HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im actually glad Sony is doing this. People can cry all they want it wont change the fact that the Playstation has then biggest instal base for Fortnite and Sony has the luxury on picking whether or not they want to share it with others. Playstation is the biggest reason Fornite is as big as it is now. If they want to they will do it, If they dont they wont. No crying from anyone is going to change what they're business decisions. Playstation owners will enjoy the massive base that plays on that system only. While not having to worry about any other base. This is Sony flexing their muscle, how they should when they want. With them providing all of he's wonderful first party games, and not changing all of their games into GaaS, I support their decision. Now This is my opinion, and its for sure not fact. But we all have our own opinions.
So this is what rock bottom looks like

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how barely no one cared about this and whenever it was brought up it was almost immediately dismissed, but now that MS are down pushing heavily for it, suddenly every news site gets on it
Funny how MS didn't say shit about it and this got huge BECAUSE PLAYERS ARE FUCKED BY IT and have been raising their voices over it.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I will say. I have been skeptical. As evidenced by my previous posts.

But this HAS been the most noise and attention any situation regarding Cross Play has gotten. I feel If we are going to make any headway on Sony changing stance or even just giving up this one constraint. It'll be now. If this blows over after tomorrow then that's it imo.
It's been going on since last year with Minecraft.

It's not going away.

Oct 25, 2017
Thats great. But they still wont change it no matter how much people in here fuss about it. The real reason they wont change it is because they dont have to.

You think the casuals out here are worried about playing vs xbone and Switch users? You think with the exclusives Sony provides, that people are going to drop them because they wont allow you to play with switch users? lol come on guys. get real

THIS IS NOT ABOUT CROSSPLAY.

IT's about your Epic account. Even if it was made on PC being locked forever even if you unlink it to PS4. You can't carry over progression anywhere. It's legit locked to PS4 even if the account wasn't made on a PS4.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Im actually glad Sony is doing this. People can cry all they want it wont change the fact that the Playstation has then biggest instal base for Fortnite and Sony has the luxury on picking whether or not they want to share it with others. Playstation is the biggest reason Fornite is as big as it is now. If they want to they will do it, If they dont they wont. No crying from anyone is going to change what they're business decisions. Playstation owners will enjoy the massive base that plays on that system only. While not having to worry about any other base. This is Sony flexing their muscle, how they should when they want. With them providing all of he's wonderful first party games, and not changing all of their games into GaaS, I support their decision. Now This is my opinion, and its for sure not fact. But we all have our own opinions.

Oh, you mean how games have always worked? Could you have purchased COD on PS3 and carry on progress you had on COD 360? Or any other game for that matter?

Gamers remain the absolute worst

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What ? How is that even possible ?
In what world epic has the right to remove their game from ps4 after people paid for the game in ps4 ?

Epic has zero rights to threaten playstation about removing the game like at all whatsoever.

Epic can offer the game for them and what they purchase for other system of their choice and players should be angry of Sony for this and not Epic. And yes it's their game. They have the right if the platform policy suck.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Oh, you mean how games have always worked? Could you have purchased COD on PS3 and carry on progress you had on COD 360? Or any other game for that matter?

I'm going to write this very clear so you can understand it, OK?

YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR FORTNITE PROGRESS BETWEEN PC, MAC, MOBILE, XBOX, OR NINTENDO.

IF YOU EVER LOG INTO FORNITE ON PLAYSTATION 4, YOU ARE FOREVER LOCKED OUT FROM XBOX OR NINTENDO.

YOU CAN NOT UNLINK YOUR ACCOUNT FROM PSN TO ALLOW YOU TO PLAY ON THOSE CONSOLES.

SONY IS STEALING PEOPLE'S PURCHASES AND LOCKING THEM ONTO THEIR SYSTEM WITHOUT WARNING.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO STUPID FANBOY DEFENSE FOR THAT PRACTICE.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
That Sony response reminds me of "For those without an internet connection we have an offline console, it's called the Xbox 360"

Pretty fucking lame.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017

Neat fact: the iPhone came out the same year as Modern Warfare. Basically, 2018 looks a little different than 2007, so expectations have changed a tiny bit.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Thats great. But they still wont change it no matter how much people in here fuss about it. The real reason they wont change it is because they dont have to.

You think the casuals out here are worried about playing vs xbone and Switch users? You think with the exclusives Sony provides, that people are going to drop them because they wont allow you to play with switch users? lol come on guys. get real

this is incredibly shortsighted. playerbase/units sold aren't forever and this is a good way for sony to lose a big chunk back to MS/Nintendo. next-gen when I go look for a console cross-play will be a feature I could totally be looking for.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
developers/publishers need to make cross-play mandatory. this will make Sony move on the issue fast if the next GTAonline/Battlefield/CoD skips their platform.

I honestly can't tell if posts like this are serious or not. Like you really think EA or Activision is going to refuse to put a game on a system because theres no crossplay? Sony already told EA no once this gen when it came to EA Access and EA responded... by not doing anything.

Conflating the issues here sucks. Crossplay is a business decision, this holding account hostage shit should be illegal.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck dude?!?! SONY IS STEALING PEOPLE'S PURCHASES!!! Epic Accounts created on platforms that are NOT a Sony platform that has Fortnite purchases associated with the account and the account is linked to PSN, that account then for all intents and purposes is a Sony locked account, it CANNOT be used on XBox/Switch.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that my COD copy on PC was being prevented from fucntioning normally on 360 because of my PS3.

Here's a truth bomb: You can say 'no other game works this way' all you want until you're blue in the face: FORTNITE works this fucking way. SONY is stealing players accounts that they may not have spent a fucking dime on on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Oh man... Arrogant Sony is back.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
This an account where Sony allows you to sync from other platforms you created it on, but won't allow the reverse. Your example doesn't make sense.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Epic can offer the game for them and what they purchase for other system of their choice and players should be angry of Sony for this and not Epic. And yes it's their game. They have the right if the platform policy suck.
Lol.

Yes cause everyone playing it on PS4 has another platform sitting right there to play it on.

They aren't removing the game from PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a parody.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you guys need to take a break from the computer before you have a mental breakdown over this.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh. I mean bruh. You're glad because Sony is flexing their muscles, to what end? I mean I like my PS4 but Sony has basically locked me out of handheld Fortnite with my Epic account.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
It probably won't. This has been a standard business practice for a while and they're probably not ready for it. I think of it like with Nintendo and region locking. Everyone complained, there was a media campaign and that was it. Personally for me, this is not a huge priority.

From what I understand I will not be able to use my ps4 account(epic account) another platform and that is problematic. Continue to be upset with that.
The funny thing is...Nintendo listened.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Well the first part of your name does read Joke :/

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's just the developer/publisher blocking it in that case, even though they could totally allow it. Even just cross platform progression, but nah, that's okay.
Except it isn't. Just because you bought a console doesn't mean you need to suit up and storm the beach for them. They're just a company.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait

This is pathetic and you're the reason why I don't want to be labeled as a Sony fanboy.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't tell if posts like this are serious or not. Like you really think EA or Activision is going to refuse to put a game on a system because theres no crossplay? Sony already told EA no once this gen when it came to EA Access and EA responded... by not doing anything.

Conflating the issues here sucks. Crossplay is a business decision, this holding account hostage shit should be illegal.

no, there's too much money to be made. I do how ever think devs/pubs should grow more of a backbone when dealing with the manufacturers.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
So you're okay with someone putting 100 hours into Fortnite on PC and playing just once on a PS4 can now no longer use that account on an Xbox or Switch? The fuck?

Septic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is the kind of comment you expect to read on N4G

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to write this very clear so you can understand it, OK?

YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR FORTNITE PROGRESS BETWEEN PC, MAC, MOBILE, XBOX, OR NINTENDO.

IF YOU EVER LOG INTO FORNITE ON PLAYSTATION 4, YOU ARE FOREVER LOCKED OUT FROM XBOX OR NINTENDO.

YOU CAN NOT UNLINK YOUR ACCOUNT FROM PSN TO ALLOW YOU TO PLAY ON THOSE CONSOLES.

SONY IS STEALING PEOPLE'S PURCHASES AND LOCKING THEM ONTO THEIR SYSTEM WITHOUT WARNING.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY ZERO STUPID FANBOY DEFENSE FOR THAT PRACTICE.
no matter how big the font, shills will still ignore it and make up bs excuses to justify stuff that aren't even the main issue.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? They could absolutely remove the game from PSN store. People that already have downloaded it wouldn't be affected but those who never downloaded it couldn't at that point. That's absolutely within epics right

That would be a ridiculous thing for them to do though. PS4 is the biggest platform for Fortnite, what would they have to gain from removing it? Some goodwill?

Oct 28, 2017
Playstation is the biggest reason Fornite is as big as it is now.

I have seen more than one person make this argument and it doesn't make sense to me.

I mean, did the fact that PUGB is a PC/Xbox exclusive make it so that there was a gap on the PS4 platform that someone could fill with a Battle Royale game? Yes.

But Fortnite isn't where it is because it was in the right place at the right time. Epic used their talents to completely transform what was not a super popular game into the hot game mode right now because they beat the big players to the market and they kept pumping out updates and porting to new platforms to keep that momentum going (aka what PUBG didn't do).

If Fortnite never got a BR mode then some other game would have filled the gap on the PS4. The fact that it was Fortnite is more a credit to Epic than the PS4.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Crossplay aside, the issue that you can't use your Fortnite purchases on another system seems more like an issue with how Epic does their account system, no? Couldn't they theoretically have an account id that tracks all purchases you've made, but let you link that id to whatever alias you want?

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Except it isn't. Get off Sony's dick. Just because you bought a console doesn't mean you need to suit up and storm the beach for them. They're just a company.
Oh really? How isn't the developer/publisher blocking it in every other case?

Just because I don't have tunnel vision doesn't mean I need to pretend that I do.