• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagesreste

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just catching up on this season and why is Farrah literally a Final Fantasy character?

2fgm1wE.jpg
If Farrah dressed up as any of the outfits from Lightning Returns, it would be an improvement on her current couture

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm pretty sure Valentina will be the next to go, outside of ep 2 she's been doing pretty badly and I think she's getting on the other queens' nerves.

I personally don't really mind her (but I wouldn't be sad if she got eliminated), I find her persona way less grating that Monique's. Her runways are pretty meh so far though, which is disappointing coming from her.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
okay I caught up with the last episode:
- Maybe I'm growing bitter or something but I didn't find the roast very funny. Monet, Monique and Manila were just okay, the other three were total trainwrecks. The only moment that actually got me to laugh was Manila peeking through the blinds.
- The double win was total bullshit for storyline purposes
- I'm willing to bet both lipsticks said Valentina
- The preview got me excited for the next episode. A lipsync tournament is something I wanted on the show for a long time. I just hope it has a fair formula not involving too much production fuckery. Seeing only the eliminated queens pick lipsticks at least makes me hopeful we'll avoid the bullshit from AS3. Admittedly it resulted in one of the greatest TV moments but that was solely because a queen decided not to play by those rules and not thanks to them.

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Monique seemed to be gunning for Valentina after the roast, I don't think Monique was as funny as she thinks she was - despite her reasons for the character, it felt like she'd watched Coming to America recently and just lifted it wholesale from Arsenio Hall.

I can see Monet picking Valentina but like they said in that episode Manilla is a wildcard. I could see her picking Naomi because she bombed the roast and has only been safe the whole season thus far. I would pick Naomi too actually. Valentina was bad, but she wasn't the worst, at least they laughed at her. She's like a mix of Tammie Brown and Alyssa Edwards.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

By the way, now that the episode has aired, Willam said months ago that there'd be an episode where both winners chose Valentina's lipstick, but in order to save her, RuPaul didn't eliminate anyone that week. Honestly, that'll be pretty clear come next episode, because I don't think they'll air the lipsticks Manila and Monet chose.

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You might want to spoiler that, it's still to come if true. (I don't care personally, I've read all the spoilers, but many haven't).

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I'm yelling at my TV every time Valentina appears on the screen. Her forced persona is the most grating since Laganja estranja.
And that's saying something.

Nothing in her is genuine, everything is calculated and annoying. From the entrances in the workroom to her sudden speeches about her "feelings" - ugh... shut up !

Despite the disappointment of her not going home, this was a pretty good episode - Lady bunny was hilarious and on point with her jokes. Monet and Manila saved the otherwise terrible roast...

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Valentina going to finish in the bottom every week and still end up winning? Gawd. She's beautiful, but just has nothing else to offer.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After it has been pointed out to me that Valentina is living in a telenovela I kinda enjoy seeing her.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would just let her be a full time judge.
She doesn't want to be one. She enjoys the show but doesn't feel comfortable in that role. Part of the reason Drag U was a thing was because it was something Bunny was comfortable with. (Also likely why this ep was a non-elim.)

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow, they waited a whole 30 seconds in the preview to cut away to Monique saying "gooped!" - I'm surprised they could hold out that long tbh.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm yelling at my TV every time Valentina appears on the screen. Her forced persona is the most grating since Laganja estranja.
And that's saying something.

Nothing in her is genuine, everything is calculated and annoying. From the entrances in the workroom to her sudden speeches about her "feelings" - ugh... shut up !

Despite the disappointment of her not going home, this was a pretty good episode - Lady bunny was hilarious and on point with her jokes. Monet and Manila saved the otherwise terrible roast...
She's trying way too hard to be a telenovela(Spanish soap opera) character. Except, it just doesn't make sense since it's simply not that and no one else is having any of it. I swear she's trying to become meme worthy or turned into a gif. Instead, all I feel is like this:
243f3f95-d05a-45f9-96msk79.gif

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What did Willam say?

I am seriously over both Valentina and Latrice at this point, both of them applying Jinkx's perfume way too heavy.
Willam had heard pre-season that
Valenina got saved in a "production bullshit" situation, but it's pretty clear that it's a coincidence where the non-elim was because of Lady Bunny and the lip sync tournament comeback format, not production rigga mortis.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't want to be one. She enjoys the show but doesn't feel comfortable in that role. Part of the reason Drag U was a thing was because it was something Bunny was comfortable with. (Also likely why this ep was a non-elim.)
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just a shame, since I feel like her critiques would be so actually helpful (not to mention the fact that she would actually be funny).

Watching that preview, yikes Latrice is making herself less and less likable for me. I realize it's trying to be "all for the drama" but that doesn't say Miss Congeniality to me......

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just a shame, since I feel like her critiques would be so actually helpful (not to mention the fact that she would actually be funny).

Watching that preview, yikes Latrice is making herself less and less likable for me. I realize it's trying to be "all for the drama" but that doesn't say Miss Congeniality to me......
She really doesn't understand that Trinity/Valentina and Monet/Monique do NOT have the same relationship she and Manila do.

Trinity straight up told Manila/Monet to send Valentina home this past week! Those two pairs are basically work friends, not friends friends.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
the drama this season feels manufactured tbh

I kinda agree, it doesn't really feel like a "fun" season. And I'm completely tired of Valentina's delusions of grandeur and Monique's shtick in the inserts by this point.

I honestly just want to see Manila and Trinity battle it out for the crown.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I think what's so disappointing about all this drama is that well... it's All-Stars. We're watching them to see them kill it on the runway and during challenge, not cry and scream at each others.

Maybe the production went with all this drama because the girls just weren't good or interesting enough during the challenges? Idk, hopefully Season 11 won't be that "produced".

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Manila's quickly becoming a fan-favorite for the new viewers of Drag Race. It's what she deserves.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I think what's so disappointing about all this drama is that well... it's All-Stars. We're watching them to see them kill it on the runway and during challenge, not cry and scream at each others.

Maybe the production went with all this drama because the girls just weren't good or interesting enough during the challenges? Idk, hopefully Season 11 won't be that "produced".
The episodes just seem faster for AS4, maybe it's the lack of mini challenges, or the inconsistant Ru coming around segments... but it feels like "HEEEEY Here's the main challenge of the day! GO!" and then fluff for 15 minutes, and then 35 minutes of the main challenge.

Dec 4, 2017
London
I think All-Stars should be put out to pasture for a while tbh. This season is suffering from a lack of stand-out queens really raising their game. None of them have levelled up since they've been away. It doesn't help that it's so soon off the back of both AS3 and the last series of the main show and that it compares unfavourably to both.

At this stage I cannot help feeling they might as well rename it RuPaul's Drag Race Also-Rans 1. At least it'd would feel more honest.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think All-Stars should be put out to pasture for a while tbh. This season is suffering from a lack of stand-out queens really raising their game. None of them have levelled up since they've been away. It doesn't help that it's so soon off the back of both AS3 and the last series of the main show and that it compares unfavourably to both.

At this stage I cannot help feeling they might as well rename it RuPaul's Drag Race Also-Rans 1. At least it'd would feel more honest.

Queens like Latrice have been away for so long, and they didn't change at all, like they are same as 10 years ago, i don't think that time has to do anything with it, just look at Aja, she was amazing.

But yeah, they are running out of queens, and it's getting more and more boring. I don't think they can continue with this formula forever.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Queens like Latrice have been away for so long, and they didn't change at all, like they are same as 10 years ago, i don't think that time has to do anything with it, just look at Aja, she was amazing.

But yeah, they are running out of queens, and it's getting more and more boring. I don't think they can continue with this formula forever.

I just mean that the frequency of various seasons is kinda instigating burn out, at least on my part. I get that they're striking while the iron is hot but you can have too much of a good thing and, yeah, the talent pool is starting to run a bit dry. That's not a good combo.

Agreed re Aja, she completely flipped my opinion of her on AS3 even though she'd only been away for 5 minutes.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll continue with one regular season, one All-Stars season for the next few years, until people lose interest in the platform overall and the show gets cancelled.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just mean that the frequency of various seasons is kinda instigating burn out, at least on my part. I get that they're striking while the iron is hot but you can have too much of a good thing and, yeah, the talent pool is starting to run a bit dry. That's not a good combo.

Agreed re Aja, she completely flipped my opinion of her on AS3 even though she'd only been away for 5 minutes.

Yeah, i'm already bored with AS4, but i also found AS3 terrible. And who is left for AS5? Shea is the only one that pops into my mind, yeah, there are some old queens who would be nice to see, but they are all no winner-material.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Yeah, i'm already bored with AS4, but i also found AS3 terrible. And who is left for AS5? Shea is the only one that pops into my mind, yeah, there are some old queens who would be nice to see, but they are all no winner-material.

Kim Chi too, though I struggle to think of any others who I'd really like to see in an All Stars context.

I thoroughly enjoyed AS3, I don't really get the general disdain for it. Sure, it wasn't AS2 but it had Ben being incredible every week, Shangela and Trixie (even though as much as I enjoy Trixie I, like many, am a bit 'um' over her eventually winning). Add to that Aja basically going super-Aja, Kennedy's turn in the Bitchelorette and Milk being a delusional prick there were just so many moments and personalities that kept the season powering along. AS4 has been characterised so far by a distinct lack of moments, aside from the painfully manufactured dramas/amateur improv workshops.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The participants were good in AS3. My problem with that season were the nonstop twists. I know a fair competition isn't really the focus of this show, but there's a limit to that shit.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017

Kim Chi
Shea Coulée
Pearl
Willam
Peppermint
Ongina
Miss Fame
Acid Betty
Courtney Act

Status
Not open for further replies.