• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Pokémon Community |OT| Reviving the Legend of Unova

UltimateIke

Oct 26, 2017

"Hello there! Welcome to ResetEra's Pokémon Community Thread! This thread is inhabited by fans of a media franchise called Pokémon!"

"For most people, Pokémon is a series of video and trading card games. Many also enjoy watching the popular anime series and reading various manga adaptations."

"Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A thread of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!"

"Hey! Wait! Don't go out! It's unsafe! Wild PokéEra members live in this thread! You need your own Pokémon Community Thread Guidelines for your protection."
  • Discussion about anything Pokémon related is what this thread exists for. Play games together, talk about the anime and manga, share music and fan art, and more!
  • Don't expect others to share your opinions or enthusiasm towards every subject. Debate is encouraged, but always do so in a constructive manner.
  • This thread is for all fans of the Pokémon series, no matter what the capacity! We are here to have fun with friends, so be mature and be respectful.

"Let me think… Oh, that's right. I told you to come!"

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
  • Set up trades and battles, or just come enjoy casual conversation, at our Discord server! A link for ResetEra members is provided above.
  • Remember to share your Nintendo Network IDs or 3DS/Switch friend codes!

"Now, which Pokémon do you want?"
  • The first games in the series, Pocket Monsters Red and Green, were released in Japan in February 1996.
  • Pokémon has become the second-most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world.
  • The main series of games is developed by Game Freak and Creatures Inc. and published by Nintendo.
  • With the release of the seventh generation of Pokémon games, there are over 800 unique monsters to collect!

☆ MAIN SERIES ☆

☆ SPINOFFS ☆

"Excellent! You seem to like collecting things!"
  • The Pokémon Trading Card Game made its debut in Japan in 1996, first published by Media Factory.
  • Players must build a deck of sixty cards using a combination of various "Pokémon," "Trainer," and "Energy" cards.
  • 23.6 billion Pokémon Trading Card Game cards have been produced worldwide, across 12 languages and 74 countries and regions.
  • An online version of the game allows players to register expansion packs and battle online!

"Raise your young Pokémon by making it fight!"
  • The Pokémon anime first aired in Japan on April 1, 1997.
  • The series spans over 1000 episodes and 21 films.
  • Ash Ketchum and his best friend Pikachu have been the main characters of the Pokémon anime since its inception.
  • The official website streams many different episodes at any given time, all free to view.

☆ TELEVISION SERIES ☆

☆ MOVIES ☆

☆ SPECIALS / OVAs ☆

"Hey! Don't go away yet!"
  • Unlike the Pokémon anime, there is no one specific manga existing as Pokémon canon.
  • Many Pokémon manga are never translated into English. Some contain scenarios and artwork considered inappropriate for Western audiences.
☆ THE ELECTRIC TALE OF PIKACHU ☆

☆ POKÉMON ADVENTURES / POKÉMON SPECIAL ☆

☆ POKÉMON POCKET MONSTERS ☆

☆ POKÉMON RÉBURST ☆

"Pokémon around the world wait for you!"
  • In addition to its other media, Pokémon has spawned entire lines of collectable figures, plush dolls, board games, and more.
  • 85 companies around the world make officially licensed products for the franchise; there are around 3,500 items available.
  • The Pokémon Center stores frequently feature merchandise promoting the games and anime. The New York location is now part of the Nintendo World Store.
  • There is now an online Pokémon Center! Browse and purchase many kinds of merchandise from the comfort of your own home.
☆ AMIIBO ☆

☆ D-ARTS FIGURES ☆

☆ TAKARA TOMY "MONSTER COLLECTION" FIGURES ☆

☆ POKÉMON CENTER PLUSH DOLLS ☆

☆ ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACKS ☆

"To make a complete guide on all the Pokémon in the world… That was my dream!"
  • Pokémon - The official Pokémon website.
  • Bulbapedia - Wiki-style encyclopedia containing information on the anime series, movies, games, and manga.
  • Marriland - Pokemon website with walkthroughs, Pokédexes, videos, and more.
  • Nugget Bridge - Competitive Pokémon community centered around the official Video Game Championships (VGC) tournament series.
  • PKMNCollectors - Community dedicated to buying, trading, selling, and collecting all types of Pokemon merchandise.
  • Pokémon Database - Useful tools, including game guides, a Pokédex, a move coverage checker, easy to sort information lists, and more.
  • Serebii - Up-to-date news, databases, and information about all Pokémon games, TCG sets, and the TV show.
  • Smogon - Competitive Pokémon site, featuring Pokémon analyses and articles, a Pokédex, forums and Discord channels, and a Pokémon simulator.
  • Trainer Tower - VGC Reports, Articles, News, Usage and Results. Learn about strategies used in the official Pokemon Video Game Championships circuit.
  • Veekun - Useful Pokédex with complete information for each Pokémon's in-game stats.

"This floor is the Pokémon Hall of Fame. Pokémon thread champions are honored for their exploits here!"
  • qq more, for making the Calem and Serena sprites.
  • Game Freak, Nintendo, and everyone else involved in creating and maintaining this awesome series.
  • You, for helping to make this thread one of the friendliest places on ResetEra!

Last edited:

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP! I have Odyssey and Fire Emblem: Warriors, but I'm suddenly in the mood to replay B/W or B2/W2.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this is the right thread to ask (sorry if it's not). Does anybody have a spare US shiny Silvally code? Living in South America makes it impossible for me to pick one up, sadly. I can trade it for an Alola hat Pikachu or some of the mythicals that have been distributed last year.

Once again, sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, I really like the concept. I'd just like some non-Gen1 Alolan forms though.
Oh, for sure. If we do get more, I'd prefer for them to be from other gens, just to have some more variety/mix it up some and share the love. But if US/UM do end up having more Alolan forms, but it's just more Gen 1 stuff, that's also cool. I just really want to see more new stuff in the end, regardless of where it's from~ :D

Mr-Joker

Oct 25, 2017
We moved again?! I can't handle this man.

Anyway big Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon info blow out to come on the 2nd of November, wonder what they will show off there.

As for the subject of Unova, love the region, love the lore, love the NPC, love the Pokémon and I loooooove the musics. Some of the greatest Pokémon music came from Gen 5.

Oct 25, 2017
There, there now. It'll be ok... -pats you on the back-
Pfft, Johto has a tower dedicated to Bellsprout of all Pokemon. Not even one of their own trash Grass-types like Sunkern or something (okay, I actually think Sunkern is kinda cute, but you get what I mean), but Bellsprout! Clearly Johtoans are lacking anything resembling taste. Or just got extremely drunk one day. Either way, something's definitely going on there. :P

We moved again?! I can't handle this man.

Anyway big Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon info blow out to come on the 2nd of November, wonder what they will show off there.

As for the subject of Unova, love the region, love the lore, love the NPC, love the Pokémon and I loooooove the musics. Some of the greatest Pokémon music came from Gen 5.
YESSSSSS. Route 10 (Unova), N's Farewell, Colress's theme, Village Bridge, etc. So much good stuff~ :D

Last edited:

Scraftyko

Oct 25, 2017
Unova's my favourite region in the series. Never really understood the complaint that it was "too linear;" every region aside from Kanto is just as linear, Unova is just more honest about it and doesn't try and trick you into thinking you have free reign :P

BW2 Unova is even better, too. The added towns are all full of character and I adore some of the new locals like the Marine Tube and Pokéstar Studios.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
I always liked how Kageyama had a test run of Route 10 in HGSS. Not the same song but you can see that it eventually led to it.

N75

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that Kageyama left. I know a lot of people weren't hot on his Gen VI music, but BW has some of best soundtracks in the series imo.

Kokonoe

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pfft, Johto has a tower dedicated to Bellsprout of all Pokemon. Not even one of their own trash Grass-types like Sunkern or something (okay, I actually think Sunkern is kinda cute, but you get what I mean), but Bellsprout! Clearly Johtoans are lacking anything resembling taste. Or just got extremely drunk one day. Either way, something's definitely going on there. :P
I'm reading what you're saying, but it sounds like a Gen War! That's soooo 2014!

I'll tell you what I have planned. Something people aren't accustomed to! POSITIVITY!

Look at this great Pokemon. The GREATEST.

Refyref

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading what you're saying, but it sounds like a Gen War! That's soooo 2014!

I'll tell you what I have planned. Something people aren't accustomed to! POSITIVITY!

Look at this great Pokemon. The GREATEST.

Let me be a huge nerd for a minute.

According to Gulpin's Pokedex entry, it should be able to digest that bowl!

Most of Gulpin's body is made up of its stomach - its heart and brain are very small in comparison. This Pokémon's stomach contains special enzymes that dissolve anything.

Cloggerdude

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish NuggetBridge.com wasn't basically dead now. Was definitely my favorite site for VGC news and strategies, and it feels like a lot of that information can only be found in Facebook groups now.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, that's a little ridiculous. Called into my Gamestop which is usually good about these things, and they STILL don't have in the Silvally codes. Good thing I at least called this time, so I didn't waste another trip...

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I'm just going to repost this I put in the last page so people will see it:

Why aren't there more American knockoffs of Pokémon?

I actually can't think of any, I can think of many more Japanese collecting franchises from the same time period, rather than the money chasing US copycats you'd expect to see after it became such a cultural phenom for those first few years.

I know there are ones on mobile, but that's years after the popularity.money making peak.

Busaiku

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to repost this I put in the last page so people will see it:

Why aren't there more American knockoffs of Pokémon?

I actually can't think of any, I can think of many more Japanese collecting franchises from the same time period, rather than the money chasing US copycats you'd expect to see after it became such a cultural phenom for those first few years.

I know there are ones on mobile, but that's years after the popularity.money making peak.
There are tons and tons.
Open the Play Store and you'll see endless cash-ins.