• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Random question, but anyone have the link to that twitter clip of Claire shooting a zombie until she yells out a really convincing "WHAT THE FUCK!"? Wanted to show it to a friend, but I cannot for the life of me remember what thread on here I saw it posted in.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It's because a lot of the points raised are outright bizarre. RE2 portrays our heroes as compassionate as they can be. Leon and Claire both want to save Marvin. Leon takes a bullet for Ada, Claire spends the entire game helping Sherry.

The police station is an unsafe haven for people of color... yeah, I don't think that applies during a zombie outbreak. It's us, the human race, versus them, the zombies. I don't think racism would be as prevalent in the fictionalized scenario the game paints for us. In addition to that, it's not like the game makes it a point to show the RPD is all sunshine and rainbows, as the chief is a vile, corrupt human being under the thumb of Umbrella. That, and Marvin, a POC police lieutenant, is one of the most human, most competent officers in the station, holding out longer than anyone else. There's certainly a place for social commentary in narrative driven games, but Resident Evil has never been about that, so it's a clear cut case of over-analysis here, in my opinion.

She then claims she wants to examine food packages at the gas station, like in Life is Strange... but this is a survival horror game where our main characters are just trying to make it through the night, not aimlessly read soup can labels?

Then the remorse about looting the first aid sprays and stuff, when there are no signs of human life in the entire station, Marvin aside. The place is a zombie and Licker infested hellhole, and from what we're inclined to believe, so is the rest of Raccoon City.

For the cherry on top, she complains about game logic, like using an herb to heal wounds. I can't take that criticism seriously, it's the ultimate reach.

okay, i read the article. & i'd say that actual title of it should be: 'i wish resident evil 2 was an almost completely different game' :) ...

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Returned to it after a couple of days and got it after a a few tries thankfully!

Bit of luck involved but it's not too bad, actually. I did shoot 270 handgun bullets but it's more about maintaining the Trophy completion than it is getting the Gunslinger record.

Great job man. Yeah, the Gunslinger record was not worth the headache.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Help! I'm locked in a nightmare scenario.

No supplies other than a handgun and ammo, trapped in the electronic locker room, with Mr.X and a Licker waiting outside.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Help! I'm locked in a nightmare scenario.

No supplies other than a handgun and ammo, trapped in the electronic locker room, with Mr.X and a Licker waiting outside.
Let Mr X in and follow you in the back of the room, run away from him while he's back there. Start walking as soon as you get to the door. Start walking (so the licker won't attack) to the darkroom and then start running at the end if Mr X catches back up

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Let Mr X in and follow you in the back of the room, run away from him while he's back there. Start walking as soon as you get to the door. Start walking (so the licker won't attack) to the darkroom and then start running at the end if Mr X catches back up

That worked, though Mr.X and the licker were so close to the door that I barely had any time to run away.

Dec 6, 2017
US
G2 on Hardcore is kicking my fucking ass and I had him down to a cakewalk, beating him with 2 stun grenades only reliably (Edit: on Normal I mean). I wanted to bite my controller last night after four attempts.

It feels like he's a lot faster but I have no idea if that's just my imagination? I'm really feeling the pain of not being able to even mildly dodge/move faster than a lazy jog.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
Had a situation where I was standing in front of the door for the Clock Tower room waiting for Mr. X to leave. I hear his footsteps stop for a while (like 5 seconds) so I step out and he is waiting in front of the door and immediately clocks me in the face.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Played for the first time last week and did Leon A / Claire B. Just went through and did Leon A again to get my first S+

As a massive RE fan, game was a blast - so many fond memories of RE2 and so much care went into this remake.

I wish the music was a little more prominent however. Watching Youtube clips of RE 1.5 / original 2... it brings on so much dread and really ups the tension at least for me personally. I didn't really notice the Remake music outside of Mr X's chase theme.

Think I'm going to have to purchase the OST for my future hardcore runs.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
This part of RPD, with X + new enemies, is the hardest part of the game imo

Lickers just force you to play so differently, and when you add the terrifying X to the mix who can show up at the worst of times it doesn't make things any easier.
Also, I'm a masochist who's playing on hardcore for my first run.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
G2 on Hardcore is kicking my fucking ass and I had him down to a cakewalk, beating him with 2 stun grenades only reliably (Edit: on Normal I mean). I wanted to bite my controller last night after four attempts.

It feels like he's a lot faster but I have no idea if that's just my imagination? I'm really feeling the pain of not being able to even mildly dodge/move faster than a lazy jog.
I had no problem with Leon HC but he fucking wrecked me like 5 times on Claire. I just kept getting trapped in the corner by the crane controls, it was so annoying. Or he would become downed from the DOT from the flame rounds in a bad spot. He does seem a little more aggressive.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I had no problem with Leon HC but he fucking wrecked me like 5 times on Claire. I just kept getting trapped in the corner by the crane controls, it was so annoying. Or he would become downed from the DOT from the flame rounds in a bad spot. He does seem a little more aggressive.

My former strategy hasn't worked in like four tries and it was pissing me off royally, what a dick! I kept getting nailed by the crate myself because he'd catch me right as I was trying to stun him, trapping me in its path basically.

I was going to go for it again this morning before work but was totally deflated and even looking at the my PS4 made me groan haha...

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Question, I cleared Leon A on Hardcore and found the challenge fair. Is it difficult to S-Rank Leon A on Standard Difficulty?

I've been playing since RE1 '96 but never attempted a speed run before.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
What do you do as Tofu when there are zombies on the stairs, particularly right after the courtyard? I keep getting there but I guess defense items don't work on stairs and I get wrecked. I tried waiting for the zombie at the bottom of the first flight down to come up but if I do that then some of them that I ran past in the courtyard catch up to me. I guess the solution is just get to this area with more health but I thought I'd still ask if anyone has tips for zombies on goddamn stairs.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
okay, i read the article. & i'd say that actual title of it should be: 'i wish resident evil 2 was an almost completely different game' :) ...

While not a great way to judge art, art should inspire people to want to see and do new things. I'm sure if that article was framed differently it would have been less controversially recieved. But it would also get less attention.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
What do you do as Tofu when there are zombies on the stairs, particularly right after the courtyard? I keep getting there but I guess defense items don't work on stairs and I get wrecked. I tried waiting for the zombie at the bottom of the first flight down to come up but if I do that then some of them that I ran past in the courtyard catch up to me. I guess the solution is just get to this area with more health but I thought I'd still ask if anyone has tips for zombies on goddamn stairs.

Luck perhaps? When I completed my Tofu run the first zombie at the bottom of the stairs was walking into the tunnel and not up the stairs for me, he didn't grab me.

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready to try my hardcore S+ runs when I get off of work later. Are there any tips or walkthroughs about what to avoid grabbing or wasting time to get?

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I made sure I had a little bit of health left. I may have been in caution when I got to those stairs. Thankfully, the bite animation is long, and you have some i-frames when the rest of the zombies try to converge on you. Once you get up, you could basically get through the rest of the way.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Finally got the Cat Ears by only firing 60 handgun bullets in the No Way Out scenario. Man at first it seemed extremely difficult and it is. But after beating the mode a couple times and really understanding the flow of it all it wasn't too hard in the end. Just had to execute it well and get lucky with the explosive tank enemies being in helpful spots. Pumped to use the Cat Ears in the DLC now and just have fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the game and only have a few issues with it. My biggest one is definitely the lack of gore on Leon and Claire. I was expecting some good stuff considering how gory the rest of the game is. Has this been discussed much? I'm sure it has with how big the thread is.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready to try my hardcore S+ runs when I get off of work later. Are there any tips or walkthroughs about what to avoid grabbing or wasting time to get?

There are some tips a few pages back but I'll reiterate what I did.

• A scenario is easier to S+.
  • You wanna have all three medallions within 30 minutes (in A scenario).
  • You wanna be at an item box in the sewers ideally in an hour, but 70 minutes won't ruin your run.
  • You wanna be in the lab at like 1:45 at the latest.
  • It's still worth getting the pouch in the office safe but the other two are optional, especially the one in the weapons locker. Each one of those will cost you around five minutes. The weapons locker one is only kinda worth it if you unlocked the door between the STARS office and the library in the early part of the game.
  • Claire doesn't need the SMG, but that pistol she gets from the trunk of the police car is worth it, especially with the ammo capacity upgrade.
  • Claire's grenade launcher upgrade isn't worth the inventory space it takes up.
  • Claire's spark gun is a good weapon but not really necessary.
  • Leon's entire arsenal is much more helpful to him, so it's still worth getting the magnum and flamethrower.
  • The shotgun upgrades are still worth it but you probably won't need to actually apply them until at least Birkin 2, maybe even not until Birkin 3.
  • Leon's magnum upgrades aren't worth the time and inventory space they take up.
  • Knife the shit out of Birkin 1 immediately as soon as the fight starts, it does enough damage to save a lot of ammo. It's possible to knife the whole fight but not necessary.
  • The best weapon against the G monsters in the sewers is fire, which stun-locks them so you can walk past them. Claire's grenade launcher makes that easy, but for Leon they're complicated until you get the flamethrower. Wait for them to whiff that big grab animation or use a defense weapon when they grab you, then try to walk past them. When they first emerge from the water you also have a bit of time to walk past them if there's enough space.
  • Kneecap zombies and then just run past them if you don't need to return to that room.
  • It's still worth taking the time to permanently kill all the zombies in the RPD west hallway and the library.
  • The 2nd Birkin fight is easier if you have some flash grenades saved up. Flash him and then shoot him some.
  • The 3rd Birkin fight is easier if you have a lot of acid rounds or shotgun shells saved up. In fact I pretty much only used those things on the Birkin fights, collecting and stocking them in-between. You can end up with like 30+ rounds by the time you hit Birkin 3.
  • Take into account what items you're going to get in-between each item box so you can have enough inventory space for important items without having to backtrack to item boxes. Sometimes you won't need to take a health item because there will be one on the way. A lot of the time you really just need to bring a pistol and one stack of bullets.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the game and only have a few issues with it. My biggest one is definitely the lack of gore on Leon and Claire. I was expecting some good stuff considering how gory the rest of the game is. Has this been discussed much? I'm sure it has with how big the thread is.

I put this complaint in to the Capcom survey. Mr. X should have been popping Leon & Claire's heads like a watermelon. The lickers could have done some major damage to their faces and/or torsos. Maybe it has something to do with the zombie damage, I don't know. Or since Japanese releases censor some violence, they thought it wasn't worth the effort.

Oct 25, 2017
I put this complaint in to the Capcom survey. Mr. X should have been popping Leon & Claire's heads like a watermelon. The lickers could have done some major damage to their faces and/or torsos. Maybe it has something to do with the zombie damage, I don't know. Or since Japanese releases censor some violence, they thought it wasn't worth the effort.
It's just weird because they started the game with a human getting ripped in half with his intestines all out and everything.

And the way they do Leon and Claire's deaths it really looks like they intended for some of them to be fucking brutal but decided not to. Oh well. RE4 still reigns supreme in this category.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having issues installing the Regina mod, I really wish instructions were a bit more clear on that, for example it says to extract the rar file in fluffy manager but if I do that it only sees the Regina mod but not the shotgun mod, I need to put that extra then fluffy manager sees it. So it's hard to know if I'm doing this right to begin with. The mod seemingly installs though and works except there is no prompt to crawl under the first shutter so the game is basically unplayable.

If I install only the Regina mod it works without issues, so it's the weapon mod that's messing it up.

I have no idea how to fix this though?

EDIT: fixed it, apparently I had to install the newest WIP version, I guess the new patch messed it all up. Everything's working as far I can tell.

Red hair should be Claire's default look however, looks so good!

And of course Regina has a shotgun, it's not cheating, just canonical correct. ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CRT Regina best =)
4png745rbl4.png

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I don't get is the A and B scenarios still don't match up.

Annette dies after shooting Ada in Leon's story but in Claire's, she dies after curing Sherry? Where's the consistency?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
There are some tips a few pages back but I'll reiterate what I did.

• A scenario is easier to S+.
  • You wanna have all three medallions within 30 minutes (in A scenario).
  • You wanna be at an item box in the sewers ideally in an hour, but 70 minutes won't ruin your run.
  • You wanna be in the lab at like 1:45 at the latest.
  • It's still worth getting the pouch in the office safe but the other two are optional, especially the one in the weapons locker. Each one of those will cost you around five minutes. The weapons locker one is only kinda worth it if you unlocked the door between the STARS office and the library in the early part of the game.
  • Claire doesn't need the SMG, but that pistol she gets from the trunk of the police car is worth it, especially with the ammo capacity upgrade.
  • Claire's grenade launcher upgrade isn't worth the inventory space it takes up.
  • Claire's spark gun is a good weapon but not really necessary.
  • Leon's entire arsenal is much more helpful to him, so it's still worth getting the magnum and flamethrower.
  • The shotgun upgrades are still worth it but you probably won't need to actually apply them until at least Birkin 2, maybe even not until Birkin 3.
  • Leon's magnum upgrades aren't worth the time and inventory space they take up.
  • Knife the shit out of Birkin 1 immediately as soon as the fight starts, it does enough damage to save a lot of ammo. It's possible to knife the whole fight but not necessary.
  • The best weapon against the G monsters in the sewers is fire, which stun-locks them so you can walk past them. Claire's grenade launcher makes that easy, but for Leon they're complicated until you get the flamethrower. Wait for them to whiff that big grab animation or use a defense weapon when they grab you, then try to walk past them. When they first emerge from the water you also have a bit of time to walk past them if there's enough space.
  • Kneecap zombies and then just run past them if you don't need to return to that room.
  • It's still worth taking the time to permanently kill all the zombies in the RPD west hallway and the library.
  • The 2nd Birkin fight is easier if you have some flash grenades saved up. Flash him and then shoot him some.
  • The 3rd Birkin fight is easier if you have a lot of acid rounds or shotgun shells saved up. In fact I pretty much only used those things on the Birkin fights, collecting and stocking them in-between. You can end up with like 30+ rounds by the time you hit Birkin 3.
  • Take into account what items you're going to get in-between each item box so you can have enough inventory space for important items without having to backtrack to item boxes. Sometimes you won't need to take a health item because there will be one on the way. A lot of the time you really just need to bring a pistol and one stack of bullets.

What's ideally the best places to save? I was thinking for Claire A:

-Irons office
-Room next to the 6 chess plugs
-Lab entrance

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
This shit is tense as fuck. Just met Mr. X for the first time and turned the game off not long after that. The sound of his footsteps was just too much - and then he entered the police station main hallway, just where the save station is 😱

As someone who's never played the original, gotta say I love the game. Too bad I already saw Mr. X in some screenshots and gifs before playing (and I think I've read somewhere that he's invincible), but I still. Can't remember the last game I found this tense... Bloodborne maybe 🤔

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This shit is tense as fuck. Just met Mr. X for the first time and turned the game off not long after that. The sound of his footsteps was just too much - and then he entered the police station main hallway, just where the save station is 😱

As someone who's never played the original, gotta say I love the game. Too bad I already saw Mr. X in some screenshots and gifs before playing (and I think I've read somewhere that he's invincible), but I still. Can't remember the last game I found this tense... Bloodborne maybe 🤔

Lol I never played the original, I knew who or what Mr X is, but I didn't know he's in this and of course I tried to kill him off the first time I saw him...

Was good practice though he isn't as terrifying to me, I like dodging him, works 80% of the time lol

Oct 25, 2017

-Irons office
-Lab entrance

I prefer saving before the bosses. That way, if I mess up or use too much ammo/health, it's a quick restart. The only downside is that there is a ton to do (with possibly a lot going wrong) between the first and second saves.

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019

-Irons office
-Lab entrance
Like other People have said, before the major bosses, G1 is quite easy and it takes like 20-30 minutes to get to him so I would save an ink ribbon for before G2, G3 and G4.

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really disappointed in how much I dislike the bonus modes and DLC. Not a fan of this trial & error nonsense. When are we going to get an actually interesting mode like Raid or Mercenaries.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm almost at the part of Leon A's run where Mr X will be starting to stalk me.

Is it worth going around using some shotgun ammo to take out the Lickers I've found so far to give me an easier time moving around?
The ones I've encountered so far are,
One in the hallway outside the Dark Room
One in the hallway outside the STARS office
One in the upstairs room next to the library with the cell

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost at the part of Leon A's run where Mr X will be starting to stalk me.

Is it worth going around using some shotgun ammo to take out the Lickers I've found so far to give me an easier time moving around?
The ones I've encountered so far are,
One in the hallway outside the Dark Room
One in the hallway outside the STARS office
One in the upstairs room next to the library with the cell

Not really, but it's worth knowing where they are. I find it most useful to use the shotgun to kill the zombies in the library... and any that might be in your way in the west hallway. Unless Mr. X is RIGHT on your ass, you can still walk past the lickers so it's really helpful if the zombies aren't alive to notice you doing that and blow up your spot