• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kind of worried about those new Dex entries not being as neat as SM. I hope this doesn't mean old Pokemon got cheated out and they reused old ones.

Also a big difference from Alola in how simple these new Pokemon are in terms of Abilities...though maybe these are just default ones. Like it'll suck if Orbeetle only has Swarm, Sandaconda has Shed Skin...

And then something like Falinks just has Battle Armor???

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Gunk Shot still the trash can animation from X/Y? Please be the trash can. I want to see Cinderace kick the trash can.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
unknown.png

Rental Duraludon

unknown.png

Inteleon and Cinderace pics incoming
Where are Inteleon's legs in the sprite artwork lol

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
Snipe Shot looks like it ignores Water Absorb/Storm Drain but I'm not sure why you'd run it over Scald or Hydro Pump to be honest.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cinderace gets Gunk Shot because it's called Dustk Shoot in Japan and "shoot" is basically Japanese-ism for scoring a goal. Same reason why Passimiam gets it.

Cinderace might even get Electro Web like Passimiam because the Japanese name is Electro Net as in a soccer net.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
1573034012819.png

1573034127775.png

unknown.png

Battle tower has a selection of rental teams you can use. These are the stats for the rental Falinks
Oh cool, different rental teams for playstyles that could go a long way to make the facility fun and worthwhile. Also, Falinks being a fast physical is damn good, also that ability will help it a lot.
unknown.png

Rillaboom signature move

Cinderace's move is more interesting than Rillaboom's, that's for sure. Also very versatile for a mono fire, lots of coverage.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Rental Dragapult in the Battle Tower has Infiltrator as its ability

Moves are Dragon Darts, Draco Meteor, Phantom Force, and U-Turn

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
I find it absolutely hilarious we're getting ability/stat/move details from rental teams.

A lot of this info is really cool. Also Falinks is genderless, neat. And that ability on Duralodon is its HA, its others are Light/Heavy Metal.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Snipe Shot is specifically made for doubles, but it would have been cool if it had a high crit rate.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly for me Cinerace is seeming cooler and cooler by the moment.

Still waiting to see Intelleon animations though

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there only five rental teams?

I feel like there's probably a way to score more because it's weird there's only one weather based team.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snipe Shot is the big thing for Intelleon. Reliability is a big thing in doubles. It seems it ignores stuff like Rage Powder too which is usually used by grass types which makes it extra big.

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
So Inteleon's ability sucks then, compared to the others? I wanted to choose him :(

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta go fast

Cant believe Duraludon is a fast special attacker. and that Barraskewda holy hell

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So Inteleon's ability sucks then, compared to the others? I wanted to choose him :(
Inteleon's ability is the same as all the starters, or do you mean its signature move? If you mean it's move, it's made for double battles so moves like Follow Me and Rage Powder don't effect its target. It's a decent move for a playthrough, but if you're playing singles competitive, you can just swap it for surf or scald.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of moves & abilities that ignore 'draw in' moves & abilities makes me wonder if Game Freak got fed up with people using them in VGC.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Barraskewda looked like it was going to be another forgettable fish pokemon and then BAM it's a fucking monster

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snipe Shot is easily the most interesting signature move of the three and the first thing related to Inteleon that has piqued any sort of interest from me.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
No wonder there are so many single types, this gen would be busted as fuck if some of the dual types came into play. Also, Mystical Fire Hatterene is solid, its making sure it can survive its weaknesses.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna know if Sirfetch'd learns Leaf Blade. It feels like a perfect fit for it even if there's no real application for a grass move on it.

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
The fact that Snorlax is holding a sitrus berry makes me wanna think that 50% berries (iapapa, wiki, figy ...) got nerfed. Yay

I wanna know if Sirfetch'd learns Leaf Blade. It feels like a perfect fit for it even if there's no real application for a grass move on it.

Farfetch'd learns it so I don't see how Sirfetch'd wouldn't

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I wish he'd show off what the Pokemon look like mid animation.

Seeing Intelleon in motion is more important than seeing his moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.