• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I hope with Kojima Productions on Decima, Both Guerilla & them could push it to 60 fps.

Or give it options to choose framerates.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
A full Demon's Souls remake would be amazing, I'd rather they make it a PS5 game, for maximum eye candy like SotC jump from PS2 to PS4.
But on the other hand, game of the PS2 gen and game of the PS3 gen both on PS4 would be neat too ;)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of a futuristic Japanese cities, I kinda still want to see a futuristic Kamurocho from Sega. Basically cross Yakuza with Binary Domain and take things from there. With the Dragon Engine, I'm sure it'd look stunning (especially on PS5).

And I hope this whole Demons Souls thing is true, I was holding out for a PS4 remaster/remake but assuming PS4 games are BC with PS5, then a PS5 launch title also works for me.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
GameSpot are doing a sponsored PlayStation Now stream... it's not every day you see PlayStation promoting Now outside of their Twitter/blog.

Maybe they've began a marketing push for the service? It seems to be running very very smoothly. You wouldn't think it's a streamed game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
GameSpot are doing a sponsored PlayStation Now stream... it's not every day you see PlayStation promoting Now outside of their Twitter/blog.

Maybe they've began a marketing push for the service? It seems to be running very very smoothly. You wouldn't think it's a streamed game.

Forgot what channel it was but I also saw a sponsored Now stream in my sub box a week or two ago.
Edit:

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't those two really be 2019 games? I just don't believe it.

Naughty Dog works fast.
Kojima's history:
98 - MGS
01 - MGS 2
04 - MGS 3
08 - MGS 4
10 - Peace Walker
14/15 - PT, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.

So he doesn't take incredibly long either, had an engine ready as well as the tech support of GG / Cerny.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
^and Kojima said he's had the idea of Death Stranding in his head for a while. Add on the reports of development running faster than anticipated I could see it releasing this year.

TLoU2 I dunno, maybe if the MP releases separately like R* games. Not that ND isn't competent, but this is likely PS4's swan song game and let's face it, if it ain't GOTY it didn't live up to expectations. TLoU2 has huge shoes to fill, they gotta get it right.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Just give me tlou 2 mp with everything at launch. I am again replaying tlou mp and it is great. But there is so much more potential, jeesus.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Random thought: Could "The Sentinel" have been Ghost of Tsushima's original name? We know that it's a title that was trademarked. In some ways, Jin could be seen as a sentinel for Tsushima. Am I being dumb?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Nov 21, 2017
I was always hoping that was a remake of the Geoff Crammond Amiga game.

https://medium.com/@fab.dubois/the-sentinel-an-extraordinary-computer-game-1986-677a40a7ea0d

Did I miss anything?

Well SIE did publish a remake of the Amiga game Shadow of the Beast in 2016. The PS4 version even came with the original Amiga version. However Shadow of the Beast was a Psygnosis IP which Sony owns. I'm not sure if they own the Spectrum Amiga game you are referring to.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bloodborne has more then 11M players, a lot of peopel start playing the souls game after Bloodborne become a PS PLUS game.

He have to see if sekiro sells well. 3M peopel might not be much, but is almost 3M consoles sold because of the game.
This just like there's x amount of people who played an Xbox game when they have gamepass on insane deals means little. It would be cool if BB2 sells 5m copies, but it's completely laughable to put TLOUII with BB2. The former has a chance to sell more in 1 weekend than the other has in its lifetime.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Yup, I'm really hoping we get Death Stranding and TLOU 2 this year. Combine that with Dreams, Days gone and the other titles we know are coming and 2019 could surpass Sonys 2018's library, which is just batshit insane to even think about.

It would also be perfect since if Ghost of Tsushima can be released early 2020 that should help fill out the release schedule leading up to the PS5 in late 2020.

Also, it would be amazing to see DS and TLOU2 battle it out for GOTY. Then it'd be even crazier if Days Gone comes from nowhere and tops them both! And then out of the darkness Dreams transcends being a game and becomes a phenomenon!!!!

OK, need to de-hype myself, whew... Can't get myself this worked up before bed! Lol

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Days Gone controls.
I was totally the one that found this and not modiz

D0XmbgrWoAAfqZh.jpg:large

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was always hoping that was a remake of the Geoff Crammond Amiga game.

https://medium.com/@fab.dubois/the-sentinel-an-extraordinary-computer-game-1986-677a40a7ea0d

Did I miss anything?

I would pay almost anything for that in VR. Perfect fit as long as you keep the general tone of the original - slow, foreboding etc.

Well SIE did publish a remake of the Amiga game Shadow of the Beast in 2016. The PS4 version even came with the original Amiga version. However Shadow of the Beast was a Psygnosis IP which Sony owns. I'm not sure if they own the Spectrum Amiga game you are referring to.

there was a sequel called 'Sentinel Returns' which was published by Sony on PSone. So there is a slight connection..

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yes
I've always thought that is a great function but underutilized.

I really hope to be present in the DS5

Still holding out hope for an OLED touchscreen on the DS5. They can leave the screen off and only keep the capacitive touch part active to mimic the DS4 touch pad and save battery life, and the screen can add so much functionality. Second screen gaming, but also remote play using the controller itself.

Nov 21, 2017
I would pay almost anything for that in VR. Perfect fit as long as you keep the general tone of the original - slow, foreboding etc.

there was a sequel called 'Sentinel Returns' which was published by Sony on PSone. So there is a slight connection..

Interesting maybe the Sentinel trademark was actually for a remake of the amiga game. However I think Shadow of the Beast pretty much bombed so perhaps Sony likely canceled this project. I know Heavy Spectrum the developers of Shadow of the Beast, for their next game they ended up self publishing the PS4/PC game Oure.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

He's the one as Lead Audio in The Last of Us & Uncharted 4.

I applaud him & the audio team for making the sound effects in those games which an amazing upgrade compared to Uncharted trilogy before.

The guns have more kicks to them in sounds, especially shotgun in The Last of Us sounds like lightning cracks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.