• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well at least doesnt seems to be Kenshin Himura, so we will not have that awkward moment of promoting a character created by a pedo

Yoshitora came from space btw

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Your prayers have been answered.
images

SNK doesn't look outside of Japan in general. At best they look toward Korea or China on the good days. Don't get your hopes up.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, I'm trying to understand how to play with Warden, but I don't know what's supposed to be his main gameplay strategy

He only has 2 special moves, a Parry, and the shoulder tackle, I don't know what's the point of the first considering that everyone has a universal parry, and the later doesn't generate knockdown, so I don't know if I'm supposed to follow up with other move

Also, I don't get his command moves at all, he is supposed to press MS or HS close to his opponent, but I don't know what's the point of it.

Maybe I should have watched the analysis of the characters in the evvent yesterday

Memory Pak

Aug 29, 2018
Few months late to the party, but just got the Switch version this week! First impressions make me think it's a good port: runs smoothly, music is good, it looks great in handheld... Just the load times seem a bit long at times.

I've never been much of a fighting game player outside of casual Smash Bros., but played Samurai Shodown! 2 on the Neo Geo Pocket of all places and was really impressed.
They're not messing around with the difficulty in this new one though, I had to drop it to 2/5 just to complete my first run through the story mode with Charlotte. I also can't pull of the half-rotations on the D-Pad yet, kinda miss the clicky NGPC stick haha. Would've liked to see more women on the base roster too, the men outnumber them like two to one it seems.

Two questions: First, is there any sort of online player base on Switch? I didn't find any matches the one time I tried (but admittedly didn't wait long at all).
Secondly, how does DLC work in this game? Is it just more characters, or do they include extra stages, more music, etc.? The eShop listings and trailers make it seem like it's just new fighters, nothing else.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
anyone know if people cheat online? not that i care much, but i managed to beat a guy that had 3000+ wins in a row, and i met him again a few minutes later and still had those 3000+ win streak under his user id.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The season pass was free at one point, right? I think it was for the first one. ARGH, I guess I just got it for the PS4 and not the XB1 like I should have, because for some reason the PS4 version went out of sale really quickly on Amazon.ca so I ended up getting the XB1 version, but of course it's now like $26 for each season pass and I ain't paying that much.

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
The season pass was free at one point, right? I think it was for the first one. ARGH, I guess I just got it for the PS4 and not the XB1 like I should have, because for some reason the PS4 version went out of sale really quickly on Amazon.ca so I ended up getting the XB1 version, but of course it's now like $26 for each season pass and I ain't paying that much.
Yeah. The first Season Pass was free for everyone at launch for a week, even for the people that didn't buy the game.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I already have this game on the Switch, but I think now, with the discount and the future online update, is a good time to pick the steam version.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I already have this game on the Switch, but I think now, with the discount and the future online update, is a good time to pick the steam version.
I feel like the Switch version (digital) never goes on sale.

I was looking into getting a physical copy and people on eBay are out of their minds; copies for for double retail price. It's insane. Certainly not worth it for someone like me where it's a curiosity more than a must have from a series I'm invested in.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Is anyone out there still playing this?

I just need to play one Team VS match for the plat, if anyone can hop on for a game at any point I'd be eternally grateful!

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I should have said! PS4. Is the game not crossplay?
I'm FrightZone82. Let me know when would be a good time for you, I'm in the UK!

Times are a little wary since Im in Chile and from experience I can only play with UK friends on weekends, but next one I will leave my houses. Maybe in 2 more sundays?

And no, no crossplay

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Where's the damn rollback? Wasn't that supposed to be for mid january? I want to cut down fools with Darli!

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Still need to play one goddamn team match to pop the platinum. Driving me mad!
PSN ID is FrightZone82 if anyone can help.
If not, praying rollback will get enough people playing to find a match, but not getting my hopes up.

Volodja

Oct 25, 2017
Still need to play one goddamn team match to pop the platinum. Driving me mad!
PSN ID is FrightZone82 if anyone can help.
If not, praying rollback will get enough people playing to find a match, but not getting my hopes up.
You may need to wait quite a while, considering the state of the beta.
It's kind of completely busted.