Other than the inevitable Splatoon 4, what do you wanna see Splatoon do next?

• Spinoff like a turn based strategy game or musou

Votes: 164 17.3%
  • Spinoff like a grand scale single player only game similar to Mario Odyssey or Mario Galaxy

Votes: 630 66.5%
  • Collaborations (Splatoon X whatever franchise)

Votes: 154 16.2%

• Total voters

DumbNameD

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying Salmon Run but I hate that it's basically designed to eventually become incredibly difficult with no good way to move downwards. I don't know how I'll ever beat one of the extra bosses, either. So no unlocks for me :(
You can demote yourself at the sign-up counter, but I think that just makes you go back to the lowest rank.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
Is the gyro well implemented here? I'm sued to using it for fine adjustments, but some games (looking at you Rise/Sunbreak with your weird axis stuff) can have wonky implementations.

Cheers, can't wait!
Yes, I even use the gyro and I have shaky hands with my disability, the gyro is for small movements not wiggling around, its great!
A bit of a learning curve though

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I even use the gyro and I have shaky hands with my disability, the gyro is for small movements not wiggling around, its great!
A bit of a learning curve though
I'm used to gyro like this so throwing it in while I'm learning everything else shouldn't be a problem. I also have some issues with my hands sometimes, so that's really good to know thank you!

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
How's the campaign ya all?

Is it worth it?

A bit easy, but probably the best one so far. Even though the bosses are a bit forgettable this time (except for the last one).

There's a lot of variety, and exploring the hub and trying to find the collectibles is fun. However the last stage isn't as strong as Splatoon 2's who still has the strongest finish imo.

Now I need an expansion in the same vein as Octo with more challenge as it was over too quickly.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Now I need an expansion in the same vein as Octo with more challenge as it was over too quickly.

Splatoon-3-Paid-DLC.jpg

MC Princess will deliver us. believe

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Reached level 10, forgot how much fun these games can be. My hand was hurting, but it was worth it.

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
How do I know the number of levels there are in each island? Thanks
If there are still glowing green spots on the map then you possibly have an undiscovered level. Additionally, the Alterna Log gets filled in for each completed level in a given section, so if the log is fully complete (indicated with a checkmark) then that means the area is fully cleared.

That said, none of the kettles are easy to miss. I think the most complex area was Site 2, and even then it wasn't hard to find all the levels.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
holy shit that bow rail level in campaign was killing me

at least i know more about the bow now

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
If there are still glowing green spots on the map then you possibly have an undiscovered level. Additionally, the Alterna Log gets filled in for each completed level in a given section, so if the log is fully complete (indicated with a checkmark) then that means the area is fully cleared.

That said, none of the kettles are easy to miss. I think the most complex area was Site 2, and even then it wasn't hard to find all the levels.
Ah I see. I checked in the Alterna Log the island is cleared but that refers to the levels I think, because I still have glowing green areas in the map, maybe for items yet to be discovered?

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is there anything to improve the constant connection errors I'm getting trying to play online? I'm getting more connection errors than matches.

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022
Finally had a stretch of good games last night, had to be a lot more aggro then how I was playing before hand, but had a good win streak. Was using the Zapper still (which was my favorite in S2), and still enjoy it.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Wow, it took me way to much time to figure out where the lockers are.
I'll only buy squid plushies. One of each colour. And some stickers. Don't need anything else in my locker.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hit rank 24 in tableturf, just 6 more to go for my emote/badge. I've gotten screwed sometimes by my small cards being at the bottom of my deck, which I needed since I setup my board to get multiple special points to get my special on my last turn. Still a card game at the end of the day, so putting all my eggs in the small card basket probably isn't the best. Should spend some more time thinking how to just get special points from two or three card combos instead of relying on small cards.
On my 5th or 6th game I finally got my first win, and a big one: 100-65. Your tips were helpful and I think I also wasn't being agressive enough. Thanks!
Great to hear! You'll get a neat banner, titles, a sticker, an emote, and a badge of if stick with it. Maybe even more, but I don't think anyone's gotten past 30 yet.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
holy shit that bow rail level in campaign was killing me

at least i know more about the bow now
I have felt every campaign "god that was a pain" post you've made so far. That bow level was driving me mad. I kept making it right up to the end and then screwing myself over by hitting the boxes directly.

Was as fun as it was frustrating, though!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I have felt every campaign "god that was a pain" post you've made so far. That bow level was driving me mad. I kept making it right up to the end and then screwing myself over by hitting the boxes directly.

Was as fun as it was frustrating, though!
yeah main thing was i could feel i was getting better as i went. the real key was realising i shouldn't actually be aiming for the boxes for like 80% of the targets

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Is there anything to improve the constant connection errors I'm getting trying to play online? I'm getting more connection errors than matches.
Have you restarted the game/Switch after getting a couple? I haven't had many communication errors, maybe like 2 or so since launch, but the first thing I've read when googling fixes is to restart.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
Think I've tried all the solutions people shared and it always results in the errors. It's clearly an issue on Nintendo's side. No other multiplayer game I play results in such constant errors.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuck saaaake

Was going to finally win a Series, but this idiot on my team got the Rainmaker... during a Wipeout... a few feet away from the final checkpoint... and just started going in circles with it. This gave the opposing team enough time to regroup and use all their specials to knock us out.

Why

Goob_Alert

Aug 28, 2022
Fuck saaaake

Was going to finally win a Series, but this idiot on my team got the Rainmaker... during a Wipeout... a few feet away from the final checkpoint... and just started going in circles with it. This gave the opposing team enough time to regroup and use all their specials to knock us out.

Why
Thus is everyone being in B-

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait is there no way to change the primary trait of an item? I have a hat I really like but it has Tenacity as its primary trait which...how does that even work? Doesn't the game disconnect when there's a player dc'd???

Won a match—game disconnected right at the 'game' screen.

My team won, I was the top player, (my husband and I were on the same team, playing in the same room and his didn't disconnect) and I got none of the exp. points, catalogue points, etc.

My soul hurts.

The disconnects in general are annoying and I hope they get ironed out soon. Otherwise, the game is a blast!

Finally found my groove with the N Zapper and Dualies, I want to use wiper-sword-thing so bad but I suck with it, and I really want a badge for Salmon Run (didn't play it in 2 but it is my addiction this go round), but I'm a ways off from 10,000 points. XD

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Wait is there no way to change the primary trait of an item? I have a hat I really like but it has Tenacity as its primary trait which...how does that even work? Doesn't the game disconnect when there's a player dc'd???
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Tenacity

Tenacity is active if your team has fewer active players for any reason, including your team dying as the most likely case. Also, if someone DCs later into a match, the game will go on.

Additionally, you can change main abilities at Murch, but I believe it requires Super Sea Snails, which you get from Splatfests or (if it's like Splatoon 2) leveling past level 30.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Tenacity

Tenacity is active if your team has fewer active players for any reason, including your team dying as the most likely case. Also, if someone DCs later into a match, the game will go on.

Additionally, you can change main abilities at Murch, but I believe it requires Super Sea Snails, which you get from Splatfests or (if it's like Splatoon 2) leveling past level 30.
Oh I see. Thanks. Guess I gotta wait then. And thats not so bad then.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow pulled off One-Way Ride through Target Town with the Tri-Stringer on my first try.

I'll take this as a medal of honor.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So apparently beating an NPC enough times in Tableturf yields their card sleeves, Sheldon forked over an Ammo Knights card sleeves after I beat him enough times. I don't know the exact amount since I was just hard grinding him, but I'm at 33 level 3 wins, so maybe you get an NPC's card sleeves once you've beaten their level 3 30 times. Well, I guess I'm swapping to Harmony to see if she gives me her card sleeves after 30 wins. You also get another Tableturf banner at rank 25, which is why I stopped farming him at that point.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Does anyone know roughly how long it took from 1 and 2 to their first big update (e.g. maps, tweaks, new weapons, etc)? In my memory it feels like they waited a month or so and then started the 1-2 month rotation.

Wanna use Amiibo for Spla3? Well, this is how you do it and what it unlocks

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh and if anybody discovers something and feels like it should be threadmarked, lemme know!

Maybe this? It shows what gear you get with each Splatoon Amiibo. If you have save data from Splatoon 2 stored in it, you get all three pieces at once, otherwise it's one at a time and I dunno how long it takes between each piece.

game8.co

All Amiibo Gear and Unlocks | New Amiibo Pre-order and Release Date Guide | Splatoon 3|Game8

Scan Amiibo in Splatoon 3 in order to unlock various gear and other rewards! Read on to learn the release date to new Splatoon 3 Amiibo and how to pre-order it, how to scan them and get Amiibo gear, all their unlocks and other functionalities, and how to fix Amiibo Gear not unlocking.