• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has preferred OTS RE games over the old style I am all for it

Especially if they can give them similar treatment that they are giving RE2 Remake

I don't buy the whole lost art angle

I went back and played RE1 and I gotta tell ya.... I do not miss fixed camera in the slightest and you can make games just as memorable and artistically striking in the OTS perspective

Sorry I just dont see it as anything other than a nostalgic relic thats interesting to look back on

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Expecting that to be a mod at some point.
You know what else would be interesting: new games.

If you're gonna spend millions of dollars in a RE game with photorealistic graphics please make new ones at least
rW9hE8S.png

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Over the shoulder controls would work beautiful in a RE3make. In fact, a more open world/metroidvania interpretation of Resi 3's Raccoon City mixed with good third person combat would be fucking rad.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
OTS Nemesis fucking shit up would he incredible, yes. RE3 practically used most of RE2s assets for the city, just do a standalone expansion ala Xenoblade 2 for it.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
OTS Nemesis fucking shit up would he incredible, yes. RE3 practically used most of RE2s assets for the city, just do a standalone expansion ala Xenoblade 2 for it.

I reused assets from none of the streets and one location with the bare minimum of locales assets from the Police station.

This has to stop sometime.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
So strange though. Why cant we have fixed cameras. When I play RE2 I'm not like ohh, I wish this had OTS camera instead.

I think there should be an option for the fans who want it.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What? RE2 assets were like 2% of RE3.

They'd have to model Downtown Raccoon city, Uptown Raccoon City (with the indoors), City Hall, Cable Car Station, Hospital, Clock Tower, Factory, among other areas from scratch.

Last edited:

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
No, fixed camera angles is a lost art. It helps create and establish very specific moods. Just think of how iconic and mood-setting the camera work in Silent Hill 1's prologue was.

Fixed camera angles were unfortunately made extinct by the push to openworld and less linear games. Now over-the-shoulder is such a boring and trite convention that makes almost all games look similar from a visual-aesthetic perspective.

I miss fixed camera angles :'-(

Oddly enough i think the opposite in which many fixed camera games begin to blend together, and at times appear static.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck right off. It'd be interesting if you provided fixed camera versions of your over the shoulder games. You could do it with, say... REmake 2 for starters. For fucks sake.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I think the easy way would be for Capcom to have a videomessage next year with "thanks for X sales of RE2 Remake"
And then the e changes to 3!
"we will do it!"

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Fuck right off. It'd be interesting if you provided fixed camera versions of your over the shoulder games. You could do it with, say... REmake 2 for starters. For fucks sake.

Why would they waste time and money doing that? The hype for RE2 is thru the roof because of how it looks and plays with OTS aiming.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
What an aweful opinion.

The fixed camera view is one reason that makes games like Resident Evil athomospheric and scary.

Some of Capcom's producers just suck. Opinions like that are a reason why I lost interest in Capcom a long time ago.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
What an aweful opinion.

The fixed camera view is one reason that makes games like Resident Evil athomospheric and scary.

Some of Capcom's producers just suck. Opinions like that are a reason why I lost interest in Capcom a long time ago.

Oh no. DMCV and RE2 are gonna bomb now for sure, and MHW was a sales disaster earlier this year.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The priority after RE2 is Dino Crisis. Then they can do RE3, RE1, C:V and RE0.

Yes, I want them to reremake RE1. Fuck you.

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
No, fixed camera angles is a lost art. It helps create and establish very specific moods. Just think of how iconic and mood-setting the camera work in Silent Hill 1's prologue was.

Fixed camera angles were unfortunately made extinct by the push to openworld and less linear games. Now over-the-shoulder is such a boring and trite convention that makes almost all games look similar from a visual-aesthetic perspective.

I miss fixed camera angles :'-(
I feel you but it is what it is at this point.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Fixed camera is literal trash and I would play the fuck out of all of these if they did OTS, including Onimusha and Dino Crisis. Just thinking about it makes me giddy.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Would make RE7 more enjoyable for me personally. Should be a default though. Kinda like GTA5 and RDR2. You can either chose to play in OTS or Fixed or jump between both. I think that's the best median. Sure there may be some challenges in regards to creating fear/tension depending on the camera, but i think it's possible.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
They should reword this to saying they'd do full 3D versions. Cuz I wouldn't want a DMC1 OTS remake or an Onimusha OTS remake. But I'd want full 3D remakes.

But yeah, fixed camera sucks. So I like the general idea.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
RE3 Remake with a touch of Dark Souls 1 level design would be godly.
I always thought RE3 could have used a lot more verticality. and pen areas. You hit up the second floor of the RPD, the hospital, and optionally hit up the news place, but imagine they popped in a whole section like the rooftops in Outbreak or Allowing you a few vista's of the burning/ruined city.

The one downside of the fixed cameras is, outside of Outbreak, we never really got any fancy views of Raccoon city. I would love to see them incorporate this into the R3make.

Stuff like this:
fOWFB0.png

x81q6x.jpg

HRA5Q2.png

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought RE3 could have used a lot more verticality. and pen areas. You hit up the second floor of the RPD, the hospital, and optionally hit up the news place, but imagine they popped in a whole section like the rooftops in Outbreak or Allowing you a few vista's of the burning/ruined city.

The one downside of the fixed cameras is, outside of Outbreak, we never really got any fancy views of Raccoon city. I would love to see them incorporate this into the R3make.

Stuff like this:
fOWFB0.png

x81q6x.jpg

HRA5Q2.png

100%. We never even got a view of the Racoon City skyline. The only time I've seen it was in 1.5.