sure Ill get a few more VR games dependant on what is great at launch. Thankfully I have the "big" games save for Horizon already (like GT7, No Man's Sky, RE8). I wish RE7 would get a patch/new version as well though...

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I didnt realise Octopath 2 was early in this year as well... that's one I'll have to wait on for now!

VR wise, thankfully my most wanted game is RE8, so that requires no further purchase. Im so looking forward to replaying that game, only now in VR!
Im sure Ill get a few more VR games dependant on what is great at launch. Thankfully I have the "big" games save for Horizon already (like GT7, No Man's Sky, RE8). I wish RE7 would get a patch/new version as well though...

Yeah, RE8 and GT7 are going to carry my vr purchases for a while. I'll probably still get a few smaller games to go along with them, but I'm hoping we get some demos with the set.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, RE8 and GT7 are going to carry my vr purchases for a while. I'll probably still get a few smaller games to go along with them, but I'm hoping we get some demos with the set.
Yeah, some demos/experiences would be fun as well. I'll probably get Moss Book 2 as well (loved the first one, ended on a cliffhangar) but I appreciate a few big games getting VR support to help push me to cement my purchase! Im curious as to what RE4's VR functionality will be, as that's another game I'll be there day 1 for.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
For PSVR2 launch I'll be playing:

Horizon: Call of the Mountain
Moss Books 1 and 2
Resident Evil Village
No Man's Sky
Gran Turismo 7
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
Fantavision 202X
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition

This is actually one of if not the biggest PS launch ever for me lol

Oct 30, 2017
But Insomniac has done a good job of maintaining the scope of these games, and they are likely not as costly as bigger budget titles like Spider-Man 2 and The Last of Us Part II. I'm very glad they've stuck with the series as long as they have because now more than ever Sony isn't making anything else like it.
I agree.

If Ratchet can consistently do 2-3 million per entry and still be profitable, then I say keep making them alongside other projects.

Although with the latest entry, I really would have liked to have seen Ratchet and Rivet play distinctly different and with some really cool portal puzzles. But as it stands, these games are pretty fun romps that look and feel great.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
For PSVR2 launch I'll be playing:

Horizon: Call of the Mountain
Moss Books 1 and 2
Resident Evil Village
No Man's Sky
Gran Turismo 7
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
Fantavision 202X
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition

This is actually one of if not the biggest PS launch ever for me lol
Ill be playing most of those. Thankfully Star Wars is a skip, I already got that for Quest II, and its not a game I need to own twice. Not sure what Im doing on Beat Saber yet though (depends on what the DLC situation is - I dont want to rebuy stuff if I can avoid it)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Although with the latest entry, I really would have liked to have seen Ratchet and Rivet play distinctly different and with some really cool portal puzzles. But as it stands, these games are pretty fun romps that look and feel great.

I will admit I was expecting something more on the scale of A Crack in Time from Rift Apart, and it ended up being a tighter experience like Ratchet & Clank 2016. It was still very good, but it's probably because of the scale and the fact that Rivet played the same as Ratchet, that it didn't come out later in this generation. I'm hoping we get a Rivet & Kit game at some point where she can get her own "kit" to to speak.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm in the UK and on the PS app the 'captures' button has disappeared from the library? Has anyone else got the same issue? I need it to move screenshots around.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in VR and the only Q1 release I'm for sure picking up is Resident Evil 4. Will give me time to finally play Ragnarok. I didn't expect to become completely enthralled by Marvel's Midnight Suns which has taken up my gaming time. Most I've enjoyed a game in ages.

Summer and Fall are looking to break me though... Spider-Man 2, Diablo IV, Street Fighter 6, Alan Wake 2, Assassin's Creed: Mirage. Probably Helldivers 2 somewhere in there as well.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Sony CFO said last earnings call. 22 million. FY23.

As I understood, after the slow start production ramped up and if it maintains that pace it will be over 30m a year. They didn't actually commit to 30m PS5 for FY 23-24. I guess they are (understandably) cautious, with zero covid still a thing at that time and who knows what new shocks will grip the global economy and supply chain.

About that 30.5 million PS5.

Sony produced 6.5 million PS5s last quarter. They held them back for some reason. Probably to have good supply for Ragnarok and the holidays.
If they already have the ability to produce that many I don't see how it's impossible. 6.5 million per quarter is 26 million run-rate for the year. If you add in efficiency gains from the new console variant and supply chains improving further I think it's doable.

Yeah, those are the numbers. Thanks!

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Last edited:

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

Whole bunch of stuff there, also another developer is hyping one of the projects up in a QRT:

View: https://twitter.com/cuppy/status/1611059556515483649?s=61&t=qmF8b0dv1r80WaAavsGOXA

We've been getting hints of the unannounced Bungie stuff for a while so I'm wondering if one of those could get announced this year (Matter, Marathon or Something out of their other incubation projects, there's frankly a lot they were looking at doing, and I'm not following them enough to have any clue on which is most further ahead), and if so, would it be revealed at a Sony stage or by Bungie independently.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Not interested in VR and the only Q1 release I'm for sure picking up is Resident Evil 4. Will give me time to finally play Ragnarok. I didn't expect to become completely enthralled by Marvel's Midnight Suns which has taken up my gaming time. Most I've enjoyed a game in ages.

Summer and Fall are looking to break me though... Spider-Man 2, Diablo IV, Street Fighter 6, Alan Wake 2, Assassin's Creed: Mirage. Probably Helldivers 2 somewhere in there as well.
Yeah, the focus on VR in Q1 lets me cross off a few titles off my backlog before the onslaught.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We've been getting hints of the unannounced Bungie stuff for a while so I'm wondering if one of those could get announced this year (Matter, Marathon or Something out of their other incubation projects, there's frankly a lot they were looking at doing, and I'm not following them enough to have any clue on which is most further ahead), and if so, would it be revealed at a Sony stage or by Bungie independently.
Before CES I would've said separately but now I'm leaning towards at a Sony showcase, especially if it's the new IP(s).

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
Whole bunch of stuff there, also another developer is hyping one of the projects up in a QRT:

View: https://twitter.com/cuppy/status/1611059556515483649?s=61&t=qmF8b0dv1r80WaAavsGOXA

I think they said they will have another ip before 2025 so i think they will either reveal it this year or the next
As where i think it'll be at a sony showcase but if they don't have one either at summer game fest, gamescom or tga but i think tga make the most sense of the 3 since it have the highest viewership

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021

To show it to more players i would imagine at a Sony showcase

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Feels like we didn't get allot of new OT name suggestions yet and this one is nearing its end. (Or maybe i just missed most of them)

Ryotsu

Jun 11, 2021

God of War sold more than 60 million.

Probably.
The series was at 50/51M when they anounced that God of War sold 19.5M. After the update (23M) it should be around 54M. With Ragnarok it should have more than 60M now.
Uncharted numbers are from 2020 (no update since then) and I don't know where people got the Ratchet numbers (couldn't find them anywhere). Horizon should be around 25/30M with FW now.
And I recall the Singstar series being massive (more than 20M copies sold).
Would be cool if they updated the numbers of all their franchises like Nintendo or Capcom but it is what is....

Last edited:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I think LBP should come back. I like Sackboy, but I think they should have kept improving the tools to make platforming levels.

Dreams is the extension of it, but I feel the aesthetics of cloth world are too gorgeous to not keep iterating on.

Status
Not open for further replies.