• Sports Team

• "I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel."

• Team Margarita

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing Klee got wrong so far is Lockhart no longer existing, but then again, everyone was wrong because the general consensus at the time before Lockhart was reconfirmed to exist was that it no longer did.

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
Heh, his sources are old contacts that would be honestly higher ups at studios at this point just by the virtue of time since he was active.

I get your point though and somewhat agree. But putting him on the level of Osiris? I dunno.
Trust me he's not on that level to me lol just the first names that popped into my head. A better name should have been Matt or Klobrile

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Yes. Everyone is lying. Trust no one. Especially people with sources in the dev studios. Half a dozen journalists all lying.

Do trust github leaks that happened because an intern was stupid enough to put sensitive testing data in a public folder.

no. He said he independently verified the source meaning he downloaded the github folder himself. Just like everyone here.

To be fair the first to find it was Komachi but after he gave some information to rogame who.did.not.take precaution and everything.was discovered but Komachi said Oberon had at least three major stepping since the github leak. This is not final at all maybe they downgrade the console or upgrade it.but this is not final.

Oberon C0, Oberon D0 and Oberon E0.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
It was on the money for the Series X.

I don't think this is necessarily True. I think github just showed number of CU's for the XsX whilst not showing what kind of Hz it was running at. Now that we know how much TF the XsX has people can deduct what it's running at.

I don't think MS has said anything about their GPU other than that it is 12tf and RDNA2 did they? Don't think they stated how much CU's it has.

Anyways having said all that I personally think github is legit info and that in the case of MS it ended up being up to date. We however don't know if it is up to date for Sony and it is lacking in context. So I don't think any definitive conclusions should be drawn yet.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people put so much emphasis on the 9TF thing until some months ago this was considered a good number.
If PS5 is 9TF it will be cheaper simple as that.
I would be more worried about having a 4TF lower denominator than a 9TF one by the way.

For some people 9 was not a good number and back then people were talking 8TF GNC.
This was before we even knew about RDNA details .

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

Well, this actually happened with COD MW few months ago.

Pro version ran at lower resolution than X, and it delivered better frame rate. Both version had extensive post processing and visuals were almost identical, so DF recommended Pro as the best platform for that game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 62280

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 18, 2019
To be fair the first to find it was Komachi but after he gave some information to rogame who.did.not.take precaution and everything.was discovered but Komachi said Oberon had at least three major stepping since the github leak. This is not final at all maybe they downgrade the console or upgrade it.but this is not final.
Tested in May of 19 there really isn't much you can do 12 months before final production starts even with an E stepping.

chowyunfatt

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My god, some of the comments are true gold..
I hope somebody can preserve a copy of this forum because in a 1000 years philosophers are going to want to study what life was like in the 2020's

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Tested in May of 19 there really isn't much you can do 12 months before final production starts even with an E stepping.

Lol why Arden appears later than Ariel and Oberon maybe a few days after this guy stop working at AMD, they began some test on Oberon with another GPU architecture. There is much test less results on Arden side. It not means Sony did not think about this GPU years before they test it here and I don't want to heard about cost PS4 bring billions of dollars of profit to Sony. Arden appears in June 2019 in this test and MS prepare it for years.

Edit: Imo everything is possible from 8 to 13 TFlops. I let insiders from Kleegamefan, or Matt or Jason Schreier or Andrew Reiner the benefit of the doubt.

After I think Andrew Reiner and Klee would have done better to not say they heard.PS5 is more powerful. I think this was not a good decision if I have known better to keep it for you. I think Matt and Jason Schreier decision to say they are close is a better one.

After if tomorrow PS5 is 9 Tflops and.this.is the definition of close I will not think they are credible anymore.

Last edited:

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
So a game running at 8k 240fps at PS1 fidelity would "look" better to you than current gen games or even next gen games because they have a higher framerate and resolution? So would you say no console game could be considered the best looking game in a generation?
Aaahhhhhh. This again. You seen me clamouring for PS1 games?

Hint; I am not bothered as to whether back compat exists or not, whether games are enhanced or not. I do not care about remakes or remasters.

What bothers me is current gen, and what these consoles output. And yes, it comes down to resolution and framerate, as always.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Well, this actually happened with COD MW few months ago.

Pro version ran at lower resolution than X, and it delivered better frame rate. Both version ha extensive post processing and visuals were almost identical, so DF recommended Pro as the best platform for that game.
yeah dude totally, in case of 12tf vs 9.2tf the logical conclusion you reach is that the lower system will have better visuals/perf

carry on!

Merwys

Aug 14, 2018
Also, about the potential """leak"" from January 2019, one point is bothering me. Does someone remember the rumored projects from Ninja Theory before their acquisition ? I think Bleeding Edge was one of them, but i'm not sure. The game was announced in June 2019..

I just want to get it out of my head for good.

Masyer89

Dec 9, 2019
so ps5 specs:
9 tflops
Rdna 1.0
No hardware rt
No vrs
36 cu
7nm

Xbox series x specs
12 tflops
Rdna 2.0
Hardware rt
Vrs
56 cu
7nm+

Is that right?
No xsx is 7nm euv playstation i think 7nm+ definitely will have raytracing weather it uses dedicated shaders or cu is not seen and they could be using amd vrs. Think of it this way xbox co developed navi 20lite and playstation co developed navi 10lite both are custom sony may have access to add features not on standard navi10. They did this with pro when they added features not found on same style card of curent pc equivalent.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
yeah dude totally, in case of 12tf vs 9.2tf the logical conclusion you reach is that the lower system will have better visuals/perf

carry on!
No, the point is that devs will continue to make weird choices. With COD MW on X we got framerate drops even though that could have been avoided.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
So just trying to parse all of these things out within the context of a console (fixed budget, trade offs to hit price points etc) its hard for me to get to a point where Sony has a better SSD, more bandwidth, and more power etc but has a lower BOM than MS. If it is better than the Series X in every way, it would be more expensive.

My gut just tells me that Sony traded some raw power for other system aspects like the better SSD. MS traded some SSD speed for more raw power. Each will have their benefits and we will see some things on each that play to their strengths.

What if Sony originally designed an 8TF box for a late 2019 / early 2020 launch, but then when the timeline started to slip knew they couldn't update the design in time so they decided to adopt an exotic cooling solution and attempt to close the gap by ramping up the clocks?

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Just a random thought but do you think Sony in a way are doing what Microsoft did with Xbox One, calamity aside. They planned so far out on particular goals that left them a bit rigid in design, sounded good at the time but now slightly less so. Not the end of the world but just the way the cards fell. Microsoft wanted 8GB of RAM for multimedia features in Xbox One which dictated certain aspects and left them hamstrung whereas Sony went with a more modern set up that worked out better with GDDR5. In the end, Sony looked ahead further when planning and Microsoft were so focused on the RAM that they compromised the rest of the design to make it happen based on older tech availability.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
For some people 9 was not a good number and back then people were talking 8TF GNC.
This was before we even knew about RDNA details .

But that's the thing we are not on GCN territory anymore.
Would a 9TF RDNA2 console, if priced correctly in comparison to its competitor, be a bad one ?
Specially in a world where people claim that a 4TF one would be a good option ?
I mean in a scenario of 4TF, 9TF and 12TF separated by a US100 price tags which one is the best value ?
In my opinion Sony won't go 9 just for one reason : they will aim for the double digit mark. I would guess 10.x and if they manage to get into the double digit mark while getting a US100 difference from Series X this would be a huge win for them. Much bigger than matching or coming close or even surpassing the Series X TF numbers at the same price.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
6 and some change more hours......
giphy.gif

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man once Sony releases those specs this forum will crash.. Even with their silence my hype is through the roof for the Ps5 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Is this a meme? Should it be?

The meme starts with, "Sony just shot themselves in the foot.."

I will put in better context.

Ms is doing great moves. The smart delivery is something special. Really possible because of gamepass since your librar will carry to next gen.

I don't know how Sony will react but what they expect? To sell last of us 2 again for who bought on ps4?

I always thought the next gen would have a lot upgrade patches monetized . Ms move changes that and make it easy for people to join next gen. Imagine if u can carry your library by the cost of only change the he and receiving free updates.

And there is price. Ms has the opportunity to be really aggressive with price and they can afford to be. I don't know if Sony can get on this battle and take big loses on hw.

I think this is good example of recency bias occluding the simple reality that when Sony do their marketing, it'll result in the same if not greater number of eye balls (judging from the no. of likes the PS5 logo received in Insta) and all console related conversations converging on to PS5's specs, features and how it compares to what is known of X.

PS is a powerhouse brand and the road to next gen is long and yet minuscule compared to the road that will be the next gen of software, features and install base.

Both companies have their roadmaps and neither one wants to look reactionary. These current thrills will abate as part of the news cycle with relevant parties will take their pound of flesh to talk about HW feature and how it relates to their games (devs) and their content generation (YTubers) etc.

All in all, current frustrations of Sony keeping quiet for some folks will have little to no consequence for actual buyers once the product hits the market.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
But that's the thing we are not on GCN territory anymore.
Would a 9TF RDNA2 console, if priced correctly in comparison to its competitor, be a bad one ?
Specially in a world where people claim that a 4TF one would be a good option ?
I mean in a scenario of 4TF, 9TF and 12TF separated by a US100 price tags which one is the best value ?
In my opinion Sony won't go 9 just for one reason : they will aim for the double digit mark. I would guess 10.x and if they manage to get into the double digit mark while getting a US100 difference from Series X this would be a huge win for them. Much bigger than matching or coming close or even surpassing the Series X TF numbers at the same price.

This is a good solution too be less powerful but not completely obliterate for 100 dollars less. Not bad at all.

Jan 11, 2020
This thread is going ape shit...
Let's look at this from a Hegelian dialectic perspective.

Thesis: leaks and insiders, power equality.
Anti-thesis: 9TF Rdna 1.0 PS5 | 12TF rdna 2.0 XSX
Synthesis: what about the secret sauce ssd?!

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
i thought DukeBlueBall was the first to bring up VRS and then klee commented after that to "confirm"?
Variable Rate Shading (VRS) was being discussed (for Xbox at least) ever since Microsoft had a big presentation on it at GDC last year. I think many people (including myself) expected it to be incorporated into the next Xbox.

As far as I'm aware, at the time of launch, the Xbox consoles where feature complete with the current Direct X specifications at that time. With the Xbox One being the first Xbox that actually moved up to a new iteration of Direct X (11 to 12).

This is why when the Direct X team has talked about ray tracing and variable rate shading at past GDC's, it's easy to speculate that the next Xbox would incorporate those technologies.

This year at GDC the Direct X team will present sessions on mesh shaders and DXR 1.1 (Direct X Raytracing tier 1.1). I think those are safe bets as features/capabilities in the Series X. Currently only Nvidia's Turing architecture features mesh shaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.