MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
He is largely responsible for the BS going around by the negative people.

It's not personal dislike. He hit the big time by making a negative video and milked it repeatedly with inaccurate information and lack of understanding in both game development and logic.

Not gonna act like I've seen every one of his vids (Only recently saw his SS vids and had to edit a post of mine to acknowledge him cause he almost word for word made the same observation and example as I did) but just leaning in on the "negative" emotions out there isn't bad. Calling out the bad things we've seen in this game isn't toxic or BS ... like, we can all SEE it. Character models legit vanishing once they're 30ft away from you, the battle animations and so on.

You don't need to be an expert to look at something and think "I don't like it, seen it done better else where" and hold this stupidly big series to a higher standard.
The only "Poketuber" I really enjoy (gnoggin) also made a vid calling out the flaws we've seen. He didn't make it the fuel that drives his subs but it's perfectly fine to criticize GF.

Nov 23, 2017
Not gonna act like I've seen every one of his vids (Only recently saw his SS vids and had to edit a post of mine to acknowledge him cause he almost word for word made the same observation and example as I did) but just leaning in on the "negative" emotions out there isn't bad. Calling out the bad things we've seen in this game isn't toxic or BS ... like, we can all SEE it. Character models legit vanishing once they're 30ft away from you, the battle animations and so on.

You don't need to be an expert to look at something and think "I don't like it, seen it done better else where" and hold this stupidly big series to a higher standard.
The only "Poketuber" I really enjoy (gnoggin) also made a vid calling out the flaws we've seen. He didn't make it the fuel that drives his subs but it's perfectly fine to criticize GF.
Leaning in, or unfairly stoking Gamer (TM) Outrage (TM) that leads to harassment of GF and lazy dev rhetoric that is frankly BS?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've only seen a couple of his videos, but John Austin Plays seems to be more oriented for pokemon news

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017

He doesn't just "lean on negative emotions", dude literally monetizes on false afirmations and outrage culture, directing abuse not only towards Game Freak, but towards other members of the community as well. He literally made a name for himself by getting in YouTube feuds.
He's trash.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We all know well enough from Pewdiepie threads that people will do anything to defend youtube personalities that they find entertaining

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
I think Shofu and Jwitz are the best poketubers. Most other poketubers never critize Game freak since that would hurt their revenue

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Out of curiosity, how would people feel if Gamefreak restructured how they did their generations? For gens 3 and 4, they did a 3rd version and remake as well as 4 year gaps between gens. For gens 5-7, they alternated between mainline titles and only had third versions or remakes as well as 3 year generation cycles. They could do something like this for the Switch's lifetime:

2021- Pokemon D/P sequel- a new adventure in the Sinnoh region taking place after D/P and Sw/Sh. Characters and storylines from those two games are present in this title. 20-30 new Sinnoh forms introduced. Sinnoh has been redesigned in Sw/Sh's game engine.

2022- Pokemon Gen 9- Best way to describe it is B2/W2 meets G/S/C. The region is based on Ireland and is notable smaller to the Galar region. The main campaign has you venturing through both regions. Assuming Gen 8 is a large generation of new pokemon, Gen 9 is a much smaller generation of new pokemon. A number of cross Gen evos with gen 8 as well. The game engine is an updated Gen 8 engine. There is no other game released in this generation. It is designed to be a cross between a third gen 8 version, sequel to Gen 8 and new generation.

2023- Pokemon Let's Go 2 Johto- Switch and Switch 2 dual release.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Ever since the previews I've been feeling pretty optimistic about the amount of new Pokemon, although I'm sure that's probably just a recipe for disappointment. Thinking about it though we've seen 4 Gym Leaders and know about two others yet have only seen the aces of 2 of them. Yeah sure, Bea's ace could just be Sirfetch'd and Alister's could be Polteageist but I feel like they would have shown that in their reveal trailers. Then we have Kabu who we're assuming is Fire and well we've only seen one Fire type so far and it's Scorbunny. Add onto that the fact we don't know Bede's ace, nor have we seen a single Bug, Ice or Ground type (Poison and Psychic too if you don't count regional forms) and it really feels like there is a load left to discover.

Feb 20, 2019
Ever since the previews I've been feeling pretty optimistic about the amount of new Pokemon, although I'm sure that's probably just a recipe for disappointment. Thinking about it though we've seen 4 Gym Leaders and know about two others yet have only seen the aces of 2 of them. Yeah sure, Bea's ace could just be Sirfetch'd and Alister's could be Polteageist but I feel like they would have shown that in their reveal trailers. Then we have Kabu who we're assuming is Fire and well we've only seen one Fire type so far and it's Scorbunny. Add onto that the fact we don't know Bede's ace, nor have we seen a single Bug, Ice or Ground type (Poison and Psychic too if you don't count regional forms) and it really feels like there is a load left to discover.
This post is making me positive. Just please don't pull a gen 7 situation on us with a quarter of the dex being legendaries GF ( Yes, I consider ultra beasts unique enough to be legendaries )

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Ok, I just saw the drawings.

I don't wanna look at them again, 'cause there were some I really liked, but if they turn out to be fake, it'll be very disappointing. So I'll pretend I didn't see anything lol

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain

These leakers are getting on my nerves because holy fuck at the Galarian Forms they described. Ice/Bug Volcarona, Ground/Electric Dophan, good lord

I'm reading through this now. I've compiled everything they've said so far in a list if anyone is curious. Even if it's fake, it's fun to read this guy's ideas.

• Scorbunny's first evolution is pure Fire
  • Sobble's first evolution is Water/Ghost, second evolution too
  • Galarian Zubat is Grass/Flying, Golbat too
  • Galarian Lickitung is Fairy
  • Galarian Ledyba and Ledian are Bug/Fighting, they have another evolution
  • Galarian Girafarig is Dark/Normal
  • Galarian Surskit is Bug/Fairy, it evolves to something new
  • Galarian Phanpy and Donphan are Ground/Electric
  • Galarian Slakoth and Vigoroth are pure Dark, they evolve into something new
  • Galarian Carvanha is Water/Steel
  • Galarian Venipede, Whirlipede and Scolipede are Bug/Ground
  • Galarian Larvesta is Ice/Bug
  • Fossils are a Rock/Water plesiosaurus, a Rock/Grass therizinosaurus, there's a third one
  • Impidimp has an evolution that looks like a gargoyle
  • There's a scarecrow Pokémon
  • There's a black dog Pokémon that could be exclusive to Shield
  • There's a pure-Flying griffin Pokémon that could be exclusive to Sword
  • Three-stage Dragon/Fairy line that starts big and goofy, then shrinks and becomes more elgant and then becomes fairy-like
  • New Dark/Poison xenomorph-looking Pokémon
  • New Ice/Water narwhal Pokémon
  • New Fire/Poison mushroom Pokémon
  • New Ghost/Normal book Pokémon, eats people's memories
  • New Fighting/Steel robot Pokémon with hands that look like boxing gloves
  • New Ground/Bug antlion Pokémon that looks useless but evolves into a huge sandworm
  • Rolycoly's last evolution looks like a wagon, Gigantamax looks like a train
  • New pure Fairy pig Pokémon with wings, Gigantamax becomes a boar with giant wings
  • New pure Ice yeti Pokémon, Gigantamax makes it bigger
  • Galarian Arbok is Psychic/Fairy
  • New pure Psychic peacock Pokémon
  • There are more Pokémon here before the end of the game than in the entire Sun/Moon storyline
  • There's about 3 times more Galarian forms than Alolan forms
  • There are two new Eeveelutions, Dragon and Steel
  • Eevee gets a counterpart that looks like a black fox with three different evos, Fire, Electric and Water
  • Dragonite has a Gigantamax form that makes it bigger and fatter
  • There's a spot in the Dex after Dunsparce, it may get a regional evolution
  • More Pokémon than Gen 5 if you count Galarian forms
  • Wooloo has gender-based evolutions
  • New Fighting/Dark humanoid Pokémon with a mustache
  • Galarian Rapidash is a pegasus, Psychic/Flying
  • The fish Cramorant spits is a pure Water Pokémon that evolves into a barracuda
  • New weather-based Pokémon like Castform, changes the weather when it goes into battle
  • Sobble's final evolution is similar to Sceptile
  • Sunflora gets a regional evolution

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading through this now. I've compiled everything they've said so far in a list if anyone is curious. Even if it's fake, it's fun to read this guy's ideas.

• Fossils are a Rock/Water plesiosaurus, a Rock/Grass therizinosaurus, there's a third one
  • Three-stage Dragon/Fairy line that starts big and goofy, then shrinks and becomes more elgant and then becomes fairy-like
  • New Ground/Bug antlion Pokémon that looks useless but evolves into a huge sandworm
  • New pure Fairy pig Pokémon with wings, Gigantamax becomes a boar with giant wings
  • There are more Pokémon here before the end of the game than in the entire Sun/Moon storyline
  • Eevee gets a counterpart that looks like a black fox with three different evos, Fire, Electric and Water
  • The fish Cramorant spits is a pure Water Pokémon that evolves into a barracuda
  • New weather-based Pokémon like Castform, changes the weather when it goes into battle
Some of these sound interesting if true.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Leaning in, or unfairly stoking Gamer (TM) Outrage (TM) that leads to harassment of GF and lazy dev rhetoric that is frankly BS?

He doesn't just "lean on negative emotions", dude literally monetizes on false afirmations and outrage culture, directing abuse not only towards Game Freak, but towards other members of the community as well. He literally made a name for himself by getting in YouTube feuds.
He's trash.
First off I will NEVER care about someone bad mouthing a company.
GF is just a company, an unfeeling thing made with the mission to make money that doesn't care about anyone ... it aint a person.
So if someone's asking people to harass actual PEOPLE who work there by doing something like spamming James Turner's twitter or some stupid shit then that's def toxic as these are actual people. But I couldn't care less about people shit talking GameFreak as a company when they look at the product and are not impressed.

Only feuds I've seen them engage in are with that Trash Boi Verifiy or w/e so I figure it's just poketuber drama not nearly on the level as Wolf Pack boy who IIRC .... expressed Pro-Nazi views on Twitter. So no, don't think he should be a banned name on this site ... but Wolf Boi can go fuck himself.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

It is fine to criticise. 100% it's fine.

However he has spread a lot of misinformation that people use in attacking and harassing Game Freak.

There's a difference between criticism and making the same video with the same erroneous points 10 times and spreading misinformation.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ya know, if this was before the preveiws i would have said, no way are we getting that many Galarian forms but now...

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Here are the drawings for easy access:

65CIoKF.jpg

Aside from the obvious Vanillish/Vanilluxe oddity, the idea of exclusive pseudos is a bold claim.
What are these, and how seriously are we taking them?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

New Eeveelutions is all I want, so it'd be dope if that was true. The second eevee-like pokemon would be dope too, I never considered that but it'd be pretty cool, especially after they run out of types for Eeveelutions.

MangoUltz

"This guy are sick"
Mar 24, 2019

I don't believe leaks at all but a lot of this sounds great. Loads of fun stuff in there. Gender based Wooloo evos make a lot of sense actually

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017

These feel like the classic way too good to be true 'leaks' we get at some point every cycle. More Pokemon than Black/White feels like a pipe dream.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
These feel like the classic way too good to be true 'leaks' we get at some point every cycle. More Pokemon than Black/White feels like a pipe dream.

The previews claiming there's a "generous amount" of new Pokémon gives me hope that this might be true. I won't believe it until I see a couple of these officially announced, but still.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
The previews claiming there's a "generous amount" of new Pokémon gives me hope that this might be true. I won't believe it until I see a couple of these officially announced, but still.
Yeah, I'm pretty optimistic about the amount of new Pokemon too but even at my most optimistic I'm still thinking somewhere around 110 as opposed to 156+.

That being said I wonder if the new approach with the National Dex will change the stance on new generations. It was pretty obvious in X/Y, and especially Sun/Moon that they were trying to keep the 'Dex down (Wishiwashi, Lycanroc, and all the single stage Pokemon I'm looking at you) but if they're not under pressure to cram 1000+ Pokemon into the game they might get a wilder the Pokedex counts again.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Yeah, I'm pretty optimistic about the amount of new Pokemon too but even at my most optimistic I'm still thinking somewhere around 110 as opposed to 156+.

That being said I wonder if the new approach with the National Dex will change the stance on new generations. It was pretty obvious in X/Y, and especially Sun/Moon that they were trying to keep the 'Dex down (Wishiwashi, Lycanroc, and all the single stage Pokemon I'm looking at you) but if they're not under pressure to cram 1000+ Pokemon into the game they might get a wilder the Pokedex counts again.

This is what I'm thinking, too. They have more time to create new Pokémon if they don't have to worry about adding, balancing and adjusting all the old ones for the new game. And, let's be honest, if Dex cuts means more new Pokémon, I'm fine with it.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Look at all that 'too good to be true' BS

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
That's the thing. Are we supposed to buy that they are hiding 100 or close to 100 all under wraps?
They are definitely keeping a fair few if the GameInformer preview is to be believed. They intimate that there is at least two unseen ones in the Slumbering Weald, and then also say they encounter 7 different Pokemon between the Route 1 and Route 2 and were only allowed to talk about Yamper. While we know they also weren't allowed to talk about unannounced returning Pokemon as well the fact that they, along with others, mentioned the high amount of new Pokemon at the beginning of the games. Of course, the games could be incredibly top heavy with new Pokemon and everything past the first 90 minutes could be nothing but oldies but it's encouraging nonetheless.