• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is super petty but the Anarchy symbol being the A is some edgelord crap that I am not a fan of.

Hope the game is good at least.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When people say, "This looks like Borderlands!" I find myself questioning whether they have ever watched a Mad Max movie.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Rage was fun(ish), but had the personality of a dry sponge. This is certainly.... not that.
Could see it being a BR game. You'd reckon Bethesda wants in on the money printing fad.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017

It's live action

What, it's all live action? I was questioning some of it, but at the same time I thought there were some shots from the game engine in there as well like the people in the suits underground. Rage 1 was an impressive looking game for 2011, the character models and animation were some of the best for that generation.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Feels very British for some reason.

RAGE sometimes just felt that way too.

BE8ih54.jpg

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not much we can gather from the teaser, but I just have a feeling it's gonna be a social game with focus on co-op/mp. I'd love it to be a sp only game, but that's just gonna happen is it? Maybe the Doom sequel? I suppose we'll see at E3. Shame they already showed it, but I guess it would get lost in the mix otherwise.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need to see more. Do we know who's developing this? It's not id software right?

Wasn't the biggest fan of the last game but I'd be up for a sequel.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
While it may be a no gameplay teaser, pairing Rage 2 ad with some Andrew W.K. music is a wise move. This game just looks all about fun.

Ffog

Feb 5, 2018
Actually I'm really thinking battle royale now. Some of those tweets show Rage people among regularly dressed people. So the ads aren't set in the Rage world. More implying in stupid ad language that "anyone could be a Rage player".
(I've never embedded a tweet before, apologies if this is not how you do it and a giant mess)

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994879789361086464

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994985488632004608

Edit: nope, embedding tweets doesn't work how I assumed. Here are some links

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Meh.

Where's Starfield??

*shakes fist*
BGS titles are never told to retailers until after they're announced to prevent situations exactly like this. Bethesda didn't contact the retailers until the day after the trailer launched for Fallout 4 according to Todd.
There was some speculation it was Rebellion working on it, but I don't know if that was just based on the Big Ben Tweet or what.
Rebellion already stated they're not working on it. I still believe it's Id doing it, especially since only 130 or so of the 250+ developers worked on DOOM according to the credits. 200+ from 6 other studios helped though (4 Bethesda owned studios, and 2 independent). Quake's primarily being done by Saber so that's 120+ (which is double what worked on RAGE 1) left unaccounted for.

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
taking the ad with a grain of salt, but my initial impression is this game will have virtually nothing to do with the first Rage.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed Rage. Looking forward to this.

Question: I don't see StarField on the leaked list. Does this suggest no StarField at E3 ?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if this is true, then the rest must be true too. Especially since Rage 2 was easily the most implausible titleon the list.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
It didn't really occur to me how much I liked Rage until I realized I have restarted it many times and played through a great deal of it. I'm excited for it. I don't want them to get rid of the open world or the cars. I do hope they improve them, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I'm really thinking battle royale now. Some of those tweets show Rage people among regularly dressed people. So the ads aren't set in the Rage world. More implying in stupid ad language that "anyone could be a Rage player".
(I've never embedded a tweet before, apologies if this is not how you do it and a giant mess)

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994879789361086464

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/994985488632004608

Edit: nope, embedding tweets doesn't work how I assumed. Here are some links

Best argument to make against that would just be that it would make more sense to just reboot Rage entirely if they wanted to do a BR only game. If, on the other hand, you mean it could be a mode of the game (but that there is still a campaign which loosely follows up the first game), then sure, I could see that.

Honestly with BR being the it thing right now, I'd be surprised to see a shooter with competitive modes coming out that didn't have BR. Though, so far, only getting coop vibes ala Borderlands from this.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Contrary to what others have been saying this ad/trailer does provide us with a lot of info with regards to the style they're going for. Seems like the game will be a lot more silly, crazy and colourful. Bring it on!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Where did these vids come from in the first place?
They're pulled now.