• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
All the teasing images had a 5-14 in them so it was probably always going to be revealed tomorrow.

I mean, sure the teasers all appeared after the leak but I still think that didn't change their plans

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Huh, well, between the Doom and Wolfenstein reboots over the recent years, I'm definitely down to see what Bethesda/id are cooking with this one!

I actually never played the original Rage myself, but I did hear mixed things. I think regardless of whether or not it's a reboot or a sequel, I hope many lessons that led into or came out of the release of Doom will be apparent in its design, while maintaining Rage's own flair and identity...

Basically, I just want Bethesda and id to put out another great single player shooter. Best of luck to them with this reveal, and even more luck to its eventual launch! Looking forward to checking out a preview tomorrow!

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
The first one was utterly dull, to me.

It was literally a poor-man's Borderland. Essentially Borderland, take away the cool art style and replace it with the initial generic one it was announced with, strip out all of the fun, strip out the procedurally generated weapons (i.e. the fun) and launch it under the premise of a new-fandangled "megatexture" technology that in reality didn't make the game look all that great in the end.

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like we're getting this, made by id Software and also a Bethesda Game Studios game as well.

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
*note to self*

Do NOT save the best weapon in the game for the 'last boss'...

In any case, I am thoroughly looking forward to seeing the reveal tomorrow!

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome - it's going to be nice to see how they've evolved the IP. Shooting still feels good from RAGE, hoping they fix some of the vehicle mechanics and throw in some vibrant color!

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me.

im6f9On.png

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love how they took advantage of the leak and incorporated it into their marketing rather than just staying silent

Can't wait to see what this looks like

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4/XBO)
Just Cause 4
Splinter Cell
Dragon Quest 2 (PS4/XBO) (likely builders)
LEGO DC Villans
Borderlands 3
Rage 2
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizons 5
Assassin's Creed
Metroid Prime 4
Destiny: Comet DLC

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see who is developing this instalment.

Oct 26, 2017
So it's a fact now, to nobody's surprise really. Wonder why they are giving it another shot, first one didn't sell too great. Personally I had fun with it and there's a lot of potential there. I look forward to see what they come up with.

That being said, them revealing this game a month before E3 is telling. Keeping the real big gun(s) for the show, such as BGS's next game.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It was literally a poor-man's Borderland. Essentially Borderland, take away the cool art style and replace it with the initial generic one it was announced with, strip out all of the fun, strip out the procedurally generated weapons (i.e. the fun) and launch it under the premise of a new-fandangled "megatexture" technology that in reality didn't make the game look all that great in the end.
This post is bad and you should feel bad for posting it.

Gearbox doesn't have ownership of blatant Mad Max rip offs. If that was the case then maybe they should be getting some sweet fallout dosh to ease Randy's butthurt about all the bombs he's been putting out lately.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get motion sick in games.
RAGE made me motion sick as hell. Hopefully I can actually play this one.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

is that you Randy Pitchford

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
RAGE was an exceptional game with the highlight being the excellent combat. It had fun factor and visual appeal, but the second half of the game was pretty lackluster, especially the final level. The wasteland was very underutilized and only served as sort of a hub for the vehicle combat. I'm excited to see what the tone of RAGE 2 will be like and if it's a direct sequel or more of a soft reboot. I thought the first game had some interesting story material.

Enzo88

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
First one had a lot of untapped potential, hopefully they capitalize on it.
The main problem was quest variety.

Last edited:

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4/XBO)
Just Cause 4
Splinter Cell
Dragon Quest 2 (PS4/XBO) (likely builders)
LEGO DC Villans
Borderlands 3
Rage 2
Gears of War 5
Forza Horizons 5
Assassin's Creed
Metroid Prime 4
Destiny: Comet DLC
Damn. Have I been playing Forza Horizon 3 for so long that I completely skipped 4?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
HOW? WHY?

Rage was OK[ish], but it came and went in a second. Many regard it as a failore, though it was all-around solid [and kinda uneventful] shooter.

If this is true, hopefully the unveil will be great. It would be nice to see iDtech 6 optimized for openworld[ish] gameplay.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

borderlands isnt a good game either though, the humor or whats meant to be humor isnt the jokes are dire. the billions of loot guns is a silly appaorach to things when in reality your only looking for a few odd stats that millions of loot turns into what every rpg suffers from looking for one or two specific items with right stats.

the gunplay of rage is bar none,

no1

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 27, 2018
RAGE was an exceptional game with the highlight being the excellent combat. It had fun factor and visual appeal, but the second half of the game was pretty lackluster, especially the final level. The wasteland was very underutilized and only served as sort of a hub for the vehicle combat. I'm excited to see what the tone of RAGE 2 will be like and if it's a direct sequel or more of a soft reboot. I thought the first game had some interesting story material.
I feel like RAGE in a Mad Max game styled situation would work pretty good except a bit less barren, and a bit more polluted with stuff to do. Could see that working out well.