• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks, I try not to stress about IVs anymore, I'm mostly trying to collect the Pokémon I need and catch what I can without worrying too much, but I can't deny having a good one escape would completely suck.

Today sucked, but I'll get over it fairly soon. The Mewtwo was only slightly better than the one I already had.

The extra bag space from using the Rare Candy is liberating, and there's basically no reason for me to get another Mewtwo other than being potential trade fodder. Niantic really needs to confirm if trading will ever come at some point.

I hatched a Feebas from my 10K egg, so that was a bright spot. It's a good thing that your trip was worthwhile.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I guess I'd use all the rare candy I have been hoarding on a mewtwo.

If I ever get the chance to catch one.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
What I do know for certain is that the number of raids, raid level, and your Gym Badge status has no effect on your chance of getting a pass. You just to be at the right place at some magical time period. If Niantic said otherwise, then they're lying..

Agreed , over the holidays there was a Romanian guy who came out on one day to do some raids - he did 2 back to back with us and for the second one it was his one and only interaction with the gym and he got an ex raid pass for it

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Just read about the iOS 11 news. Welp, I currently use an iPhone 5C because my 6S was stolen, so that sucks. My sister has a spare 5S, but I don't really want to ask her for it indefinitely until I get a new phone, which might have to wait till May or June :/

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
I take it all back. The spawns are totally depressing since the event finished.

I was just spoiled in the first couple of days post-event because I was hanging out by a water spawn and drowning in Wailmers, Barboachs and Carvanhas.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
This shook me a bit. On the bright side, I caught a boosted 2900cp earlier in the day (98iv) so whatever, I guess. Perfect Kyogre is still a goal though. It's in my top 5 Pokemon of all time.

tNqzwxk.jpg

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I went like 0/5 for Groudon yesterday. None of them were all that good, but still, that sucked haha

Still haven't even seen a hundo, but that's ok. I have my 98.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if Lotad is only out when raining, but they sure do spawn a lot more when it rains. Raining earlier today and yesterday, so they were spawning a good bit.

Also, now over 1/2 mark for my Wailmer!

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
But somehow, it fits neatly into a poke ball!

Also, speaking of Tarous, I caught 2 today wondering around. They were not weather powered or anything either. Weird.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
An Actual Dratini near me! Damn. Those things are so fucking rare now. Kinda miss the days when they were very common (for me) lol

Peristerium

Oct 28, 2017
I really think that it does only come out in the rain. I work in a water biome and we get every water type imaginable here, yet I haven't seen even one Lotad.

But just now, it started raining in game and already a Lotad has spawned.

It is annoyingly rare. I only saw 2 during 'rainy day' and they both have awful IVs. But apparently some people have got them from eggs so maybe there's some hope!

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Here's to hoping the eggs stay what they are for awhile. Getting gen 3 water types from green tier and orange tier eggs are really helpful for where I live.

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
I missed a 98% IV Wailmer by a second due to a red light I was so mad. Been waiting for a good one in order to evolve it since I have like 500+ candies

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I got one Lotad in the rain. I can get almost everything I need from nests, so it's Wailord and Milotic that will take me several months to evolve.

I'm 3/4 for Groudon this whole period. Still been hard for me after that Mewtwo, but I have the firepower to easily solo Machamp. I'll try Alakazam and Gengar when I get the chance.

I've been playing in Windy weather, and I've never seen a Dragon spawn.

Teppic

Oct 25, 2017
https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016003208

They're dropping support for devices that can't upgrade to ios11 at the end of February.
Yeah, so long Pokemon GO. I'm not sure when I can afford a new phone, but I won't be able to buy a new one before that deadline. Maybe many months after. I wonder if I will pick up the game again after all that time. I think I probably won't. It's a routine right now to play, but if I break the routine I have a hard time seeing me return to it. The game isn't exactly super fun.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, so long Pokemon GO. I'm not sure when I can afford a new phone, but I won't be able to buy a new one before that deadline. Maybe many months after. I wonder if I will pick up the game again after all that time. I think I probably won't. It's a routine right now to play, but if I break the routine I have a hard time seeing me return to it. The game isn't exactly super fun.

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
The S2 Cell reserach that's going on is very interesting lol

It's something that was going to happen sooner or later. The frustration is growing everyday over EX Raids to the point where whole communities are gathering to experiment on gyms hoping to get a EX pass.

I myself have changed how I raid because of the research. I am only raiding in gyms that either have had an EX Raid take place previously or gyms that are actually located in the parks themselves regardless of raid lvl.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh what do you know, it's raining and there's a Lotoad a block away. Don't mind if I do.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I strangely missed out on Santa Hat Pichu as well, but always next year.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I can only fit six mass evolves in three hours. But I only need a bit over 600k exp for 40. :thinking:

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Community Day sounds good. If I'm free I'll definitely head into central London and get involved. I wonder which are the special Pokemon that will be available, regionals?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru

I had gotten my hopes up for a second there. I don't get this, why not keep support for devices running iOS 9 or 10 until they officially drop support for those versions? Just let me play with my iPhone 5C for a while until I get a new phone, which will probably be in a few months, around July most likely. If I stop playing for a few months because of this I might actually stop playing PGo altogether.

Also, it seems like they're already releasing Kyogre.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Kyogre, the Water-type Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, is now appearing in Raid Battles around the world! Keep an eye out for Kyogre at Gyms near you, and you may be one of the first to catch this Legendary Pokémon. But don't delay—Kyogre will only be available until 1:00 P.M. PST on February 14, 2018. Good luck, Trainers!

While I'm glad they're releasing him for the weekend, I think they are making a mistake. Should have released him on the 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.