• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
cuih42W.jpg

Lots and lots of walking :-p

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
why would it be too early to power up Pokemon?

Serious question, I haven't done much powering up outside of field research so far (level 20)
Stardust is just an extremely scarce resource to the point it makes sense to wait until endgame to use any of it. Everything I powered up before hitting level 38 I either caught a better copy of later on, or it became irrelevant by the time I could boost it to the maximum level.

These days I don't power up anything without running cost-benefit analysis based on meta relevance, lol

Raids are a far more cost effective way of building up a team of decent, relevant Pokemon for raiding and taking down gyms. You're going to get carried for the first few raids you do, but your options just get better and better the more you raid. There isn't a single Pokemon that won't be one-shot out of gyms if someone really wanted it out, so there's no point powering up gym defenders at all.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that stadust cost to unlocking the second charge move isn't too high.

Needing to "unlock" the second charge move seems a bit extra, but I don't feel strongly one way or another because I do think there are some pros to it. I just hope to cost isn't too ridiculous. I saw people suggesting they'd pay 50,000 for it, and that's like a 5th of my current hoardings as a early level 32 man. Leving up pokemon already burns through the dust quick.
I'm anxiously awaiting details on the stardust and candy costs. First thing I'd like to do is give my Moltres a second move so that he can have the fire type charged attack without me needing to get rid of his raid day move.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Can some kind folks add me as a friend (FC is in the spreadsheet)?

Need 3 new friends for one of the special research thing.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, looks like we're going to get a couple new Pikachus in the future. Chrales spotted Raichus with flowers and a winter beanie in the network activity.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've actually since changed it's name to Meltitan which I think is a much better fitting name

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Until an iOS update goes out, nothing's getting turned on. It seems incredibly unlikely that anything begins today.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Don't see anything on App Store, is the update Android only? If so, nothing is getting turned on until it's out on both.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Now that's a sexy Ultra Box. 14 raid passes, 12 Super incubators, 10 lucky eggs and 10 star pieces. We haven't had such a great ultra box in a long time.

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
So I didn't manage to finish the Meltan Quest before the(cubone/kabuto/aerodactyl, etc...) spawn boost ended and now I'm missing an Aerodactyl-

How boned am I?

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Added 4 new Mons to the Dex today. Torkoal via a trade, traded a couple Buizels for the candy and got myself a Floatzel, and caught a bunch of Piplups, so I was able to evolve all the way up to Empoleon. Piplups show up much more frequently here in SF than they do in the water biome I work at, for some reason.

I also "visited" Niantic's headquarters today (as in, I walked up to the front of their building). I was half-expecting there to be a gym or Pokestop marking it in game, but nope.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Added 4 new Mons to the Dex today. Torkoal via a trade, traded a couple Buizels for the candy and got myself a Floatzel, and caught a bunch of Piplups, so I was able to evolve all the way up to Empoleon. Piplups show up much more frequently here in SF than they do in the water biome I work at, for some reason.

I also "visited" Niantic's headquarters today (as in, I walked up to the front of their building). I was half-expecting there to be a gym or Pokestop marking it in game, but nope.

That's kind of disappointing. How do their staff get items at work all day?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
iOS update is out! I've updated.

So chances are extremely high that trainer battles will go live tomorrow at 1pm PST.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
So I didn't manage to finish the Meltan Quest before the(cubone/kabuto/aerodactyl, etc...) spawn boost ended and now I'm missing an Aerodactyl-

How boned am I?

Have you cleared out your 'stack' of waiting things (you may still have one in there if you've not looked at it in a while)
They *do* spawn sometimes (just very very rare) and I'd expect they will be back in raids at some point (expect a raid change in a week when the current Legendary leaves)

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
It'll come back eventually.

So... just semi-boned?
Have you cleared out your 'stack' of waiting things (you may still have one in there if you've not looked at it in a while)
They *do* spawn sometimes (just very very rare) and I'd expect they will be back in raids at some point (expect a raid change in a week when the current Legendary leaves)

I did save 1 quest that would give me an aerodactyl but the game(yes the game, not me) mistakenly opened it when I clicked on a different one and poof

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So... just semi-boned?

I did save 1 quest that would give me an aerodactyl but the game(yes the game, not me) mistakenly opened it when I clicked on a different one and poof
That aerodactyl encounter should still be there if you haven't caught it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.