• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So what are the chances that the post-game involves coming across Lillie (and Gladeon? I don't remember if he went with her), at which point the Alolan forms become available?

Wait, Aloan Raichu is in the game, but other new evolutions for Kanto pokemon aren't?
Alolan Raichu isn't a new evolution. It's an alternate Raichu that takes the same spot / number in the Pokédex.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Because that's changing a key element of the games, not dropping things added later.
Read your original post:
I'm not the one who is constantly asking for shit to be removed from Pokemon games that others like because it doesn't fit my nostalgia.
People in this thread have been complaining about things that were introduced in Pokemon Go and wish that they weren't present in the core series. For some people, Pokemon Go is their first Pokemon game. And hardcore fans don't like Pokemon games that others liked because it doesn't fit their nostalgia.

Jan 9, 2018
this game is a bonus.
and as a bonus, it's an amazing one!

The game is $60. It's not a bonus. This is not some gift. It's a product. It can be criticized.

That being said, some people really need to chill for sure lol. Attacking people for liking something is never the way to do anything, smh. Granted, I'm not seeing that kind of behaviour as often in this thread anymore with some very...interesting posts as the exceptions.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LEt's Go is meant to be a simple introduction to the "core" pokemon games similar to the one we had with Gen1. 150 pokes with simple evolution requirements, no held items, etc.

Those games are not really ment for us, who played this 20 years ago.

All mainline Pokemon games are simple introduction to the world of Pokemon as is.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll wait to preorder until we get a bit more info on the battle system and leveling up. If you can level update by fighting trainers time and time again it wouldn't be bad.

I know they won't do it, but it would be great if they included some kind of hard mode for the veterans. Completely optional, let everyone play as they want but not locked behind beating the game once as it was in gen 5.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Read your original post:

People in this thread have been complaining about things that were introduced in Pokemon Go and wish that they weren't present in the core series. For some people, Pokemon Go is their first Pokemon game. And hardcore fans don't like it because it doesn't fit their nostalgia.
You're misunderstanding, I think. I agree with you in that sense, but I think that's a different complaint than the one I'm making. I think that a gameplay system change is a different beast entirely from dropping Pokemon for no real reason. I'm not suggesting that people on either side don't have merit to their arguments with regards to the wild battles going. I think people who push for the original 151 only are a problem and a detriment to the franchise.
That is one of the dumbest decisions they could have made.
I agree with you. I'm also convinced that Alolan forms were only included to bump up the number of Ghost, Steel, Dark, and Dragon types a tiny bit.

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Read your original post:

People in this thread have been complaining about things that were introduced in Pokemon Go and wish that they weren't present in the core series. For some people, Pokemon Go is their first Pokemon game. And hardcore fans don't like Pokemon games that others liked because it doesn't fit their nostalgia.
The thing is, this game isn't removing anything from the core series, it's a new, simpler branch of the core series, meant to be an easy entry for new players while not changing the main series.

If Let's Go didnt exist, there woudl simply not be any pokemon game this year, until Gen 8 is released on 2019. So, people is complaining for nothing

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Read your original post:

You make no sense, replacing something with something from another game is not the same as removing new stuff that was added in addition to the old stuff.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
This might be more helpful than me typing out my answer:

WellwornReasonableBison.gif

Isn't that just from the trailer?

I don't think this is actually flying around. This is just what happens when a large flying pokemon is what you have set to follow you. We don't know if this allows them to move on places the player can't normally walk

a few people replied to me, The flying of this ruby remake is wayyyyy more nextgen feeling than the trailer yesterday for the new pikachu and eevee game.

I can only hope we get this experience in the new game. Flying like this

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
All mainline Pokemon games are simple introduction to the world of Pokemon as is.
Yeah but not that much for younger audiences and new players from the "ipad generation".

We ourselves were introduced with earlier games, like Red, where there were no held items, abilities, etc. They can't remove that from main games, the fans would riot, that's why let's go exists.

Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Judging by the trailer, if they kept battling with Pokemon in, would it still be wild battles when you know exactly where they are?

The trailer showed the player walking directly up to it to interact with the Pokemon, my memory of Sapphire was that you simply didn't know when or where they would pop up.

So yeah, in the end I think they should've kept the Pokemon battle system, but how it looks now you can sort of ignore certain Pokemon and walk around them to not interact.

Oct 27, 2017
Judging by the trailer, if they kept battling with Pokemon in, would it still be wild battles when you know exactly where they are?

The trailer showed the player walking directly up to it to interact with the Pokemon, my memory of Sapphire was that you simply didn't know when or where they would pop up.

So yeah, in the end I think they should've kept the Pokemon battle system, but how it looks now you can sort of ignore certain Pokemon and walk around them to not interact.

Not sure what knowing what the Pokemon is has to do with wild Pokemon battling. At all

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
This is literally a game for the GO audience, and they even said outright that if you don't like this not to worry because the next core focused Pokemon games (Gen 8) are coming next year.

Yes, that I grasp, but what I don't grasp is why the game has to be so feature-stripped for this to be the case. Relying on Go-esque mechanics to prop up a fully fledged $60 game will probably result in a game that's too simple, even for folks that might be attracted to this because of Go. What works well as a phone app you play intermittently/casually while doing other things probably won't translate too well into a dedicated game you can sit down and play in front of a TV.

I think Pokemon's mechanics and sensibilities have probably gone a little over the rails in later gens, so a back-to-basics style game with a few fresh new ideas seems like a smart idea for a new console, but this doesn't even look back-to-basics. It looks below basic.

Plus, for something that appeals to Go players, the connectivity seems pointless because I doubt avid Go players will care about accruing even MORE Gen 1 Pokemon when they were thirsty for Gen 2/3 Pokemon to be added for a long ass time.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Wild pokemon is just catching like in pokemon Go. No battles. Just throwing the ball.

You only battle with other trainers.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'm sure they say in 2017 that the core RPG was due in 2018? so does that mean the Core RPG was delayed a year?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, that I grasp, but what I don't grasp is why the game has to be so feature-stripped for this to be the case. Relying on Go-esque mechanics to prop up a fully fledged $60 game will probably result in a game that's too simple, even for folks that might be attracted to this because of Go. What works well as a phone app you play intermittently/casually while doing other things probably won't translate too well into a dedicated game you can sit down and play in front of a TV.

I think Pokemon's mechanics and sensibilities have probably gone a little over the rails in later gens, so a back-to-basics style game with a few fresh new ideas seems like a smart idea for a new console, but this doesn't even look back-to-basics. It looks below basic.

Plus, for something that appeals to Go players, the connectivity seems pointless because I doubt avid Go players will care about accruing even MORE Gen 1 Pokemon when they were thirsty for Gen 2/3 Pokemon to be added for a long ass time.
It's not just Pokemon GO mechanics though, the traditional battles are still here, you still go through the region on an adventure, Team Rocket is there and presumably you battle gyms and the Elite 4.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand.
Is there actually a game here where you fight other trainers and gym leaders and so on?

The trailer was really vague. So you catch the pokemon and then what?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wild battle != random battle. Wild implies that you're in the wild; random means that a battle may or may not happen. So yes, it would still be a wild battle. And what's in these games are wild encounters. It's just the random aspect that's gone now.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what knowing what the Pokemon is has to do with wild Pokemon battling. At all

I assume the dislike here against wild battles is you simply didn't know what, when, or where a fight would happen. In this game it seems like you know where they are, so you can avoid battles if you want, and walk up to the Pokemon you do wish to battle.

Like I said the last Pokemon I played was Sapphire so maybe my memory is hazy, but I disliked the random fights coming out of nowhere, while still liking fights with Pokemon I wanted.

Wild pokemon is just catching like in pokemon Go. No battles. Just throwing the ball.

You only battle with other trainers.

Yep, just saying I would've liked battling in this game, with the idea of knowing where the Pokemon are and directly choosing which one to battle.

Phil Good

Apr 25, 2018
Very excited with this game, in spite of having played all mainline games. This game is literally the anime : you only catch, not fight, wild Pokemon and battle against trainers. My childhood region in HD. Cool new features like riding on the back of big Pokemon, overworld Pokemon...

This game is not the direction I want for the future, but it is a one-time entry that I always secretly dreamt of. I will play the heck out of it while waiting for the next Gen. Very exciting time to be a Pokemon fan, IMO.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'd be happy enough if they removed wild Pokemon battles from the next "core" Pokemon game. It's not a particularly interesting part of the game. It's just busy work.

Oct 25, 2017
I understand a lot of people's reservations with the game but what's up with all the people that can't even watch the trailer and recognize the battle system is intact?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Good point about the Pokemon GO crowd and the price tag. Most of the people I know who still boot up and play GO when out and about aren't really fans of the other games. Heck, most of them haven't even played a handheld pokemon game! Those folks who are used to playing the free app probably won't shell out money on a new system AND a $60 copy of the game to play something in a similar vein and have that cross-compatibilty with GO. Hopefully Nintendo doesn't project unrealisitc sales figure for this game.

Oct 25, 2017
No, we've already had confirmation that that was a misunderstanding, the game has online battling and trading, but no ranked matches and no online co-op.
Again, that wasn't what the Q&A said. Serebii isn't the be all end all source, especially when he wasn't at the event himself. The officially transcription says there's local wireless battling and trading and no plans to use online. Unless there's some other official source from Pokemon or Nintendo saying otherwise, that word is above all else.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
You make no sense, replacing something with something from another game is not the same as removing new stuff that was added in addition to the old stuff.
Again, WILD BATTLES HAVE BEEN REMOVED.

I'm not equating it to evolutions of gen 1 that were added later. My point is that there are people who have had different experiences than you and it is foolish to dismiss them because you played the games differently than them. We're all fans together. Just with different backgrounds and opinions. We don't have to create sides and wage war against the other side.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Again, that wasn't what the Q&A said. Serebii isn't the be all end all source, especially when he wasn't at the event himself. The officially transcription says there's local wireless battling and trading and no plans to use online. Unless there's some other official source from Pokemon or Nintendo saying otherwise, that word is above all else.
I'm sorry, but you're just plain wrong.