Other than the inevitable Splatoon 4, what do you wanna see Splatoon do next?

• Spinoff like a turn based strategy game or musou

Votes: 164 17.3%
  • Spinoff like a grand scale single player only game similar to Mario Odyssey or Mario Galaxy

Votes: 630 66.5%
  • Collaborations (Splatoon X whatever franchise)

Votes: 154 16.2%

• Total voters
Scan this QR Code to get a cool free banner for Spla3!
  • super-famicom

Avenger
    Oct 26, 2017
    Mediking can you please threadmark this? If you scan this QR code with the Nintendo App on your phone you get a commemorative launch banner for use in game:

View: https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1568070900490338304

Screenshot_20220911-072008.png

Last edited:
    Wanna use Amiibo for Spla3? Well, this is how you do it and what it unlocks
  • super-famicom

Avenger
    Oct 26, 2017
    Oh and if anybody discovers something and feels like it should be threadmarked, lemme know!

Maybe this? It shows what gear you get with each Splatoon Amiibo. If you have save data from Splatoon 2 stored in it, you get all three pieces at once, otherwise it's one at a time and I dunno how long it takes between each piece.

game8.co

All Amiibo Gear and Unlocks | New Amiibo Pre-order and Release Date Guide | Splatoon 3|Game8

Scan Amiibo in Splatoon 3 in order to unlock various gear and other rewards! Read on to learn the release date to new Splatoon 3 Amiibo and how to pre-order it, how to scan them and get Amiibo gear, all their unlocks and other functionalities, and how to fix Amiibo Gear not unlocking.

Check this out! Here’s how to unlock NPC Tableturf card sleeves!
  • Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
    Alrighty, I can confirm you get an NPC's card sleeves on the 30th win against them on level 3. So if you like a particular NPC, get 30 wins against them to rep them when you're an NPC for others. You can tell what their sleeves look like because they use them when you battle them. Just unlocked Harmony's, and she was way tougher than Sheldon because her map has two possible paths, so it's possible to get countered hard and not be able to recover, especially if you get some unlucky draws.

View: https://twitter.com/DerpyVivi/status/1569551056362950656?s=20&t=sD3lPKiK6tVaajKSOhEmkg

Now I just need to get to 30 and figure out what I need to do to face Deep Cut so that they're available. I guess I'll work on defeating all the NPCs once, then work from there.

Era member Numberfox explains Tableturf in detail! Check it out so you can become a expert duelist!
  • Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
    b) any advice on tableturf deck building? I have no idea how to see what's good or not
    Here's my past posts on Tableturf:
    Here's what I ended up on specifically for Harmony to get my 30 wins on level 3. Judd's map is smaller so your total block count should probably be a tad smaller, but you can copy the general idea of mainly using straight cards to cut off Judd from turf.

493-CA7-E0-0-D3-E-4-D3-D-BFEC-A2654-A81-E731.jpg

No prob, love talking about this card game. Literally made that screenshot earlier because folks on Reddit were asking for my deck list after explaining that 30 wins got you an NPC's card sleeve.

I guess to add on to that for the "card combos" you were asking for since I apparently saved a bunch of replays when fighting Harmony. First replay is about how the cards are very well-situated for chaining a bunch of special points with the splat bomb specifically, or other similarly small straight cards. The majority of the cards are strictly straight lines with little in the way of diagonals, allowing you to better position them to be in the perfect spots to be completely filled by a well-placed Splat Bomb. This one in particular was basically overkill on the combo I made, generating 5 special points with a single card, but it demonstrates the basic idea of what you should be aiming for towards the endgame in order to end with special points for a powerful special.

View: https://twitter.com/DerpyVivi/status/1569810905214627841?s=20&t=__EaZ9CmFpGr4pU2DZT8nA

Next up is the use of Stinger, or any similarly long card like the Splatanas or the Splat Charger, to both cut off the opponent and keep your ink on their turf. They all have good distance while still being an aggressively low block count, allowing you to win direct confrontations and keep the area in your favor. In this replay, Stringer managed to both completely seal off the area from Harmony, while still keeping some ink on the her side, allowing me to claim more of her turf on the following turns.

View: https://twitter.com/DerpyVivi/status/1569813024634183680?s=20&t=-3VN0fJojbxFvyijTFNaAg

Finally, here's a two parter from the same match, focusing on both the Splatana Wiper, or similar two-special small cards and ending on special cards, which are all the cards named after specials (Inkjet, Tacticooler, Wavebreaker, etc.) that all have great point to block ratio (only 3 special points for 12 blocks) at the cost of having no special point themselves. In the first replay, Harmony managed to cut me off pretty well, so I was forced to use a special to break through her turf. Because she was convinced that area was safe for that turn, she focused on the left area of the map which was still contested by me, allowing me to start placing cards in her top turf area.

View: https://twitter.com/DerpyVivi/status/1569816814301106177?s=20&t=3JBIyQCRHwedaolUGNno3g

She still had the advantage in overall blocks at this point of the match up until the end, but this move kept me in a competitive spot to overtake her on the final turn. She was up 84 to 72, but because I had saved up 3 special points for the final turn, I could unleash inkjet for a potential 24 block swing towards the end, which I knew she couldn't counter because she went into the final turn with only 1 special point, resulting in a win for me with 83 to 75. So the general flow of the endgame is to find a way to guarantee 3 special points by the last turn with your special in hand, even if that involves passing a turn which will result in passively generating a special point. Keep in mind you can only use a special from a special point block, so position some cards in a way that their special point is directly next to enemy turf.

View: https://twitter.com/DerpyVivi/status/1569817197295595520?s=20&t=3JBIyQCRHwedaolUGNno3g

Been playing more Tableturf, and I'd like to bring attention to two really good one-off cards to add to your Tableturf deck, the Blaster and Range Blaster regardless of strategy for every map aside from Double Gemini (6 out of 7).
    2-EEA43-FE-D91-E-45-F6-9399-98-D13-E712-D06.jpg

The starter deck has the Blaster, so everyone has at least one of them. The cards are relatively straight, so can contribute to straight line strategies, have aggressively low block counts for decent direct combat potential, has a small diagonal, allowing you to take advantage of diagonal opportunities without getting in the way of an overall straight line game plan, but most importantly, these are the only two cards capable of generating a special point on any straight map without any assistance. Almost no other card can generate a special point immediately on turn 1, and only the Blasters can as effortlessly generate a special point on demand as long as you plan for it. Here's examples of the Blaster instantly generating a special point if you get it in your opening hand for every map aside from Double Gemini (which uses diagonal edges instead of straight ones).

Tableturf-specific rewards are new maps to play on and personal card sleeves from beating named NPCs 30 times on level 3. Outside Tableturf, you can unlock banners/badges/a title for your splashtag, a locker decoration/sticker, and an emote for after victories in PvP/Salmon Run. There may be additional stuff past that, but nobody's gone high enough to really say at this point. There'll eventually be an update that unlocks PvP later down the line as well, which could be fun, especially if it has stuff like Ranked or additional rewards, maybe even contribute to the catalog since it's an online activity.

Discord is now live! Astro made a Splatoon 3 Discord! Wanna hang out there? Shoot Astro a DM and get a Discord Invite!
  • astro

Oct 25, 2017
    Discord is up, come join us!

No need to DM and wait anymore, invite is right here!

Actually, Mediking, sorry to make you work, but could you threadmark this one instead. Sorry!

Here's the Discord link

Hidden content
    You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
    Check out this really cool build analyzer! Find out what makes your gear/abilities work
  • Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
    For folks who want to theorycraft their builds, there's a build analyzer now if you want to min-max your gear and figure out what your sub/main abilities will do on your gear exactly. A complete set of Special Power Up for example buffs Tacticooler from 15 seconds to 25 seconds. I'd probably splash some special charge up and maybe ink saver or sub weapon defense since they're abilities not buffed by Tacticooler. There's still some stuff that needs to be added, but it's a solid start.

View: https://twitter.com/Sendouc/status/1572283991067074561?s=20&t=F_L5mYMLi-f9URMwMMf19g

New Discord Link invite!
  • super-famicom

Avenger
    Oct 26, 2017
    Here's the link:

Hidden content
    You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Mediking can you threadmark this and remove the threadmark for the previous Discord link? Guess that one expired.

Last edited:
    Here is information regarding progress in story mode and unlockables!
  • Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
    So is this find every area of interest and leave no parts unknown?

Since this is a new page I'll quote this in case more folks aren't sure. Doing this for every site gets the post-game unlock the Shel-drone after beating the campaign.

I'll spoiler what I did just in case
    Fd8qgpoacAAj7oK

This is what a fully surveyed map looks like. You can tell you're done with a site when there's a green "Surveyed" on the left of the map. There will be a light translucent green "Area of Interest" over some parts if there's still hidden stuff/Sunken Scroll balloons (the blue ones that you need to follow and shoot/bomb) you need to grab, and the "Parts Unknown" can be tricky since it can be hard to see on the black background, as even I tiny square of Parts Unknown will stop you from having a completely Surveyed map. It helps to turn off the Kettle Display (ZL) and stare hard at the map to see if a tiny spot that you might not have walked/inked over. I believe inking counts as surveying, so you can ink the edges of the map just to be safe in case you have a hard time seeing what you're missing. The eye/camera thing that raises up will help to spot hidden stuff you're missing, especially if you're looking at a green Area of Interest section. Smallfry will also help, but both will also locate some random hidden power eggs that don't contribute uncovering the map, so you gotta be extra thorough.

For the Sunken Scroll balloons, Burst bombs were really helpful for some tricky balloons, especially in the later sites.

ALSO, you don't need to do any kettles for it to be considered surveyed, since it's just concerned about the hub world. I literally didn't touch a single kettle in some sites and have it fully surveyed still, so don't worry about that if you're just concerned about fully surveying the sites. Here's an example of a fully surveyed site with 0 kettles completed.
    Fd8to2kaAAEVpQ3

On top of this, the app can also tell you your progress for surveying Alterna, and you'll get phone wallpapers based on your progress.
    FeAhbYhWIAgtIyK

Seeing all the progress.

FeAhbMuWYAMdBt1

You can see all the times for your clears in the app as well.

FeAhbBkWIAE1_Eb

An example of fully exploring the site without touching a kettle on it.

This is all super useful, thank you so much!

No prob~

Last edited: