Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1573024132298.png

Lmao like this angle on Sandaconda, here are its stats and ability

Silicobra Sand Snake Pokemon 7'3" 16.8 lbs It spews sand from its nostrils. While the enemy is blinded, it burrows into the ground to hide.

Sandaconda Sand Snake Pokemon 12'6" 144.4 lbs Its unique style of coiling allows it to blast sand out of its sand sac more efficiently

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1573024912966.png

Runerigus stats and new ability Wandering Spirit

Yamask Spirit Pokemon 1'8" 3.3 lbs It's said that this Pokemon was formed when an ancient clay tablet was drawn to a vengeful spirit.

Runerigus Grudge Pokemon 5'3 146.8 lbs Never touch its shadowlike body, or you'll be shown the horrific memories behind the picture carved into it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1573022395954.png

Cursola from the side

Corsola Coral Pokemon 2' 1.1 lbs Sudden climate change wiped out this ancient kind of Corsola. This Pokemon absorbs others' life-force through its branches.

Cursola Coral Pokemon 3'3" .9 lbs Be cautious of the ectoplasmic body surrounding its soul. You'll become stiff as stone if you touch it.

RIP Corsola population
Fuck Mareanie and Toxapex. It's their fault!

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Leaker is taking a break to get more pics, and I'm going to be because its 2:30 am lol, someone take over for me in posting these here if you want. Good night
An interesting twist on Mummy, instead of replacing it steals the ability of the opponent.
also its when you attack them with a contact move, rather than getting attacked

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Doesn't that ability mean that it could just keep getting swapped back and forth, especially since Runerigus is a physical attacker?

Leaker is taking a break to get more pics, and I'm going to be because its 2:30 am lol, someone take over for me in posting these here if you want. Good night

also its when you attack them with a contact move, rather than getting attacked
It swaps when the ability holder is attacked by a contact move, not when they attack the other Pokemon.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a full list of Sword/Shield differences yet?
Also, didn't one of the gens have like a battle dojo house builder post game mode? I think I missed that gen but always seemed like something I would like and hope to see again.

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Doesn't that ability mean that it could just keep getting swapped back and forth, especially since Runerigus is a physical attacker?
I didn't realize that until after lol. Yeah, you're gonna be going back and forth until someone dies, unless he has a non contact physical move thats really good. Still seems to be a slightly more useful version of mummy, tho not as good as it sounds.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more, it works way better in doubles, because you can just steal their ability and let your partner kill the guy who got stuck with wandering spirit.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Do we have a full list of Sword/Shield differences yet?
Also, didn't one of the gens have like a battle dojo house builder post game mode? I think I missed that gen but always seemed like something I would like and hope to see again.
Gyms: Fighting and Rock in Sword, Ghost and Ice in Shield

Pokemon:
Sword:
Farfetch'd and Sirfetch'd
Gothita, Gothorita, and Gothitelle
Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon
Turtonator
Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, and Kommo-o
Rufflet and Braviary
Applin evolves into Flapple

Shield:
Ponyta and Rapidash
Solosis, Duosion, and Reuniclus
Pupitar, Larvitar, and Tyranitar
Drampa
Goomy, Sliggoo, and Goodra
Vullaby and Mandibuzz
Applin evolves into Appletun

Speculated but unconfirmed:
Darumaka, Darmanitan, and Stonjourner for Sword
Corsola, Cursola, and Eiscue for Shield

Reasons for the speculation is that Sirfetch'd being a new Pokemon doesn't make it a direct counterpart to Rapidash and since it's pure Fighting and Sword has a Fighting gym, Cursola could be its pure Ghost counterpart. The Shield leaker didn't have the Darumaka line as seen in his dex, so it could be the Sword counterpart to Ponyta. If those two gyms have their own exclusive Pokemon to go with them, then it can be assumed that the Rock and Ice type gyms do as well, and Stonjourner and Eiscue are the only Pokemon of those types I can think of on equal footing as single stages, and they're both right next to each other in the dex.
This is the best we know currently.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
With wandering spirit you could have a pokemon with a bad ability target runerigus or the opponent that gets wandering spirit to get rid of the bad ability.

Also you can have your own pokemon give runerigus a good ability.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the fossils. Their design, I mean. What Game Freak missed seems so obvious that the official designs make absolutely no sense to me :/

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the fossils. Their design, I mean. What Game Freak missed seems so obvious that the official designs make absolutely no sense to me :/
The joke is that they make no sense. They are different parts of real dinosaurs that were wrongly put together and the scientist are trying to find a reason why their wrong thought it true.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It's a reference to paleontologists reconstructing fossils wrong and/or mixing them up from various species.

For example, Early scientists thought that dinosaurs dragged their tails like lizards do today but most now agree that they held them high.

But you still have the tail dragger posture imprinted in popular media.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty simple- you have sets of incompatible fossils that you ram together to make godless abominations, and the Pokédex entries are desperately trying to pretend that these are Pokémon that could have previously existed rather than the monstrosities of science they actually are.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Wait, so Dragapault evolves at Level 60 because if so that's lame. I wonder when you can find Dracovish?

Last edited:

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Regarding nature changes:
There's an item that sells for 50 BP that lets you change nature

Dragapult base stats are meh. It's a good BST but it's SO unnecesarily fast. If it doesn't learn Swords Dance it might get outclassed by other pseudos like Hydreigon and Tyranitar.

Hatterene looks really good, overall decent stats for a TR Sweeper (and setter, since it's a psychic type. inb4 it's a lele 2.0 and can't learn TR either).

Dragapult:
HP: 72 - 87
Atk: 111 - 126
Def: 68 - 84
SpA: 86 - 101
SpDef: 73 - 89
Spe: 144 - 159

Hatterene:
HP: 45 - 61
Atk: 85 - 100
Def: 97 - 112
SpA: 136 - 152
SpDef: 101 - 116
Spe: 27 - 42

Last edited:

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

Dragapault base stats are meh. It's a good BST but it's SO unnecesarily fast. If it doesn't learn Swords Dance it might get outclassed by other pseudos like Hydreigon and Tyranitar.

Hatterene looks really good, overall decent stats for a TR Sweeper (and setter, since it's a psychic type. inb4 it's a lele 2.0 and can't learn TR either).

Abra cut finally justified

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
its so depressing how low alcremie and eldegoss are on everyones list... theyre like two of the best designs this gen T_T
You'll get to feel unique and have them all to yourself! I'd rather the Pokemon I'm into weren't so popular because I know the competitive scene will be flooded with em.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018

Dragapault base stats are meh. It's a good BST but it's SO unnecesarily fast. If it doesn't learn Swords Dance it might get outclassed by other pseudos like Hydreigon and Tyranitar.

What's we're Dragapult's stats? Think the photos have disappeared.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
also these images of the stats from 4chan are not working for me and im not sure why. it says the post could not be found when i click on it, and in this thread just appears as a question mark...

anywhere i can find a consolidated version of the stats estimates??

You'll get to feel unique and have them all to yourself! I'd rather the Pokemon I'm into weren't so popular because I know the competitive scene will be flooded with em.
that's true actually and a very unexpectedly wholesome response. thank you :')

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
thanks so much!
Dragapult:

Hatterene:

I'll edit these in on my earlier post too.
the trans flag pokemon turns out to be an absolute beast... i love it!!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Most of the stats are pretty specialized, kinda surpised actually. Also a lot of the Pokemon from this gen either prevent stat changes entirely or negative stat changes only. Throw in the fact that most of the higher tier stuff that survived are good at weather, this gen is gonna be funky. World War Weather 2 + Stall Meta hopefully incoming, people are already running away with fear at the mere hint of Weather Wars.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Dragapult:

Hatterene:

I'll edit these in on my earlier post too.
Thanks. Dragapult looks ok. Hatterene looks better than i expected but that speed :-(

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hatterene has waaaay too much attack at the cost of her HP. Her bulk is nice but HP is a bit low sadly. (Or thankfully? Her AoE heal move might prove to strong by itself.)

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Remember that Gigantamax Hatterene confuses both opponents, with what I would guess is her (100% female ratio!) psychic type gmax move

Thanks. Dragapult looks ok. Hatterene looks better than i expected but that speed :-(

Trick room! I was really happy when I saw that speed stat since I was already theoryzing about Trick Room Hattene

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Surprised to see Centiskorch with balanced across the board stat ranges. With it being a centipede I was expecting it to be really fast. It getting Fire Lash is sweet though, that's a pretty good move with it always lowering the target's Def afterwards.

Dragapult also looks strong with that typing and Speed. It might get held back from being as good as it could be from the lack of good physical Ghost moves, though.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the high Special Attack settles it then for my Hatterene vs Galarian Rapidash debate. Hatterene will be my dragon slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.