• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Not enough for a traditional E3 conference. They don't have any megatons and they know folk will be disappointed if they don't. But they HAVE stuff to show. Updates on the big already announced ps4 games should be enough to justify a direct sort of thing, don't you think? A gameplay trailer showing of Clickers/Joel, something from Death Stranding (combat?) and a new trailer for Ghost of Tsushima would be great content to fill out half an hour.
I doubt you would even get a release date or window for the big 3 after Days Gone and Dreams. Sure, they could show more of the games and their unknowns, but nobody really needs that. Only Kojima needs to show combat for his game to convince more people. But no trailer or demo is going to help Ghost of Tsushima or TLOU Part II. And if you can't give a release date for those...then why?
They have A LOT to show. Just nothing regarding PS4.
no argument there. Lots of stuff is in motion for the PS5 and they will have many things to show and talk about. But it's not ready yet.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo

200.gif

I love this font...

Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been any juicy stuff coming out of the Destination Playstation event?
Nah.

It is just a closed event that Sony uses to give industry and retailer folk some insight into their plans or what not. Stuff like upcoming releases, tentative dates for different things, etc...

A few things may leak out but they wouldn't be anything major. Just some relatively minor things we may or may not find interesting.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I havent even heard of destination playstation until last week or so.... i dont think many people have.. therefore I am expecting absolutely nothing.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I havent even heard of destination playstation until last week or so.... i dont think many people have.. therefore I am expecting absolutely nothing.

It's actually a big event. Publishers go there to layout their year for retailers. The issue is that those details are rarely made public at the time.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
I finally got to play Puppeteer through PS Now, wow why did they not rerelease this for PS4? The opening act has been fantastic

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
They said it was the biggest thing they've ever done. Demons Souls isn't even that big of a game. SOTC is probably bigger.

I think that this statement was about the scope of the project, not the scope of the game itself. They could put a lot more work into a remake of Demon's Souls, which would make it their biggest project.

Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet and Clank + Demon Souls will make for a strong launch.
A Ghost of Tsushima cross gen launch too.

I finally got to play Puppeteer through PS Now, wow why did they not rerelease this for PS4? The opening act has been fantastic
That is an underrated game. I really enjoyed my time with it. Charm and presentation through the roof.

They said it was the biggest thing they've ever done. Demons Souls isn't even that big of a game. SOTC is probably bigger.
SotC has that big, barren world with little in it. Demon's Souls has armor, weapons, magic, etc...

Demon's Souls has a lot more going on even though it isn't as big size wise. So, it can definitely be the biggest thing they have ever worked on.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely would love a Killzone class-based Battle Royale game for the launch of PS5 so it could have a noteworthy shooter at launch that's f2p and can be easily monetized for long term revenue (cosmetics and such) but also features a reworked movement system, multiple maps, refined classes and incorporated verticality and vehicles. I think that'd do more for PS5 in terms of initial sales than R&C and whatever else would. Honestly, it doesn't even have to be named Killzone if people feel like that name is too damaged. However, if you showed something that captured the feel of the Killzone 2 E3 2005 trailer, while also making it feel very responsive and having better visuals than say Halo Infinite, no one would care about the prior games associated with the franchise.

Jan 20, 2019
Only a video game forum would put a game like Demons in the same galaxy as TLOU. Bloodborne sold like 3 million copies, stop trying to turn the souls series into some mega blockbuster for PS

Bloodborne has more then 11M players, a lot of peopel start playing the souls game after Bloodborne become a PS PLUS game.

He have to see if sekiro sells well. 3M peopel might not be much, but is almost 3M consoles sold because of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.