• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer geno to ryu at least. Talk about boring.
That is just personal preference. Overall Ryu Hayabusa is more important historical and more popular, on the other hand he could be a little boring, since we already have two ninjas in the game, but he would also add some sword ninja action.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I'm not saying you're wrong, but we got a random Rayman spirit with no Ubisoft presence otherwise, so I don't necessarily think that matters. Bethesda is a non-factor in Japan, so it's possible that Sakurai wanted to throw a bone to American Doom fans without fully committing to a playable character.
Exactly. Still, seeing some Doom in Smash is cool and hopefully we'll get at least a music track.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
That is just personal preference. Overall Ryu Hayabusa is more important historical and more popular, on the other hand he could be a little boring, since we already have two ninjas in the game, but he would also add some sword ninja action.
He is more important, but I also think the series importance is overrated. People just know ninja gaiden as "one of those hard nes games" and also an xbox reboot.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Would be kind of random to have a random Doom series mii fighter costume. If it was a doom guy costume, then I think you would be onto something.
If this is real, there might still be a Doomguy costume that's not apart of this leak. Ultimate Mii Costumes sets have always come with more then 2 costumes, after all.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I'm going with fake since it implies Geno and Doomguy

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
While I'd be happy for Geno & Doom Slayer fans if this is real, I'd be disappointed if we got yet more guys with no characters who are primarily women (I.E. not the secondary part of a duo like Kazooie or a female alternate costume who isn't the default) in sight.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Skeptical of Smash leaks since last year, but given how difficult it is to mod Mii costumes and how good everything looks in the lighting engine, it at least looks plausible enough.

It's totally possible the costume will release if Doomslayer is announced, but I do find it weird that this leaked before any other Doom content. Maybe I'm going straight to the thought of this costume getting released with 6.0.0, but it could easily be something that is in development now and done before the character is.

Feb 21, 2018
Why would they release a Mario RPG and Doom costume with Terry? Wouldn't it make more sense to save those costumes for Geno and Doom Guy?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
While I'd be happy for Geno & Doom Slayer fans if this is real, I'd be disappointed if we got yet more guys with no characters who are primarily women (I.E. not the secondary part of a duo like Kazooie or a female alternate costume who isn't the default) in sight.
If we are being real, Jill was the only viable option left for character 5.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is more important, but I also think the series importance is overrated. People just know ninja gaiden as "one of those hard nes games" and also an xbox reboot.
That's a lot more then Geno has. Let's not forget, those DLC-characters need to push people to buy them, if people don't know the character, then it's bad business. In the base game Geno would have much better chances, similar to Ridley and King K. Roll.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
Doomguy actually represents a lot that isn't in smash while Geno is a dumb side character in a game that wasn't even released world wide when it was relevant. fuck geno.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I'd be 100% happy with Doomguy as a Mii Costume. Plus Rip and Tear or E1M1 as a song.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an explanation for why the timer is stuck at 2:30 in the video? That's the one thing that really sticks out to me if it's real, because it just looks so odd and seems like something that if real would be some weird dev testing thing, but at the same time is such a weird choice that it kind of makes it seem like it was added onto the footage after the fact. I get that it's a reference to the Ken leak, but it makes me wonder how it was done

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If we are being real, Jill was the only viable option left for character 5.
*points at Lara Croft, Edelgard, & 2B*

But seriously talking, if this is legit, this doesn't inspire confidence that Sakurai (& Nintendo) would fix the problem of the game's lack of women. Normally I'd be cool with both characters, but the current situation has killed much of my hype. This would only further bury said hype for me.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely has some things going for it. The hats are of good quality and don't already exists in the modding scene.
Also the smash ultimate modding scene has yet to crack Mii costume modifications.

I'm personally leaning to fake just because it seems too convenient, but I'd love Geno and Doomslayer as characters.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Doomguy got the Sans treatment. What a world.

Alright looks like its down to Hayabusa, Dante or Geno.

Who ya got ?

WaterBen

Apr 4, 2019
I'm expecting Doomguy as an actual character while Geno will be a quality costume like Sans.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
*points at Lara Croft, Edelgard, & 2B*

But seriously talking, if this is legit, this doesn't inspire confidence that Sakurai (& Nintendo) would fix the problem of the game's lack of women. Normally I'd be cool with both characters, but the current situation has killed much of my hype. This would only further bury said hype for me.
I'd love lara, but a million things go against her and same with 2b, and I think she was deconfirmed anyway. Plus no first party.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Doom and Resident Evil both need a rep - Doomslayer and Jill Valentine would be my top two choices for DLC characters.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's real but also would not be surprised even after reading OP on how hard it is to make mods that it actually is fake.

The Smash community is INSANE at faking things and has multiple times taken it to the next level.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
In a just world where neither of these costumes represent a new character, they'd both come with a music track.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Doomguy has a much higher chance of being an actual character of Geno. I could see Geno being a costume right alongside Mallow (I will forever be down for Geno as a character though). Until we see a Doomguy Mii costume my bets are he is a character.

Y'all anti-Doomguy folks are a little wack. He would be an incredibly good pick for a fighter.

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Having 2 immediate hints to 2 of the top remaining fan favorites not in the game yet seems much too coincidental to me. After Smash's long history with fakes, I'm not biting this time.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Holy shit holy shit holy shit!

Been asking for Doom guy since Smash Ulti was announced, most wanted guy to get in.

Think about it, Smash is a celebration of gaming and only one FPS character is in it, but who would you pick? The genre is filled with Bland faceless men!

Call in their grand daddy, before they were FPS, they were Doom clones.

Mario, the face of console gaming will face the Doom Guy, the man that defined PC gaming.

AEW Full Gear just got upstaged by a match that hasn't been announced.

Last edited:

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Can you imagine the insane amount of crow that SmashEra would have to eat if Geno actually got in?

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it's Doomguy, the reveal trailer is gonna be something else.

Someone in the Banjo reveal thread mentioned about how they could include the Doom Guy in the aftermath of the Ridley trailer. It ends... kinda weird with Zero Suit Samus heading a kick toward Ridley and the screen goes fades white.

Honestly it would be dope with or without Metroid crossover lol

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Doomslayer may be the most important character in gaming that isn't in Smash.

Putting Doomslayer in feels right, and comprehensive.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Feel like either Doomslayer or Master Chief increases the odds of the other being brought on as an echo so 🤞🤞🤞