• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wednesday can't come soon enough, the internet is unbearable with all the 'leaks' amd rumors.
You know it's going to be like it until November.

Except as we get more Pokémon revealed, people will fake evolutions/pre-evolutions of them and use them for their fakes.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Question - Do you think that the rumoured Fire/Electric Scorbunny Starter Line could be competitivly good with that typing

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Being a special attacker would be essential, unless they suddenly added a bunch of solid physical electric type moves that aren't restricted to certain lines. STAB Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Volt Switch, decent coverage moves (Focus Blast would probably be one), maybe Nasty Plot or Taunt if it's fast enough. Surge Surfer or a general use version of it would be a good hidden ability, but I doubt they'll let any of the -chus lose an exclusive.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Being a special attacker would be essential, unless they suddenly added a bunch of solid physical electric type moves that aren't restricted to certain lines. STAB Flamethrower/Fire Blast and Volt Switch, decent coverage moves (Focus Blast would probably be one), maybe Nasty Plot or Taunt if it's fast enough. Surge Surfer or a general use version of it would be a good hidden ability, but I doubt they'll let any of the -chus lose an exclusive.
What if it gets Speed Boost ;)

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
We need a new eevee-like pokemon that's somehow a "squire" that can evolve into different types that are each based on one of the knights of the round table.

this will never happen

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I like rare Pokémon that are actually rare or that are found in uncommon ways. The only problem is when you're doing the weird thing they require but then they still have a low rate. If you have to, hide them even more but then make the encounter rate decent lol

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wednesday can't come soon enough, the internet is unbearable with all the 'leaks' amd rumors.

Heh, look how many pages we have in this thread alone, 309. And that's with the only major news being the February Reveal.

For comparison, The Let's Go announcement thread reached 325 pages for it's entire run. From reveal to release.

www.resetera.com

Pokémon Let's Go Eevee/Pikachu (Switch) announced; coming Nov 16th 2018

Release date November 16, 2018 Price $60 Boxart Trailers SCREENSHOTS New Protagonists Features and differences from core games Pokémo Go like catching You can use your Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con to toss a Poké Ball at your target with one hand, either by pressing a...

Needless to say, the hype for a new generation is quite high.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Heh, look how many pages we have in this thread alone, 309. And that's with the only major news being the February Reveal.

For comparison, The Let's Go announcement thread reached 325 pages for it's entire run. From reveal to release.

www.resetera.com

Release date November 16, 2018 Price $60 Boxart Trailers SCREENSHOTS New Protagonists Features and differences from core games Pokémo Go like catching You can use your Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con to toss a Poké Ball at your target with one hand, either by pressing a...

Let's Go was a...divisive game.

So many Greymons in this thread lol

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I like rare Pokémon that are actually rare or that are found in uncommon ways. The only problem is when you're doing the weird thing they require but then they still have a low rate. If you have to, hide them even more but then make the encounter rate decent lol
I'd prefer them be in hidden areas or out of the way "dungeons", but with a high encounter rate once you get there.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Been away from the Pokemon community a bit, any fun fakes/"leaks" in the past week or so? Drawn, 4chan, ect, doesn't matter.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Let's Go was a...divisive game.

So many Greymons in this thread lol

It's a mark of pride for backing our Detective Pikachu brother in the box office.

Unfortunately it sorta turned out like this:

yM7Pwb8.gif

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mark of pride for backing our Detective Pikachu brother in the box office.

Unfortunately it sorta turned out like this:

yM7Pwb8.gif

Never bet on Pikachu for anything.

They even screwed up Pikachu in Lets Go, it wasnt very good there, while Eevee was legtimately a good Pokemon thanks to its unique moves! Well, good in the context of Lets Go anyways, I probably wouldn't use that Eevee if it somehow (I highly doubt it will) got into Sword and Shield unless Eeveeium Z was compatible with it lol

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Never bet on Pikachu for anything.

They even screwed up Pikachu in Lets Go, it wasnt very good there, while Eevee was legtimately a good Pokemon thanks to its unique moves! Well, good in the context of Lets Go anyways, I probably wouldn't use that Eevee if it somehow (I highly doubt it will) got into Sword and Shield unless Eeveeium Z was compatible with it lol

I mean, if there was a bet on Pikachu to make, it's sales. Most of the charts literally only have LGP in it, LGE fell off entirely.

I await to see the Avatar that'll be picked for the Alolan League bet thread if Ash will win or lose.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

there was just less to talk about since it kept showing that there wasn't much new for LG. new gens are a whole different ballgame

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone read this Pastebin with rumors about the games? I feel like this stuff is pretty believable.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

www.resetera.com

Good times lol

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least it's fun to read, but it's way too much stuff for 15 minutes.

I think a lot of the content in there, if it's real, will be really glossed over. Like Photo Mode or the new battle types, that can be resumed in 30 seconds or so. Talking about the new characters wouldn't take more than 2 minutes too.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I have the impression we will only see a new eeveelution if it's a new type in the game.

I wouldn't place my bet on new evolutions either, discounting Sylveon and Megas, the last time we had that was three gens ago. I think GF is actively avoiding it.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I'm thinking Gamefreak is not going to be introducing any past-gen evolutions anymore outside of Eevee on the basis they now have megas and regional variants to work with, and knowing them we could see another crazy new mechanic or Pokemon variation. I think Gen 4 was overall pretty successful with its entries though (outside of Gen 1, eh..) and there's a few Pokemon I could think of that seem unfinished and evolution worthy (will anyone ever give Farfetch'd the love it deserves??)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Eviolite is the main reason we don't see cross gen evos outside of Eevee anymore. Fuck that item.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
I always felt like gen IV was meant to be the ultimate generation, a bookend to the part of the series based in Japan, where they completed every evolutionary line they wanted, introduced the creation myth of their universe, and rebooted everything with BW.
I'd love for this gen to be the equivalent for the last ones. We'd get evos for mons from gens V - VII, another 720 BST monster, or something like that. Tons of Kalos mons really could use a third member in their lines.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any old threads with reactions to Arceus' reveal/existence? Or would a 720 BST monster not have actually made much waves back then?

Lumines

Oct 25, 2017
"A Pokemon who dares to attack the Glacier Guard will be frozen."

At least try to make the fake sound like something Game Freak would do.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Gamefreak is not going to be introducing any past-gen evolutions anymore outside of Eevee on the basis they now have megas and regional variants to work with, and knowing them we could see another crazy new mechanic or Pokemon variation. I think Gen 4 was overall pretty successful with its entries though (outside of Gen 1, eh..) and there's a few Pokemon I could think of that seem unfinished and evolution worthy (will anyone ever give Farfetch'd the love it deserves??)
One of the worst parts of the spaceworld leak was seeing Farfetch'd have an evolution and then getting no follow through on it in gen 4.

Some day, Madame, some day....

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all say Eviolite is blocking further evolutions, but we could still have branch-evolutions like Slowking, Gallade and Froslass without breaking the Eviolite rule.