Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
We don't know what level the Champion's Pokemon are. They could easily be 60ish so you'd have your Dragapult for the league.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
When leaker said he was grinding a bit more for Grimmsnarl, he specified that his grind spot was
The championship league/battle

So that's probably where the highest level mons are (even if it's a trainer battle)

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
We don't know what level the Champion's Pokemon are. They could easily be 60ish so you'd have your Dragapult for the league.
The leaker has already been playing some postgame stuff and his team is currently low to mid 60s. Pseudos have slower level-ups than other mons, so you're not gonna have a Dragapult until the postgame or literally right at the end of the campaign.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So basically Hatterene has:

- a healing move that heals her and partner
- exclusive Gigantamax move that confuses both opponents
- Gigantamax also fixes her biggest issue with low HP for 3 turns

This mon is going to be a pain to face isn't it.

Ofc, Gigantamax Hatterene can't use the healing move thankfully.

Sir_Durpsalot

Nov 5, 2019
So has any more info on galarian farfetch'd been revealed? (the leaker probably has Shield right?)
also has G-max gengar been confirmed as false or just not yet revealed?

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Dynamax is literally just a 3 turn HP boost, its really not that significant in the long term outside of its setup potential and its not LGPE-esque because it only increase HP will dynamax'd, not normally
Depending on how high the multiplier goes it could be nothing to sneeze at. 40-50% damage for 3 turns + max moves, and it's free.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Remember that Gigantamax Hatterene confuses both opponents, with what I would guess is her (100% female ratio!) psychic type gmax move

Trick room! I was really happy when I saw that speed stat since I was already theoryzing about Trick Room Hattene
I don't really play truck room but yeah great potential with that.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
Some surprisingly solid statlines so far!
Orbeetle's the only disappointment for me so far, but as its typing overlaps so hard with other pokemon I was interested in, I suppose it's good to have a solid reason to not go for it.

Was interested in Hatterene but there was some overlap with types there too; she looks really really good assuming she has another ability that does anything useful.

Dragapult is what I expected: awesome but not practical for a standard playthrough.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1573018460961.png

Life Dew is an AOE heal
Here it is.

Hoping it's 33% for both or it'll be busted.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Thanks! I'm guessing it's between a 25% and 50% recovery. I doubt it's 50% since it would just be a better an objectively better version of heal pulse, maybe it recovers around 33% HP?

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Man I can't wait for gen 8 meta. Gonna be the biggest shakeup in a long time. Dexit will make this a much more interesting competitive game.

Imagine if Landorus didn't come back until gen 5 remakes. A man can dream.

Sir_Durpsalot

Nov 5, 2019
There are several we know of but haven't gotten a good look at in game like Flapple/Appletun's, but yeah we're unlikely to know for sure until a datamine or if a new leaker has another guidebook.
oh right forgot about those, any idea if the picture of a supposed G-max Eldegoss is real?
I can't wait to catch all the new pokémon and pokémon with G-max forms!

Sir_Durpsalot

Nov 5, 2019
Also I feel like because the leaker has finished the game by now and he hasn't reveald any G-max starters (new starters) that there won't be any, which is sad. The starters of gen 6 also didn't get any mega's, but the starters of gen 7 did get Z-moves ;-;

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
My team will probably end up being something along the lines of:

Rillaboom
Corviknight
Hatterene
Grimmsnarl
Toxtricity
Grapploct

Though there's others I like and I'll mix it up as I go depending on availability. EXP Share makes things easy too, I think I had 10 Pokemon in rotation by the end of XY due to it.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Is this love at first sight?

snom-png.204330

And finally they make an Ice Pokémon with stats that aren't shit or defense-oriented! Frosmoth is gonna be dangerous if it gets Quiver Dance.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Is this love at first sight?

snom-png.204330

And finally they make an Ice Pokémon with stats that aren't shit or defense-oriented! Frosmoth is gonna be dangerous if it gets Quiver Dance.
It does get Quiver Dance, the leaker posted it with some of it's moves.

Also, nice to see that Duruludon and Falinks seem pretty good.
I was kind of worried since they don't have evo/pre-evos.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
"rain team" yeah I never thought I'd see those two words together in an actual pokémon game. This game is actually focused on competitive battling

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Im really surprised that the hatterene vs grimmsnarl lines and/or Frosmoth vs centiskortch lines aren't looking to be version exclusive. Both are so obviously mirrors of each other that I was certain they'd not be in the same game, it just makes so much sense. The former are both three stage, similarly powerful fairy types; the latter are both two stage bug types.

I guess it's a good thing in the end if they aren't, just a bit weird

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
What the fuck is Cinderace's movepool? This thing might actually be really good. That signature move is busted as well.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I am going to assume it gets Gunk Shot because he can shoot all kinds of stuff as a football? Also, the animation for that move in SuMo was literally a trash can being thrown away.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
Both of those signature moves look pretty good. Rillaboom has a decently powerful move with the very useful side effect of always gimping the opponent's speed, which should be nice competitively. 120 BP for cinderance's move is massive as well

Edit: aaaand intelons looks pretty bad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.