• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Now sekiro: When I try to parry something and get hit instead, I do not have that feeling of knowing exactly what I did wrong.
Yes because you don't know. It happens to everyone who's unfamiliar with the boss. Once you take the time and study the boss moveset you will discover various defensive and offensive options and also the parry timing. It's great to see, know and react to everything a boss does but you have to put the study time in.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
there is 40 prayer beads total

you are missing the last two

you can miss 2 if you didnt get the

second hirata state

also i mean even if you are going for the return ending, that doesnt mean you cant fullfil the other 2 possible endings

I believe you can get all of them?
Provided you did Hirata Estates 2.0, which might be the ones you're missing.
Where in
Harata Estate 2.0
can I find those beads?

How can I still fight
Owl Father in Lady Butterfly arena
if I've chosen the Return ending? Similarly 1 bead is with
Isshin that you fight after Emma so isn't it locked out in the Return path?

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd take a break from xp farming and try DoH for the first time.

Errrr, joke boss? You have one option to get damage in, to become intimate friends with his nutsack, how am I supposed to dodge the steam roller rush? lol - I guess I have to look out for that little red danger sign super-imposed over his flaming RED body a split second before he one-shots me? Great design choice there!

I did nearly did get a deathblow on my 20th-ish try so I suppose that's something, the first dozen or so tries I don't think I lasted 10 seconds.
Just jump as soon as you see that

If he does his jumping AOE attack, sprint away and then press jump before he hits the ground, and grapple to him

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Where in
Harata Estate 2.0
can I find those beads?

How can I still fight

Don't know where you got the last part but it's not true.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Thought I'd take a break from xp farming and try DoH for the first time.

Errrr, joke boss? You have one option to get damage in, to become intimate friends with his nutsack, how am I supposed to dodge the steam roller rush? lol - I guess I have to look out for that little red danger sign super-imposed over his flaming RED body a split second before he one-shots me? Great design choice there!

I did nearly did get a deathblow on my 20th-ish try so I suppose that's something, the first dozen or so tries I don't think I lasted 10 seconds.

Lol

Yeah, you basically need to treat his balls as a speed bag in that fight. Deflect the stomps, you will get the timing of them down after a while. To avoid his unblockable sweep, keep your ears open for the sound and jump to his right immediately. In fact, you'll want to stick towards his right side at all times for this very reason. Upgrade to and equip flame shield if you can. Helps a lot with a certain move he uses in phase 2 & 3. You can use Malcontent 3 times in the fight as well for long stuns

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
The other two bosses you mentioned are way harder to me than DoH. Hug his crotch, run right toward him as soon as he runs away from you (if you hesitate for a moment, back up and wait out the fire attacks). Deflect the stomp if it's too close or circle around if you can. Malcontent for the last stage. Divine confetti

I appreciate your help! I honestly didn't even try defeating him the normal way because I was just too amused when I watched somebody pulling the cliff cheese, so I spent 30 minutes learning the trick and then went for it.

Maybe I'll replay this next year on PS5 :P

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate your help! I honestly didn't even try defeating him the normal way because I was just too amused when I watched somebody pulling the cliff cheese, so I spent 30 minutes learning the trick and then went for it.

Maybe I'll replay this next year on PS5 :P

Funniest thing about the cheese is that he falls off and still says "Thank you"

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where in
Harata Estate 2.0
can I find those beads?

How can I still fight

there are two mini bosses on the way to the boss,

the first one can be skipped i think, but the second can't

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just jump as soon as you see that

If he does his jumping AOE attack, sprint away and then press jump before he hits the ground, and grapple to him
Yes, first I was trying to jump back from the AoE but you just don't get enough distance. My finger has been clawing the run button almost the entirety of the fight. Still need practice at reacting quicker to the steamroll - I see the sign, think "oh it's comi...." and I'm dead before I can even react!

Lol

Yeah, you basically need to treat his balls as a speed bag in that fight. Deflect the stomps, you will get the timing of them down after a while. To avoid his unblockable sweep, keep your ears open for the sound and jump to his right immediately. In fact, you'll want to stick towards his right side at all times for this very reason. Upgrade to and equip flame shield if you can. Helps a lot with a certain move he uses in phase 2 & 3. You can use Malcontent 3 times in the fight as well for long stuns
I do tend to use visual cues only since I listen to music/podcasts whilst playing (I'd probably crack a lot sooner without a distraction whilst doing something so repetitive). I've red about the tools strats, but I've never liked to rely on them since they're limited, I don't really like the umbrella but will check out Malcontent, I haven't used it, or many of them even, at all so far.
I have got to the second phase a couple of times now just by going ham in the first round and staying on him at all times, immediately running in as he backs off. I can see it's doable with more practice, but these long fights are so exhausting, they've really backloaded the end of the game with this gauntlet of attrition.

The good thing about xp farming before this boss was that I have Divine Confetti coming out my arse due to all the sen and nothing else to spend it on, so I can even practice the boss using it.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Divine confetti gives you an attack boost against everything... at least it feels that way. If not, i don't know how to tell if an enemy is an apparition type or not - like why would it work on DoH?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
YlxiTqT.gif

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm at the
bull
and just beat
lady butterfly
this morning. I know this is early game, but how early? How much of the game is this early part/how much is left, if anyone has context?

I just re-started on PC and am now further than I ever got on console and the game at a consistent 60fps has clicked 1000x better than it ever did when I was playing it on console. I'm so hooked.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
there are two mini bosses on the way to the boss,

the first one can be skipped i think, but the second can't
Which boss? Im confused :/

Owl is dead with in Harata Estate surrounded by burning buildings. Isshin is dead and Emma is mourning next to his body near the Kuro's room idol.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
So I'm at the
bull
and just beat
lady butterfly
this morning. I know this is early game, but how early? How much of the game is this early part/how much is left, if anyone has context?

I just re-started on PC and am now further than I ever got on console and the game at a consistent 60fps has clicked 1000x better than it ever did when I was playing it on console. I'm so hooked.

Yeah PC version is such a joy. You are very early, 10-20% depending on how much content you tackle in the end.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Can't believe have to fight

Genichiro every time before fighting Ishinn, who already has three phases to learn - so I find I'm scared to waste my items and consumables. Like Jesus, From, does every boss fight have to be a savage rectal exam??

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Reinstalled the game to try the final boss (SSI) again. Made it to the 3rd phase (of the 4 total) but died, which is better than I did before I uninstalled the game. Still, so many phases in one battle is very fatiguing and frustrating because one mistake = repeating a lot of stuff.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Which boss? Im confused :/

Owl is dead with in Harata Estate surrounded by burning buildings. Isshin is dead and Emma is mourning next to his body near the Kuro's room idol.

when you first enter alternate hirata estate you fight a purple ninja that summons some dogs, he gives you a bead

then you fight with the jozou the drunkard again on the same place you fought him the first time.

i dont think you are at Alternate Hirata memory at all pal.

the place that you are talking about is where you fight the purple ninja im telling you about

did you receive the father bell from emma before killing the divine dragon?

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
when you first enter alternate hirata estate you fight a purple ninja that summons some dogs, he gives you a bead

then you fight with the jozou the drunkard again on the same place you fought him the first time.

i dont think you are at Alternate Hirata memory at all pal.

the place that you are talking about is where you fight the purple ninja im telling you about

did you receive the father bell from emma before killing the divine dragon?
Turns out its only possible to get all Prayer Beads by following one of the ending path according to Sekiro wiki.
Purification
I had the most beads in my
Return ending
save file so I figured Ill get the rest with this one for the achievement. I've already done all the things you listed in a different save file, except for the ending bosses and optional ones, so I guess I'll finish that path instead.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
With this combat...am I supposed to try to deflect every hit, or is it ok/smart to mix in blocking? I find dodging hard/unreliable.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Turns out its only possible to get all Prayer Beads by following one of the ending path according to Sekiro wiki.
Purification
I had the most beads in my
Return ending
save file so I figured Ill get the rest with this one for the achievement. I've already done all the things you listed in a different save file, except for the ending bosses and optional ones, so I guess I'll finish that path instead.

no man, you can further the 3 endings, but at the very end, depending on what item you give to kuro, a different ending will trigger.

im also doing the return, and i have alternate hirata just missing owl father

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
With this combat...am I supposed to try to deflect every hit, or is it ok/smart to mix in blocking? I find dodging hard/unreliable.
If you can manage the more you deflect the better but its smart to pull away if your posture is close to filling up or your vitality is low. Or both. Or if you're swarmed by multiple enemies. Blocking will fill up posture quickly so do it only when posture bar is low.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Yes. These fights are tiring.
Yup. It's exactly why I uninstalled the game after only attempting the final boss 2-3x during my playthrough. I had no desire to continue the game because it is so exhausting and mentally draining. Seeing that the final boss has so many phases made me stop because I had enough. Now, after reinstalling it, I feel better but still only attempted the final boss for ~1 hour because I don't want to burn out again.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
no man, you can achieve 3 endings, but at the very end, depending on the item you give to kuro, thats what ending you will get.

im also doing the return, and i have alternate hirata justmissing owl
True one was the first one I did and I guess I screwed up at the point where I created a save file initially. This is what the wiki says

.You can obtain all 40 Prayer Beads in one playthrough, provided you follow the Purification ending.
This is the only ending I haven't done yet.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
True one was the first one I did and I guess I screwed up at the point where I created a save file initially. This is what the wiki says

.You can obtain all 40 Prayer Beads in one playthrough, provided you follow the Purification ending.
This is the only ending I haven't done yet.

they mean that you need to do the preparations for that ending so all beads are accessible to you.

if you not develop that quest line, alternate hirata state wont be achievable.

check this also on the wiki for the endings

It is possible to progress all endings simultaneously, except the Shura ending. This will allow for all content specific to those Endings to be available in a single playthrough. At the very end, the player will have the option to choose which Ending to proceed with,

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
You know, if it weren't for the camera being absolute ass in certain cases, I'd probably have the platinum by now. I'm starting to feel like stopping before I start hating this game.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
they mean that you need to do the preparations for that ending so all beads are accessible to you.

if you not develop that quest line, alternate hirata state wont be achievable.

check this also on the wiki for the endings
Ahh understood. So I didn't do the necessary preparations in my initial playthrough where Ive done all the optional bosses. Will have to do it again.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The
Blazing Bull
is making me want to quit the game. It feels like I NEVER have a moment to attack even when I am trying to run around and bait him. This fight feels nothing like the rest of the game/fights, it's chaotic and a piece of shit. Can I cheese this?

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
The
Blazing Bull
is making me want to quit the game. It feels like I NEVER have a moment to attack even when I am trying to run around and bait him. This fight feels nothing like the rest of the game/fights, it's chaotic and a piece of shit. Can I cheese this?

My strat for it was to parry his charge, hit him a few times, run around to bait the charge again and repeat.

Obviously you are going to need to learn the charge parry timing.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I've been stuck on the last boss for the past week. This is close to breaking me.
I got some hints that have made phases 1 & 2 easier for me.
(I assume you have no problem with the first boss.)

Phase 1: after he does his opening three slashes, double Ichimonji him. If he does the dash to the right, run, he's going to spin slash, then hurry up to him and get in more hits.

Most of his glowy attacks you can counter, but if he waits a LONG time, it's going to be Ashina Cross. Run.
Same if he does the charge for the wide shock wave attack.

Phase 2: Run when you run low on posture. When he starts his flurry, block unless you're confident you can parry, then wait for the Red strike and circle parry it.
Just be patient, it's your best bet. Also, I found that if you attack him IMMEDIATELY after Phase 1 ends, you can possibly delay him going all BLOOD BOIL! on you for a while.

I"ll get back to you on phase 3.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
After facing Seven Spears a bunch of times, and almost getting him, I gave in and went full on 🧀🧀🧀.

A part of me is ashamed, but another part is proud.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaaand... Done. NG+++ complete, all endings achieved. All achievements... Well, I'm still not grinding for the skill one yet. Hopefully that'll get easier in the DLC.

But yeah, game is pretty good. Can't wait for the DLC.