pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
The Asian list is at around 300 or so, a bit more if you count separate PS4 and PS5 versions as two games. But the Asian lists lacks the PS3 streamed stuff which bumps the number a fair amount.
it's supposed to be around 400 ps4-5 games and around 340 classic games
blog.playstation.com

UPDATE: All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now come together; players can choose from three flexible options.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
So far they haven't revealed any PS2 games, have they? Though good that they're definitely listed as coming

Edit:

Oh wait:

Does this mean we can only expect PS2 games as either remaster or streaming? Would be a bummer

I feel like they kind of oversold that aspect. When they announced that classic titles, including PS1, PSP, PS2, and streamed PS3 games would come, I think a lot of us assumed PS2 would be a big part of it, and be getting regular additions. Presumably, they would need some sort of emulation to make that happen.

As it stands, it doesn't appear as though they are adding any classic PS2 games though emulation, and feels like they are just adding some of the already released PS2 remasters and quasi remasters to the service.

I hope that changes in the future, because there are a ton of PS2 games I'd love to see return (like all the Shin Megami games I bought on PS3). Alternately, if they just add more games to thier PS2 classic lineup, that could be decent as well.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
So my yearly PS Plus sub ends in March 2023. If I upgrade to Premium how does that work? Will they just convert my sub to how ever many days that equals of premium? Or will I have to pay the difference to match the remaining time on my plus sub?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Well hopefully they don't take as long as Nintendo to add the other systems for the classics tier. This is now wait and see for me until more gets added.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
What's this bit about?
PlayStation Plus monthly games that were previously downloaded on PS3 and PS Vita devices will continue to remain accessible as long as the user remains a PlayStation Plus member.
Am I reading this right, that for PS3/Vita titles that you haven't downloaded (not redeemed) you'll lose access to them?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
What precisely do you think they should've done?

These 3 tiers are pretty clear cut to me. Well, technically 3.5 tiers when adding the Deluxe one available in some regions in-lieu of the Premium tier.
I hope those 2 posts were missing the /s.....

Essential is still the regular Plus, just renamed....

Its 2 tiers (and the tier in select markets) added to the normal Plus, that had a new change.

Since each tier adds on from the previous one, it cant get more simple than that.

Online MP? Included with all tiers....
The regular Plus? Its still here just a new name.....

Then the extra tiers come into play...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
So, I can either keep my PS+ Essential sub until Nov 2025 or transform it into a PS+ Extra sub that will probably last like a year only, right? Hmmm...

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Its 2 tiers (and the tier in select markets) added to the normal Plus, that had a new change.

Since each tier adds on from the previous one, it cant get more simple than that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Three tiers everywhere, those without streaming replace Premium with Deluxe, Essential and Extra still exists. At least that's how it is in latam.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So, I can either keep my PS+ Essential sub until Nov 2025 or transform it into a PS+ Extra sub that will probably last like a year only, right? Hmmm...

Based on my understanding it'd be pro-rated based on the cost difference for your local region. Just as an example if Essential cost $60, Extra cost $90 and Premium cost $120 and you had exactly 3 more years on your current PS+ then your options would be:

1) Continue with Essential for 3 more years
2) Upgrade to Extra and get 2 years
3) Upgrade to Premium and get 1.5 years

Or you can pay the difference on the remaining amount of time left on your PS+ sub to convert it to Extra or Premium for those 3 years.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Three tiers everywhere, those without streaming replace Premium with Deluxe, Essential and Extra still exists. At least that's how it is in latam.
Pretty much, yeah, although I don't know if Deluxe is available in every other region that doesn't have Premium. With this service Premium will launch in 30 countries, I'm not sure how many will get Deluxe.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What's this bit about?

Am I reading this right, that for PS3/Vita titles that you haven't downloaded (not redeemed) you'll lose access to them?
I think you're probably overthinking it. Would be really strange if the games you had redeemed/deleted would no longer be accessible.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Based on my understanding it'd be pro-rated based on the cost difference for your local region. Just as an example if Essential cost $60, Extra cost $90 and Premium cost $120 and you had exactly 3 more years on your current PS+ then your options would be:

Or you can pay the difference on the remaining amount of time left on your PS+ sub to convert it to Extra or Premium for those 3 years.

This doesn't really sound like a bad deal at all. Here's hoping it turns out that way!

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
What's this bit about?

No, they're just saying that your old PS3/Vita PS+ titles you redeemed are still in your library and are accessible while subscribed. It's a clarification since so much of the new PS+ talk is about PS4 and PS5.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deluxe

Premium

Essential

Extra

Let's run some card sorting experiments to see if users can quickly order them from lowest cost to highest cost.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Deluxe

Premium

Essential

Extra

Let's run some card sorting experiments to see if users can quickly order them from lowest cost to highest cost.

While I was partial towards the silver/gold/platinum names prior to the official reveal, I don't really see a problem with the names. Only 3 will be available in any one region at a time and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Deluxe or Premium are the top ones for their respective regions. Extra by its very name tells us that it's extra relative to something else, which leaves Essential at the bottom of the pile

bruhaha

Jun 13, 2018
While I was partial towards the silver/gold/platinum names prior to the official reveal, I don't really see a problem with the names. Only 3 will be available in any one region at a time and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Deluxe or Premium are the top ones for their respective regions. Extra by its very name tells us that it's extra relative to something else, which leaves Essential at the bottom of the pile

Add "Plus" to the mix of words. Plus Extra!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Add "Plus" to the mix of words. Plus Extra!

PS+ has been a staple of PlayStation for over a decade with nearly 50 million subscribers. No one's gonna get confused by the word Plus being involved. Especially since each tier has the name Plus included, so folks will know it's the baseline name of the service.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question I got PlayStation now (a year sub) a month ago. i want to play online for the next month. If I go get a month of ps+ I'll still get the premium tier right? The plus won't knock me down? The did promise pamper subs would get the ultimate right?

bruhaha

Jun 13, 2018
PS+ has been a staple of PlayStation for over a decade with nearly 50 million subscribers. No one's gonna get confused by the word Plus being involved. Especially since each tier has the name Plus included, so folks will know it's the baseline name of the service.

Lots of people enter gaming as a hobby or switch platforms without having brand recognition. I know people who casually know of it as just "PS online" because they pay for multiplayer and never download the monthly games. IMO keeping the former regular Plus but renaming it Plus Essential creates even more confusion. They should've moved on from the Plus branding instead of putting it next to words that have overlapping meaning (extra, deluxe, premium) in English.

Keep in mind when you see the name of any given tier in the future it will not be guaranteed to be shown along with all 3 tiers. If I see "PS Plus Extra" without seeing all 3 tiers I'm going to be confused as to whether there exists a higher tier than Extra.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Question I got PlayStation now (a year sub) a month ago. i want to play online for the next month. If I go get a month of ps+ I'll still get the premium tier right? The plus won't knock me down? The did promise pamper subs would get the ultimate right?

You'll have PS+ Premium for the period of 1 year after you subscribed to PS Now (once it launches in your region). The PS+ won't hinder that at all.

Keep in mind that PS Now games don't require Plus to play online so if those are the games you're playing then you don't need PS+.

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll have PS+ Premium for the period of 1 year after you subscribed to PS Now (once it launches in your region). The PS+ won't hinder that at all.

Keep in mind that PS Now games don't require Plus to play online so if those are the games you're playing then you don't need PS+.
Oh I know that I've been playing them offline had psnow since April . But I want to grab fifa (which goes away before the new service launches) and it's annoying constantly forgetting I can't play multiplayer and use game hints and stuff. 9$ Bucks isn't gonna hurt

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Lots of people enter gaming as a hobby or switch platforms without having brand recognition. I know people who casually know of it as just "PS online" because they pay for multiplayer and never download the monthly games. IMO keeping the former regular Plus but renaming it Plus Essential creates even more confusion. They should've moved on from the Plus branding instead of putting it next to words that have overlapping meaning (extra, deluxe, premium) in English.

Keep in mind when you see the name of any given tier in the future it will not be guaranteed to be shown along with all 3 tiers. If I see "PS Plus Extra" without seeing all 3 tiers I'm going to be confused as to whether there exists a higher tier than Extra.

Well we can quibble over what we feel may happen and give anecdotal evidence, but I don't think that'll get us anywhere.

Plus has been a well recognized branding for PlayStation for over a decade. Throwing that away on the off chance that a small minority of people might have initial confusion if they ONLY read the names and don't bother to take a couple minutes to educate themselves is incredibly silly.

Oh I know that I've been playing them offline had psnow since April . But I want to grab fifa (which goes away before the new service launches) and it's annoying constantly forgetting I can't play multiplayer and use game hints and stuff. 9$ Bucks isn't gonna hurt

Cool, then yeah you'll be all set then. Enjoy :)

bruhaha

Jun 13, 2018
Plus has been a well recognized branding for PlayStation for over a decade. Throwing that away on the off chance that a small minority of people might have initial confusion if they ONLY read the names and don't bother to take a couple minutes to educate themselves is incredibly silly.

Xbox Live has been around for longer and they had no problem naming their new services a different name and getting people to sign up, both first timers and upgrades from Live Gold. Game Pass is a descriptive name for the service and "Ultimate" makes it pretty clear there's nothing higher. I'm heaping praise on that despite me thinking their console naming strategy is asinine.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Xbox Live has been around for longer and they had no problem naming their new services a different name and getting people to sign up, both first timers and upgrades from Live Gold. Game Pass is a descriptive name for the service and "Ultimate" makes it pretty clear there's nothing higher. I'm heaping praise on that despite me thinking their console naming strategy is asinine.

To be honest I think you're nitpicking. Here are the names:

PlayStation Plus Essential
PlayStation Plus Extra
PlayStation Plus Deluxe
PlayStation Plus Premium

Again, it doesn't take any real thought for someone to look at those names and realize that "PlayStation Plus" is the base name and the different tiers are based on the last word. And as I noted above, it doesn't take much thought for someone to denote their meanings just by looking at the 3 tiers that'll be available in their region.

And all of this is assuming that this hypothetical someone just spends their time looking at the names and that's it. That they don't take a couple of minutes to see what any of these tiers offer and what differentiates them. The people you're describing will be in the extreme minority and are not in any way, shape or form worth ditching an incredibly successful branding just to cater to them

Sony's ditching the PlayStation Now branding to take advantage of the far more popular and widely known Plus branding. It's the right move and makes FAR FAR FAR more sense that killing the Plus name and then trying to re-educate all ~50 million people that the service they've been paying for is now called *insert name here*.

As for Xbox and what they chose to do, who cares? They chose a path that they felt was best for them and so has Sony. Sony felt that keeping the widely known and recognized Plus branding was best for them and it makes perfect sense. Hell, with other companies like Disney adopting the "Plus" title it just makes it even more recognizable to the general populace and helps give them an idea right off the bat what it is.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yea..I fail to understand why we are judging the names by themselves. Who is going to sign up just by looking at a service name without seeing the options? Buyers will look at the names once, pick a service, and then move on. Who cares? I'm not even talking about the + branding. It literally doesn't matter once the consumer signs up

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Im seriously considering upgrading my PS+. Even though it'll probably cost me $160 for 2 yrs. (Assuming I just pay the difference)
Still wish there was a PS+ Legacy tier. Dont Need the other stuff.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Im seriously considering upgrading my PS+. Even though it'll probably cost me $160 for 2 yrs. (Assuming I just pay the difference)

Nah, if they introduced yet another tier then it'd prolly confuse people so much that their minds would snap and they'd wander aimlessly into oncoming traffic

/s
😏

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
your exactly why those games are locked at the highest tier :p they know there's a lot like you

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wont even bother unless they add Xenogears and Xenosaga. Poor list overall for me, imo.
You'll get xenogears, xenosaga? Lol good luck pretty sure bandai Namco and Monolith both have copyrights to that so you'd have to get nintendo on board and bandai namco.

i really don't know why people are thinking they can just pop a rom in and sell it ignoring intellectual property law. It's baffling.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
While the middle tier illooks appealing, the fact that they need a FAQ this extensive is telling.

And why the hell is there no automatic cloud saves for games downloaded through this? It's 2022, you shouldn't have to manually upload your cloud saves, just so Sony can save pennies on their storage costs.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It's launching today and still no full lineup announced beyond the bit in the sample a few days ago? Or?

enishi

Oct 27, 2017
Hong Kong

Things might be different for other regions. But based on what we have in Hong Kong/Taiwan region (we do not have PS Now nor PS Plus Premium)

If you have 3 years of original PS plus subscription left, your only option
- Upgrade to new grades for 3 years

And when your original PS plus was offered at discount (e.g. 25% off directly from PS Store), this 25% is included in your upgrade fee.
For example, you paid $30 for 1 year PS plus which costed $40 at normal price. You need to pay $10 extra to upgrade, total $30 for 3 years.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Things might be different for other regions. But based on what we have in Hong Kong/Taiwan region (we do not have PS Now nor PS Plus Premium)

And when your original PS plus was offered at discount (e.g. 25% off directly from PS Store), this 25% is included in your upgrade fee.
For example, you paid $30 for 1 year PS plus which costed $40 at normal price. You need to pay $10 extra to upgrade, total $30 for 3 years.
in your example, $10 to upgrade to what?

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone got an Asian account and the new PlayStation plus service?

Just wondering if their subscription transitioned to plus premium if they held both a normal plus and now subscription and if the duration for the new service is the longer of the two?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
While the middle tier illooks appealing, the fact that they need a FAQ this extensive is telling.

And why the hell is there no automatic cloud saves for games downloaded through this? It's 2022, you shouldn't have to manually upload your cloud saves, just so Sony can save pennies on their storage costs.
Huh? Automatic cloud save uploads is a system option when you have Plus

enishi

Oct 27, 2017
Hong Kong
in your example, $10 to upgrade to what?

Let's assume (for easier reference only, not exact price)
Per year
$40 PS plus Essential
$50 PS plus Extra
$55 PS plus Deluxe

If you still have 3 years of PS plus subscription, which you bought at PS Store discount at $30 per year.

You need to pay
($50 - $30) * 3 = $60 for upgrading to Extra
($55 - $30) * 3 = $75 for upgrading to Deluxe
for 3 years

There is no other option available.

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017

Could Sony be anymore gluttonous for money? That last bit is a bit much, even more so than the £70 games.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Let's assume (for easier reference only, not exact price)
Per year
$40 PS plus Essential
$50 PS plus Extra
$55 PS plus Deluxe

If you still have 3 years of PS plus subscription, which you bought at PS Store discount at $30 per year.

You need to pay
($50 - $30) * 3 = $60 for upgrading to Extra
($55 - $30) * 3 = $75 for upgrading to Deluxe
for 3 years

There is no other option available.
This sounds extremely stupid and petty to charge for the discount. Do you have proof of this from multiple sources? Not doubting you, just want to confirm since as I said this seems very stupid.

Last edited: