- Oct 26, 2017
"Hello there! Welcome to ResetEra's Pokémon Community Thread! This thread is inhabited by fans of a media franchise called Pokémon!"
"For most people, Pokémon is a series of video and trading card games. Many also enjoy watching the popular anime series and reading various manga adaptations."
"Your very own Pokémon legend is about to unfold! A thread of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits! Let's go!"
"Hey! Wait! Don't go out! It's unsafe! Wild PokéEra members live in this thread! You need your own Pokémon Community Thread Guidelines for your protection."
- Discussion about anything Pokémon related is what this thread exists for. Play games together, talk about the anime and manga, share music and fan art, and more!
- Don't expect others to share your opinions or enthusiasm towards every subject. Debate is encouraged, but always do so in a constructive manner.
- This thread is for all fans of the Pokémon series, no matter what the capacity! We are here to have fun with friends, so be mature and be respectful.
"Let me think… Oh, that's right. I told you to come!"
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
- Set up trades and battles, or just come enjoy casual conversation, at our Discord server! A link for ResetEra members is provided above.
- Play anything other than Pokémon? Join our Steam Group!
- Share your Nintendo Network IDs or 3DS/Switch friend codes! (Xbox Live and PSN names are cool too!)
☆ OFFICIAL THREADS ☆
"Now, which Pokémon do you want?"
- The first games in the series, Pocket Monsters Red and Green, were released in Japan in February 1996.
- Pokémon has become the second-most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world.
- The main series of games is developed by Game Freak and Creatures Inc. and published by Nintendo.
- With the release of the seventh generation of Pokémon games, there are over 800 unique monsters to collect!
"Excellent! You seem to like collecting things!"
- The Pokémon Trading Card Game made its debut in Japan in 1996, first published by Media Factory.
- Players must build a deck of sixty cards using a combination of various "Pokémon," "Trainer," and "Energy" cards.
- 23.6 billion Pokémon Trading Card Game cards have been produced worldwide, across 12 languages and 74 countries and regions.
- An online version of the game allows players to register expansion packs and battle online!
"Raise your young Pokémon by making it fight!"
- The Pokémon anime first aired in Japan on April 1, 1997.
- The series spans over 1000 episodes and 21 films.
- Ash Ketchum and his best friend Pikachu have been the main characters of the Pokémon anime since its inception.
- The official website streams many different episodes at any given time, all free to view.
"Hey! Don't go away yet!"
- Unlike the Pokémon anime, there is no one specific manga existing as Pokémon canon.
- Many Pokémon manga are never translated into English. Some contain scenarios and artwork considered inappropriate for Western audiences.
"Pokémon around the world wait for you!"
- In addition to its other media, Pokémon has spawned entire lines of collectable figures, plush dolls, board games, and more.
- 85 companies around the world make officially licensed products for the franchise; there are around 3,500 items available.
- The Pokémon Center stores frequently feature merchandise promoting the games and anime. The New York location is now part of the Nintendo World Store.
- There is now an online Pokémon Center! Browse and purchase many kinds of merchandise from the comfort of your own home.
"To make a complete guide on all the Pokémon in the world… That was my dream!"
- Pokémon - The official Pokémon website.
- Bulbapedia - Wiki-style encyclopedia containing information on the anime series, movies, games, and manga.
- Marriland - Pokemon website with walkthroughs, Pokédexes, videos, and more.
- Nugget Bridge - Competitive Pokémon community centered around the official Video Game Championships (VGC) tournament series.
- PKMNCollectors - Community dedicated to buying, trading, selling, and collecting all types of Pokemon merchandise.
- Pokémon Database - Useful tools, including game guides, a Pokédex, a move coverage checker, easy to sort information lists, and more.
- Serebii - Up-to-date news, databases, and information about all Pokémon games, TCG sets, and the TV show.
- Smogon - Competitive Pokémon site, featuring Pokémon analyses and articles, a Pokédex, forums and Discord channels, and a Pokémon simulator.
- Trainer Tower - VGC Reports, Articles, News, Usage and Results. Learn about strategies used in the official Pokemon Video Game Championships circuit.
- Veekun - Useful Pokédex with complete information for each Pokémon's in-game stats.
"This floor is the Pokémon Hall of Fame. Pokémon thread champions are honored for their exploits here!"
- qq more, for making the Calem and Serena sprites.
- Game Freak, Nintendo, and everyone else involved in creating and maintaining this awesome series.
- You, for helping to make this thread one of the friendliest places on ResetEra!