• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. The theory that his Happy Maddison company is just a front for him to acquire easy vacations and checks for himself and his friends is pretty straightforward.
i can say with near certainty that this isn't just a theory. he spent a week at a local waterpark and a friend of mine got up early on one of the shoot days to be an extra. he got to meet Sandler and talk to him for a few minutes, and asked him how he ended up at that park specifically. he said Sandler basically said it was nice to get paid to go to Cape Cod for a week in July lol. also said that Sandler was very friendly. he might have been bullshitting of course, but personality wise he was closer to the type who would actually go see that kind of movie than to rag on it on the internet so i buy it

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so a movie and a tv show?

lucasfilm is getting the axe
I don't think that's a red flag. Disney partners have their own unique identity, but they help each other out all the time, apparently.

Like, when Disney bought Pixar, Disney was in the process of converting into becoming a 3D animation studio, but they were having some troubles with it. But as soon as Disney bought Pixar, a bunch of Pixar animators hopped over to Disney and spent hundreds of man-hours giving the Disney people the benefit of their experience, showing them how to solve certain problems, and helping them out with the heavy-lifting to meet their deadlines (before going back to Pixar, and letting Disney do their own thing).

After Disney bought Marvel, famed Disney composer Alan Menkin hopped across the fence and helped put together the "Star Spangled Man" musical segment from Captain America: The First Avenger.

Disney+ is a huge undertaking, so it shouldn't be surprising to see Lucasfilm's and Marvel's TV divisions teaming up to tackle one of the many things on their plates.

knightmarre

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I really like the nerd crew series but this last one was terrible.

The nerd box vs geek crate episode is still the best thing on youtube.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I don't think that's a red flag. Disney partners have their own unique identity, but they help each other out all the time, apparently.

Like, when Disney bought Pixar, Disney was in the process of converting into becoming a 3D animation studio, but they were having some troubles with it. But as soon as Disney bought Pixar, a bunch of Pixar animators hopped over to Disney and spent hundreds of man-hours giving the Disney people the benefit of their experience, showing them how to solve certain problems, and helping them out with the heavy-lifting to meet their deadlines (before going back to Pixar, and letting Disney do their own thing).

After Disney bought Marvel, famed Disney composer Alan Menkin hopped across the fence and helped put together the "Star Spangled Man" musical segment from Captain America: The First Avenger.

Disney+ is a huge undertaking, so it shouldn't be surprising to see Lucasfilm's and Marvel's TV divisions teaming up to tackle one of the many things on their plates.

i suppose so, but i see this more as Lucasfilm losing control over their franchises. Like, they can't hire their own help to do whatever it is Marvel is stepping in to do?

I sort of look at it like branches of government. Separate but equal until they're not. I would not say in-house Disney animation has as much sway or power as the others and would look at them like a puppet of Pixar at this point.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wat up you all sexist bigots! Atleast thats what i get from that thread if you like RLM TLJ review. I think these people have more to do with being butthurt about them hating TLJ than actual cause for feminism. These guys were the same ones jumping at boyega on those two threads. Just read some their posts from those thread lol.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Wat up you all sexist bigots! Atleast thats what i get from that thread if you like RLM TLJ review. I think these people have more to do with being butthurt about them hating TLJ than actual cause for feminism. These guys were the same ones jumping at boyega on those two threads. Just read some their posts from those thread lol.

they needed a win after that big L, i guess

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean they just had Patton Oswalt on, who is pretty much as opposite to the alt-right as you can get, but sure, they're all sexist Nazis and so are we for enjoying them.

Try not to let those people bother you. All those threads are good for anymore is adding more people to your ignore list.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate disingenuous bad-faith criticisms of TLJ based on nothing just as much as the next guy but RLM's TLJ reviews aren't even that bad on that front so it mystifies me why people get so up in arms about it.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
Ok - this Nerd Crew vid had me laughing pretty hard with the kid marketing/baby yoda bits.

"Cry for help" charity bit also got me. Those box of socks...wtf...

Last edited:

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
I really like the new Star Wars movies and I find RLM funny. I agree that they've said dumb stuff in the past but they never repeat it once it's clear they're in the wrong. That's why I find their Brie Larson thing so weird, they were both big fans of Room so I don't get why some out of context quotes annoyed them so much.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Sith trooper, lol. I know the thing is real, but they're not really going to be force-using troopers right?

edit: ok the toaster bit was amazing

Last edited:

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe that's how the stormtroopers fly now - they're using Force powers like Leia did when she "flew" back to the ship in TLJ.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It seems like it's really only rich they hate

How can anyone hate this man?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I remember when the first episode of The Nerd Crew came, and I thought (before clicking) that it was an actual podcast with them. What we got instead was pretty good even though it's entering dead horse territory now. I still want a real podcast.

The most wholesome content is Re:View and HitB when they disagree with eachother. I always assumed a podcast would be an extension of that, but they clearly aren't interested in that.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I don't but hes the biggest issue for people in the OT thread . Jack josh jay are pretty safe and mike can be edgy but he doesn't really mean it. Rich is that one guy you have who just doesn't give a fuck and might say some not exactly politically correct things

Well I love him. I think he works really well in the ensemble, especially when paired with Mike.