Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
I much prefer the look of these and they're supposed to be better than the Binboks although ymmv. Also they're from different brands, which is weird... Either Kinvoca, AlienGT or Vivefox (all on Amazon).. And I think there's more but they all look the same except some offer different color schemes. The M-shaped thing is the grip that comes with it.

512w0on-I2w-L-AC-SY780.jpg

I actually bought these last week from amazon.fr. Mine are branded 'ECHTpower'. They are... okay. Plastic feels cheap and they're rather slippery. Face buttons are way too small for my liking and there's virtually no travel, which I also do not really like. Sticks are okay, but rather small like the regular joycons. I like the shoulder buttons but they also have very little travel. Ergonomically they feel great. I like the colours. Rumble is really pronounced and it also has gyro.

I vastly prefer the Hori Split Pad Pro, but I seriously hope Hori will consider a Split Pad Pro Plys with gyro and rumble added.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
My Binboks are shipping early, should get mine tomorrow.

Really hoping I like them. My official yellow joycons just started drifting, and my only other official pair is my Animal Crossing ones and I don't want to use those so I can sell my Switch for a decent price eventually.
Looks like there is a Hori pad knock off on sale today for $25. It has gyro but not rumble. If it had rumble I would have given it a shot for $25.

I think a few reviews for that say these ones don't actually have gyro despite saying they do in the product title. There are a ton of positive reviews, but I'm not always trusting of no-name brands with a ton of glowing reviews.

I liked the look of those too, especially the two rear buttons, but I really want a pair with gyro like the Binboks.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
I much prefer the look of these and they're supposed to be better than the Binboks although ymmv. Also they're from different brands, which is weird... Either Kinvoca, AlienGT or Vivefox (all on Amazon).. And I think there's more but they all look the same except some offer different color schemes. The M-shaped thing is the grip that comes with it.

41j-N0a-NESw-L-AC-SY780.jpg

41-X9l-d-MF9-L-AC-SY780.jpg

512w0on-I2w-L-AC-SY780.jpg

41-Won-ETjdm-L-AC-SY780.jpg
I literally threw mine away. Could not get them to work when not attached to the Switch and that's all that I bought them for. The hope was to have comfortable joycons that I could use for games with motion control.

If Nintendo did pro joycons of their own that had all the normal functionality but were functional for my big semi-arthritic hands, I'd be first in line.

Zeiretto

Oct 30, 2017
I literally threw mine away. Could not get them to work when not attached to the Switch and that's all that I bought them for. The hope was to have comfortable joycons that I could use for games with motion control.

If Nintendo did pro joycons of their own that had all the normal functionality but were functional for my big semi-arthritic hands, I'd be first in line.

Damn. I thought they were supposed to be good. Spawn Wave and Kevin Kenson liked them. But maybe it really depends on what brand you get.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I just got my Binboks and so far so good.

Sticks work well, and I like how quiet the trigger buttons are, and the gyro works well. Comfier than the Hori Split Pad Pro for me which was what I was mainly hoping for.

Issues so far is that the d-pad isn't great but it's fine (I almost never use it and never play anything intense with it like fighting games).
And the rumble on the left one is rattly (but I never keep it on anyways).

One thing I was happy about is that there is an option to turn the LED lights off on the analog sticks. I was a little worried they had to be on at least one color, but if you hold the T button down and double click the analog stick to change the "mode of the light. I think its either On, Color changing, or Off.

Zeiretto

Oct 30, 2017
I bought these on Amazon and they're.... actually pretty decent so far!

kmnyo7u.jpg

IWSVaiL.jpg

They're from a company called Proslife and they were 38,99 (I paid an extra 20 dollars in shipping and import fees but whatever).

The sticks are a little more.. stiff than the original Joy-Cons and also there is a slight deadzone but, for the games I play, this is fine. Also it supports gyro! The rest of the buttons and especially the d-pad feel nice and clicky and I just really love that transparent purple Gameboy Color look. There's other colors too.

I hope it lasts.. lol.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I tried to show a friend the binbok as a recommendation, and i guess its been discontinued? I don't see it on amazon, even on binbok's site its missing.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
I tried to show a friend the binbok as a recommendation, and i guess its been discontinued? I don't see it on amazon, even on binbok's site its missing.
It seems it's not available on Amazon. I had luck because the first ones were faulty and they send me a replacement just some weeks ago. As a side note, I wrote too to the support email they have on the box and never got a response.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with their dpad? One side of mine isn't always registering presses. I remember seeing the Spawn Wave had issues with their unit, but I think it was more of a feel issue.

Jun 17, 2018
I was on their website last week looking at different things and it looks like a new model is up for preorder which fixes a few issues. Definitely looking to get a set later down the line.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
I was on their website last week looking at different things and it looks like a new model is up for preorder which fixes a few issues. Definitely looking to get a set later down the line.
That's really interesting. When they come around again, hopefully someone does a review of the new version to see if they fix some of the problems with sync and such that the originals seemed to have.

EDIT: I wish 8bitdo would do something on this order. I think amongst 3rd party accessory manufacturers, I trust them, Hori, and Nyko, and I was disappointed by my last two Hori purchases. Especially this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A8C5VUS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - I didn't think the build quality was very good.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
My Binboks are shipping early, should get mine tomorrow.

Really hoping I like them. My official yellow joycons just started drifting, and my only other official pair is my Animal Crossing ones and I don't want to use those so I can sell my Switch for a decent price eventually.

I think a few reviews for that say these ones don't actually have gyro despite saying they do in the product title. There are a ton of positive reviews, but I'm not always trusting of no-name brands with a ton of glowing reviews.

I liked the look of those too, especially the two rear buttons, but I really want a pair with gyro like the Binboks.

I got them (the Kydlan, Hori knock offs). They have motion controls. It's not very clear when seeing the box though.

I still prefer the Hori Split Pad Pros though do to superior D pad and bigger analog sticks. The D pad on Kydlan are terrible for games like Street Fighter as motions don't register properly.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I got them (the Kydlan, Hori knock offs). They have motion controls. It's not very clear when seeing the box though.

I still prefer the Hori Sit Pad Pros though do to superior D pad and bigger analog sticks. The D pad on Kydlan are terrible for games like Street Fighter as motions don't register properly.
That's good about the motion controls! I may have gotten those if not for those handful of reviews saying otherwise since I wouldn't have had to wait for stock, they were cheaper, and the dual rear buttons.

My Binboks don't have the best d-pad either, but I never play fighting games and most 2D games I use analog sticks for these days too.

fwd-bwd

Jul 14, 2019
I can confirm that both my Binbok and Kinvoca have unreliable D-pads. I have to press them just-so or it wouldn't register sometimes. The best joy-con D-pad, IMHO, is those joy-con shell with a D-pad mod.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
Someone find out the best D-Pad and standardize it, I'm sick of it
Nintendo Patented it in 1983. It's been expired for a while.

US4687200A - Multi-directional switch - Google Patents

A four-directional switch which can be turned on and off in four directions, which comprises a base plate having a plurality of electrodes formed thereon, a key top having an indication showing predetermined four pressing directions in an identifiable manner, a support member constituting a...

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the same thing but in a new color? The original link is dead.

Amazon.com: Joypad Controller Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Replacement for Switch joycon, Switch Controller Joypad with Back Map Button/Turbo/Dual Shock/Motion Control L/R Remote Gamepad: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Joypad Controller Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Replacement for Switch joycon, Switch Controller Joypad with Back Map Button/Turbo/Dual Shock/Motion Control L/R Remote Gamepad: Computers & Accessories

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Is this the same thing but in a new color? The original link is dead.

No, that's a different version. No back button and they're a different shape.

They're releasing a new version soon that has a fixed D-pad and can turn on the Switch from sleep. I'd wait for that.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
You know those liquid clay filled cooling/heating pads?

I got a puncture in one and clay managed to splatter on both of my binbok controllers. :(

Hopefully won't be too hard to clean once I pop it open. Only a tiny bit got in the analog stick on one of them, and a bit got in the bumper gap too.

Nov 8, 2017
I ordered some of the new joycon a couple weeks ago from the binbok website. Looks like they are finally departing China. Hopefully not much longer until I get them.

Apparently they also have their pro controller up at Amazon for $30. I'll try it out.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
The smaller of the two binbik controllers are on sale today. I took a chance since I don't have an issue with the current joycon size, just tired of the drifting. For less than $45 I will give them a try. I don't want the back buttons from the bigger ones either so I don't think I'm losing much functionality wise.

Limited-time deal: Joypad Controller Compatible with Switch 8 Colour Adjustable LED, Replacement with D-Pad & Non-Slip Grip for Switch joycon, Wireless Ergonomic JoyCon L/R Remotes Gamepad Joystick Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QJ3HXZ...abc_6764XE05J1NP10Z5APWX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The smaller of the two binbik controllers are on sale today. I took a chance since I don't have an issue with the current joycon size, just tired of the drifting. For less than $45 I will give them a try. I don't want the back buttons from the bigger ones either so I don't think I'm losing much functionality wise.

Limited-time deal: Joypad Controller Compatible with Switch 8 Colour Adjustable LED, Replacement with D-Pad & Non-Slip Grip for Switch joycon, Wireless Ergonomic JoyCon L/R Remotes Gamepad Joystick Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QJ3HXZ...abc_6764XE05J1NP10Z5APWX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
There are two sizes?

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this is obvious, but can these be used as two separate controllers as well as a split joycon? Or do third party controllers not do that?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
There are two sizes?
Yeah, the old version got discontinued though and it should be coming in toward end of the month.

binbok.com

Wireless RGB Joycon Controller for Switch-Black

如果您位於香港或者台灣,請提供中文收件人名和地址,否則無法寄送。謝謝! 【8 colors LED Ring Light & 3 Different Modes】: Well-designed Adjustable LED ring light of 8 different colors! This is the COOLEST joycon controller has 7-colors & rainbow LED light, plus 3 different light modes: Single Colour Mode, Breathing Color changing...

I have the previous version of that and I like it quite a bit.

Rexaur

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I've been using these on and off for about a month but the d-pad is absolute trash. Pressing right often registers an up direction and this especially sucks in Monster Hunter Rise.

OP
OP
dipship31

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
I've been using these on and off for about a month but the d-pad is absolute trash. Pressing right often registers an up direction and this especially sucks in Monster Hunter Rise.

yeah the original version D pad is really bad and it became extremely noticeable playing monster hunter. I ordered the "new" version and it does seem to be much better

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
yeah the original version D pad is really bad and it became extremely noticeable playing monster hunter. I ordered the "new" version and it does seem to be much better
Does the newer version still feel like cheap plastic? I was surprised at how light and hollow these felt in my hands. Hoping for something that feels a bit better.

OP
OP
dipship31

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Does the newer version still feel like cheap plastic? I was surprised at how light and hollow these felt in my hands. Hoping for something that feels a bit better.

The newer version felt the same to me, but the D-pad does seem to be working better. If you didn't like how they felt before you probably won't like the new ones.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I have been playing with these for a bit and they seem ok. The longer throw in the stick is still taking some getting used to and the buttons are pretty shallow, but they seem ok. They feel super cheap and the rumble is pretty garbage though. I also had them disconnect in the middle of a game twice just now despite being connected to the system, but hopefully that was a fluke since they didn't do that at all yesterday.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Questions: do they still fit in the OG Joycons Grip (I have the charging one)? If not, does the bit of plastics that holds them together also have a charging port?

Also: these things are impossible to find? I keep checking on Amazon but they never show up, is there another place where I can get them?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Questions: do they still fit in the OG Joycons Grip (I have the charging one)? If not, does the bit of plastics that holds them together also have a charging port?

Also: these things are impossible to find? I keep checking on Amazon but they never show up, is there another place where I can get them?

The version I got has a middle holder part with a USB port on it. They are also in stock on Amazon, just search for Binbok Joycon. You might be looking for an older version?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The version I got has a middle holder part with a USB port on it. They are also in stock on Amazon, just search for Binbok Joycon. You might be looking for an older version?

Idk, looking at Amazon in the EU gives me no place with available stock, and an import from the US is too expensive.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Asking again of those who have the Binboks since I still haven't seen an answer to this question: can you cross-map the back-buttons from one joycon to the other (ie, can I assign the LEFT back button to "A"? That's the biggest limitation of the Hori pads for me.

bmfrosty

Oct 27, 2017
SF Bay Area
I've been thinking about looking at the binbok joycons again for Skyward Sword.

It sounds like there are multiple generations of them, and in those generations, there are fixes as well. Does anyone know how to lay this all out? If I want the latest is there a strategy? Maybe to buy the pastel color or something?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I've been thinking about looking at the binbok joycons again for Skyward Sword.

It sounds like there are multiple generations of them, and in those generations, there are fixes as well. Does anyone know how to lay this all out? If I want the latest is there a strategy? Maybe to buy the pastel color or something?

Get the Hori Split Pad Pro instead. They're licensed, don't have this gen nonsense and are build to last.

NSW-298_Product_image_1__06476.1597076487.png