Other than the inevitable Splatoon 4, what do you wanna see Splatoon do next?

• Spinoff like a turn based strategy game or musou

Votes: 164 17.3%
  • Spinoff like a grand scale single player only game similar to Mario Odyssey or Mario Galaxy

Votes: 630 66.5%
  • Collaborations (Splatoon X whatever franchise)

Votes: 154 16.2%

• Total voters

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Oh boy, SweatFest!

It could be which of three exercises you like/hate doing the most.

Assuming the original schedule for the game's post-launch service remains on track, the final fest for S3 should happen some time around the end of August/early September. I'm still hoping they do something unique and cool for it compared to the other fests, but also trying to keep my expectations low. The real curiosity remains whatever the theme might be, assuming they stick with the idea of the final fest having some sort of impact on S4's style.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
It would be a little goofy to do an idol splatfest in-universe when Shiver and Frye do not like the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook

Recent datamining makes me think that updates probably won't end in September but I'm curious to see how they'll actually schedule whatever is left. I guess we'll be seeing the next season in about three weeks so maybe they'll give us some indication then. That said, I still don't expect anything to be added after June 1 other than weapons/Splatfests/maybe more challenges

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have concluded there are 2 types of stupid Marooner's Bay freelancers:
1) Aggro freelancers who never return to the basket
2) Wannabe overfishers who never leave the top of the ship

Category #1 happens on every Salmon map but oh boy do they never return on Marooner's Bay. Insta-loss if you get two of these players on your team. So the #2 type of player happens with the over-luring. But they refuse to adjust their strategy when a random teammate isn't doing it, and will finish the round doing very little and killing 400 pts of enemies. Or in high tide, we can never cross the grated area ever again because they are so passive.

I really hope they don't bring this stage back in Splatoon 4.

Rachelskiiiiiii released the first half of her massive Glowflies guide. She's pretty legit; she regularly uploads EVP400->999 runs with Freelance matchmaking where she doesn't fail a single run.

Thanks for sharing this! This was a good watch.

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
Ah! So there is a Splatoon OT!

Guess I have a place to post about the weird matches and weird gear builds I try on weapons.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sizzle Season 2024's coming...

c3dd2566-cc0c-47e7-b692-b24c84cddc0c_text.gif

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
Some people are assuming a content extension might be announced, and this was due to some data mines I won't be posting.
I hope we do get something because I've been disappointed with the games updates for a while now. I don't think the seasonal update model worked out for this game.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/1786017807466959167?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"Save the day" is a little misleading. In the Japanese tweet, it's "Find a way to stop it (the world ending)", so I think a more clear translation would be "Fight back" I suppose. They're all kind of weirdly phrased, IMO

"Spend the day the same as always", "Do everything you've always wanted", "Objective: Survive"

I was burned out of Splatfests around the middle of Splat 2, but I'm REALLY burned out on them now... Really wish we had more Big Runs per season

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/SplatoonNA/status/1786017807466959167?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"Save the day" is a little misleading. In the Japanese tweet, it's "Find a way to stop it (the world ending)", so I think a more clear translation would be "Fight back" I suppose. They're all kind of weirdly phrased, IMO

"Spend the day the same as always", "Do everything you've always wanted", "Objective: Survive"

I was burned out of Splatfests around the middle of Splat 2, but I'm REALLY burned out on them now... Really wish we had more Big Runs per season

At least we got some nice classic splatfest art.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Great Splatfest concept! My initial instinct is to join Team Big Man, especially since a lot of the more aggressive players might pick that. But it also kinda feels like the one young children would go for.

They totally should've have done Big Runs more frequently! I get the labor issues involved with designing brand new Salmon layouts. But they could have done a rerun in the middle of the season as a change of pace. I hope they decide to do Big Reruns after new content ends.

Speaking of Salmon Run, the new Knockout Boots are available. They change color too, so they match last month's mask really well. I wanna get a whole lucha build together now.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I can't imagine making a second Big Run map would be that much more difficult than the 3 tri color maps. But it doesn't even have to be a new map, we can go to one of the old ones and it gives players another chance to get one of the older ornaments

If we're being super technical, we kind of have three Salmon Run events. Big Run, Eggstra Work, and I'm counting Grizzco Weapon rotation dammit!

Speaking of....uh....I kinda completely forgot about Eggstra Work being announced like a week ago. Whoops
Splattershot Jr
Sloshing Machine
Rapid Blaster
Hydra
@ Jammin Salmon Junction

Looks great. Great map and great weapon set, I especially like Hydra there since it wipes the sea clean. But, it's the same thing as usual, each attempt is too gosh darn long at about 10 minutes each. And the first few waves being so low level makes it very obnoxious to get to a wave that matters. There's two things I'd change: If you get double quota, you're given another special but can't hold more than two. It would encourage more liberal use of Specials which results in more eggs and, frankly, it would just be more entertaining to do as it is very satisfying to lay waste to bosses and mobs with specials. And the other thing, say it with me, fight a King during Wave 5. Helps grind bosses and scales, but raises the question of how to calculate a high school of gold eggs as you can't deposit eggs during a King fight. So I'd say for every scale you get, that's 4 or 5 egg bonus to your score. Something like that. I mean it's not gonna happen, nor any changes coming to it at this point. It just sucks to think about the potential being wasted

That's the subtitle of Splatoon 3 at this point honestly.....

I'm thinking trailer drop on....the 16th or 17th

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
SO is becoming good with all type of weapons so now we are planning specific specials combos:).
Now I feel I have access to another level of builds, 600+ hours and this game keeps getting more and more fun, wonderful

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
I really can't understand the triplette gun, firing with it feels clunky and can't master its timing right, I'm relying completely on its kits for now:).
Anyway my road to S+10 begin(s+0 right now)

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
I'm happy they're dropping Twitter support, and I was annoyed I couldn't make plaza posts without an account. This change also feels expected, especially with Musk charging obscene amounts of money for the API.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Splatfest voting is live. Do the same thing as always, do everything you've ever wanted, try to save the world / prevent the world's end?

I'm beyond burnt out on Splatfests so I'm just voting green to avoid mirrors (will it avoid mirrors??) and I like the color. I'd go with the red color but in past splatfests, hotter color ink tends to look neon and hurts my eyes really bad which is why I usually vote with what has the cooler temperature colors

Also going off of past trends, we should get the next season trailer next Thursday / Friday

I am being reminded with the fastest speed conceivable....why I stopped doing Eggstra Work. I'm having multiple attempts with teammates dying in the double digits

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Last chance to place your bets…
www.resetera.com

Place Your Bets: Will Splatoon 3 content support end after Sizzle Season 2024 (June to August/September 2024) or be extended past that? Nintendo

Side Order & Fresh Season 2024 are both gonna breath a ton of new life into Splatoon 3, with the latter adding a new Splatfest gimmick alongside the usual stage (seemingly only one this time unless we get another one announced on Twitter), weapons, & alternate kits. But while some data was...
Hmm...if things are indicating to an actual summer fest, then I feel like there has to be at least one more update for Final Fest.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be very upset if content ends for Splat 3 as soon as I actually start getting into this series now :(

notoracle

Aug 24, 2023
I'm going to be disappointed because of the lackluster quality of updates compared to Splatoon 2. There were some impactful balance changes, weapon kits, mechanics changed/added, an entirely new ranked mode, 2 amazing new subs, and amazing stages compared to 3.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
The most concrete evidence for later updates is that they added slots for two new main weapons that (almost certainly) won't be added alongside the new splatana and stringer next season. Who knows what those will turn out to be, though

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I still think whether we get a trailer this week or next really just depends on if there's anything particularly special they have to show off for it being (presumably) the final content season. Since it seems doubtful that any new full modes or anything are still in the works, if this is like most seasons and we're just getting the remaining seconds kits, hopefully a new stringer and splatana, a new map or two, catalog gear and some relatively small feature addition, they could save that for after the fest and they'd still basically have two full business weeks to twitter-post about it. If there's something more significant, then a trailer this week to drive intrigue and then start going immediately into details on Monday could work. I'm intentionally keeping my expectations pretty low for all of it, though, since that feels like it more follows the overall trend in seasonal content for this game.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be this week, hence why they released the splatfest art early

I expect the new stringer and splatana, 6 other kits, 1 new stage, 1 new King Salmonid, & a returning band. No special splatfest this season. 1 more Big Run stage and 3 more tricolor stages.

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
Tomorrow seems very likely. May 16 is when Sizzle season was revealed last year and they've revealed every season so far between the 13-18

I expect the new stringer and splatana, 6 other kits, 1 new stage, 1 new King Salmonid, & a returning band. No special splatfest this season. 1 more Big Run stage and 3 more tricolor stages.

Yeah, this is probably accurate although it's very likely we're getting a new Grizzco weapon too

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The new stage looks potentially great.. finally what we have been asking for.

There are many theories going around about that Jelly at the end...namely they have aspects of all three groups on.

Magnet_Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ProChara posted his estimated specials for the weapons after watching the trailer slowed

Range Blaster: Kraken
Dousers: Inkstrike
Heavy Edit: Crab Tank (HRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Hydra: Splattercolor Screen
Recycled: Splashdown (th-thanks...? This Brella better get some buffs AND FAST)
Mint Splatana: Bubbler
Bamboo: Super Chump
Wellstring: Ultra Stamp

Unrelated and I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions but, during the trio King fight I don't see any lesser Salmonids. If they sit out the fight, it still looks extremely hard to win but has has become considerably more plausible

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
ProChara posted his estimated specials for the weapons after watching the trailer slowed

Heavy Edit: Crab Tank (HRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Heavy Edit + Crab Tank seems super-tasty. Very curious about what sub the Dousers will get; hopefully it's something decent for it. The vanilla kit works fine, but I definitely am not great with the mines overall. Bamboo with Chump also seems quite good, potentially. Plenty of chip damage to bring enemies within one-shot range. And CRB is obviously a very nice returning kit.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
With kits like these, why'd they even bother putting the Recycled Brella in the game? I'm also a bit saddened by the thought of the Dousers getting tri-strike; something that cuts back on that weapon's mobility even more than the single roll already does feels like some anti-synergy to me. I don't know what tri-strike enables on it that wouldn't be better served by giving it literally any throwable bomb sub.

As for the new weapons, stamp on Wellstring seems...puzzling...but it's hard to judge when we don't seem to get a lot of details on how its shooting works.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
With kits like these, why'd they even bother putting the Recycled Brella in the game? I'm also a bit saddened by the thought of the Dousers getting tri-strike; something that cuts back on that weapon's mobility even more than the single roll already does feels like some anti-synergy to me. I don't know what tri-strike enables on it that wouldn't be better served by giving it literally any throwable bomb sub.

As for the new weapons, stamp on Wellstring seems...puzzling...but it's hard to judge when we don't seem to get a lot of details on how its shooting works.
I'm not the biggest fan of Tri-Strike, but the Dousers are usually playing at a fairly long range and thus a fair bit safer when activating compared to stuff like Ttek and Slosher. So I think it should work well enough for it!

Also, apparently Bamboo has Fizzy + Chumps, which is absolutely nuts.

EDIT: Regarding the Recycled Brella...well, I like it in Salmon Run, at least!

Last edited:

seeds

Jun 25, 2019
You can't clearly see Dousers ink tank line in the trailer but it seems to be below 50%. If it has Burst/Strikes then that's really good, and if it has Angle Shooter/Strikes that's really bad lol

Really excited to see how the Mint Decavitator plays (I can't believe they're doing a pun on decapitator). Not sure about Bubble on it, but hopefully it works. I'm pretty happy with these kits overall and the stage looks cool

Also I'm seeing a lot of people make the mistake of assuming that the Wellstring player in the trailer is wearing sub saver, but they probably aren't, unless that new hood has it. People are mistaking the Layered Camo shirt for the White Tee (I made the same mistake at first because I didn't notice the sleeves) so they're actually wearing a main of special charge up

This means that the kit is probably Autobomb/Ultra Stamp

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Very few weapons would ever be genuinely happy to see a big bubbler on their kit, but I will say that I can at least see the intended logic on something like the Decavitator. Bubble works decently well on something like the Splat Roller because roller having the close range OHKO flick means that any opponent coming near or entering the bubble is knowingly taking a big risk. The Decav having its wide horizontal swing as the charged slash gives it similar OHKO threat, or could even charge from within the safety of the bubble and then dash out of it to one-shot someone on the outside.

Now, thinking about its fellow newcomer the Wellstring seemingly having ultra stamp...I'm really not sure what the thinking is there. I guess they wanted it to have some sort of close range option in case someone dives them? Or you litter an area with five explosive arrows and then immediately pop 'n chuck the stamp to take out someone slowed by the mini-bomb ink? But in that case I think the Inkline Tri-Stringer kinda already has the market covered for that "just overwhelm them with sheer amount of stuff" bow playstyle.

St. Eam the 3rd

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 18, 2022
Fingers crossed that we get our Sizzle Season 2024 trailer a minute from now.

Unrelated and I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions but, during the trio King fight I don't see any lesser Salmonids. If they sit out the fight, it still looks extremely hard to win but has has become considerably more plausible
Uuuuu recicled splashdown:)