Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Pretty good mod tbh .

Buuut i have something to say to everyone...

TenderCarelessCatfish-small.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I for one am enjoying my many Undertale characters

I don't think that's comparable. If Frisk were to get in then Sans would probably come with them, whereas now with Sans already being in as a Mii costume that kinda kills any chance for an upcoming Undertale character.

TRUSTNO1

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
The Mallow hat turns into the pirate hat at the last second of the video, when the character uses the dash attack. Its fake.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Mallow hat turns into the pirate hat at the last second of the video, when the character uses the dash attack. Its fake.
Good catch, that's the most damning thing against it yet. Doesn't explain how they did it, bit it certainly doesn't help prove its veracity

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the connection of Mii costume to character is 1/1 definite.

I mean, Goemon and Sans were Mii costumes. Where's the playable Mystical Ninja character in Smash? Where is Chara/Frisk?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my excitement for doom slayer in smash is a teeny tiny bit lowered after the delay of eternal and doom 64 and the further delay of the switch version of eternal, but it would still be a FANTASTIC addition to smash. can't wait for the game awards :)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the connection of Mii costume to character is 1/1 definite.

I mean, Goemon and Sans were Mii costumes. Where's the playable Mystical Ninja character in Smash? Where is Chara/Frisk?

Mallow and Cacodemon aren't the main characters/faces of their games the way Goemon and Sans are.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I expect Doomguy to be the last character of the season pass while Geno is the first of the characters that releases post Season Pass

If this is true, then I'd expect Nintendo to announce both in the same Direct.

And since Doom Eternal was originally supposed to release in November, we'd likely see the trailer this month.

Edit: And for those thinking Geno would just be a costume...he was a costume in the last game IIRC. Why would they put a Mallow costume in this version before re-releasing said Geno costume?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true, then I'd expect Nintendo to announce both in the same Direct.

And since Doom Eternal was originally supposed to release in November, we'd likely see the trailer this month.

Edit: And for those thinking Geno would just be a costume...he was a costume in the last game IIRC. Why would they put a Mallow costume in this version before re-releasing said Geno costume?
Only if this was a set of geno and mallow costumes, and slayer and the demon costumes.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
I don't think that's comparable. If Frisk were to get in then Sans would probably come with them, whereas now with Sans already being in as a Mii costume that kinda kills any chance for an upcoming Undertale character.
This is a weird end-run around the point. Mii costumes do not necessarily mean there is an associated character. Hell, Geno was a Mii costume in Smash 4. As was Heihachi!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird end-run around the point. Mii costumes do not necessarily mean there is an associated character. Hell, Geno was a Mii costume in Smash 4. As was Heihachi!

Right, but I'm saying if a series gets a Mii costume without the associated character then that's probably all it'll get.

In this case I find it weird that Mallow and Cacodemon would get costumes unless there was representation of Geno and Doomslayer, either as characters or costumes themselves.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's just the AT they're picking up.

Any reason why the clock isn't running in the gameplay footage?
In the Ken leak from a year ago, the timer was stuck on 2:30. It was commonly believed that this was because they ran the game in debug mode (the HUD was littered with additional parameters, the stage had missing elements, and the battle camera was panned extremely close).

Of course, that means if someone did fake this they could just replicate the circumstances of it. It's a little weird that you're seeing Ken again, and no indication anywhere else that anything in this build is running in debug mode; no HUD elements, no unique camera angles, the stage just operating as it usually does, etc. Only the timer as if to say "hey, remember this old leak?"

May 5, 2018
I'm hesistant to believe this. This could be the Grinch leak all over again for what we know. But also I want this to be true just for DOOM Guy to get into Smash.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm team fake mainly because it's so easy to fake things now.

Not that I wouldn't welcome Doomslayer. Just how I'd welcome Master Chief.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fake. This seems a little too convenient and if someone has access to these, why not show Terry as well? Dude is very likely done by this point.
Never underestimate the dedication of internet "leakers". Especially from the Smash scene.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I think it's fake. This seems a little too convenient and if someone has access to these, why not show Terry as well? Dude is very likely done by this point.
Never underestimate the dedication of internet "leakers". Especially from the Smash scene.
i mean the last time we got a video leak it was the ESRB one and that was 100% real (and led to the internal policy of testers not being allowed to have their phones/portable game systems in the testing room anymore lmao)

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's real, but it's not necessarily indicative of any future characters. This is another one of those "I want this to be real, therefore it's real." kind of situation like the grinch leak.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I can see Doom Guy being dlc 5, revealed at the event where Terry is demonstrated. Then we get a mii fighter costume montage, get the mallow costume from super mario rpg. Then sakurai can do his classic "I know everyone has been hoping to see Mallow return, or wait is that not the character you were asking for" and cut to the "geno is on the way" splash screen and confirm he starts season 2.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's real, but it's not necessarily indicative of any future characters. This is another one of those "I want this to be real, therefore it's real." kind of situation like the grinch leak.

Why would they put Mallow and Cacodemon costumes in if it didn't mean Geno and Doomslayer got some presence in the game?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Geno as the 5th DLC and Doomguy as the 1th DLC of Season 2? I like where this is going.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where's my Tekken and Virtua Fighter reps?!

Their main characters got costumes, like the recent Goemon costume. There's no point to Mallow and Cacodemon costumes on their lonesome.

Geno and Doomslayer could also be mii fighter costumes, and the leaker is just setting people up to be crushed

Also possible, but I'm saying, if this is true, then Geno and Doomslayer are going to have some presence in the game either way.

Mar 23, 2018
First impression expectations from me are:

- Real

- Only Mii costumes

The issue I see with the above is that if they are only Mii costumes, why go with the cacodemon instead of Doomguy?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
First impression expectations from me are:

- Real

- Only Mii costumes

The issue I see with the above is that if they are only Mii costumes, why go with the cacodemon instead of Doomguy?

If I had to guess, these mii costumes will be released at the same time as Terry, meanwhile Doomslayer and Geno are still in development. There is nothing that says they can't release mii fighter costumes to hype up dlc characters that won't be ready until 2020.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I had to guess, these mii costumes will be released at the same time as Terry, meanwhile Doomslayer and Geno are still in development. There is nothing that says they can't release mii fighter costumes to hype up dlc characters that won't be ready until 2020.
I just don't see them putting in these costumes without the character unless the character is NOT getting in.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is exactly how these Mii costumes worked.
Well for one, we're not getting two character drops at once, so at least one of them is just a costume for the sake of it. If Geno was in Smash, but for later, they wouldn't release a Mallow costume now. Also if this is coming with Terry DLC, then no we're not getting either of those characters because they would be released alongside the accompanying character. The Mallow costume is most likely there because there was a Geno costume and it's possible they couldn't make Doomguy work so a Doom costume is there as a compromise.