• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
videos are down.
Managed to watch it so I gotta say... yikes. This is exactly what I didn't want RAGE 2 to be like. Didn't really like RAGE 1 in the first place but still, it was pretty serious.

Bethesda just went full Borderlands. And you never go full Borderlands. Not even Borderlands goes full Borderlands

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Sooo...

The fact that they're announcing it today means that they don't want it to take too big of a spot at E3, right? Like, we can get a cinematic trailer or something and then some gameplay at E3, giving other bigger titles more time.

Fuck, I'm so excited about basically every single conference this year. Hate the fact that Bethesda's is at 3am where I live.

Pete from Berhesda hinted that this E3 they could have biggest E3 conference to date.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wait a minute...

Wasnt there a rumor that Avalanche is developing a Harry Potter game with Warner Bros? I am confused...

Edit: Found it:

That's Avalanche Software, not Avalanche Studios.

Did Rebellion flat out deny it? I saw someone play coy on twitter, but not necessarily a hard "no".

Well, Robbie's tweets seem pretty clear to me at least.

https://twitter.com/Cookie_Vonster/status/995720157665390592

https://twitter.com/Cookie_Vonster/status/995720695240945669

https://twitter.com/Cookie_Vonster/status/995721496982114306

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Is Walmart the new cboat?

tenor.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
That tonal shift reminds me of of Watch Dogs 2's shift from the first game.

Need to see gameplay before I judge though.

Oct 26, 2017
Well then, that trailer didn't mean much at all. Not like the Fallout 4 trailer that already showed plenty. Guess it will get a big focus at E3 then.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean "real" as in launching any time soon (<12 months?)
why is it on that retailer list (if true) if its gona launch alongside new consoles? (>12months)

anyway, let me not jack the thread from RAGE 2, which is another game I wanted and have asked for!

I mean at least where I'm at in the UK, retailers like amazon or game will have an sku up off the back of release regardless of how far out it is. Just take it as a sign of something related to the listing (as some of these are vague) existing, nothing to do with release dates. We know Metroid Prime 4 isn't due this year for example

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
As I said, I never say him flat out say "no, we are not working on this", but maybe staring for too long into the abyss of PR wording makes you cynical like that :p

True. It would be strange for him to say "I thought X or Y studio were working on it" and basically laugh at the notion Rebellion was developing the game if they were actually doing it, though.

Oct 26, 2017
It's a tonal shift that in my opinion really isn't needed. But whatever, let's see gameplay. In other words is it June already?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I don't think that's the trailer they teased, that feels so much like YouTube add, it's probably just made for it.

At least I hope so.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So a 15 second teaser and the full trailer at E3?
I don't buy the 15 second thing, I think its just cut down for youtube ads.from the full trailer, which will be revealed by bethesda later today.
Watch dogs 2 reveal trailer was the same. the 15 second teaser leaked a few hours early and everyone was mad that all that hype was just for something so short. Then a few hours later the full cgi trailer dropped.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
How much money do you want to bet that this will essentially be an open-world post apocalyptic Far Cry clone? It's pretty much the main type of shooter that Bethesda needs to round out it's library (i.e. differentiates it from Doom), the Far Cry formula is incredibly popular now, Avalanche has experience with open world design and the edgy trailer reminds me of newer Far Cry games.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So is this "ad" the "announcement trailer" that was supposed to come today? I was kind of hoping for a bit more, some gameplay maybe or something that tells you what the game is at least about, which this ad doesn't really do any of.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
They went the Watch Dogs way, first one serious and gritty while the second colorful with attitude.

If this was the video that was supposed to be up today it is a big disappointment btw

Silver9

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I hope they show a bit gameplay today because that was terrible.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Are they trying to give RAGE the Saint's Row 3 Treatment???

Weird teaser. Well at least the Purple in the twitter hints makes a little more sense now.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Rage was an average game designed to show off a new engine. With what they learned from DOOM 2016, I am sure Rage 2 will be a looker and perform amazingly on all systems. Hopefully a little more interesting than the first.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
Utterly terrible teaser but I guess that's what they were aiming for. I'm actually a bit excited about RAGE 2. The first one had a really fun foundation, held back by its execution.

Sybran57

May 11, 2018
We still don't know if it's really their announcement, for now it's just an ad that has been taken down multiple times. Just wait a little bit more !

Oct 25, 2017
To all the peeps talking about Borderlands:

If we're right about this being a Rebellion production, There's going to be some significant 2000AD influence here. And they've been doing post-Apocalypunk stories since the 70's. :)