Status
Not open for further replies.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I really really hope this Death Stranding trailer shows the gameplay loop properly and not just introduce another celebrity and keep it seeped in mystery. I liked those trailers but now its time to show the meat. If not I would just rather have TLOU Part II trailer.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Zhuge hinted at a something Sony related and people are excited for it?.

Ya'll never learn.
You mean the time he hinted at Final Fantasy VII Remake for State of Play and we got excited and then it actually showed up and Resetera went down and...

Y'all some pessimistic miserable souls.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
You mean the time he hinted at Final Fantasy VII Remake for State of Play and we got excited and then it actually showed up and Resetera went down and...

I know, this tease is actually something we should get excited for, and the last Zhuge tease delivered, but I'll never forget when he teased the "no Sony at E3" announcement months ago and called it "fun"
I got trust issues after that
But anyway, we're just fucking around

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I really really hope this Death Stranding trailer shows the gameplay loop properly and not just introduce another celebrity and keep it seeped in mystery. I liked those trailers but now its time to show the meat. If not I would just rather have TLOU Part II trailer.
Same. Like I get that Kojima/Sony want to retain an element of surprise and wonderment, but if the enjoyment of the gameplay loop hinges on surprise then it's basically a novelty. Once you've experienced if for the the 1st time that's it, and if that's the main source of enjoyment, the surprise factor, then it's shallow. I don't think anyone is asking them to spoil enter levels of anything like that, but showing your consumers the basic gameplay loop should be a prerequisite that really should go without saying.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida

I'm just messing about, mayne.

But yeah, I consent to what the others are saying. Z needs to tone down the de-hyping when something Sony related (something that could be big) is coming.

Sony HYPE threads were the best fucking things to ever grace Gaf. We had the Gifs, we had the Hype Trains, we had the salty posts, the bans, it was outrageously magnificent.

Unfortunately, Era didn't followed suit on this. Stuff just isnt what it used to be.

Nov 30, 2017
Unbelievable..

Im literally playing LBP3 today on and off with my kids, havent played in years. But people are still on it and keep trying to join my games.

Dreams is incredible im just waiting on VR support before I get it. It will still be the same price?

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
with Medievil in october, I can see Concrete Genie and Dreams in late August and early December, with one of the other 3 either in September or November.
Perhaps CG is August and Dreams is December.

If one of the others is November, maybe they can launch Cg in August and Dreams in September

Oct 25, 2017
with Medievil in october, I can see Concrete Genie and Dreams in late August and early December, with one of the other 3 either in September or November.
Perhaps CG is August and Dreams is December.

If one of the others is November, maybe they can launch Cg in August and Dreams in September
Concrete genie is fall tho sept-November

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I don't understand why a new Death Stranding trailer instead of TLOU2.
The Naughty Dog game its closer than the Kojima game.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I watched this and then shook my head like "No fucking way." Dreams is going to be a cult classic as well as a commercial success. That may seem like a overly confident statement but I'll ask the thread this...

Have you ever seen a clip of Dreams and not been like

DVG1.gif

?

Exactly.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why a new Death Stranding trailer instead of TLOU2.
The Naughty Dog game its closer than the Kojima game.

I'm honestly surprised Kojima has gone this long without a trailer. I like Kojima alot, but he was completely out of control with his MGSV trailers, he damn near spoiled every cutscene in that game through a constant flow of trailers. I suspect Sony is asking him to show a bit more restraint.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Dreams is going to be a cult classic as well as a commercial success. That may seem like a overly confident statement but I'll ask the thread this...

Have you ever seen a clip of Dreams and not been like

DVG1.gif

?

Exactly.

I highly, highly doubt that. Yeah, the stuff people already making there are amazing, but most will just watch it on Youtube/Twitter/Reddit, say "that's cool" and forget about it. People won't be buying this game to play those 5 minute short demos. Dreams in my opinion has the most limited commercial potential from any Sony exclusives (maybe except VR games, of course).

I remember people here were freaking out about the limited Dreams early access, they were afraid it will be gone in like 10 minutes or something. We are now over one month after release and no word from Media Molecule about EA being taken off the store.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm honestly surprised Kojima has gone this long without a trailer. I like Kojima alot, but he was completely out of control with his MGSV trailers, he damn near spoiled every cutscene in that game through a constant flow of trailers. I suspect Sony is asking him to show a bit more restraint.
If I'm not mistaken he's actually already released more DS trailers (which hasn't even released yet) then he did MGSV ones. Do correct me if I'm wrong though.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
2hr E3 Xbox Show and all we got to get hype for is an accolade Trailer for a VR game.

This timeline is the worst.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I highly, highly doubt that. Yeah, the stuff people already making there are amazing, but most will just watch it on Youtube/Twitter/Reddit, say "that's cool" and forget about it. People won't be buying this game to play those 5 minute short demos. Dreams in my opinion has the most limited commercial potential from any Sony exclusives (maybe except VR games, of course).

I remember people here were freaking out about the limited Dreams early access, they were afraid it will be gone in like 10 minutes or something. We are now over one month after release and no word from Media Molecule about EA being taken off the store.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Respectfully, I think your entire argument is flawed. I guess only time will tell. Thankfully we wont have to wait too long.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Would love to see an Tlou2 MP trailer but will watch no more SP stuff.

Imo it will be Death Stranding and hopefully with some meaningful gameplay.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2hr E3 Xbox Show and all we got to get hype for is an accolade Trailer for a VR game.

This timeline is the worst.

They have nearly nothing new to show for this generation, and they don't want to show next generation stuff just yet.

Sure we'd be fine seeing more of what we already know is coming, but a lot of people don't need to see any more of TLOU2, DS etc to make an E3 show worthwhile.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
PlayStation: Here have a trailer
Xbox: We have nearly 2 hours worth of them

😒

Don't worry, that 1 trailer will be better than those 2 hours of trailers ;)

lol, kidding, kidding. Dunno what we're really getting from Sony, but I'm anticipating a large State of Play with at least some Big 3 news.

Status
Not open for further replies.