Oct 27, 2017
I hope Hitman 2 is one of the free games. Its yet to be put on the store like 1 or 3 and im afraid that the moment I buy it itll be made free lool

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So many free games so little time to play them all.
Guys, just... no. Exercise some common sense.

You could do like the bst thread does periodically and create a poll. It should then be obvious where the majority falls.
I don't see why we need a poll to decide whether the thread should stay on the topic it was created for (and stayed in for the past three years and a half). It's one thing to discuss e.g. how to get the games themselves when people are having trouble, but having everyone chime in on what they think of each game, let alone pointless bumps like the above, are annoying for everyone subscribed to the thread. If people want to discuss the games outside the scope of the thread, they're still free to do so, well, outside the thread.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why we need a poll to decide whether the thread should stay on the topic it was created for (and stayed in for the past three years and a half). It's one thing to discuss e.g. how to get the games themselves when people are having trouble, but having everyone chime in on what they think of each game, let alone pointless bumps like the above, are annoying for everyone subscribed to the thread. If people want to discuss the games outside the scope of the thread, they're still free to do so, well, outside the thread.
I really don't get this rule though. Why don't you just watch it without notifications and check it throughout the day if it really bothers you if there are a handful of posts sometimes between the free games? It's not like most of the freebies in here go away immediately if you're not around to check for a few hours (and the rare ones that do have a tight time/# of redemptions limit are often posted a little bit after the giveaway started anyway, so a lot of the replies are people saying they were already too late). I personally like seeing when people mention they liked or did not like a game listed here, because sometimes I will just pass on it if what a person talks about sounds like something I wouldn't enjoy anyway.

Also if it's truly a rule of the thread, maybe you should add it to the OP, because that rule isn't stated anywhere.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I really don't get this rule though. Why don't you just watch it without notifications and check it throughout the day if it really bothers you if there are a handful of posts sometimes between the free games?
Why would I want to do that? The whole point of subscribing to a thread is not having to remember about it.
It's not like most of the freebies in here go away immediately if you're not around to check for a few hours (and the rare ones that do have a tight time/# of redemptions limit are often posted a little bit after the giveaway started anyway, so a lot of the replies are people saying they were already too late).
The fact that people miss giveaways tells me precisely that people don't always have time to check the thread every time, especially if they're working or busy, and that it getting bumps several times a day makes it more likely for them to ignore them and miss the important ones. And with Epic giving away games for 24 hours, that's more likely than ever.
I personally like seeing when people mention they liked or did not like a game listed here, because sometimes I will just pass on it if what a person talks about sounds like something I wouldn't enjoy anyway.
OK, how about we make another thread to discuss the free games, and people can subscribe to that one too if they want? Would that work for everyone?
Also if it's truly a rule of the thread, maybe you should add it to the OP, because that rule isn't stated anywhere.
That's because it's not been a problem until now, but sure, I'll add that once we figure it out.

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
I personally come to this thread for the free games and news on upcoming free games. Anything else has no value.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I just check here from time to time, there is a discord server that send notifications for free game that I like.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Why would I want to do that? The whole point of subscribing to a thread is not having to remember about it.
You really don't see the irony of you carrying on with this discussion and also contributing to said issue you are talking about?

Once a day I click on the bell icon and check to see if there are any updates in this thread. Click on jump to new and just scroll down to see if there is any new free stuff, and they are usually not hidden in a sea of other posts. If you can't put up with people sharing their thoughts in this thread and just scroll a bit to find the posts, then I don't know what to tell you. Its a FREE games thread.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just check here from time to time, there is a discord server that send notifications for free game that I like.

Is it open for new members? I would totally join. Not because I don't like the discussion here, but more because the people bitching about how others are posting here is just the worst.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Is it open for new members? I would totally join. Not because I don't like the discussion here, but more because the people bitching about how others are posting here is just the worst.
Yup.

They have set up different way. RSS, Discord bot, Discord server, browser alerts. They don't do post stuff for Amazon prime, but I am fine with that since I am on Twitch everyday and see that Twitch Notification.

https://www.gamerpower.com/alerts

Join the GamerPower - Free Game Keys & Giveaways Discord Server!

Check out the GamerPower - Free Game Keys & Giveaways community on Discord - hang out with 3682 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup.

They have set up different way. RSS, Discord bot, Discord server, browser alerts. They don't do post stuff for Amazon prime, but I am fine with that since I am on Twitch everyday and see that Twitch Notification.

https://www.gamerpower.com/alerts

Join the GamerPower - Free Game Keys & Giveaways Discord Server!

Check out the GamerPower - Free Game Keys & Giveaways community on Discord - hang out with 3682 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Appreciate it, this is excellent.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

For Honor? Ass Creed Odyssey? Lol I'm aiming too high aren't I?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
it's loop hero, the shield and opposing swords design is identical to the hint image
Rz2PdqB.png

Loop_Hero_card_combinations.0.png

Last edited:

sublio

Nov 17, 2017

Hm.. Swords and shield... Low chance to guess :D

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter is possibly still the best 'walking simulator' I played, and was at one point my No. 1 game for 2014 (I think that's the year it came out).

But the owner of the studio is a Gamergater, and has a printed track record of some right-leaning views. It's why I stopped following any news of their next game.

I can't stop anyone from grabbing this for free, but if you do and enjoy it, please don't buy whatever comes next.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter is possibly still the best 'walking simulator' I played, and was at one point my No. 1 game for 2014 (I think that's the year it came out).

But the owner of the studio is a Gamergater, and has a printed track record of some right-leaning views. It's why I stopped following any news of their next game.

I can't stop anyone from grabbing this for free, but if you do and enjoy it, please don't buy whatever comes next.
Wasn't aware of this until now, but thanks for the info. Good looking out.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021

Thank you, wasn't aware. Already redeemed it but will give them a miss from now on.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You really don't see the irony of you carrying on with this discussion and also contributing to said issue you are talking about?
There's always someone that believes themselves to be so smart and how much of a shame it is that everyone else doesn't know, isn't there?

342.png

As usual nobody seems that interested in acknowledging the other side's point of view, and I don't have the energy or patience for this, so as TSM suggested, I'm simply making a poll about it. It will auto-close in a week's time; I ask everyone on both sides to please refrain from further metadiscussing this specific topic until then, and just vote instead.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Man you keep saying things and just straight up missing the point.

It is not illogical to have a discussion about why someone doesn't want to have a discussion, so as to hopefully solve the underlying issue so it doesn't happen in the future. This is not hard and you're making a fool of yourself.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
There's always someone that believes themselves to be so smart and how much of a shame it is that everyone else doesn't know, isn't there?
It's not that deep so don't give yourself too much credit, we're not discussing serious issues here, just free games. Simply pointing out the irony of contributing to something you are complaining about. In 116 pages of this thread, I have posted a total of 17 times so I clearly don't have an issue not posting in the thread. We have managed thus far to keep the thread going without people missing any free stuff because of people discussing.

Man you keep saying things and just straight up missing the point.

It is not illogical to have a discussion about why someone doesn't want to have a discussion, so as to hopefully solve the underlying issue so it doesn't happen in the future. This is not hard and you're making a fool of yourself.
Not missing any point, state your issue and move along, quoting people and telling them not to share their thoughts in the thread is rather disrespectful. if you don't want to have a discussion by all means don't. I don't see any issue with people discussing within the thread. If it annoys anyone, ignore it, come at the end of the day and scroll through the page for the stuff that has been posted. A threadmark could be made for the pertinent posts with the links. I hardly think that is making a fool of myself.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't understand the issue. This is a discussion forum at the end of the day, why shouldn't people be able to discuss things as long as they are about the free games being offered?

If people want a RSS-feed there are loads of alternatives out there that can immediately notify you by mail or push notifications.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Again:
I ask everyone on both sides to please refrain from further metadiscussing this specific topic until the poll ends, and just vote instead.
The arguments in favor of either position have already been clearly laid out; at this point it's no longer a "discussion" in any meaningful way; clearly nobody on either side has any real interest in what anyone on the other side of this has to say, and it has become merely about proving the other side wong. Nothing productive will come out of it anymore, and it's self-obviously making the problem worse, so if people keep ignoring the above, I'll simply contact mods and let them handle it.

When the poll results are in, I will make a note of it in the OP. Additionally, if "yes" wins, the OP will direct people annoyed by the bumps to subscribe to the Discord mentioned above. If "no" wins, the OP will instead direct people to a thread explicitly created for discussing the games.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Don't much see the point in having a poll. If people want to post about something involving a listed game they will. All this is going to break down to is every other week someone not aware posting, another person telling them they can't, and them replying back with either acceptance or defiance. Rinse and repeat.

There's also good examples to off-post, such as the example above about a game being made by a gamergater.

Edit: Post above wasn't there when I began my post.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Again:
I ask everyone on both sides to please refrain from further metadiscussing this specific topic until the poll ends, and just vote instead.
The arguments in favor of either position have already been clearly laid out; at this point it's no longer a "discussion" in any meaningful way; clearly nobody on either side has any real interest in what anyone on the other side of this has to say, and it has become merely about proving the other side wong. Nothing productive will come out of it anymore, and it's self-obviously making the problem worse, so if people keep ignoring the above, I'll simply contact mods and let them handle it.

When the poll results are in, I will make a note of it in the OP. Additionally, if "yes" wins, the OP will direct people annoyed by the bumps to subscribe to the Discord mentioned above. If "no" wins, the OP will instead direct people to a thread explicitly created for discussing the games.
I know you made the thread, but this really feels like thread policing. Like THIS is the topic at hand. This is important for the future of the thread. We should respectfully talk about it, imo. And shutting people down is chasing people away, as already seen in previous posts. Frankly, I think you're doing it backwards. Have the discussion while the decision is being made, once it's made, shut down the discussion.

Last edited:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I know you made the thread, but this really feels like thread policing. Like THIS is the topic at hand. This is important for the future of the thread. We should respectfully talk about it, imo. And shutting people down is chasing people away, as already seen in previous posts. Frankly, I think you're doing it backwards. Have the discussion while the decision is being made, once it's made, shut down the discussion.
We can discuss once the poll is over.

Edit: Since there was some confusion I'll just refer to the quote:
I ask everyone on both sides to please refrain from further metadiscussing this specific topic until the poll ends

Last edited:

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
In like 90% of cases, there's already a thread going about any specific deal/event anyway, as there are atm at least two threads about the Epic sale. I have no issue with minor comments or discussions about the worth (or not) of a deal, but I also agree that a complete "takeover" for topics that can be discussed way better in their seperate threads for the platform/game/sale are much less.. annoying? Let's go with "annoying", even if it sounds worse than I think it is. You know what I mean.