Status
Not open for further replies.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Do we actually think HZD is going to be officially announced for PC today?

Like percentage-wise what are we thinking here?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way they already have something to show, right?

I mean, the first DS teaser came out super quick but still...

It has to be related to something else other than a new game

That would be so awesome.

The first Death Stranding teaser was made so quick. A new Kojima game tease would be a big get for the PS5.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Most of the gdc talks about ue4 or unity have been publicly available in the past. I wasn't talking about some new marketing trailer for godfall, but a gdc presentation about what's coming to unreal engine 4 in regards of next gen features where they use Godfall as an example to showcase them.

This is not marketing support.

Plus they can't talk about those "next-gen" features and details, so in other terms, PS5 version features and details, before the PS5 is actually revealed.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Random speculation, but yesterday Counterplay games said that they will have more to share on Godfall really really soon, now today Kojima Productions are teasing something for next week.
What if these teases are not random?

PS5 reveal video shadowdrop next week with a bunch of game announcements lets go.

This is 100% reading into things too much

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Do we actually think HZD is going to be officially announced for PC today?

Like percentage-wise what are we thinking here?

tumblr_ntf28zGG1E1sotn6wo4_r1_500.gif

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
If I'm able to see the other reasons of their underperformance, I think Sony is totally able to see them to. And way better than me and you.

Post-mortems rarely conclude that a project underperformed due to only one factor.

Like, sure, it could have just been that GoW:A had "bad buzz," and it could have just been that GT6 was "the sequel to the most bad buzzing Sony game ever" (???), and so on, but when you look at a fairly consistent pattern of Sony's 2013 output failing to meet sales expectations (yes I know TLOU was a success), that's when you start to consider that maybe it just isn't a bunch of independent factors, maybe there's a shared factor.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony concluded in hindsight that they maybe switched their focus to the PS4 a little too soon, and maybe they didn't do a good job of maintaining interest in the PS3 and telling their PS3 product story that year.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Random speculation, but yesterday Counterplay games said that they will have more to share on Godfall really really soon, now today Kojima Productions are teasing something for next week.
What if these teases are not random?

PS5 reveal video shadowdrop next week with a bunch of game announcements lets go.

This is 100% reading into things too much

And we know that Sony has a bunch of newly uploaded privat videos on their youtube channel.

Next week sounds possible.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I'd encourage Era not to assume that a State of Play or other coordinated marketing blitz is necessarily related to the PS5.

Like, I'd really really encourage y'all not to assume that.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Post-mortems rarely conclude that a project underperformed due to only one factor.

Like, sure, it could have just been that GoW:A had "bad buzz," and it could have just been that GT6 was "the sequel to the most bad buzzing Sony game ever" (???), and so on, but when you look at a fairly consistent pattern of Sony's 2013 output failing to meet sales expectations (yes I know TLOU was a success), that's when you start to consider that maybe it just isn't a bunch of independent factors, maybe there's a shared factor.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Sony concluded in hindsight that they maybe switched their focus to the PS4 a little too soon, and maybe they didn't do a good job of maintaining interest in the PS3 and telling their PS3 product story that year.

Sounds like YOU are the one jumping into the conclusion that there is only one reason.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Show me where I said that, please.

You always come back to the PS4 arguments and then act like if it's the only one to considered.

While I've never said that it is not to considered but that all those games had other circumstances explaining their underperformance that there is at least as important, but actually more.

And we know that Sony has a bunch of newly uploaded privat videos on their youtube channel.

Next week sounds possible.

Can you please be more explicit?

Oct 25, 2017

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sony having a bunch of videos in private shouldn't be read as being a sign of anything big. Their channel has a lot of videos uploaded every day at specific times, so in all likelihood they're just those. Yesterday they had 9 videos uploaded throughout the day, and the day before they had 16.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It seems more likely to me to be a bunch of PAX trailers for indie games than 13 videos about the PS5, but what do I know.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019

Thanks
And we can remember the SoP and GoTsu playlist which appeared updated a couple of days before the last SoP with GoTsu trailer.
(that happens when you put a private video in a playlist, the playlist appears as updated with no new video in it)
The GoTsu trailer was put on YouTube only after Game Awards, so at least 1 week after the playlist appearing updated.

BUT : that can be only random weekly videos or, with, as someone point it, evantual PAX trailers making it bigger than usual.

(or both ^^)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So looking up the private videos topic, I notice that there are 6 private videos under the PSNow playlist.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
People are going to be so confused and upset when Sony announces a kid-friendly lower-cost PS4 before revealing the PS5.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
other random findings, private Fallout 76 video and 2 private videos for KH3, maybe they are the ps now games?

Both would make sense but especially KH3 as it's also a Game Pass game.

How did you find this out?

www.resetera.com

PS5 and Xbox Series speculation |OT11| Cry Havoc and Let Slip the Dogs of War [NEW NEWS, NEW THREAD - CHECK OUT THE STAFF POST] OT

I'd give about 0.01% chance of Sony using for RT anything else than AMD's tech.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
They usually posted individual videos for each games added in PS Now lineup ?
Seems weird to have 6 hidden videos under their PS Now playlist
i was just throwing stuff at the wall with the fallout 76 and KH3 for PSNow. I doubt they are related.

but i will agree that its odd that there are so many PSNow videos, usually they just release one video that has all the games, and i doubt that they are prepared for half a year of PSNow content on their channel.
Maybe there will be some PSNow related announcement next week outside of the usual games lineup.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually started replaying killzone shadowfall for the first time in six years, (time flies) and i have to say, visually it still looks absolutely stunning. For
Comparison ive been replaying another launch game, need for speed rivals, which looks a bit dated by comparison. But i feel like we've hit some sort of apex when it comes to visuals. I feel like there was a massive gulf between ps360 games released in 05 and 06 compared to games that released in 2012/13. I feel like we dont necessarily have that massive gulf now.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Wasn't there a rumor that PSNow was going to be available in India?
Maybe they're expading to 6(?) more countries?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
i was just throwing stuff at the wall with the fallout 76 and KH3 for PSNow. I doubt they are related.

but i will agree that its odd that there are so many PSNow videos, usually they just release one video that has all the games, and i doubt that they are prepared for half a year of PSNow content on their channel.
Maybe there will be some PSNow related announcement next week outside of the usual games lineup.
So we'll see then, maybe one of them is a new ad

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
So Counterplay Games tease more info about Godfall really really soon.
Kojima Productions also teade something about next week.
There is also a rumour about release Battle Royale mode in CoD at 03.03.

Maybe today they announce SoP which will be 03.03? PS4 games and some infos about PS5?

Or maybe not 😉

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So Counterplay Games tease more info about Godfall really really soon.
Kojima Productions also teade something about next week.
There is also a rumour about release Battle Royale mode in CoD at 03.03.

Maybe today they announce SoP which will be 03.03? PS4 games and some infos about PS5?

If that happens i think it will be all about PS5.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
while i never heard of him, i just saw that another big Youtuber (over 23 mio subscribers) did a dreams video.

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
while i never heard of him, i just saw that another big Youtuber (over 23 mio subscribers) did a dreams video.

Yeah him and Pewdiepie playing the game should do big things for it. Pewdiepie's video now has 7 million views. Both of them appeared to love the game saying things like "you'll never need another game again" which is obviously said in jest, but still great for the game.

They both encourage their fans to make games in Dreams that they will eventually play so I imagine it will get a bunch of sales from that alone. It has definitely boosted awareness and hopefully good sales follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.