MSI Z170A-G43 plus motherboard
Evga 750W SuperNova G2 PSU
Fractal Design Define S case
4x140mm Fractal GP-14 fans
Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 250GB ssd
Samsung 850 Evo SATA3 1TB ssd
WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm HDD

not pictured:

I have my PC wired up through ethernet. my router is downstair so i'm using a 20m cable which connects to a network switch under my PC desk. that connects my PC, PS4, Steam Link. My TV/PS4/Steam link are beside my desk. I have a PS4 Slim w/1TB. If I want to lie in bed and play my PC games I can use my Steam Link or if I want to play PS4 games at my desk I can stream them to my PC with remote play. Everything is wired so it's a fairly decent experience. My TV is only a 1080p Panasonic (not sure the exact model) which does me just fine. Probably won't upgrade to 4K until PS5.

Last edited:

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
I live in a tiny Manhattan (NYC) apartment so I had to convert my living room into a multipurpose space. The living room not only serves as the entertainment and chill space, but it also serves as my work / photo editing / PC gaming / PS4 pro gaming station. Selecting the right table, chair, tv etc. to make it all work was a pain in the ass but it worked out well IMO.

Believe it or not I had a VIVE setup in the same room as well but sold it for new camera gear.

• Sony X900E
  • PS4 pro
  • PS3 slim
  • Philips hue led strip
  • 4x Philips hue bulbs
  • Philips hue hub

PC Specs
  • i7 5820k
  • Corsair h100i gtx
  • Evga 1080ti ftw3
  • Corsair 16gb ram
  • 1TB Samsung evo 850 ssd
  • 500gb Samsung evo 850 ssd
  • Evga 850w g2 psu
  • 4x Corsair ml140 case fans
  • 2x Corsair ml120 rad fans
  • Corsair led + commander pro
  • Fractal desing r5 case

Edit: forgive my shit external cable management.

OlcYlIB.jpg

pBoHbyR.jpg

Hx8uphg.jpg

Last edited:

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I feel so dumb. I spend $60 on powered HDMI splitters, 2-1 unpowered switchers, optical audio extractors, and an optical audio hub to connect both of my PS4s to my TV and monitor when I could've just spent $80 on a matrix box. No idea they existed.
What's different about a matrix box vs a powered hdmi splitter/hub?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's different about a matrix box vs a powered hdmi splitter/hub?
A matrix box is a hub with two HDMI outputs and a separate audio output. I could assign input 1 to output 1 and input 2 to output 2 and extract audio from input 2.

Like this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077TJG5Q2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KaHWAbB1XAY03

I accomplished what could be done with one box with five instead in my ignorance. Two powered splitters, one unpowered switcher, one audio extractor, and one optical hub.

Tadie

Nov 6, 2017
My humble gaming place.

Yamaha RX-V383
Lg 55B7 OLED
Nubert 4.1 Sound
Switch
Ps4 Pro
Xbox One X
Apple 4K

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017
All of these nice homes make me so jealous. I'm poor by comparison. And don't have room for all of these nice decorations in my bedroom. Especially now that I had to move a bunch of stuff out to make play-space for VR.

But I relocated my Oculus sensors today. And took some pictures to share on Discord. ResetERA is a bit more public than Discord rooms.
But since I already took them and shared them, I thought I'd show some pictures of the hot mess I seem to call my sleeping space.

It is very messy and very humble. I don't have money.

The curtain is closed because I don't like the sun in my eyes when I'm trying to play games.

I have tried to keep the walls minimalist of pictures. And I removed many when trying to make my play area for VR, I didn't want to bump into the wall and knock pictures frames down. I'm thinking of putting some back up, though.

In the left corner is my slippers which are Eevee. And the TV is a 40 inch 1080p Samsung playing boring old discord.

I have wraps around my Oculus cord to stop it from tangling quite as much.
Basically the same picture at a slightly different angle. That terrible TV stand is what I'm using until I can get a small desk that will fit in the room. On the second shelf is my Oculus Rift, and an 8bitdo I've been using a lot of lately. And on the bottom in an extra wrap and my Alienware Alpha I haven't been using. Also an UE Boom speaker that I should probably be using instead of my TV.

Computer is a mess of wires that I'm still working on, but I don't know what to do. A desk should help. Also I'll be able to use a proper keyboard and mouse instead of the wireless keyboard/trackpad I have on the bed.

Framed on the wall by the TV is a GameStop limited edition Mega Diance poster I got by pre-ordering Pokemon.
Diance is my favourite Pokemon, so I just had to.
I have a bunch of plushies all over my dresser drawer. Mostly Pokemon. A couple of them are amiibos and there is a My Little Pony figuring. Also between Espeon and Sylveon is Applejack from My Little Pony. And Sylveon and Glaceon is a Princess Daisy plushie and amiibo.

Above the bed is a painting of Chinese mountains by a Chinese American woman. My brother flips houses and found it in one he bought and gave it to me, because he knows I like this type of thing.

Diancie and Chibiusa on the bed. Because Diancie is my favourite Pokemon.

I'm not a big fan of the wolf comforter, but it's clean and matches the room. My favourite comforter would have to be my Kingdom Hearts one I got at Hot Topic. But that one isn't on the bed now.

I have just now put a hook up behind the bed and by the painting up above and to the right. This should hopefully lead to even better VR tracking.
That's my chair I play games on. It's not great but it works. You can see Manaphy and Popplio over in the corner by my ultrabook and New 2DS XL.

On the ultrabook is an emulator playing Final Fantasy IV SNES. Which is nice to look at or play when I'm waiting for a duty or something in Final Fantasy XIV.
Here's a better view of my Oculus Rift on the TV stand, and to the Left is my Nintendo Switch in dock.

For some reason the flash didn't go on this picture, so it's darker.
And this is my terrible mess of cords I need to fix. The computer is an HP Pavillion Power I got at Wal Mart on Black Friday for $500. I put some stickers on it because the all black bored me. I got free Soylent stickers with my order. So I put that and Pikachu on it.

And I Sugru'd some things to the desktop so they don't fall off.
A little bit closer look at my plushies covering my dresser. I'm nuts about cute Pokemon, particularly fairy Pokemon and Eeveelutions. I have two Sylveon because Sylveon is my second favourite Pokemon. And Lilligant on each side. The one on the left is by the TV to symbolize me gaming and being active, the the right is sleeping because it is by the bed. And between my Oculus Touch controllers is a sleeping Pikachu keeping them company. And a few microfiber clothes just in case my Rift lenses get dirty.

I really want a Mega Diancie plushie to go with my regular ones. But all the ones I see are too expensive.
So it isn't a great solution, but I have my front Oculus camera up high by sitting it on top of my curtain.

It works?
This looks like it would be in the way of the door, but it isn't. It is an Oculus Camera clipped to a nail on top of my closet. It would be further back, but my USB extension doesn't go that far back. Once I get a better and longer one, I'll put it in the far corner of my bedroom.

Door has blemishes, but doors are expensive to replace over something small like that. I should paint it or something I guess.

This area is really plain, but it's my VR play area I walk around in. I moved all the furniture and decorations that were in this corner of the room out.

Taken with my Galaxy S6.

I would like a room much more pink and girly. But it works, and I do a lot of stuff.

I have a lot more things and just not room for them without making a bigger mess. Several other framed gaming things and paintings. More Pokemon stuff and other gaming merch. And many other gaming consoles, and a nice JVC CRT. But I don't have any other place to put my other monitors and TVs. And my Wii U and such would just add more console clutter and I don't really have the HDMI inputs for my TV. I'm considering setting up a Kinivo and plugging in other gaming PCs, my Wii U and PS3, ect. But that would just be more clutter and more wires.

So they are elsewhere. At this point, I mainly want my Wii U set up for Mario Maker. Most things I want to play are on Switch.

My nice big JVC CRT flatscreen is too big and too bulky and too heavy to put it back in here anywhere. But that's what I use for all my SD consoles.

My plan is to find a really small, really useful and nice looking desk to put the TV on, and maybe upgrade to getting a 4K TV this Black Friday to play games on, that would fit on a new desk. And hiding the desktop and wires with it. I really want to play Final Fantasy XIV in 4K.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So basically, multiple outputs vs 1, right? Anything else?
You can set multiple inputs to any combination of multiple outputs at the same time. Want In1 going to Out1 and Out2 at the same time? It can do that. Want In1 going to Out1 and In2 going to Out2 at the same time? It can do that. More expensive ones can have a lot more inputs and outputs. You can also break out the audio on some models if you need to.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
For those of you with entertainment console furniture, did you install one of those exhaust fans in the back to ventilate all of that hot air? I'm in the process of doing so because of how hot it is during the summer.

71yTj5F6VWL._SX463_.jpg

I'll be putting two of these in the back.
305-402_ALT_0.jpg

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
You can set multiple inputs to any combination of multiple outputs at the same time. Want In1 going to Out1 and Out2 at the same time? It can do that. Want In1 going to Out1 and In2 going to Out2 at the same time? It can do that. More expensive ones can have a lot more inputs and outputs. You can also break out the audio on some models if you need to.
That is pretty cool actually. Though I can't think of a situation that my set-up requires one. Thanks for the info.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
your place looks very welcoming
Any place with a Mickey and Pluto on the couch is welcoming in my books

These are probably the greatest bargain in audio at the moment. How are you finding them?
I've talked about upgrading my shitty 5.1 audio setup for a decent 2.1 one for a while now and my budget has been max. 600€ (for two speakers and an amp/AVR/DAC). One my friends who is in to this music stuff has been raving about these JBL 305s the whole time so I let him to figure out the rest of the setup for me. He found me the DAC for 300€ and two of these speakers for 110€ a piece, but of course they were out of stock everywhere with sorries from JBL that the demand has wildly exceeded the supply. Luckily my cousin owns a local music store so I gave him a call and turns out he had a couple of these bad boys in the storage for "special occasions". Paid 230€ for the both of them and got XLR cables for free!

So for a 530€ setup the sound quality is bonkers...you can't even get a decent AVR for that price around here. They are perfect as is for playing games and watching TV, but you should get a subwoofer for movies to get that extra oomph. Listening to music is also a bliss (obviously, because that's what they're made for), but you need to stay in the "zone" to feel the bass. So again, you need a sub if you're not stationary while listening.

I'd say they are the perfect speakers for a PC gamer in small mancave, but also superb for a medium sized home theater (sitting max. 3 meters away from them). This is hands down the best investment I have made in consumer electronics and can't seriously find a reason to upgrade in the foreseeable future.

Would the JBL 305P MkII be a good alternative? They are a tad cheaper and more readily available in Canada it seems.

moonbeam

Nov 11, 2017
Would the JBL 305P MkII be a good alternative? They are a tad cheaper and more readily available in Canada it seems.
Yes certainly. The original 305 and the MkII should sound very similar and be hard to tell part. If you really want to be certain, you could wait for more impressions as the MKIIs are pretty new but I would just get them and start enjoying them :)

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All of these nice homes make me so jealous. I'm poor by comparison. And don't have room for all of these nice decorations in my bedroom. Especially now that I had to move a bunch of stuff out to make play-space for VR.

But I relocated my Oculus sensors today. And took some pictures to share on Discord. ResetERA is a bit more public than Discord rooms.
But since I already took them and shared them, I thought I'd show some pictures of the hot mess I seem to call my sleeping space.

It is very messy and very humble. I don't have money.

The curtain is closed because I don't like the sun in my eyes when I'm trying to play games.

I have tried to keep the walls minimalist of pictures. And I removed many when trying to make my play area for VR, I didn't want to bump into the wall and knock pictures frames down. I'm thinking of putting some back up, though.

In the left corner is my slippers which are Eevee. And the TV is a 40 inch 1080p Samsung playing boring old discord.

I have wraps around my Oculus cord to stop it from tangling quite as much.

Basically the same picture at a slightly different angle. That terrible TV stand is what I'm using until I can get a small desk that will fit in the room. On the second shelf is my Oculus Rift, and an 8bitdo I've been using a lot of lately. And on the bottom in an extra wrap and my Alienware Alpha I haven't been using. Also an UE Boom speaker that I should probably be using instead of my TV.

Computer is a mess of wires that I'm still working on, but I don't know what to do. A desk should help. Also I'll be able to use a proper keyboard and mouse instead of the wireless keyboard/trackpad I have on the bed.

Framed on the wall by the TV is a GameStop limited edition Mega Diance poster I got by pre-ordering Pokemon.
Diance is my favourite Pokemon, so I just had to.

I have a bunch of plushies all over my dresser drawer. Mostly Pokemon. A couple of them are amiibos and there is a My Little Pony figuring. Also between Espeon and Sylveon is Applejack from My Little Pony. And Sylveon and Glaceon is a Princess Daisy plushie and amiibo.

Above the bed is a painting of Chinese mountains by a Chinese American woman. My brother flips houses and found it in one he bought and gave it to me, because he knows I like this type of thing.

Diancie and Chibiusa on the bed. Because Diancie is my favourite Pokemon.

I'm not a big fan of the wolf comforter, but it's clean and matches the room. My favourite comforter would have to be my Kingdom Hearts one I got at Hot Topic. But that one isn't on the bed now.

I have just now put a hook up behind the bed and by the painting up above and to the right. This should hopefully lead to even better VR tracking.

That's my chair I play games on. It's not great but it works. You can see Manaphy and Popplio over in the corner by my ultrabook and New 2DS XL.

On the ultrabook is an emulator playing Final Fantasy IV SNES. Which is nice to look at or play when I'm waiting for a duty or something in Final Fantasy XIV.

Here's a better view of my Oculus Rift on the TV stand, and to the Left is my Nintendo Switch in dock.

For some reason the flash didn't go on this picture, so it's darker.

And this is my terrible mess of cords I need to fix. The computer is an HP Pavillion Power I got at Wal Mart on Black Friday for $500. I put some stickers on it because the all black bored me. I got free Soylent stickers with my order. So I put that and Pikachu on it.

And I Sugru'd some things to the desktop so they don't fall off.

A little bit closer look at my plushies covering my dresser. I'm nuts about cute Pokemon, particularly fairy Pokemon and Eeveelutions. I have two Sylveon because Sylveon is my second favourite Pokemon. And Lilligant on each side. The one on the left is by the TV to symbolize me gaming and being active, the the right is sleeping because it is by the bed. And between my Oculus Touch controllers is a sleeping Pikachu keeping them company. And a few microfiber clothes just in case my Rift lenses get dirty.

I really want a Mega Diancie plushie to go with my regular ones. But all the ones I see are too expensive.

So it isn't a great solution, but I have my front Oculus camera up high by sitting it on top of my curtain.

It works?

This looks like it would be in the way of the door, but it isn't. It is an Oculus Camera clipped to a nail on top of my closet. It would be further back, but my USB extension doesn't go that far back. Once I get a better and longer one, I'll put it in the far corner of my bedroom.

Door has blemishes, but doors are expensive to replace over something small like that. I should paint it or something I guess.

This area is really plain, but it's my VR play area I walk around in. I moved all the furniture and decorations that were in this corner of the room out.

Taken with my Galaxy S6.

I would like a room much more pink and girly. But it works, and I do a lot of stuff.

I have a lot more things and just not room for them without making a bigger mess. Several other framed gaming things and paintings. More Pokemon stuff and other gaming merch. And many other gaming consoles, and a nice JVC CRT. But I don't have any other place to put my other monitors and TVs. And my Wii U and such would just add more console clutter and I don't really have the HDMI inputs for my TV. I'm considering setting up a Kinivo and plugging in other gaming PCs, my Wii U and PS3, ect. But that would just be more clutter and more wires.

So they are elsewhere. At this point, I mainly want my Wii U set up for Mario Maker. Most things I want to play are on Switch.

My nice big JVC CRT flatscreen is too big and too bulky and too heavy to put it back in here anywhere. But that's what I use for all my SD consoles.

My plan is to find a really small, really useful and nice looking desk to put the TV on, and maybe upgrade to getting a 4K TV this Black Friday to play games on, that would fit on a new desk. And hiding the desktop and wires with it. I really want to play Final Fantasy XIV in 4K.

You have great taste in Mario characters :D

Streetcleaner

Dec 1, 2017
bzBjE5X.jpg

GFTJwTv.jpg

eIX2VrE.jpg

TEIWfTj.jpg

lrbghCx.jpg

New setup and gear that consists of:
  • Sony A1E 65" OLED tv
  • Anthem AVM 60 pre-amp/processor
  • Anthem MCA 525 amplifier
  • Paradigm Prestige 95F (Walnut) floor standing speakers
  • Paradigm Prestige 55C (Walnut) center channel speaker
  • Paradigm Prestige 15B (Walnut) surround speakers
  • Velodyne DD10+ subwoofer (from my old setup)
  • Panamax 5100-EX power conditioner
  • PS4 Pro
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Xbox 360 Slim
  • Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray player
  • Qnap TS-453A NAS
  • Salamander Synergy 237 cabinet
Speakers are still "breaking in". Still playing around with positioning and calibration tools using Anthem Room Correction (ARC), which is awesome btw. Using a Qnap NAS to serve up media. Infuse app for Apple TV 4K for 4K movies. For lossless 2ch. stereo music I use Anthem's Play Fi DTS music protocol. Gran Turismo Sport and Shadow of the Colossus are phenomenal in 4K. Been using Mad Max Fury Road as a 4K reference and it's insane.

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
  • Sony A1E 65" OLED tv
  • PS4 Pro
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Xbox 360 Slim
  • Qnap TS-453A NAS
Speakers are still "breaking in". Still playing around with positioning and calibration tools using Anthem Room Correction (ARC), which is awesome btw. Using a Qnap NAS to serve up media. Infuse app for Apple TV 4K for 4K movies. For lossless 2ch. stereo music I use Anthem's Play Fi DTS music protocol. Gran Turismo Sport and Shadow of the Colossus are phenomenal in 4K. Been using Mad Max Fury Road as a 4K reference and it's insane.

Where did you get the pictures on the wall from?

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
That's a sexy setup. It's good to see a Velodyne sub getting mentioned as they're such a rare choice, especially in the UK. I had a velodyne CHT (entry level model) for 15 years before I upgraded and moved it into another room. The DD range was and is always going to be one of my dream purchases

• Sony A1E 65" OLED tv
  • PS4 Pro
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Xbox 360 Slim
  • Qnap TS-453A NAS

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
bzBjE5X.jpg

GFTJwTv.jpg

eIX2VrE.jpg

TEIWfTj.jpg

lrbghCx.jpg

• Sony A1E 65" OLED tv
  • PS4 Pro
  • Apple TV 4K
  • Xbox 360 Slim
  • Qnap TS-453A NAS
Lovely. Hadn't heard of Salamander before. They have some nice stuff. Is that a custom order, or did you get it from a show floor?

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
my PC:

rI9O10G.jpg

0tt8S63.jpg

specs:

24" Dell P2418D 1440p 60hz monitor
Corsair K65 keyboard
Gigabyte M6900 mouse
360 wired controller
Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II Speakers

i7-6700K
16GB 2666
GTX 1070
Cryorig R1 cooler
MSI Z170A-G43 plus motherboard
Evga 750W SuperNova G2 PSU
Fractal Design Define S case
4x140mm Fractal GP-14 fans
Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 250GB ssd
Samsung 850 Evo SATA3 1TB ssd
WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm HDD

not pictured:

I have my PC wired up through ethernet. my router is downstair so i'm using a 20m cable which connects to a network switch under my PC desk. that connects my PC, PS4, Steam Link. My TV/PS4/Steam link are beside my desk. I have a PS4 Slim w/1TB. If I want to lie in bed and play my PC games I can use my Steam Link or if I want to play PS4 games at my desk I can stream them to my PC with remote play. Everything is wired so it's a fairly decent experience. My TV is only a 1080p Panasonic (not sure the exact model) which does me just fine. Probably won't upgrade to 4K until PS5.
How do you like that T20? Any good for music (don't need much bass).

Streetcleaner

Dec 1, 2017
Where did you get the pictures on the wall from?
Got them from Dirty Nails Bloody Knuckles: https://www.dirtynailsbloodyknuckles.com/

Lovely. Hadn't heard of Salamander before. They have some nice stuff. Is that a custom order, or did you get it from a show floor?
Salamander is pretty well known in the AV crowd. That's from the Synergy line which can be customized and is pretty modular. You can keep adding/optioning stuff as necessary. I bought this from someone I knew nearly 10 years ago. You'll be able to find great deals off Craigslist or Audiogon.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Hope this isn't a derail - I have seen a few pictures with people using monitor stands (or dual articulating arms) and this is the kind of setup I want - but every time I buy a model from Amazon (Vivo, Huanmo, well reviewed, supposedly work?) the stands topple over. Every.single.time. Would love some advice for good monitor stands!

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this isn't a derail - I have seen a few pictures with people using monitor stands (or dual articulating arms) and this is the kind of setup I want - but every time I buy a model from Amazon (Vivo, Huanmo, well reviewed, supposedly work?) the stands topple over. Every.single.time. Would love some advice for good monitor stands!
I like my Fully Jarvis arm. I don't have a dual one, but the single is stable.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Phew, them Genelecs. Those are like what, 3k each?
Yeah, but at the same time I expect to carry them around for at least 20 years. I had far smaller Genelecs (5x 8020B, two of which I'm still using on my desktop PC) for at least 7 years before upgrading to my current set last year, and I never had a problem with them. I certainly don't expect the Ones to show any bad signs any sooner than that.
That being said, it'll be pretty costly eventually upgrading to an Atmos setup (2 more 8341As to 7.1, two to four 8331As for height channels once I win the lottery) - though none of that will happen until I move someplace where I can have an entertainment / living room built with these in mind (acoustics).

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
I bought a new IKEA BILLY and re-organised some of my stuff. So, here is my setup right now:

img_20180410_18225532xloz5.jpg

A more detailed view of my desk:

img_20180410_18244163xepe0.jpg

img_20180410_18232195fso1b.jpg

img_20180410_18233256ybq60.jpg

img_20180410_18234751kcql6.jpg

img_20180410_18240370gnp9x.jpg

As you can see I'm a big Ori fan :P

And this is the view outside my room:

img_20180410_18343022jbpd1.jpg

If images are heavy or too much let me know i'll delete/re-upload them.

i20bot

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, but at the same time I expect to carry them around for at least 20 years. I had far smaller Genelecs (5x 8020B, two of which I'm still using on my desktop PC) for at least 7 years before upgrading to my current set last year, and I never had a problem with them. I certainly don't expect the Ones to show any bad signs any sooner than that.
That being said, it'll be pretty costly eventually upgrading to an Atmos setup (2 more 8341As to 7.1, two to four 8331As for height channels once I win the lottery) - though none of that will happen until I move someplace where I can have an entertainment / living room built with these in mind (acoustics).

Nice, was looking at some Genelecs for a desktop setting too. Then I saw your setup and was blown away with your whole setup of all Ones.

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a new IKEA BILLY and re-organised some of my stuff. So, here is my setup right now:

img_20180410_18225532xloz5.jpg

A more detailed view of my desk:

img_20180410_18244163xepe0.jpg

img_20180410_18232195fso1b.jpg

img_20180410_18233256ybq60.jpg

img_20180410_18234751kcql6.jpg

img_20180410_18240370gnp9x.jpg

As you can see I'm a big Ori fan :P

And this is the view outside my room:

img_20180410_18343022jbpd1.jpg

If images are heavy or too much let me know i'll delete/re-upload them.

Where is this? Definitely doesn't look like US. My guess would be somewhere in South America?

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, was looking at some Genelecs for a desktop setting too. Then I saw your setup and was blown away with your whole setup of all Ones.
I don't think you can go wrong with any one of them, though I would recommend looking at subwoofer from them too to compliment the smaller ones, if you can spare the room. There's something special about getting to listen to media (music, TV, movies, games) on the same gear the material you're consuming was produced with. Capcom for instance upgraded their studio to an 11-channel Genelec speaker setup not too long ago.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Pics from last year...

CbmUFWN.jpg

pxto9n3.jpg

Waiting for HDMI 2.1 displays to arrive, and become affordable, so I can finally replace my old 40" TV. I'll also have to get a new rack for the devices then.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
At least these pics are in the daylight. The last ones you posted awhile back in the dark were creepier.. What are those pictures of above the bed?

They're copies of Joel-Peter Witkin's photographs.

Those of Witkin's works which use corpses have had to be created in Mexico in order to get around restrictive US laws. Because of the transgressive nature of the contents of his images, his works have been labelled exploitative and have sometimes shocked public opinion.

His techniques include scratching the negative, bleaching or toning the print, and using a hands-in-the-chemicals printing technique. This experimentation began after seeing a 19th-century ambrotype of a woman and her ex-lover who had been scratched from the frame.