• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
So... super strange. I added Sonic 2 to my library and it gave me the Sega Mega Drive and Genesis entry on my library... and it has changed the art work on every sega game in my library to the same artwork laid over to make it look like a random Sega system box art. Crazy taxi looks like a genesis game, Bayonetta has a Saturn layover, NiGHTS has a Game Gear layover...

It looks like this:

Screenshot-2020-10-10-121129.png

I literally have no idea how to undo this. I actually permanently removed the Genesis collection from my library via Steam Support, and rebooted steam but no effect. Anybody have any idea how to reset all the game tiles to their defaults? It's... super odd.
its part of segas current promo they are theming all their game stuff rite now

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
So... super strange. I added Sonic 2 to my library and it gave me the Sega Mega Drive and Genesis entry on my library... and it has changed the art work on every sega game in my library to the same artwork laid over to make it look like a random Sega system box art. Crazy taxi looks like a genesis game, Bayonetta has a Saturn layover, NiGHTS has a Game Gear layover...

It looks like this:

I literally have no idea how to undo this. I actually permanently removed the Genesis collection from my library via Steam Support, and rebooted steam but no effect. Anybody have any idea how to reset all the game tiles to their defaults? It's... super odd.
They will probably reset them after some time.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

It looks like this:

This collection is used for every Genesis game at Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13945/SEGA_Mega_Drive_and_Genesis_Classics/)

SEGA changed the library pics because of their sale, but you can use any image you want on your games (right click it to see the option)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
its part of segas current promo they are theming all their game stuff rite now
This collection is used for every Genesis game at Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13945/SEGA_Mega_Drive_and_Genesis_Classics/)

SEGA changed the library pics because of their sale, but you can use any image you want on your games (right click it to see the option)
They will probably reset them after some time.
Ah gotcha, thanks folks

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't add Sonic 2 and got the new art too, seems like a temporary anniversary thing.

sega-art.png

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017

It looks like this:

The free copy of Sonic 2 is part of the Sega Genesis/Megadrive collection. It's a repository for the SEGA games on Steam. The covert art change is just a celebration thing temporarily.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Not a full game, just DLC, but Company of Heroes 2 has been dirt cheap all the time:
store.steampowered.com

Company of Heroes 2 - Southern Fronts Mission Pack on Steam

During the Spring Rasputitsa in early 1943, the Red Army launched a series of counteroffensives against German lines in the southwest. While initially successful, the Germans regrouped and managed to regain the momentum to recapture Kharkov.
go here: https://giveaway.companyofheroes.com/
Nice, shame it isn't the Ardennes Campaign, which I'm on the fence about buying although I enjoyed the main campaign

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Not a full game, just DLC, but Company of Heroes 2 has been dirt cheap all the time:
store.steampowered.com

Company of Heroes 2 - Southern Fronts Mission Pack on Steam

During the Spring Rasputitsa in early 1943, the Red Army launched a series of counteroffensives against German lines in the southwest. While initially successful, the Germans regrouped and managed to regain the momentum to recapture Kharkov.
go here: https://giveaway.companyofheroes.com/
thanks!

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Coming October 18th (for 1 day)

store.steampowered.com

Steam Store

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Also, this got announced and will only be available for a couple of days and looks amazing. Coming Oct 17th

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I thought I may as well grab the free Rising Storm 2 Vietnam from EGS before it goes away tomorrow. The home page says it's free. The game page says it's free. Every time I go to claim it, it wants to charge me $24.99.

It's not a big deal going without, I just wondered if anyone had seen the same problem and if they resolved it?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I may as well grab the free Rising Storm 2 Vietnam from EGS before it goes away tomorrow. The home page says it's free. The game page says it's free. Every time I go to claim it, it wants to charge me $24.99.

It's not a big deal going without, I just wondered if anyone had seen the same problem and if they resolved it?
Should be free until tomorrow, but I think I already had it so I'm not sure myself.

dsripley

Sep 24, 2019

Yeah it's not just you, my friend also tried to grab it like an hour ago and it was showing the same for him. Abzu was also showing as not free for him but he refreshed a few times and it fixed itself. Refreshing didn't help with Rising Storm though. I grabbed it earlier this week so it seems like this is a recent problem. Hopefully they fix it before 11am tomorrow!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I did a full system restart and it worked now. Or maybe they fixed it since I last checked about 90 minutes ago.