Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The selections here definitely make me more optimistic that we're going to get a reasonable rotation for future games.

It was very easy to see a future where the most popular and competitive-relevant Pokémon were featured forever with less popular Pokémon left to rot, but they've really planted a flag in the ground by flipping that for Sword and Shield.

exactly,

the only people i have seen crying about the cut pokemon are literally listing very popular ones.

i mean, my favorite pokemon didn't make the cut, and i dont care.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I actually think that it's to be commended that they have got rid of some sacred cows with these cuts.

If we are to accept that Pokémon are going to be left out, I'm glad it's not just hyper-popular Pokémon being included and more obscure ones being left out.

That's what I kept saying all this time.

It's just impossible* to always include the popular Pokémon, every single game. If they weren't cut now, they were gonna get cut the next one, or the next one. That would make every new game very boring and repetitive if there were always the same base Pokémon, to call them some way.

* it actually would be possible to include every single Pokémon, if the developers wanted to, but that's another debate we already had months ago lol

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
So are discussions about which old pokemon are in the game fair game or not? Because there are a couple of posts on this page that name some of the ones that did not make the cut...

Edit: meant posts on the previous page.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
nicknames_v1.txt
Grookey - Sarsaparilla. Eldegoss - Lotta Hart (?), Wooloo - Ewegene/Ewegina(?), Corviknight - Lenore, Corviknight w/ HA: Eronel, Drednaw: Adam N. Toise, Alcremie: Dollop (?), Yamper - Winthrop, Rolycoly - Greaseball (?), Duraludon - Kiryu (?), Obstagoon - ?, Morpeko - ?, Cramorant - ?, Poltegeist - Booibos (?)

Gosh darn it, you scared me for a second. I thought this was someone just openly posting Evolution names lmao!

But yeah, I like those Nicknames, especially your Corviknight ones!

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
I'm glad to here you've been able to remove yourself from that kinda toxic headspace, hope you're able to continue to dodge spoilers. Good luck on your classes!

I've never done a themed set of names, it's usually either a pun, a reference, or some tortured daisy chain of thoughts. Or, of course, naming your virtual pet after a physical pet. =) I used to have a pet corgi so Yamper's gonna be named Winthrop, and my wife's trash goblin kitten Gurgoyle is 100% going to be the namesake for my Impidimp.

Pun names are the best. Pokémon names are often puns and word play anyway, so it feels pretty natural to me. The best name I've seen of Honedge was "Hexcalibur", it was so beautiful I had to name mine the same. I have also seen a video of someone playing a SuMo Nuzlocke and named their Popplio "Clown Prince" another fun name. I typically name based on whatever feels right at the moment, but I think one of my proudest would be naming my Noctowl "Clockwise" in Soul Silver.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
What I wonder is how is gonna be the future of the franchise from now on. If we keep getting those yearly games, then having a Pokémon "cut" from the latest game won't feel as bad, but if there's no full compatibility between games of the same generation, I mean, SwSh and whatever they do next, that will also shorten the lifespan of each pair of games. Besides, no matter how many Pokémon they cut, it's a matter of time before they realize isn't viable to keep releasing games every year.

I also wonder if the "generations" will become shorter, or more than that, we'll get batches of new Pokémon across the several releases, like USUM did, but in a bigger scale (like a new wave of Pokémon without starters, to denote that they're still part of the same generation)
I feel like we're way past them cutting the lifespan on each pair of games. OR/AS had stuff you couldn't get in X/Y, and US/UM and Let's Go straight up have new species of Pokemon in them.

I don't know how long this generation will be, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a remake and then a second Galar game with more Pokemon (including past starters and legendaries like they usually do with the expansion games)

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Is there a list of old Pokemon in the game? I get that you could cross reference the cut Pokemon with a list but I'm lazy.

Caterpie

Metapod

Butterfree

Grubbin

Charjabug

Vikavolt

Hoothoot

Noctowl

Pidove

Tranquill

Unfezant

Lotad

Lombre

Ludicolo

Seedot

Nuzleaf

Shiftry

Purrloin

Liepard

Bunnelby

Diggersby

Minccino

Cinccino

Bounsweet

Steenee

Tsareena

Oddish

Gloom

Vileplume

Bellossom

Budew

Roselia

Roserade

Wingull

Pelipper

Joltik

Galvantula

Electrike

Manectric

Vulpix

Ninetales

Growlithe

Arcanine

Vanillite

Vanillish

Vanilluxe

Swinub

Piloswine

Mamoswine

Delibird

Snorunt

Glalie

Froslass

Baltoy

Claydol

Mudbray

Mudsdale

Dwebble

Crustle

Golett

Golurk

Munna

Musharna

Natu

Xatu

Stufful

Bewear

Snover

Abomasnow

Krabby

Kingler

Wooper

Quagsire

Corphish

Crawdaunt

Nincada

Ninjask

Shedinja

Tyrogue

Himtonlee

Hitmonchan

Hitmontop

Pancham

Pangoro

Klink

Klang

Klinklang

Combee

Vespiquen

Bronzor

Bronzong

Ralts

Kirlia

Gardevoir

Gallade

Drifloon

Drifblim

Cherubi

Cherrim

Stunky

Skuntank

Tympole

Palpitoad

Seismitoad

Duskull

Dusclops

Dusknoir

Machop

Machoke

Machamp

Gastly

Haunter

Gengar

Magikarp

Gyarados

Goldeen

Seaking

Remoraid

Octillery

Shellder

Cloyster

Feebas

Milotic

Basculin

Wishiwashi

Pyukumuku

Trubbish

Garbodor

Diglett

Dugtrio

Drilbur

Excadrill

Roggenrola

Boldore

Gigalith

Timburr

Gurdurr

Conkeldurr

Woobat

Swoobat

Noibat

Noivern

Onix

Steelix

Persian

Cutiefly

Ribombee

Ferroseed

Ferrothorn

Pumpkaboo

Gourgeist

Pichu

Pikachu

Raichu

Eevee

Vaporeon

Jolteon

Flareon

Espeon

Umbreon

Leafeon

Glaceon

Sylveon

Espurr

Meowstic

Swirlix

Slurpuff

Spritzee

Aromatisse

Dewpider

Araquanid

Wynaut

Wobbuffet

Chinchou

Lanturn

Croagunk

Toxicroak

Scraggy

Scrafty

Shuckle

Barboach

Whiscash

Shellos

Gastrodon

Wimpod

Golisopod

Binacle

Barbaracle

Salandit

Salazzle

Pawniard

Bisharp

Throh

Sawk

Koffing

Bonsly

Sudowoodo

Cleffa

Clefairy

Clefable

Togepi

Togetic

Togekiss

Munchlax

Snorlax

Cottonee

Whimsicott

Rhyhorn

Rhydon

Rhyperior

Gothita

Gothorita

Gothitelle

Solosis

Duosion

Reuniclus

Karrablast

Escavalier

Shelmet

Accelgor

Elgyem

Beheeyem

Cubchoo

Beartic

Rufflet

Braviary

Vullaby

Mandibuzz

Skorupi

Drapion

Litwick

Lampent

Chandelure

Inkay

Malamar

Sneasel

Weavile

Sableye

Mawile

Maractus

Sigilyph

Riolu

Lucario

Torkoal

Mimikyu

Qwilfish

Frillish

Jellicent

Mareanie

Toxapex

Hippopotas

Hippowdon

Durant

Heatmor

Helioptile

Heliolisk

Hawlucha

Trapinch

Vibrava

Flygon

Axew

Fraxure

Haxorus

Honedge

Doublade

Aegislash

Phantump

Trevenant

Morelull

Shiinotic

Oranguru

Passimian

Drampa

Turtonator

Togedemaru

Mantyke

Mantine

Wailmer

Wailord

Bergmite

Avalugg

Lapras

Lunatone

Solrock

Rotom

Ditto

Charmander

Charmeleon

Charizard

Larvitar

Pupitar

Tyranitar

Deino

Zweilous

Hydreigon

Goomy

Sliggoo

Goodra

Jangmo-o

Hakamo-o

Kommo-o

There are a few more that I haven't written down because they might be spoilery for several reasons.

Why are spoilers even being mentioned here??? There's like 2 huge big spoiler threads going on right now. Like c'mon. Don't ruin things for Team Pure.

Some people want to know specific things and this keeps them safe from walking into the danger zone.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
The lazy dev rhetoric in r/Pokemon is out of control. Bums me out

Honestly, while I have lots of issues with the kind of technical skills Game Freak has displayed as years went by, which is obviously a consequence of them being late with 3D development and still being behind in the catch up game to this day (although I'm still legitimately surprised they went with the - partial - open world route for this game and I also appreciate the overall look of the game), I can't say that they're "lazy".

It's the exact opposite: not only, in spite of the massive outsourcing they already apply, they still face absurd technical issues for this day and age, but they also don't have enough time to develop new games. Especially in the past few years: 2015 was the only year where no Pokemon game from the main series (new gen / remake / expansion of new gen) was released. Since then:

2016 - Sun & Moon
2017 - Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
2018 - Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee
2019 - Sword / Shield

Even if there is team rotation between new gens and remakes / expansions, it just isn't enough, especially now that they've entered the HD era of development. Honestly, besides heavily working on improving the development team's technical skills (including fresh blood), I fear Game Freak should seriously start thinking that they cannot work on yearly games. They don't have the capacity to do so, even with the massive outsourcing. They're not alone: as time go by, we're witnessing big titles with longer time spans between one entry and the other, longer development times behind them. Pokemon can't be immune.

Could a new gen with 4-years-development at full force (no remake / expansion being developed in the meanwhile) actually show major improvements? It's possible: GF would have more time to work properly on it. However, the bigger external issue is the whole merchandising machine behind Pokemon. Anime / card game / movies / gadgets heavily reliant on a constant release schedule. A major reworking of how things operate would be necessary, and I completely understand how difficult it might be to get such conversations going ...Unless GF goes even beyond with their outsourcing efforts and let other developers fully develop remakes and expansions while they can devote themselves on brand new generations. They should definitely explore this option in the future. I don't know how long things can go the way they currently are, even if Sw/Sh is probably going to be a massive success like other Pokemon games.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Daily motiviation post!

11 days to go

jNzsL9L.gif

Team Pure

Team No Leaks
This animation is so good

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
The spoilers thread is dead at this point. No one even cares about leaks in there anymore. It's just people throwing shit at each other. I'll stay in this thread with you guys haha

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Gosh darn it, you scared me for a second. I thought this was someone just openly posting Evolution names lmao!

But yeah, I like those Nicknames, especially your Corviknight ones!

Hahaha, sorry! I would be worried about the Pokémon franchise if they ever followed my lead for awful nicknames. ^^;;

Pun names are the best. Pokémon names are often puns and word play anyway, so it feels pretty natural to me. The best name I've seen of Honedge was "Hexcalibur", it was so beautiful I had to name mine the same. I have also seen a video of someone playing a SuMo Nuzlocke and named their Popplio "Clown Prince" another fun name. I typically name based on whatever feels right at the moment, but I think one of my proudest would be naming my Noctowl "Clockwise" in Soul Silver.

Hexcalibur and Clockwise are really good. I wish I could remember some of my better ones off the top of my head, gonna have to dig through the bank at some point and see if there is anything work reporting

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Which revealed new Pokémon are you guys gonna shiny hunt first? I have my eyes on Ponyta!

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caterpie

Metapod

Butterfree

Grubbin

Charjabug

Vikavolt

Hoothoot

Noctowl

Pidove

Tranquill

Unfezant

Lotad

Lombre

Ludicolo

Seedot

Nuzleaf

Shiftry

Purrloin

Liepard

Bunnelby

Diggersby

Minccino

Cinccino

Bounsweet

Steenee

Tsareena

Oddish

Gloom

Vileplume

Bellossom

Budew

Roselia

Roserade

Wingull

Pelipper

Joltik

Galvantula

Electrike

Manectric

Vulpix

Ninetales

Growlithe

Arcanine

Vanillite

Vanillish

Vanilluxe

Swinub

Piloswine

Mamoswine

Delibird

Snorunt

Glalie

Froslass

Baltoy

Claydol

Mudbray

Mudsdale

Dwebble

Crustle

Golett

Golurk

Munna

Musharna

Natu

Xatu

Stufful

Bewear

Snover

Abomasnow

Krabby

Kingler

Wooper

Quagsire

Corphish

Crawdaunt

Nincada

Ninjask

Shedinja

Tyrogue

Himtonlee

Hitmonchan

Hitmontop

Pancham

Pangoro

Klink

Klang

Klinklang

Combee

Vespiquen

Bronzor

Bronzong

Ralts

Kirlia

Gardevoir

Gallade

Drifloon

Drifblim

Cherubi

Cherrim

Stunky

Skuntank

Tympole

Palpitoad

Seismitoad

Duskull

Dusclops

Dusknoir

Machop

Machoke

Machamp

Gastly

Haunter

Gengar

Magikarp

Gyarados

Goldeen

Seaking

Remoraid

Octillery

Shellder

Cloyster

Feebas

Milotic

Basculin

Wishiwashi

Pyukumuku

Trubbish

Garbodor

Diglett

Dugtrio

Drilbur

Excadrill

Roggenrola

Boldore

Gigalith

Timburr

Gurdurr

Conkeldurr

Woobat

Swoobat

Noibat

Noivern

Onix

Steelix

Persian

Cutiefly

Ribombee

Ferroseed

Ferrothorn

Pumpkaboo

Gourgeist

Pichu

Pikachu

Raichu

Eevee

Vaporeon

Jolteon

Flareon

Espeon

Umbreon

Leafeon

Glaceon

Sylveon

Espurr

Meowstic

Swirlix

Slurpuff

Spritzee

Aromatisse

Dewpider

Araquanid

Wynaut

Wobbuffet

Chinchou

Lanturn

Croagunk

Toxicroak

Scraggy

Scrafty

Shuckle

Barboach

Whiscash

Shellos

Gastrodon

Wimpod

Golisopod

Binacle

Barbaracle

Salandit

Salazzle

Pawniard

Bisharp

Throh

Sawk

Koffing

Bonsly

Sudowoodo

Cleffa

Clefairy

Clefable

Togepi

Togetic

Togekiss

Munchlax

Snorlax

Cottonee

Whimsicott

Rhyhorn

Rhydon

Rhyperior

Gothita

Gothorita

Gothitelle

Solosis

Duosion

Reuniclus

Karrablast

Escavalier

Shelmet

Accelgor

Elgyem

Beheeyem

Cubchoo

Beartic

Rufflet

Braviary

Vullaby

Mandibuzz

Skorupi

Drapion

Litwick

Lampent

Chandelure

Inkay

Malamar

Sneasel

Weavile

Sableye

Mawile

Maractus

Sigilyph

Riolu

Lucario

Torkoal

Mimikyu

Qwilfish

Frillish

Jellicent

Mareanie

Toxapex

Hippopotas

Hippowdon

Durant

Heatmor

Helioptile

Heliolisk

Hawlucha

Trapinch

Vibrava

Flygon

Axew

Fraxure

Haxorus

Honedge

Doublade

Aegislash

Phantump

Trevenant

Morelull

Shiinotic

Oranguru

Passimian

Drampa

Turtonator

Togedemaru

Mantyke

Mantine

Wailmer

Wailord

Bergmite

Avalugg

Lapras

Lunatone

Solrock

Rotom

Ditto

Charmander

Charmeleon

Charizard

Larvitar

Pupitar

Tyranitar

Deino

Zweilous

Hydreigon

Goomy

Sliggoo

Goodra

Jangmo-o

Hakamo-o

Kommo-o

There are a few more that I haven't written down because they might be spoilery for several reasons.

Some people want to know specific things and this keeps them safe from walking into the danger zone.
Slight returning pokemon spoiler:
no darmanitan, no buy.

/s obviously but goddammit, he hasnt been in a single region since his debut in Unova, i just want my big fire monster :///

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I think people are blowing the cuts out of proportion,especially if we have a sinnoh remake coming next year anyways that will likely feature a bulk of the cut mons

We're really not that far off lol.. Actually playing Sw/Sh, launch hype, figuring things out, etc, will keep lots of people occupied until whatever is announced next spring

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Which revealed new Pokémon are you guys gonna shiny hunt first? I have my eyes on Ponyta!
Whichever is the easiest to chain, if there is such a thing in this game lol
I have shiny Rapidash from Let's Go just waiting for Home to launch to make a quick trip to Galar (if its Kantonian form is in this game, that is).

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
The spoilers thread is dead at this point. No one even cares about leaks in there anymore. It's just people throwing shit at each other. I'll stay in this thread with you guys haha
Yes honestly I only cared about knowing the Pokédex and new Pokémon, from now on there will be only story spoilers which I want to avoid.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will be WAY worse than the Death Stranding one, for sure. The metascore won't matter

there is no win with review threads, really, the best thing to do is to imediately put it on ignore and move on. It is always filled with irrationaly mad people that wanted to hate on the game for months looking for reasons to say "I told you" and people defending the game they didn't even play yet from every mildly bad review or slightly negative post. Ridiculous in every way, every time

just look now and get the disappointment out of your system weeks before playing the game. Just don't look at the new pokemon and forms, focus only on the cuts
Will the Pokemon review thread bring up Anne Frank though

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I hope people will grow used to the cycling Dex after a few years. I get that this is the first time and it hurts, but it will become the new normal soon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Will the Pokemon review thread bring up Anne Frank though
What the flying fuck happened in the Death Stranding review thread that needed to involve Anne Frank.

I wonder if you guys would be open to a fun little game to keep you on your toes. There is art going around that is nondescript enough that it spoils nothing, and you guys can guess what the hell its supposed to be.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Caterpie

Metapod

Butterfree

Grubbin

Charjabug

Vikavolt

Hoothoot

Noctowl

Pidove

Tranquill

Unfezant

Lotad

Lombre

Ludicolo

Seedot

Nuzleaf

Shiftry

Purrloin

Liepard

Bunnelby

Diggersby

Minccino

Cinccino

Bounsweet

Steenee

Tsareena

Oddish

Gloom

Vileplume

Bellossom

Budew

Roselia

Roserade

Wingull

Pelipper

Joltik

Galvantula

Electrike

Manectric

Vulpix

Ninetales

Growlithe

Arcanine

Vanillite

Vanillish

Vanilluxe

Swinub

Piloswine

Mamoswine

Delibird

Snorunt

Glalie

Froslass

Baltoy

Claydol

Mudbray

Mudsdale

Dwebble

Crustle

Golett

Golurk

Munna

Musharna

Natu

Xatu

Stufful

Bewear

Snover

Abomasnow

Krabby

Kingler

Wooper

Quagsire

Corphish

Crawdaunt

Nincada

Ninjask

Shedinja

Tyrogue

Himtonlee

Hitmonchan

Hitmontop

Pancham

Pangoro

Klink

Klang

Klinklang

Combee

Vespiquen

Bronzor

Bronzong

Ralts

Kirlia

Gardevoir

Gallade

Drifloon

Drifblim

Cherubi

Cherrim

Stunky

Skuntank

Tympole

Palpitoad

Seismitoad

Duskull

Dusclops

Dusknoir

Machop

Machoke

Machamp

Gastly

Haunter

Gengar

Magikarp

Gyarados

Goldeen

Seaking

Remoraid

Octillery

Shellder

Cloyster

Feebas

Milotic

Basculin

Wishiwashi

Pyukumuku

Trubbish

Garbodor

Diglett

Dugtrio

Drilbur

Excadrill

Roggenrola

Boldore

Gigalith

Timburr

Gurdurr

Conkeldurr

Woobat

Swoobat

Noibat

Noivern

Onix

Steelix

Persian

Cutiefly

Ribombee

Ferroseed

Ferrothorn

Pumpkaboo

Gourgeist

Pichu

Pikachu

Raichu

Eevee

Vaporeon

Jolteon

Flareon

Espeon

Umbreon

Leafeon

Glaceon

Sylveon

Espurr

Meowstic

Swirlix

Slurpuff

Spritzee

Aromatisse

Dewpider

Araquanid

Wynaut

Wobbuffet

Chinchou

Lanturn

Croagunk

Toxicroak

Scraggy

Scrafty

Shuckle

Barboach

Whiscash

Shellos

Gastrodon

Wimpod

Golisopod

Binacle

Barbaracle

Salandit

Salazzle

Pawniard

Bisharp

Throh

Sawk

Koffing

Bonsly

Sudowoodo

Cleffa

Clefairy

Clefable

Togepi

Togetic

Togekiss

Munchlax

Snorlax

Cottonee

Whimsicott

Rhyhorn

Rhydon

Rhyperior

Gothita

Gothorita

Gothitelle

Solosis

Duosion

Reuniclus

Karrablast

Escavalier

Shelmet

Accelgor

Elgyem

Beheeyem

Cubchoo

Beartic

Rufflet

Braviary

Vullaby

Mandibuzz

Skorupi

Drapion

Litwick

Lampent

Chandelure

Inkay

Malamar

Sneasel

Weavile

Sableye

Mawile

Maractus

Sigilyph

Riolu

Lucario

Torkoal

Mimikyu

Qwilfish

Frillish

Jellicent

Mareanie

Toxapex

Hippopotas

Hippowdon

Durant

Heatmor

Helioptile

Heliolisk

Hawlucha

Trapinch

Vibrava

Flygon

Axew

Fraxure

Haxorus

Honedge

Doublade

Aegislash

Phantump

Trevenant

Morelull

Shiinotic

Oranguru

Passimian

Drampa

Turtonator

Togedemaru

Mantyke

Mantine

Wailmer

Wailord

Bergmite

Avalugg

Lapras

Lunatone

Solrock

Rotom

Ditto

Charmander

Charmeleon

Charizard

Larvitar

Pupitar

Tyranitar

Deino

Zweilous

Hydreigon

Goomy

Sliggoo

Goodra

Jangmo-o

Hakamo-o

Kommo-o

Thank you!!!!!!

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, while I have lots of issues with the kind of technical skills Game Freak has displayed as years went by, which is obviously a consequence of them being late with 3D development and still being behind in the catch up game to this day (although I'm still legitimately surprised they went with the - partial - open world route for this game and I also appreciate the overall look of the game), I can't say that they're "lazy".

It's the exact opposite: not only, in spite of the massive outsourcing they already apply, they still face absurd technical issues for this day and age, but they also don't have enough time to develop new games. Especially in the past few years: 2015 was the only year where no Pokemon game from the main series (new gen / remake / expansion of new gen) was released. Since then:

2016 - Sun & Moon
2017 - Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
2018 - Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee
2019 - Sword / Shield

Even if there is team rotation between new gens and remakes / expansions, it just isn't enough, especially now that they've entered the HD era of development. Honestly, besides heavily working on improving the development team's technical skills (including fresh blood), I fear Game Freak should seriously start thinking that they cannot work on yearly games. They don't have the capacity to do so, even with the massive outsourcing. They're not alone: as time go by, we're witnessing big titles with longer time spans between one entry and the other, longer development times behind them. Pokemon can't be immune.

Could a new gen with 4-years-development at full force (no remake / expansion being developed in the meanwhile) actually show major improvements? It's possible: GF would have more time to work properly on it. However, the bigger external issue is the whole merchandising machine behind Pokemon. Anime / card game / movies / gadgets heavily reliant on a constant release schedule. A major reworking of how things operate would be necessary, and I completely understand how difficult it might be to get such conversations going ...Unless GF goes even beyond with their outsourcing efforts and let other developers fully develop remakes and expansions while they can devote themselves on brand new generations. They should definitely explore this option in the future. I don't know how long things can go the way they currently are, even if Sw/Sh is probably going to be a massive success like other Pokemon games.
I've been saying for a while now that it's absurd Game Freak spent longer devoping the initial games of the two DS generations than they have on any of the generations since, even as they're moving to HD. I don't think it's a coincidence that the shift back down to 3 years is the same time a lot of long time fans' opinions of the series started slipping.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See, I didn't add that one to the list because it was a nice surprise.
Im gonna cry tears of joy, I woulda been more uptight about not asking if I had any faith he'd ever get in again.

What the flying fuck happened in the Death Stranding review thread that needed to involve Anne Frank.

I wonder if you guys would be open to a fun little game to keep you on your toes. There is art going around that is nondescript enough that it spoils nothing, and you guys can guess what the hell its supposed to be.
Somebody started talking about how art doesnt neccesarily need to be "entertaining/enjoyable" to get across a point(which i can agree with), but then brought up the Diary of Anne Frank and Schindlers List as comparisons lol

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect SwSh to be particularly well received, scoring 88-90 on MC. So it should be less of a shitstorm as the Death Stranding one.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to resist checking the leaks, but I know that by riding out this storm I'm doing myself a huge fucking favor come release day. Haven't gone in this blind since DPPt.

Oct 28, 2019
I expect SwSh to be particularly well received, scoring 88-90 on MC. So it should be less of a shitstorm as the Death Stranding one.

The higher it gets, the worse the thread will be, lol.

In general, reviewers and the most outspoken fans of the Pokémon series couldn't be further apart. Like Dexit and the post-game does not bear a lot of weight on a lot of reviewer's scores, while it is much more important to those fans.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Im gonna cry tears of joy, I woulda been more uptight about not asking if I had any faith he'd ever get in again.

Somebody started talking about how art doesnt neccesarily need to be "entertaining/enjoyable" to get across a point(which i can agree with), but then brought up the Diary of Anne Frank and Schindlers List as comparisons lol
How the...what the...Its a leap of logic to go from unenjoyable amusing video games that do their own thing having merit and should exist to fucking historical cinematography and eye witness testimonies. Like you don't just go around trying to prove a point like that unless you have a bone to pick.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
If it has a low score, it'll be a mess and people will trash GF. If it has a high score, it'l be a mess and people will trash the reviewers. You can't win.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the...what the...Its a leap of logic to go from unenjoyable amusing video games that do their own thing having merit and should exist to fucking historical cinematography and eye witness testimonies. Like you don't just go around trying to prove a point like that unless you have a bone to pick.
Thankfully a healthy chunk of people dogpiled that but HOOOOBOY

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Wait just for clarification thought there are
63 unique new Pokemon (counting cross-gen evos)
?