Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
So... what are the chances we can get Walmart Canada to speculate about The Evil Within 3?

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay footage is a must. Some are apprehensive about this a new RAGE, I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with it!

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
More DOOM would be infinitely better than Id doing hitscan enemies, missions and car combat.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
This post is bad and you should feel bad for posting it.

Gearbox doesn't have ownership of blatant Mad Max rip offs. If that was the case then maybe they should be getting some sweet fallout dosh to ease Randy's butthurt about all the bombs he's been putting out lately.

Why should I feel bad for having an opinion just because it differs from your own?

The rest of your post means literally nothing to me. I don't care three shits about Randy Pitchford or Gearbox. All I know is that as a gamer I enjoyed the fist two Borderlands games (alongside over 7m other gamers), whereas Rage literally bored me to sleep.

It was the most dull game I spent actual money on last gen. It had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

is that you Randy Pitchford

Oh, so you someone enjoying a game means that they must be the CEO of the game's development studio, right?

Sorry, but I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this.

borderlands isnt a good game either though, the humor or whats meant to be humor isnt the jokes are dire. the billions of loot guns is a silly appaorach to things when in reality your only looking for a few odd stats that millions of loot turns into what every rpg suffers from looking for one or two specific items with right stats.

the gunplay of rage is bar none,

According to you. I don't really care about your opinion of the games though. I was clearly speaking from my perspective on my experience with the games. I'm not arrogant enough to presume my personal opinion represents a factual consensus.

Also, I found Rage's gunplay to be the most dull aspect of the game, bar none.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Enjoyed bits of the first game, so hopefully they can really improve on those areas.

I really thought this was just gonna be one of those PS3/360 IP's that would be left to die, cool bethesdas giving it a chance.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm quite excited for this hopefully it can get some of that Doom (2016) magic. I'm not a huge FPS fan but I really enjoyed Doom's campaign so I really hope this is good, I didn't really like the first game but we shall see. Out of curiosity because it's being brought up a lot what was in the WalMart leak again?

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
We have reason to believe it's not id developing this. Speculation was Rebellion Developments (Sniper Elite devs). Id is most likely working on Doom 2, which may or may not be revealed at E3.
Good news. Overwhelmingly good for the sake of more DOOM, but also for this title, the original didn't quite hit the mark and another developer might get more out of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I wonder if they're showing it now due to the leaks and they would have showed it at E3 otherwise
Nah, this was one of the pre-E3 games they and other studios have. Plus Bethesda have other things they are holding off for E3.

So they basically took the leak and are getting control of the discourse instead of pretending it didn't happen like everyone else.
Well, the leak happened just before the intended reveal, so I think they just rolled with it in a very fun manner. Their twitter header/avatar is amazing:

DcxlTc3XkAEwJPn.jpg

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
So the reveal trailer tomorrow and more thorough explanation of the game + gameplay at E3? I was looking at videos of the first game and it's color palette sure is brown. I hope that pop of pink in the marketing means it will be more colorful.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bethesda apparently don't want to break the cycle of bombas they currently have going on at the moment.

I honestly thought the rage 2 rumours were a joke.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have reason to believe it's not id developing this. Speculation was Rebellion Developments (Sniper Elite devs). Id is most likely working on Doom 2, which may or may not be revealed at E3.

There is no actual evidence though that it's not id developing it is there ? I mean Rebellion replying to one of Bethesdas tweets in regards to RAGE isn't really an indicator of anything at all, especially when Codemasters also replied. They are also working on their own game Strange Brigade at the minute as well which is due out in August.

I am legit excited for Rage 2 though if it's true, first one's fantastic so role on a sequel.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've heard (which is nothing), RAGE 2 is actually the canceled Prey 2 retrofitted into the RAGE universe. Nothing more.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I Think MS has The marketing right For Rage 2

Since they Use XBox one Cover in their Twitter account

Edit: I guess I was Just a joke And Doesn't IF he Use Xbox or PS Cover

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see it! I may have never played the first Rage but Bethesda as a publisher been killing it all generation. Anything they announce is instantly on my radar.

Nov 8, 2017
There is no actual evidence though that it's not id developing it is there ? I mean Rebellion replying to one of Bethesdas tweets in regards to RAGE isn't really an indicator of anything at all, especially when Codemasters also replied. They are also working on their own game Strange Brigade at the minute as well which is due out in August.

I am legit excited for Rage 2 though if it's true, first one's fantastic so role on a sequel.

Nothing rock solid, it's just that we already had Randy teasing Doom 2 prior to the event, and in order for them to have two games out soon, one of them is most likely handled by an external studio. Every Bethesda studio is accounted for and Doom is a bigger/more important property than Rage, so unless id Software Germany was much larger than previously believed (basically just a support studio, not intended to develop large games by itself), it seems unlikely that it's an internal studio on Rage. I mean it actually isn't impossible that it's id doing Rage while someone else is handling Doom 2, but I think that's not super likely.

As far as external studios, Rebellion is a fairly solid candidate. They're a sizeable independent studio (there are not many of these left in general), and their only announced games that haven't released are fairly modest in scope. You mention codemasters and I wouldn't rule them out either, although they did release 3 games last year and have one on the radar this year.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why should I feel bad for having an opinion just because it differs from your own?

The rest of your post means literally nothing to me. I don't care three shits about Randy Pitchford or Gearbox. All I know is that as a gamer I enjoyed the fist two Borderlands games (alongside over 7m other gamers), whereas Rage literally bored me to sleep.

It was the most dull game I spent actual money on last gen. It had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Oh, so you someone enjoying a game means that they must be the CEO of the game's development studio, right?

Sorry, but I can't roll my eyes hard enough at this.

According to you. I don't really care about your opinion of the games though. I was clearly speaking from my perspective on my experience with the games. I'm not arrogant enough to presume my personal opinion represents a factual consensus.

Also, I found Rage's gunplay to be the most dull aspect of the game, bar none.
Because your argument was not "I like borderlands more than rage", it was basically "well gearbox ripped off mad max first!", which isn't even true because Rage was announced before borderlands anyways.

If you like borderlands more, good for you. Just don't spout bullshit to back you up.

I still can't even believe we're having this idiotic argument in 2018. The borderlands v rage debate was dumb as shit in 2011 and it's dumb as shit now.

Deleted member 1777

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing rock solid, it's just that we already had Randy teasing Doom 2 prior to the event, and in order for them to have two games out soon, one of them is most likely handled by an external studio. Every Bethesda studio is accounted for and Doom is a bigger/more important property than Rage, so unless id Software Germany was much larger than previously believed (basically just a support studio, not intended to develop large games by itself), it seems unlikely that it's an internal studio on Rage. I mean it actually isn't impossible that it's id doing Rage while someone else is handling Doom 2, but I think that's not super likely.

As far as external studios, Rebellion is a fairly solid candidate. They're a sizeable independent studio (there are not many of these left in general), and their only announced games that haven't released are fairly modest in scope. You mention codemasters and I wouldn't rule them out either, although they did release 3 games last year and have one on the radar this year.

I mean, I like Rebellion and genuinely like the Sniper Elite and Zombie Army games a lot (even their latest AvP game I loved a lot) but one of the main reasons I loved RAGE was ids gunplay which I thought was stellar. If it's not them doing that then.......hmm. Still id is something like around 250 people strong these days I could see them handling 2 games.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely interested . Throw in a remaster of the first one as a preorder and I would jump in day 1 .

Look forward to seeing the new reveal.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Never played the 1st game, but always excited for new game trailers and seeing as the first game is BC on Xbox 1 I might just pick it up if the trailer wins me over.