• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 20799

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I have the keytar too - I never really played it much, but still a shame to lose support for it. :(

Lotta nice songs that could use it.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
They keep releasing all this dad rock and grandpop rock (I'm tradmarking this phrase right now 09:36 CST 12/22/2017)

I am aware that me and like 2 other people would buy songs from like Joyce Manor or the Wonder Years or something but i'd love more stuff in that vein
I would go but RB4 immediately if they released ANY TWY songs. IMMEDIATELY.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played this in ages, stopped before the "Rivals" thing came out. Is it worth picking up as it's on sale? Fancied cracking out he ol' plastic instrument again...

Oct 25, 2017
NewYearNewCTw.png

All I ever wanted, all I ever needed...

OP
OP
MrNelson

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know the Depeche Mode or Natalie Imbruglia songs by name. I'll have to give them a listen later and see if I recognize them.

Haven't played this in ages, stopped before the "Rivals" thing came out. Is it worth picking up as it's on sale? Fancied cracking out he ol' plastic instrument again...
Absolutely

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Good picks. Hoping for legit sepeated masters this week per my usual broken record, but expecting to be disappointed. I feel like we're trending back toward everything being glorified mp3 customs again.

Nov 1, 2017
Good picks. Hoping for legit sepeated masters this week per my usual broken record, but expecting to be disappointed. I feel like we're trending back toward everything being glorified mp3 customs again.
On the bright side, we know that Depeche Mode's stems are available thanks to Fantasia: Music Evolved, but that hasn't stopped tracks from being stemless before so only time will tell. No clue on Torn.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd just like to point out that Enjoy The Silence sounds different. The breakdown has a different instrument or something, and the ending also has some changes.

And yes, it has stems.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Here's this week's first playthrough scores, stem confirmations and impressions for this week's two new singles and Rock Band Rewind.

"
Torn" - Natalie Imbruglia- [Guitar: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 4 | Vocals: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 167,902 | 100% Notes Hit (774/774) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 153,484 | 100% Notes Hit (817/817) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Enjoy The Silence" – Depeche Mode - [Guitar: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 90,195 | 100% Notes Hit (284/284) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 251,075 | 100% Notes Hit (1336/1336) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"We Got The Beat" - Go-Go's - [Guitar: Tier 0 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 1 | Bass: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 81,970 | 100% Notes Hit (482/482) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 106,619 | 100% Notes Hit (506/506) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Torn" has legit stems with no track degradation or muffling at all when missing notes on your own instrument. "Enjoy The Silence" continues the trend of Depeche Mode tracks using masters and "We Got The Beat" is an RB2 export for that has stems as well. Overall, a flawless week, it's safe to pick up all three!

DLC Impressions

"Torn" - easily the highlight this week on guitar with tons of alt-strummed three note chords and single notes throughout. And a bit of hammer-on movement dotted throughout the song during some of the more laid-back moments, there's even an easy little solo at the end consisting of simple single note sustains, overall great fun for such a low tiered guitar chart. Bass is a fun bouncy affair with a whole ton of double strummed notes and hammer-on snaking from time to time. Song is a blast overall and I'd easily recommend it to both guitarists and bassists.

"Enjoy The Silence" - A bit dull on guitar, basically consists of tons of spaced out chords switching between two and three note chords and some note sustains, really fucking dull throughout, but it's to be expected considering that guitar is pretty much non-existant in that song. Bass is great fun though with a lot of alt-strumming and lane changes, constantly changing the amount of notes you have to strum all the way through. So for bassists this is a solid pick, not so much for guitarists. Great song though and I'd recommend getting it on that factor alone! Another song that sadly would've benefited from continues keys support though.

"We Got The Beat" - Fairly run of the mill fare on guitar. Just constant chord and single note strumming with the occasional climbing riff that moves up and down the guitar neck, not going to blow anybody away but a solid chart nonetheless. Bass is constant single note strumming with a lot of not changing and fretboard climbing. A great song in it's own right with some solid charts. Totally worth your time if you want some classic 80's pop schlock, in fact the DLC in it's entirety is a safe bet to buy and are a great addition to any party-goers DLC roster!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Stem Confirmations: "Torn" has legit stems with no track degradation or muffling at all when missing notes on your own instrument. "Enjoy The Silence" continues the trend of Depeche Mode tracks using masters and "We Got The Beat" is an RB2 export for that has stems as well. Overall, a flawless week, it's safe to pick up all three!

Yay! Getting both!
Thanks.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Did those Dinosaur Jr. track(s) ever get fixed? I think it's just that and E6 left for me.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
A bit off topic, but did anyone ever make a windows driver for the Xbox RB4 guitar? I have the adapter and it syncs to PC, but it also says it's a HID Compliant device and not a game controller so I can't actually use it with Clone Hero/GH3...

Wait, only PS4 guitars work on PC? Figures.

TaurosPuff

Oct 25, 2017
I had to refresh my library and I lost two songs in my overall count and now it's gonna drive me mad figuring out which two songs aren't showing up.

Edit: Refreshed and the two songs are back.

Last edited:

MRYEAH

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The hall across the room
I have finally found on resetera where I belong
1300 dlc
Been playing since guitar hero ps2
My GF and I look forward to playing with you beautiful rb fans online
Xb1 TheGenPatten
And I am thrilled my most requested song was added this week (DM Enjoy the Silence)
Just unfortunately it makes me stare at my poor RB3 keyboard ...

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
Can dlc be bought from any region? I've been treating region free to mean that a disc from any region will work on the console, but any dlc has to belong to the same region as the software it's being bought for. Is that correct?

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DLC has to belong to the same region as the disc, yes. IIRC RB4 PS4 for the EU region even has a separate trophy list, it's considered a separate game, even though you can play it with US players online.

Oct 25, 2017
sidenote - never understood why Harmonix didn't let you pick the stage in quickplay in the series. :P

Quickplay.

Honestly, it only ever really bothered me in Rock Band 2, where the animations and camera angles would vary based on what sort of venue you were performing at. I always played in Career mode for that reason, sticking with The Manor in Dublin.

Deleted member 20799

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Well, it'd be an optional menu to access. That said, I don't think it'd add that much time since it's only a few stages. :)

Honestly, it only ever really bothered me in Rock Band 2, where the animations and camera angles would vary based on what sort of venue you were performing at. I always played in Career mode for that reason, sticking with The Manor in Dublin.

Mmhm... I vaguely recall that was when I wanted it most, but RB3 did have some neat stages like the music video background thing (always seemed fitting whenever I was playing The Touch or something upbeat from the 80s..... or something).

Some stages are just more pleasing aesthetically in the background depending on the lighting, but I can be a bit fussy about stuff in the peripheral vision.

Last edited:

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it'd be an optional menu to access. That said, I don't think it'd add that much time since it's only a few stages. :)

Mmhm... I vaguely recall that was when I wanted it most, but RB3 did have some neat stages like the music video background thing (always seemed fitting whenever I was playing The Touch or something upbeat from the 80s..... or something).

Some stages are just more pleasing aesthetically in the background depending on the lighting, but I can be a bit fussy about stuff in the peripheral vision.

I really wished we had those vfx stages in RB4.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'd happily pay for some DLC venues. Seems like a win-win, but I have no idea of the resources involved.

I also really hope they do a One X update, even if just a simple resolution boost.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They never did a PS4 Pro patch, so I wouldn't bet on an X patch either.

Yeah, I know. I still want them to, especially with it being an ongoing platform, and one I'll hopefully always be going back to over hardware iterations. It would help future proof it a bit in addition to looking sharper now.

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Free songs are always super appreciated but there don't appear to be any super fun charts like Hour of Rats or SOMP this time around.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno where to talk about this but I figured here makes sense, I got Dropmix from my friend as a late Christmas present over the weekend and set it up, it's really fun, I just wish it had online play. The freestyle function is silly fun.

Did anyone else get it?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at the rock band dlc for the first time in a while*

bleh... i see it still doesn't detect if you have the exports properly as I have both the final countdown and say it aint so installed and the game is telling me I can buy them for $2.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
*looks at the rock band dlc for the first time in a while*

bleh... i see it still doesn't detect if you have the exports properly as I have both the final countdown and say it aint so installed and the game is telling me I can buy them for $2.

It does that at times, if you know you have the songs, don't buy them from RB store.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It does that at times, if you know you have the songs, don't buy them from RB store.
well i mean with 1k songs it's sometimes hard to remember everything I own... and it's not like I haven't accidentally bought songs a second time :/

I was hoping they would have eventually fixed it, but whatever, it's not a big deal anymore since I am only really looking at new releases and any song that is a rerelease that I would want I know I should already own.

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, it thinks I own Let Love Rule and Take the Money and Run because I have every other song from the Classic Rock Track Pack.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys any tips on where to get the instruments in Europe? I think I searched all around and I can't even find them used :(