• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think they will use gold vs silver ink again? That would be boring, I want black ink with golden glitter :(
I'm voting for chaos because I'll forever be Team Callie.

I'm still hoping for an update to 3 stages rotation in turf wars. It's cool that they will make the fest stages available in private battles, but I can't never get together with friends to play.

Guys in the discord organize privates and stuff. You should join and participate there ;)

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been avoiding Discord for years, but perhaps this will finally make me do an account ._.
Is it only rank battles or do you guys do turf wars too?

The guys organize salmon run, private battles (turf + ranked modes), or leagues. They are all very friendly. I'm kinda new on the discord but i've had a blast with everyone.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
This is my worst Splatfest performance.
22:28 ratio, it took me 3.5 hours to reach king and 50 battles. We did win a couple of 10x battles, tho (team unicorn, btw).
I blame it on two things: 1) I was tired AF, I didn't have a chance to rest during the day so I wasn't really into it, and most importantly, 2) I couldn't freaking distinguish between ink colors. It was infuriating. The lighting + the pastel tones made it almost impossible for me to see the difference. I'm colorblind, but the only in-game colors that I've had issues with are (coincidentally) these tones of pink and blue (I hate them :P):
uvA9spv.jpg

By the time I remembered the option to lock colors (which is sooooo boring, btw), it was too late :(

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah there's no way Team Marwhal is winning. Every time I go against my own team we destroy them but when we go against Team Narwhal we get absolutely devastated. Extremely frustrating. I might just pack it up and be content with Champion.

I'll take losing this Splatfest if it means that Team Order wins in the Final Splatfest though.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
This is the worst I've ever done in a session of playing this game, Strongly just considering stopping for the night. I'm having no fun, but the threat of it being the second last ever splatfest makes it hard for me to quit without going queen.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These ink colors were so good and a great shifty station too. I think us narwhals are screwed though

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah there's no way Team Marwhal is winning. Every time I go against my own team we destroy them but when we go against Team Narwhal we get absolutely devastated. Extremely frustrating. I might just pack it up and be content with Champion.

I'll take losing this Splatfest if it means that Team Order wins in the Final Splatfest though.
Wow so I was way wrong and Narwhal won all three categories! Yay! Another victory for Team Marina!

But Pearl looks beyond done with all of this and the results video was eerie. Her being all quiet and just acknowledging Marina when she said that no matter what they would always be friends.

Also I just really really hope Order wins in the final one. That's the team I'm going for!

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Team marina better win the last splatfest, so help me if pearl ends up being the main supporting character in splatoon 3s story mode.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm switching to pearl to bring the chaos into the lame inktopolis.

Also to know more about the salmonids. Remember the chums are #teamchaos

And Callie is there.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Team marina better win the last splatfest, so help me if pearl ends up being the main supporting character in splatoon 3s story mode.
I really think that the loser this time will be the main supporting character in splatoon 3. The way they're advertising this just feels like it'll have way bigger an effect on Splatoon 3 than just "coincidentally an idol got kidnapped & brainwashed", you know?

Like the state of Splatoon 3's world will be whoever the winner's side is (ie: total unbridled chaos or complete rigid order), and the loser side is working to disrupt it because oops it's hell either way and its time we overturn the splatfest

Side note, since the art does have Callie & Marie, it'd be cool if the new songs that come with this aren't just Pearl/Marina solos but Pearl/Callie and Marina/Marie duets. I assume they'll do new songs, anyway.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the European Splatfest got just the usual Splatfest results while North America got

D9OOjyYWsAAhMc0.jpg

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Japan got nothing special during results too, so who knows what got into NoA lol

Also, I agree with r_n about the losing side being the one tutoring the player in S3.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
So the penultimate Splatfest is over, which leaves us with one final Splatfest to cap things up. I am curious on how the final Shifty Station would play out, since it would involve the Killer Wail and the Hyper Bombs (supposedly), and I can foresee a higher degree of destruction even compared to the other Shifty Stations.

I'm more surprised that Team Narwhal is the more popular team, since I assumed unicorns are more popular, and thus are more likely to be picked. Glad to know these whales are loved! The colours are also really good, as with the Kid vs. Grown-Up (although the brown may look a bit disgusting for some people).

After I came back to the game, I have been picking the winning side all the way through: Friends, Waffles, Wizards, Hare, Teleportation, and finally Narwhal. I wasn't as lucky in the past since I was on the losing side pretty often.

It surprised me that in Japan, without pineapple won since it's on Pearl's side, although I guess pineapples are inherently unpopular added flavouring.

Curious to know what changes a future balance patch would be like, since I am pretty sure one or two of them are on the way before the final Splatfest.

Thank you for reading.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the ominous feeling of that dialogue.

Still, after the DLC events it would seem so bad to have pearl and marina as enemies in the next game.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of the Shifty Stations being named after Shoujo manga because Marina's a big Shoujo fan is my favorite Splatoon 2 lore yet.

Also the last Shifty Station is going to have Marina's hypebombs and Pearl's Killer Wail

This is going to run for the last 24 hours of the Splatfest, similar to how the last 24 hours of the Splatfest had the Calamari Inkantation as the music, just more extreme lol

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017

MC.Princess Diaries vs Dear Senpai.
I'm loving the English names :P

Also, the chances for participating in a 100x will be multiplied by 100?

Google translate:
In the final festival, how often a 100-fold match appears will be 100-fold. If you multiply it by twice the roundabout bonus, it's probably 20000 times more likely? ! If you have never encountered a 100-fold match so far, you may be able to meet at the Final Festival. #FinalFest

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we don't have to wait more than 2 years for another Splatoon. More than that's too long for a multiplayer focused game.

The way they treated Arms already saddens me. While I didn't expect Splatoon level fanfare, there was nothing for the final crash party. Unless something surprising happens, Arms didn't even get a final update to add the party crash mutations to be playable in some form.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man these stage names, I'm glad that Marina is a YA novel fan.

Windmill House on the Pearlie and Bridge to Tentaswitchia are ridiculously dumb in the best way. This makes me a little sad that it seems like these are going to be stuck in private battles in the future, with these names they deserve to be in the regular turf war rotation

Knightmare

Oct 25, 2017

If you thought double charger was bad enough, then I introduce you to the triple charger gang where the only shooter is a freaking jr.. what were we even supposed to do here lol.

I moved on to the next game, we started with an instant DC on my team.. we still won this 3v4 fight because guess what.. the other team had two chargers xD
I feel bad for these two players, they lost about 30 points in these two games and it wasn't even their fault.

Please Nintendo, fix this stupid matchmaking before you end the game's support.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we don't have to wait more than 2 years for another Splatoon. More than that's too long for a multiplayer focused game.

The way they treated Arms already saddens me. While I didn't expect Splatoon level fanfare, there was nothing for the final crash party. Unless something surprising happens, Arms didn't even get a final update to add the party crash mutations to be playable in some form.

I suspect Nintendo doesn't want to keep multiplayer games in perpetual development. Even if they go straight back on to splatoon 3 after they finish animal crossing, development won't even be starting until 2020 at which point they might as well be targeting the switch successor instead, since even if it goes well, the game likely won't be done until 2022 as a best case scenario. And then the switch will probably be at the end of its life and not the ideal target for a game series that has gradual content rollouts.

The game hasn't had any real content updates for what, half a year now anyway? I expect they want to sit on it more like mario kart for the rest of the generation instead of continuing to endlessly chase the gaas train.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
4.9.0 Patch tonight.

Sploosh o Matic / Splattershot Jr / Splash o Matic / Aerospray / Dapple Dualies
+Increased damage to Tentabrella shield by 57%

52 Gal
+Increased inkspread at feet by 4%

96 Gal
+Reduced shot waver on the ground by 8%

Luna Blaster
+Increased damage to Tentabrella shield by 25%
+Increased damage to Rainmaker shield by 11%

Clash Blaster / Rapid Blaster / Rapid Blaster Pro
+Increased damage to Rainmaker shield by 11%

Carbon Roller
+Increased damage to Tentabrella shield by 20%

Splat Roller
+Increased damage to Tentabrella shield by 19%

Explosher (a weird one, bear with me)
-Reduced inkspread of explosion by a maximum of 9% in relative to the distance the shot travels from the user from a higher point then the surface the shot hits.
***When the user and the location the shot lands are the same height, there is no change but instead occurs when firing shots from a higher location and the shots land at a lower point. Think falloff damage for weapons where shots deal less damage the longer the shot is in the air but instead it's inkspread when the shot finally lands.

Ballpoint
-During long range mode, increased shot waver x2 immediately after jumping

Curling Bomb / Auto Bomb
+Increased maximum damage from 150 to 180

Stingray (Just replace it with Killer Wail already if you hate it so much)
-If the beam goes through an object, the damage dealt is reduced by 17% (I don't think it stacks because if it does then this special is dead)
-When using Object Shredder, damage dealt to enemy Ink Armor (not Booyah Bomb armor) reduced from x3 to x1.25

Baller
-During explosion, targets at a specific height above the Baller will no longer take 180 damage
***For example if on the same level platform, a user at the height of a Splashdown or an Inkjet user that used B to increase their height will not take 180 damage

Special Point Changes
-Kensa Splattershot Pro 200-210
-L3 Nozzlenose 170-190
-Explosher Custom 210-220

Last edited:

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tentabrella nerf was probably necessary though this feels like it's a little too much. The explosher thing is a little odd but probably a good change as it will incentivize slightly more aggressive play. The Kpro probably deserved to be bumped up to 220, but 210 should make it a less overwhelmingly common pick. The stingray thing is odd, I like the reducing damage if it goes through objects which will be a slight buff for ink wall and bubbles but the object shredder nerf seems unnecessary since few people ran object shredder on a stingray weapon anyway.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
YAY at the Tentabrella nerf. There is no weapon that annoys me most :P

WTF @ the Sting Ray nerf, it's my favorite/most used special. Is it dead yet? >_< At least buff its "thermal" tracking ¬¬
This is a bummer :(

About the Ballpoint: is the waver in effect after a normal jump [in kid form] or is it after landing from a long jump? (people on Twitter weren't sure)

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
YAY at the Tentabrella nerf. There is no weapon that annoys me most :P

WTF @ the Sting Ray nerf, it's my favorite/most used special. Is it dead yet? >_< At least buff its "thermal" tracking ¬¬
This is a bummer :(

About the Ballpoint: is the waver in effect after a normal jump [in kid form] or is it after landing from a long jump? (people on Twitter weren't sure)
While you are in long range mode and jump, so you're obviously in kid form. Most weapons when you're firing and jump, the brackets on your reticle pop wider meaning your shots are less accurate. The brackets come together the closer you get to landing. Ballpoint's long range brackets would barely move when jumping, and that accuracy and insane range is why the Ballpoint is so strong. So that slight bracket movement is going to double tonight.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
While you are in long range mode and jump, so you're obviously in kid form. Most weapons when you're firing and jump, the brackets on your reticle pop wider meaning your shots are less accurate. The brackets come together the closer you get to landing. Ballpoint's long range brackets would barely move when jumping, and that accuracy and insane range is why the Ballpoint is so strong. So that slight bracket movement is going to double tonight.
Thank you!

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
I played a couple of hours last night and the Stingray nerf is VERY noticeable T_T
Oh, I didn't realize the L-3 Nozzlenose was nerfed too :(

TIvo9Oz.png

Last edited:

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
The square was full of chaos supporters so I felt safe choosing order as the unpopular vote. Then when I got into lobbies, all I saw was order tees. D'oh! Or maybe team order is keener to get its gear sorted and perfected three weeks in advance while team chaos doesn't care about such things. Makes sense.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Official t-shirts for the Final Fest will be sold at Nintendo store mid-july, and will also give in-game stuff.

Need to fetch me an EU one since I decided an EU copy would be a better choice back then ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌
(it kinda was tbh)

Nov 18, 2017
Official t-shirts for the Final Fest will be sold at Nintendo store mid-july, and will also give in-game stuff.

Need to fetch me an EU one since I decided an EU copy would be a better choice back then ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌
(it kinda was tbh)

There's also some awesome looking posters for 300 platinum points. I wish they'd announce a sale date, because I imagine they will go quick.

splatposter.900x.jpg