• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinken

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the same exact thing happened to RE2 when it got leaked and all people cared about was what got cut and nothing else but when they get the game themselves, they love it to death. The more spoilers I see the more hyped I get to play it myself.

Oct 29, 2017
So in that sequence where Jill rolls under the sliding door you can just say fuck it and run away from Nemmy? I guess this is how they are gonna handle it

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Folks in the demo thread made it sound like gore had been toned down in this game compared with REmake2... is that true of the spoiler footage?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
That opening is not messing around. Two minutes into gameplay and Jill is already being picked up and thrown around like a ragdoll.

OP
OP
Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Folks in the demo thread made it sound like gore had been toned down in this game compared with REmake2... is that true of the spoiler footage?
It's... weird. Zombie gore has been turned down, yes. And there's a very obvious reason for this, there's more zombies and more open environments with a lot more effects going on (like areas full of fire for example). Late in the game there's also some massive hordes of the fuckers. The gore was almost definitely toned down to help performance on consoles.

This said, special enemies actually don't seem toned down at all. I was surprised to see some of the body damage/gore on the Hunter type of enemies especially. And Nemesis himself does taking clothing damage and the like which persists.

It seems because they knew zombies were so common and they'd need a lot of them for some scenes, and in some scenes where a lot is going on, the zombie gore did get turned down. But the gore for other enemies did not. I know many are disappointed by it, but I also think the game's pacing and structure work well that you kinda' forget about it once it really gets going. And some of the "special" non-zombie enemies still have pretty detailed gore systems.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
they did. probably because consoles can't handle it. they should have made re3 a next gen game only in that case, and the fact that they cut stuff like the clocktower which is one of the most iconic locations in re3 and the grave digger makes this feel like they didn't put as much effort into it as with resident evil 2 which i loved.
REmake 2 cut a bunch of stuff too so I'm not sure what's different. Both of these aren't going to be REmake-level of effort where they took the original and made it better, to the point there is no reason to play the original game anymore.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
So I've lightly skimmed the thread and haven't seen an answer so far about whether or not there's a proper ink-ribbon-saves-only difficulty mode.

If there isn't I'm gonna be really disappointed. Not interested at all in checkpoints or autosaves.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with the toned down gore. I didn't expect it in RE2R though it was a nice addition but one that wasn't essential to me. I think RE3 is more classic in that regard, headshots seem to be most effective again and to me a headshot or critical handgun shot on a zombie felt good enough. In RE2R it was generally more effective to shoot legs in order to disable them. It was a different and more methodical experience.

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
lol @ one of those channel's videos

nude mods already? like how?

i dont see the intro video people are talking about

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
ccf2b6a89e7a63e3d052af7d2a58a0cc.jpg
Jesus.....

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
The intro is cool as fuck but not a fan of the changes to what happens with Brad.

Don't think I'll be able to stop myself from watching most of the game before I get to play it :(

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's trash. Wow I really hate that, can't believe the original does it better.

Edit: God I just can't get over how much worse this is. Brad's death is the most iconic in the series imo and not only is it not done by Nemesis but you don't even see it! Whoever wrote that failed miserably. This is by far the worst thing I've seen/heard so far. So gutted right now.

Thanks for the answer.

I agree. Nemesis hunts STARS, he did take Brad's life at least. It was a good scene in the original and I hoped it would be in the remake as well.

lairydavid

Dec 17, 2018
Yeah so...

What Dusk is saying about zombies only being toned down makes sense, particularly at the end of the hospital where you're fighting wave after wave as carlos, its almost like horde mode. The zombies literally explode into a clowd once they're down lol.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. Nemesis hunts STARS, he did take Brad's life at least. It was a good scene in the original and I hoped it would be in the remake as well.

Honestly this makes this version of Nemesis seem like an absolute joke. His one mission is to kill members of S.T.A.R.S. left in the city and he couldn't kill ONE of them. And one of them is Brad fucking Vickers! I love him staying behind to save Jill and him infecting Marvin but him not being killed by Nemesis is such a monumental fuck up.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this makes this version of Nemesis seem like an absolute joke. His one mission is to kill members of S.T.A.R.S. left in the city and he couldn't kill ONE of them. And one of them is Brad fucking Vickers! I love him staying behind to save Jill and him infecting Marvin but him not being killed by Nemesis is such a monumental fuck up.
Gotta agree this. Surely they could do both?

RE3 implies he turned into a zombie for Claire/Leon to find so it seriously sucks he doesn't get this death.

I would have rather taken the fake helicopter death theory at this point.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
To anyone who wants to see the videos from the French leaker, this channel has been uploading all of them up to the hospital:

Sorry to disappoint you all, but clocktower isn't explorable in the game at all. But i must say, the cutscenes direction and Jill's characterization are fucking stellar

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta agree this. Surely they could do both?

RE3 implies he turned into a zombie for Claire/Leon to find so it seriously sucks he doesn't get this death.

I would have rather taken the fake helicopter death theory at this point.

I would have kept most of it the same except for when Jill gets to the parking lot roof he catches up with her but gets killed by Nemesis before Jill hits him with the car. Then you see him later as a zombie and that plays out normally. I think that would've been the perfect way to do it because I like everything else about him, but Nemesis not killing him really ruins a lot of both Brad and Nemesis's characters.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To anyone who wants to see the videos from the French leaker, this channel has been uploading all of them up to the hospital:

Sorry to disappoint you all, but clocktower isn't explorable in the game at all. But i must say, the cutscenes direction and Jill's characterization are fucking stellar

WTF Nikolai is a creep.
LXuvZPg.jpg

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I hope no one wanted to see that iconic death scene because Nemesis doesn't even meet him.

Very fucking disappointing. Kinda killed my hype.

Oct 27, 2017
I would have kept most of it the same except for when Jill gets to the parking lot roof he catches up with her but gets killed by Nemesis before Jill hits him with the car. Then you see him later as a zombie and that plays out normally. I think that would've been the perfect way to do it because I like everything else about him, but Nemesis not killing him really ruins a lot of both Brad and Nemesis's characters.
Yeah I agree. I was really looking forward to how they will do it but this just makes things very underwhelming.

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Game looks fantastic. Preordering right now. Watched just enough more than they advertised and I'm sold. <3