Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any inkling who will head the second BGS project? Would it be someone with a long history at the studio like Emil Pagliarulo, or do you think they'll bring in an experienced director to try something a little different with the formula?
I get the sense that they're making them sequentially.

Like, they used to have 5-10 people on their next game while making their current game (for example, having 5-10 people work on Skyrim while Fallout 3 was still in production), and given they've said the second game is still in pre-production, I imagine the same is happening here.

As such, I imagine Todd Howard is still leading it up.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
RAGE had like two or three things going for it but it is not a good game by any stretch of the imagination.

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
How good is the first game compared to Doom (2016)?

To be perfectly honest I thought the first game was quite excellent and amongst the best games id Software has ever produced. An underrated gem IMO. Doom 2016 is vastly superior but Rage is also solid. Unfinished perhaps, and the ending (or lack thereof) is a critical flaw, but the shooting mechanics are fantastic and it's a surprisingly well-designed and realised world and the light RPG elements make it super addictive. A good game, though probably falls short of being a great one. So count me in as someone that'd be beyond interested in a sequel.

Do we have an ETA on the trailer? Or is it just dropping at a random time on the 14th?

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
i hope that throw in the 1st RAGE as a compliment for free.

Also, if RAGE can have a sequel, why not a new Commander Keen or Shadowcaster too?

Oct 27, 2017
The original RAGE was fucking terrible. I tried several times to get into it but it never felt fun or clicked in any way.

That said, Bethesda has killed it with single-player FPS lately so who knows?

Wetworks

Dec 22, 2017
There is no actual evidence though that it's not id developing it is there ? I mean Rebellion replying to one of Bethesdas tweets in regards to RAGE isn't really an indicator of anything at all, especially when Codemasters also replied. They are also working on their own game Strange Brigade at the minute as well which is due out in August.

It's possible that both Codemasters and Rebellion are working on Rage 2. Codemasters is known for the Dirt, F1 and Grid series which makes them perfect to do the driving and racing sections of Rage 2. Rebellion could be assisting with Id to make the rest of the game.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I bought RAGE for like £2.50 and it was OK, the shooting needs to be improved, though.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Rage was close to being something special. Here's hoping the sequel continues with the ground work laid down by the first but dialing it all in while cranking it up to 11.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't even remember playing that game now. Just some flashes of that 1 horror City we had to pass through, the car ride, the ending video and "pick up the can" half life(?) Reference.

I bet they will just call it RAGE, not rage 2

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I wonder if we will see a Rage remaster or port to current gen consoles. I liked the game back in the day but I remember hating the ending, or at least what ending there was.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Bethesda's track record lately is pretty good. If they're making this, there must be a reason for it.

I apparently platinum'd Rage and remember next to nothing about it. They also sold DLC for it which I also have no recollection of.

Oct 25, 2017
Since I've been replaying Rage, I've noticed one thing: it takes itself surprisingly seriously. There's some humor, for sure, but it's far closer to that Fallout world than, say, Borderlands'.

The stuff that's been coming out about Rage 2, so far, is giving me more Borderlands vibes than anything else. I wonder if they'll be dialing back the seriousness of the game, adding 4 player Coop, and just doing a sort of Borderlands in London take. Might actually go well and give BL3 a little competition if they do.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Rage had pretty fun gameplay but the world and characters felt lifeless, if they can improve that in the sequel then it could be a great game.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Since I've been replaying Rage, I've noticed one thing: it takes itself surprisingly seriously. There's some humor, for sure, but it's far closer to that Fallout world than, say, Borderlands'.

The stuff that's been coming out about Rage 2, so far, is giving me more Borderlands vibes than anything else. I wonder if they'll be dialing back the seriousness of the game, adding 4 player Coop, and just doing a sort of Borderlands in London take. Might actually go well and give BL3 a little competition if they do.
I hope they do that

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to be incredible - the first game looked amazing (mostly) for its time - can't even imagine how sick this will be, visually.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Rage but felt it could have had a better ending. I hope they had a more cohesive experience to go along with the graphics and shooting.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Given the Fallout 3 and Skyrim production details, this definitely makes sense. I was just assuming that if they were aiming for closer releases, like when Arkane became a two project studio in 2013 and released their games basically half-a-year apart, they might split the leadership duties.
Right. I don't think they actually split up here though. Montreal does mobile development and assists the main branch, and Battlecry was only converted to be part of Bethesda proper a few months ago, but I think their previous game was canceled to do so.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
The things that excite me more than anything are getting to see RAGE with dynamic lighting and (maybe) textures that don't look like complete shit.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
What a bizarre turn of events.

I mean, sure, I'll spare a glance for a Mad Max ripoff shooter, it could be fun.

But it's completely out of the blue. Who was asking for this?

Should I expect to hear that there are sequels on the way for Overstrike, Remember Me and Brink?

Last edited:

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Am I the only one that would be disappointed if they just go the Borderlands style of over the type action/crude humor instead of going for a more serious post apoc game?

Would much rather have it be more like Mad Max than Borderlands.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Because your argument was not "I like borderlands more than rage", it was basically "well gearbox ripped off mad max first!", which isn't even true because Rage was announced before borderlands anyways.

If you like borderlands more, good for you. Just don't spout bullshit to back you up.

I still can't even believe we're having this idiotic argument in 2018. The borderlands v rage debate was dumb as shit in 2011 and it's dumb as shit now.

No, that's your poor interpretation of my argument. That's a straw man and not what I said. If you wanna bark at the moon and argue strawmen then have at ya, but don't try and tell me what my argument was when I know damned well what I was arguing.

Regardless of what reasoning I give, I'm perfectly entitled as much as you to express my opinion on a game as everyone does. No need to get triggered by it or try to censor other people's opinions merely because you don't like what they were saying.... ffs

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I feel bad for the developer basically having their hand forced by Walmart Canada to go ahead and announce this game. They were probably planning on an E3 reveal. Ah well

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this looks like Bethesda is trying to pull a Gobots to get sales from confused parents when they buy Borderlands 3

well, I hope the gameplay is good

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for the developer basically having their hand forced by Walmart Canada to go ahead and announce this game. They were probably planning on an E3 reveal. Ah well

Honestly I don't really feel like they dropped this because of the Wal Mart leak. I mean, timing is suspicious, of course, but think about how clobbered this would get -- even at their own conference. Starfield, Doom 2, Possibly a new Fallout? Wise to just get it out there.

edit: Also with all these ads popping up, does this mean a proper reveal trailer within the hour?

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

I think this worked in their favor. Next battlefield is unveiling May 23rd, Call of Duty is unveiling May 17th, this is wise to kickoff Pre-E3 games.

Man, I really don't like the vibe of this ad. It honestly grosses me out a bit.

Are these teasers giving you RAGE?

AldzDrakul

Oct 28, 2017
damn....this is actually a big change from the browny Rage 1 atmosphere lol

I think it's like rage but more color now.....adding a bit more humor too and other things.....like Borderlands? O;

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised at how punk this looks. Like, Rage 1 has a kind of futuristic / sci-fi meets wild west feel, and this, tonally... is very different. Channeling Borderlands for sure.