Oct 28, 2017
The absolute crazy thing is I was pondering the other night what new game Bethesda could show at e3 and somehow I thought rage 2 could possibly happen. Just a random out of the blue prediction days before the whole Walmart leak.

So I was extremely shocked to read that. I was like, "did I actually will it into existence just by thinking of it?".

It creeped me out a little to be honest.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
borderlands isnt a good game either though, the humor or whats meant to be humor isnt the jokes are dire. the billions of loot guns is a silly appaorach to things when in reality your only looking for a few odd stats that millions of loot turns into what every rpg suffers from looking for one or two specific items with right stats.

the gunplay of rage is bar none,
I mean the point of that all is that both Rage and Borderlands are not the same game and were not trying the same thing. Borderlands is basically Diablo with guns. Rage is basically trying to be a shooter that you could do some light questing in with some buggy driving in between levels.

To call Rage a borderlands rip off just because both id and gearbox blatantly ripped off Mad Max is sort of missing the point that everyone and their dog has been ripping off Mad Max for literally decades now.

It's like going into the Hokuto ga Gotoku thread and complaining at Sega because Fist of the North Star ripped off borderlands. Like, what?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Really weird to see this happening. I did enjoy my time with Rage, but it's not exactly something I was begging for a sequel.

Since Bethesda is into funding unlikely sequels, GIVE ME WET 2.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah yeah, Rage 2, cool. Evidence for Metroid Prime and Borderlands at E3, baby!

A miserable pile of leaks
giphy.gif

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking loved Rage. I loved the world, atmosphere and especially the weapons, gunplay, hit reactions and that boomerang thing.

What I liked less about Rage was the very limited open world and abrupt ending. I saved the BFG for the upcoming boss battles that apparently didn't come, heh. I even liked the racing to some extent. It was rather easy.

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for straight up Apocalypunk. If it's true that Rebellion are developing this, There's gonna be some HUGE inspiration from 2000AD.

EDIT: actually, Fuck it, I'm gonna predict this right now: This is gonna be the Strontium Dog game you never knew you wanted.

Last edited:

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how pissed the other publishers are at Bethesda for confirming the leaks, way to throw em under the bus.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I remember being so hyped for this from the game informer preview years before it released. It didn't live up to that but maybe this one will.

They are totally going to remaster the first Rage now, aren't they?

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I remember a while back the protag's name in RAGE was found in some Quake Champions code. Always thought it was weird that they'd add him to QC considering how badly the game was received but looking back I guess it was just foreshadowing what would come to pass. The code also listed Commander Keen so I'm wondering he'll be brought back in some fashion as well.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
But why tomorrow and not during E3?
I doubt they care enough about the walmart leak to rush Rage 2's announcement because of it.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These games showing up in the database only indicates that they will be pre-orderable soon and not that they will release soon.

Feb 8, 2018
Absolutely need to mention that I love their decision to name it TWO. How many older franchises with a successor for this gen have been named properly instead of going the reboot route of just naming it without a god damn number as if no such game existed before? Final Fantasy Far Cry RDR and Fallout are the ones I can think of.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we know what's shaking down for part of E3 now. What an unprecedented turn of events, haha

Pilgore

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Part of me feels like this is a giant red herring. No one knew about Rage 2 before that Walmart leak. After the leak, Bethesda supposedly started rolling with it, starting with teasing stuff on their twitter feeds, which they had at the ready anyway?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
7vZWWC1.gif

Oct 25, 2017
HOW? WHY?

Rage was OK[ish], but it came and went in a second. Many regard it as a failore, though it was all-around solid [and kinda uneventful] shooter.

If this is true, hopefully the unveil will be great. It would be nice to see iDtech 6 optimized for openworld[ish] gameplay.
Best guess is that whoever the dev is, they probably built a prototype and impressed Bethesda enough to warrant the sequel.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What do you guys think: Fall 2018 or first half 2019?

Also, does this affect the possibility of Starfield releasing this year?

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Really really awesome I'm sorry excited but I really wish they saved it for E3, I hope their plans weren't changed because of the leaks because Rage 2 would've been crazy for me at E3 I hate leaks.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Really really awesome I'm super excited but I really wish they saved it for E3, I hope their plans weren't changed because of the leaks because Rage 2 would've been crazy for me at E3 I hate leaks.

Last edited:

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really really awesome I'm sorry excited but I really wish they saved it for E3, I hope their plans weren't changed because of the leaks because Rage 2 would've been crazy for me at E3 I hate leaks.
yeah, Bethesda was probably saving this as their 'OH SHIT' announcement for E3 but since Walmart Canada screwed that up they just went 'whatever we still have Prey and TEW expansions to show'