• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3GbKYlc.jpg

Just noticed Sony updated the Only on PlayStation banner and now there's double Insomniac there, including some Ratchet and Clank love.

----
Kratos being on there definitely make the GoW on PC theories feel less likely.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Dr.Ukmann on PS Blog Podcast:

(Did not listen it yet)

On Part II:
  • When the studio moved to working from home employees were told to take care of themselves and be with their family. Employees came first, release date 2nd with employees being allowed to take off a day or two if needed, even if the whole situation meant the May 29th date couldn't be made.
  • When asked why they don't just release the digital version on May 29th: "there hasn't been a final decision yet". Mentions how some places might not have proper infrastructure in place for a digital only release, doesn't want those places left out. Right now looking at different options to get the game to everyone as soon as possible, but doing so will take time and it will obviously depend on how the coronavirus situation develops.
  • When asked about a playable demo in the PlayStation Store he mentions how a public demo like that isn't comparable to the controlled environment which comes with a behind closed doors press demo or something at another event. Also mentions how making a demo fit for public release takes a lot of work, with the demo the press played months ago obviously being outdated, game has been improved greatly since.
  • Development is at the 1-yard line, nothing left but final bugs and polishing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
On Part II:
  • When the studio moved to working from home employees were told to take care of themselves and be with their family. Employees came first, release date 2nd with employees being allowed to take off a day or two if needed, even if the whole situation meant the May 29th date couldn't be made.
  • When asked why they don't just release the digital version on May 29th: "there hasn't been a final decision yet". Mentions how some places might not have proper infrastructure in place for a digital only release, doesn't want those places left out.
  • When asked about a playable demo in the PlayStation Store he mentions how a public demo like that isn't comparable to the controlled environment which comes with a behind closed doors press demo or something at another event. Also mentions how making a demo itself takes a lot of work, with the demo the press played months agp obviously being outdated, game has been improved greatly since.
This is great to see.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
On Part II:
  • When asked why they don't just release the digital version on May 29th: "there hasn't been a final decision yet". Mentions how some places might not have proper infrastructure in place for a digital only release, doesn't want those places left out.
  • When asked about a playable demo in the PlayStation Store he mentions how a public demo like that isn't comparable to the controlled environment which comes with a behind closed doors press demo or something at another event. Also mentions how making a demo fit for public release takes a lot of work, with the demo the press played months ago obviously being outdated, game has been improved greatly since.

Threadworthy probably.

George Romero

Oct 5, 2018
On Part II:
  • When asked why they don't just release the digital version on May 29th: "there hasn't been a final decision yet". Mentions how some places might not have proper infrastructure in place for a digital only release, doesn't want those places left out. Right now looking at different options to get the game to everyone as soon as possible, but doing so will take time and it will obviously depend on how the coronavirus situation develops.
thank you

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Geniune question here. Do we think it will beat Uncharted 4? Didn't that sell extremely well, albeit heavily bundled wasn't it?
In terms of opening it sold 2.7mil copies in it first week (don't remember if there were bundles in its opening week, but I don't think so) and 8.7mil copies in about 7.5 months. Looking at some more recent SIE games (God of War did 3.1m in 3 days and 5m+ in 1 month, with Spider-Man doing 3.3m in 3 days and 9m in a little over 2.5 months) I think it should easily outsell Uncharted 4. For it's success in the longer term I think quite a lot will depend on what they're planning to do with the PS5 release, a 4K/60FPS version with other enhancements and a sale should sway quite some people who haven't pulled the trigger by then.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
Geniune question here. Do we think it will beat Uncharted 4? Didn't that sell extremely well, albeit heavily bundled wasn't it?
UC4 is over 16 million, but even still I think it has a good chance to exceed that. It's an incredibly popular and desired sequel landing at a time in which the PS4 install base is massive.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
A demo would be a nightmare.

That thing would be datamined to fucking hell and back.
Yeah, Neil mentions how for a public demo they'd have to built in a lot of safeguards to control what could come out. Developing a demo would essentially entail to developing a shorter version of the game with cutting all the content not part of it out of it. Even for the press demo it was the full game on the disc the press was playing but that was fine because people from Naughty Dog and Sony were there to just cut off the person playing when they wanted.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of opening it sold 2.7mil copies in it first week (don't remember if there were bundles in its opening week, but I don't think so) and 8.7mil copies in about 7.5 months. Looking at some more recent SIE games (God of War did 3.1m in 3 days and 5m+ in 1 month, with Spider-Man doing 3.3m in 3 days and 9m in a little over 2.5 months) I think it should easily outsell Uncharted 4. For it's success in the longer term I think quite a lot will depend on what they're planning to do with the PS5 release, a 4K/60FPS version with other enhancements and a sale should sway quite some people who haven't pulled the trigger by then.
Yeah, Neil mentions how for a public demo they'd have to built in a lot of safeguards to control what could come out. Developing a demo would essentially entail to developing a shorter version of the game with cutting all the content not part of it out of it. Even for the press demo it was the full game on the disc the press was playing but that was fine because people from Naughty Dog and Sony were there to just cut off the person playing when they wanted.

The Last of Us does indeed seem massive, a game that seems to transcend the traditional gaming sphere.

A demo would be a nightmare.

That thing would be datamined to fucking hell and back.

Someone gets access to the cutscene names and finds something along the lines of: "THE DEATH OF ELLIE"

Oct 25, 2017
As a consumer I ain't gonna say no to demos, not really in regards to tlou2 just period. I like that capcom generally lets you play pretty much everything they've put out so far before it's out. Re7,Re2,Re3,DMCv,monster hunter. Bless ya

Nagito

Oct 25, 2017
The windy city
Don't forget the TLOU HBO tv show that should help TLOU part 2 have even longer and stronger legs.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
On Part II:
Sony being really pro-active during this whole ordeal.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
When you think about it, it's sad to see a studio like Level 5 who was one of the most promising on the PS2-Era and after the DS they never stopped falling.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
As a consumer I ain't gonna say no to demos, not really in regards to tlou2 just period. I like that capcom generally lets you play pretty much everything they've put out so far before it's out. Re7,Re2,Re3,DMCv,monster hunter. Bless ya
I wouldn't care about the lack of demos if Sony adopted a modern refund policy like Steam's(can refund under a set playtime.).

Above a lot of stuff. I hope PSN's service and functionality get upgraded because it's laughable at times.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the Cave of Kratos in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. This cave gonna be godly. I can feel it.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
When you think about it, it's sad to see a studio like Level 5 who was one of the most promising on the PS2-Era and after the DS they never stopped falling.
They are running out of rope quickly. They somehow managed to run the Yokai IP into the ground. They alienated a ton of their Ni No Kuni fans with the direction they took with the sequel, regardless of critical acclaim. Not even a switch game (Snack world) has helped pulled them out of nosedive.

Honestly, their only way up at this point is to focus on making a great JRPG for either Sony or Nintendo, and hoping that Sony/Ninty pull out a great marketing campaign for them.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
They are running out of rope quickly. They somehow managed to run the Yokai IP into the ground. They alienated a ton of their Ni No Kuni fans with the direction they took with the sequel, regardless of critical acclaim. Not even a switch game (Snack world) has helped pulled them out of nosedive.

Honestly, their only way up at this point is to focus on making a great JRPG for either Sony or Nintendo, and hoping that Sony/Ninty pull out a great marketing campaign for them.
So what you are saying is Dark Cloud 3.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
What a great time for Japan Studio to establish a external development department when Level-5 is in this situation.

I'm pretty sure Japan Studio is now welcoming any project after the lack of projects since 7th gen.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping all this FUD going around about the PS5 will force Sony's hand into at least holding a reveal show in the next few weeks.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
youtu.be

Create photoreal cinematics in UE4: Rebirth tutorial

This in-depth tutorial goes through the entire production process for ‘Rebirth’, a cinematic produced by Quixel using Unreal Engine 4. Beyond its visual proc...

You think this is possible on PS5?
If I'm remember correctly, the guys don't use Ray-Tracing (correct me if I'm wrong). And use 2080-TI (or juste 2080).

EDIT :

Play some FF7 Remake.

Ah ah, It's not delivered to me yet. :'(

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This game is going to break me

Also I had an avatar to use next month for it, guess is back to the drawing board and do something else.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Shit like this frustrates me to no end. At a time when people are losing jobs here's one of the richest men at Sony IE saying he got a free hookup worth over a thousand dollars. It's just incredible how "celebrities" do this.

Also if 48 hours have taken a toll on you Neil, think about the people working for you. I'm sure every 48 hours takes a toll on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.