Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Or just pulled things out of their bottom :p

It's pretty safe to assume all written "leaks" are exactly this until proven otherwise, yes. Right now the only legit one we have is the Affleck leak.

The drawings look promising, though, and it will only take us until the next official announcement to know if they're real or not.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
So are the supposed card design leaks confirmed fake or is that something else that got confirmed fake?

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I wish the Affleck leak hadn't gone completely unnoticed until after big stuff from it was confirmed.

Would love to have posts discussing it on ERA to look back on and laugh.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, all I want to know is how many new Pokemon there are. Not names or designs. Just the amount of new Pokemon and Galarian forms. The rest can stay a mystery until I play the game. I don't even care to see the final starter evos. I have this irrational fear that we're only getting 40 new Pokemon not count Galarian forms and gigantimax forms.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
So are the supposed card design leaks confirmed fake or is that something else that got confirmed fake?

We have no way to know if the card designs are fake or not until we get another official announcement. People are claiming the other leak, the one with Zacian and Zamazenta's abilities is fake because they got Ponyta's typing wrong. Which isn't entirely true, but as a rule of thumb you should assume all written leaks are fake.

I have this irrational fear that we're only getting 40 new Pokemon not count Galarian forms and gigantimax forms.

You don't have to worry about this. A few of the reviews that were published a few days ago claimed there were many new unrevealed Pokémon just in the 90 minutes they could play, and that it looks like there's a generous amount of new ones this gen.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are the drawings for easy access:

65CIoKF.jpg

Aside from the obvious Vanillish/Vanilluxe oddity, the idea of exclusive pseudos is a bold claim.

Gotta say, even though it's super likely fake, I like a lot most of those designs.

Especially the clock.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, all I want to know is how many new Pokemon there are. Not names or designs. Just the amount of new Pokemon and Galarian forms. The rest can stay a mystery until I play the game. I don't even care to see the final starter evos. I have this irrational fear that we're only getting 40 new Pokemon not count Galarian forms and gigantimax forms.
I don't think that's even possible counting up all the assumed pre-/evolutions.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no more reason to believe the drawings than there is for any random text rumour. Someone put more effort in, sure, but it's not even close to the most effort put in for a fake leak.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
There's no more reason to believe the drawings than there is for any random text rumour. Someone put more effort in, sure, but it's not even close to the most effort put in for a fake leak.
I always love seeing people say "they are done" everytime there is this big new fake leak with tons of effort, and then fall for the same stuff. Everyone heart broken by omni and rayman, but then believe a blurry mural picture.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm tempted to give it a tiny bit of credit because the designs are really good and dont scream fakemon at first glance.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like a large part of the sentiment of "the fakes were better" is because we didn't get them. makes discussion of what we do get turn sour

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I personally like Scorbunny is much much much better than the fake rabbit and has a lot more personality to its design

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What has he done?

EDIT- Ahh, it's just personal dislike it seems.

Dude is no where near this guy in toxicity, shouldn't be in the same ball-park of thought at all.
He is largely responsible for the BS going around by the negative people.

It's not personal dislike. He hit the big time by making a negative video and milked it repeatedly with inaccurate information and lack of understanding in both game development and logic.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
starters being so rare in all the games make me think they all come from some breeder. talk about unethical

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
yeah distantkingdom is pretty bad and I'm not sure I'd consider his videos constructive criticism at all. A lot of his videos complain about things that are pretty normal as far as game development goes and his entire channel is basically built to be a pillar for the insane level of poke-reddit nitpicking and complaining that's been seen ever since the nat--dex controversy lol

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
If the clock Pokémon is real then get ready for the Gen 1 police to make their comeback with stupid memes how objects can't be Pokémon.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

These leakers are getting on my nerves because holy fuck at the Galarian Forms they described. Ice/Bug Volcarona, Ground/Electric Dophan, good lord
Reposting this cause it got lost in the mix. They're still posting and making some wild ass claims. 100+ new Pokemon and ~60 Galarian Formes.
are we close to 1000 Pokémon a legendary should be 1000
I would agree, if it were a Counterpart to Arceus. However even if it hasn't been positioned as such, I feel that Necrozma is exactly that. Lucifer was an Angel and has been associated with light, so its fitting to see this total being of light as the devil of the Pokemon World.
Normal Vanilluxe is in the game whether this leak is real or not, so don't worry.
Which is exactly why I think its fake, but we'll see.
starters being so rare in all the games make me think they all come from some breeder. talk about unethical
They really should address this sometime.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Going back to Poketubers for a moment. The only two i really watch are Gameboyluke and Patterz with a little bit of Pokeaim for competitive stuff. (Tho if Luke and Patterz do one more versus challenge i swear)