• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Looks at the map of Palestine from 1948
And they just straight up carved up an entire country and gave it away
The west and Israel ducked them over , you can't engage in state violence first and not see it escalate

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, I'm extremely out-of-the-loop on this entire situation and the history leading to this. Is there a trustworthy guide or summary anyone can link to that explains all of this and why?

Last edited:

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
It's fitting that Israel's strongest allies in the US are doomsday evangelists, fascist republicans, and neoliberal democrat ghouls. They must all must be wracked with jealousy when they see the former openly blow up, shoot, and ethnically cleanse marginalized people.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

A very significant point in the current escalation that seemed to have been left out

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
That Twitter action makes the whole thing look sponsored by some crime syndicate that will silence anyone speaking up against it.

yep, and then meanwhile on twitter:

Israeli lawmaker Bezalel Smotrich: "There is no alternative to smashing Hamas. Flatten the strip." This is incitement to genocide. Twitter is ignoring its own rules to support Israel's massacres in Gaza.

State sanctioned violence and oppression is A-OK as long as it's your fave.

It's the same reason other countries get that "X state sponsored" media tag on Twitter while the pundits here don't, even though all they do is peddle what their lobbyists and state spox tell them to.

It's been real easy for American media to talk a big game when it comes to a bunch of tiki torch carrying assholes in a town or the Capitol riot, but when it comes to actualized racial and cultural violence done by a state with our help, "oh you see, it's really complicated and stfu Hamas Hamas Hamas, oppression must go on."

Nov 3, 2017
Last edited:

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
"Self defense" (volume warning)

Must be nice having a sophisticated air defense system or fancy bunkers where you can hide. The people in Gaza don't have that luxury. This is their life. Fuck the people who are doing this.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
E1KkMmXVoAUvMyf

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018

Must be nice having a sophisticated air defense system or fancy bunkers where you can hide. The people in Gaza don't have that luxury. This is their life. Fuck the people who are doing this.

The tweets read:

Tweet 1:

"moments of horror, destruction, and steadfastness"

[The man is screaming a prayer: "There is not God but Allah" "O' Allah, our source of relief"]

Tweet 2:

"Moments lived by every Gazan family this morning"

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
What's happening now is genocide there are no other ways to interpret it.

Pretty much, and it's goddamn maddening to see so much hand wringing about which words we should use to describe this situation.

Palestinians are dying. Woman and children are brutalised and murdered by IDF cowards and you're worried about hurting Israel's feelings?

Fucking gross. There's no both siding this.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020

As I said before, they're out to exterminate Palestinians. These murders, monsters. I hope i see the day they pay for this.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Heartless monsters I hope someone declares war on the Israeli regime for this.
This is a really horrible take one can only hold if they only thing they know about the conflict comes from Twitter, like hoping for a ground war here will improve the situation for Palestinians in any way (it'll make it worse.)
Guess it's time to ignore the thread and get back to protesting the war on the actual streets with my Palestinian neighbours and get beat up by the police.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
This is a really horrible take one can only hold if they only thing they know about the conflict comes from Twitter, like hoping for a ground war here will improve the situation for Palestinians in any way (it'll make it worse.)
Guess it's time to ignore the thread and get back to protesting the war on the actual streets with my Palestinian neighbours and get beat up by the police.
It doesn't have to be a ground war. But the regime has to know they can't get away with genocide in front of our eyes, in 4K. Even some small show of force to make it divert its attention is needed.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
It doesn't have to be a ground war. But the regime has to know they can't get away with genocide in front of our eyes, in 4K. Even some small show of force to make it divert its attention is needed.
My guy, your heart is in the right place I hope - but this is 100% clueless. There's no "small" show of force (did you see how fast this thing escalate?) If you haven't lived through a war, probably don't talk about it so carelessly.

But I get the need for people here to say shocking because of the frustration and inhumanity of this thing while also being far away from it. It's free and you can show your support for the Palestinian cause, which is good overall. But for me, and people who live here on both sides (though obviously it's much worse on the Palestinian side)- talking so callously about war is just a surefire panic attack. I'll just ignore the thread. Have a good one.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
My guy, your heart is in the right place I hope - but this is 100% clueless. There's no "small" show of force (did you see how fast this thing escalate?) If you haven't lived through a war, probably don't talk about it so carelessly.

But I get the need for people here to say shocking because of the frustration and inhumanity of this thing while also being far away from it. It's free and you can show your support for the Palestinian cause, which is good overall.
I'll just ignore the thread. Have a good one.
Thank you for your level headedness. Emotions are high. I understand what you're saying being in the midst of that situation, and your points are valid. Please stay safe and don't let this monstrous regime hurt you or your friends.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Reading German Twitter makes me wish some people over here would get bombed. The chancellor candidate of the green party tweeted, she strongly criticises Hamazes rocket attacks and both sides have to start peace negotiations again.

No word of the IDF bombings, but apparently this still puts to much blame onto Israel, so now she dragged for that.

"Antifa means solidarity with Israel." somebody please throw these people into the sun.

Last edited:

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017

These fascist fucks are bombing civilians and the world watches on Twitter. I can't believe what is happening.
Masks are coming off all over the world now, so called progressive democracies of the west was all a joke.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Ah Greta my sweet summer child, welcome to the both sides party.

Reading German Twitter makes me wish some people over here would get bombed. The chancellor candidate of the green party tweeted, she strongly criticises Hamazes rocket attacks and both sides have to start peace negotiations again.

No word of the IDF bombings, but apparently this still puts to much blame onto Israel, so now she dragged for that.
German twitter is trash and this country is mostly racist especially towards black people and everyone remotely looking like a middle easterner.

The n-word was trending on the weekend on twitter and the recent racism debate shows again a truth about this country which many don't want to admit.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

"Antifa means solidarity with Israel." somebody please throw these people into the sun.

Germany is never going to honestly confront the nature of the Israel/Palestine conflict as long as they see supporting Israel as a way to make up for the Holocaust.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Protip for when ya'll need to go stay in a shelter under bombing: don't sit there drinking with neighbours around midnight because you're gonna regret it when you wake up with a hangover to another siren at 3am.

(and if you think I'm making light of the situation, I feel for the plight of everyone, it's a shitshow)

Oct 26, 2017
Is it going too far to ask for a bit of sympathy for a significant percentage of Israeli citizens who have been trying to replace the current government during four elections held over the past two years?
How about the many thousands of people protesting in the streets and in front of the PM's house week after week? And the people getting beat up by police during these and other protests?

The current administration does not, in fact, represent a clear majority any more than the Trump government represented one in the U.S.

People in Israel currently being killed, injured or having their houses destroyed in the middle of the night are not the same entity as the IDF and the government.
Based on many of the neighborhoods being targeted or hit a lot of them are strongly left-leaning, to the point where the Israeli right considers them "filthy traitors".

It's pretty awful not only to be called a traitor from within your country for holding peace protests, but simultaneously being called a murderer from outside of it, all the while having your windows smashed at 3 in the morning from impact shock waves, and I'm willing to wager that most people commenting in this thread have not lived through similar circumstances.

If this post is inappropriate, please ban me from this forum.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Is it going too far to ask for a bit of sympathy for a significant percentage of Israeli citizens who have been trying to replace the current government during four elections held over the past two years?
How about the many thousands of people protesting in the streets and in front of the PM's house week after week? And the people getting beat up by police during these and other protests?

The current administration does not, in fact, represent a clear majority any more than the Trump government represented one in the U.S.

People in Israel currently being killed, injured or having their houses destroyed in the middle of the night are not the same entity as the IDF and the government.
Based on many of the neighborhoods being targeted or hit a lot of them are strongly left-leaning, to the point where the Israeli right considers them "filthy traitors".

It's pretty awful not only to be called a traitor from within your country for holding peace protests, but simultaneously being called a murderer from outside of it, all the while having your windows smashed at 3 in the morning from impact shock waves, and I'm willing to wager that most people commenting in this thread have not lived through similar circumstances.

Your post isn't inappropriate. The regime hurts you in a different way, but it's all oppression altogether. Don't listen to anyone who calls you a murderer. You don't support the regime, and you're doing everything in your power to fight it.

People like you are the only silver lining left.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Hamas really helps out Bibi by shooting them rockets. I know they want to project power and show Palestinians that they're their protectors. Unfortunately it plays right into Netanyahu's plans and every right-wing asshole out there is going to scream "See, Israel only responds to the attacks!!11!".

That being said, if you can watch videos of dead pre-teen kid laying in dirt with an open skull and pieces of brain falling out of it and then just move on to defend your talking points you may as well stop pretending. Just look at the Yang supporters on Twitter, they still claim to be progressives while retweeting Dov Hikind.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think there's anything inappropriate in what you wrote at all.
If anything, it must be infuriating to know a failing politician wanted this exact setup at the expense of all these lives, and wanted a situation that's getting harder to deescalate.

I'd argue that even if the international community (the West, really) wasn't concerned with the basic human rights of Palestinians like their right to exist freely, at the very least they should have done everything they could to stop Netanyahu's criminal bullshit as soon as possible, because it was plain as day that the situation could develop like it has.

This feels like an nth remake of Sharon in 2000.

Hamas really helps out Bibi by shooting them rockets
This will read like some "both sides" Galaxy brain bullshit on my part, but I do think that for political reasons they have a mutual interest in having a field where they're both the only adversary, so they keep legitimizing each other.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv

Police last night was super brutal on all anti-war protestors :( My friends in Haifa told me police were just going ham on everyone.
Honestly, I think it's OK to let people vent in this thread - most of them haven't lived through this and are just seeing the most horrible things on Twitter, obviously you can't have actual nuanced discussion under these circumstances.
I do think it'll be good to maybe revive the Israel OT and talk there about the situation and support each other through this. Especially as Israeli leftists - It can get pretty lonely and sad :(

Protip for when ya'll need to go stay in a shelter under bombing: don't sit there drinking with neighbours around midnight because you're gonna regret it when you wake up with a hangover to another siren at 3am.

(and if you think I'm making light of the situation, I feel for the plight of everyone, it's a shitshow)
I stayed in bed for the 3AM rockets lol

Last edited: