Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Is there a symbol on the pokemon? I don't think I could tell say, Gengar, by eye

On the first page of the pokemon's individual menu, there'll be a red star symbol next to the Galar mark, in the same row as the customizable markings, directly underneath the how many exp needed to next level info.

Fake Edit:

It should also appear as shiny during the raid so you will already see it when the fight starts

I think it only showed up as shiny in the post-raid selection screen, not during the fight. I was only half-paying attention but the shiny color would have been pretty obvious in this case.

Real edit:

If they do show up shiny during the raid, there's also the sparkle effect at the start of the battle as additional tip-off to go by for pokemon with very minimal differences.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yes if you check out the Pokémon there is a symbol if it's shiny. It should also appear as shiny during the raid so you will already see it when the fight starts
I dont think that's true, the Lunala i caught was only shiny at the end of the adventure, not during the raid itself. Its the same for any pokemon caught during it, shinyness is rolled at the end after you beat the legendary and choose a pokemon to keep

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Huh, that's weird. Why would they change it now when shinies always appeared as such in raids
To stop people from quitting as soon as they see the legendary isn't shiny. I've only played the Dynamax Adventures, but from that alone I can tell the developers have put a lot of thought into the expansion, with the shiny rate being kinda proportionate to if you spent the time soft resetting instead.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Oh, nice. I totally forgot that I have this downloaded. Any idea on how long this is?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Having lots of trouble trying to catch Calyrex.

EDIT: critical catch baybeeeee

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
The Regi temples are so disappointing. I was hoping these were going to be ancient, labryinth like temples that you would need to puzzle solve and work your way through to get to one of the Regis. Maybe battle some high level trainers inside that were also getting lost looking for its secrets.

Instead, it's literally just a room with no puzzles at all. You walk in, step on some lamps, and start the battle.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Casual player here, but im enjoying the enviroment and the expansion way more than isle of armor. I raised my core team to level 80, now im going through with a few of my other teams
To raise them up to 80 as well. Starting with my legendary team, then my gen one team, then dragon type team

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Having lots of trouble trying to catch Calyrex.
It has a really low catch rate. It's the same as what legendaries used to be before they made them easy to catch for story purposes. Easiest to put it to sleep or paralyze and false swipe it. Even then will take a while. That's part of why they just give you another master ball at the start.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
It has a really low catch rate. It's the same as what legendaries used to be before they made them easy to catch for story purposes. Easiest to put it to sleep or paralyze and false swipe it. Even then will take a while. That's part of why they just give you another master ball at the start.
I ended up getting it with a critical catch lol. I hate using Master Balls unless I know there's nothing else in the game I might want to use it on.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So I havent been paying attention to Pokemon since the game came out and I havent played it yet. How does the DLC work? Is it something you do after beating the game? Or has it been added to the game and can be explored any time during the game?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So I havent been paying attention to Pokemon since the game came out and I havent played it yet. How does the DLC work? Is it something you do after beating the game? Or has it been added to the game and can be explored any time during the game?
I think you can access both expansions early on, but only Isle of Armor scales with your party's level. Crown Tundra is meant to be endgame content, like level 70 and above.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I think you can access both expansions early on, but only Isle of Armor scales with your party's level. Crown Tundra is meant to be endgame content, like level 70 and above.
Ah, ok, thanks. Thats neat. Sounds like the new open areas are exactly what I was hoping the main game would be like.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It is painfully apparent how weak the Crown of Tundra batch of newly implemented Pokemon is. We have fossil Pokemon walking around, those very rare Pokemon in the base SwSh now available in bulk and roaming the areas, and a bunch of legendary Pokemon to pad the new Dynamax raids.

Isle of Armor was much stronger in this area. At least you didn't feel like you saw the majority of returning Pokemon on your first run through the map. I'm already losing interest.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
From what I understand Beldum has such a low catch rate because it was an anticheat back on the OG Ruby and Sapphire as the only legit way to get one was the gift one from post game, and for some stupid reason Gamefreak hasn't changed its catch rate. I thankfully just transferred one from Home and it is now a healthy Metagross now.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Is it possible to join a Dynamax Raid from another version so that I can get Legendaries from that version? If so, how? I have Sword and would like to get Lugia Xerneas and Palkia.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to join a Dynamax Raid from another version so that I can get Legendaries from that version? If so, how? I have Sword and would like to get Lugia Xerneas and Palkia.
Xerneas is sword exclusive. And yes, it's possible. Just go on an adventure and don't catch the pokemon (if it's not shiny). At the end, save the adventure.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
I'd take easier catches in exchange for harder battles, actually. Trying to get that sweet red spot without using false swipe is always tense, but when the struggle turns into "I threw 30 balls and now I need to start using the bad ones, knowing well that they're going to fail" it's just not fun.
Specially in recent games where there's dozens of legendaries already that you probably won't be using anyways.

I bet they could make it some sort of minigame where you need to press in the opposite direction to make it easier to catch, like reeling a fish. There would still be RNG and the legendaries could be crazy hard with the minigame, but it'd be less RNG-dependant.
Just make legendary battles like USUM totems. Being outnumbered + stat buffs could make for some challenging encounters, but keep the catching style from Dynamax Raids (defeat then throw a 100% rate ball).

Edit: thinking about it, a reverse Max Raid battle facility would've been cool. I still think totems had a lot of potential if they had more complex bosses.

Last edited:

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
seeing the frosmoth forest was kind of cool but mostly just made me envious of a world where gamefreak does more than the absolute bare minimum when it comes to utilizing 3d space and modern technology

riq

Feb 21, 2019
seeing the frosmoth forest was kind of cool but mostly just made me envious of a world where gamefreak does more than the absolute bare minimum when it comes to utilizing 3d space and modern technology
Haven't started CT yet, but felt the same with Isle of Armour. I know this bodes well for gen IX and that GF is know for incremental advancements, but the dex cut really soured Sw/Sh to me.

I could understand games being incrementally better because they had to keep everyone in. Cutting the roster had to be justified by the games being a huge evolutionary step, wich these aren't. They only delivered it via DLC...

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
so is there no way to determine ice horse nature? I guess I should be soft resetting for a zero speed calyrex then right? Brave nature?
I dont think you even can determine Calyrex's nature. I went in with synch Adamant Abra, did not work, but lucked the hell out and landed a Brave nature on my first try.

Oct 26, 2017
Now this is a blast from my past...
Just found a Shiny Sudowoodo in a Dynamax Adventure, Sudowoodo was my very first non-forced Shiny ever way back in the original Silver.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
So let me get this straight, you only have one shot at catching the legendary? So if it is not shiny, don't catch it, and keep going at it until you get the shiny version?

Donalp15

Oct 27, 2017
So let me get this straight, you only have one shot at catching the legendary? So if it is not shiny, don't catch it, and keep going at it until you get the shiny version?
You won't know if the Legendary is shiny until the final results screen, as Pokemon do not appear shiny during the Dynamax battles.

To shiny hunt, you beat the legendary and choose to catch it.
Then on the final results screen, check if it's shiny or not. If it's shiny, then keep it. If not choose something else or reject everything.

You can catch it them during the battle, just make sure you do not choose to keep it at the end.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
You won't know if the Legendary is shiny until the final results screen, as Pokemon do not appear shiny during the Dynamax battles.

To shiny hunt, you beat the legendary and choose to catch it.
Then on the final results screen, check if it's shiny or not. If it's shiny, then keep it. If not choose something else or reject everything.

You can catch it them during the battle, just make sure you do not choose to keep it at the end.
Just to add on to this, if you catch everything you fight then you'll have a 1/25 chance of finding a shiny with the Shiny Charm, so it's worth just tossing a PokeBall at anything and checking it out at the end. I'm not sure if the regular Pokemon will be shiny if you choose to use them for the rest of the run though.

Oct 26, 2017
My first shiny legendary made its appearance.
ElHg8uUVkAAj6lH

Not one I've been hunting.

This is definitely a ton of fun for collecting shinies. All 4 I've found are ones I probably would have never actively looked for.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Registeel has like 5 health, is paralyzed... and yet has made me go through all of my Dusk Balls and now I've gone through about 25 Ultra Balls, most don't even shake one.

This is going to be fun.

Edit: Literally caught it the try after I posted this. They trick is to complain on the internet!

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Wow did they finally fix the ycomm? I could never join raid requests and I've jumped into 3