Other than the inevitable Splatoon 4, what do you wanna see Splatoon do next?

• Spinoff like a turn based strategy game or musou

Votes: 164 17.3%
  • Spinoff like a grand scale single player only game similar to Mario Odyssey or Mario Galaxy

Votes: 630 66.5%
  • Collaborations (Splatoon X whatever franchise)

Votes: 154 16.2%

• Total voters

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
you have no idea how lucky you are to live in a world where salmon run was just not available for days

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it feel like the comm errors got worse? Regularly getting disconnected or someone in the match does. It also happens before and after matches. It's insane since before the update it wasn't nearly as frequent from what I can remember.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Why does it feel like the comm errors got worse? Regularly getting disconnected or someone in the match does. It also happens before and after matches. It's insane since before the update it wasn't nearly as frequent from what I can remember.
Nintendo's servers for this game are currently operating at approximately 200 degrees Fahrenheit, I assume, and getting hotter by the moment.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's ok I accidentally did a squid roll during tower control to dodge a charge that made me feel pretty slick until I hit the water....

Yeah I think its because the lore is really tight, its not in your face,though I wouldn't mind more? I think the reason so many people vibed with Octo Expansion was the more direct focus on storytelling, but also they put a ton of small details in the world. I know some people would bite me for saying this about a AAA game but there is a lot of *love* in every aspect of splatoon

Yeah I am a vet and I'm surprised how much I love this one it's way up there in my GOTY list, Splatoon 2 I didn't pay as much attention too as I would have liked because XIV ate all my time but I've pretty much permanently quit that game and Splatoon 3 (with a bit of MonHun and Pokemon) is filling that gap. Its something you can honestly play for years and never get bored, especially once you make friends and have a little group to play with! The splatfests have an amazing positive energy that does a lot to keep the game lively too.
For sure.

I really like their solution to the hub world. Instead of active players running around, having then hanging out and showing of their threads and their (often super creative) posts makes the world feel really alive even though you're alone.

It avoids all the pitfalls of populates hub worlds too (I'm sure there are some inappropriate posts sometimes, but not seen anything yet).

And the PvP feels like a party game almost, I can be quite competitive with shooters but - win or lose - I have a total blast in Splatoon and and if things aren't going my way in PvP, I can play some cards to relax, or take a Grizco shift or two, or work on my locker, browse the shops, practise other weapons and work on my builds, or run around town and check other players posts and fashions and put in any orders if I like what I see.

Just feels like an expression of joy all round. Exactly what i needed right now.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
For sure.

I really like their solution to the hub world. Instead of active players running around, having then hanging out and showing of their threads and their (often super creative) posts makes the world feel really alive even though you're alone.

It avoids all the pitfalls of populates hub worlds too (I'm sure there are some inappropriate posts sometimes, but not seen anything yet).

And the PvP feels like a party game almost, I can be quite competitive with shooters but - win or lose - I have a total blast in Splatoon and and if things aren't going my way in PvP, I can play some cards to relax, or take a Grizco shift or two, or work on my locker, broase the shops, practise other weapons and work on my builds, or run around town and check other players posts and fashions and put in any orders if I like what I see.

Just feels like an expression of joy all round. Exactly what i needed right now.
Exact same here, this game came out when I was needed it most which is why I'm so hard into it I think! It helps a lot that they made the losing screen not linger as long or play this almost taunting music like it did in 2, that made it really demoralizing as others have said previously in the thread. Very interested to see how this first proper splatfest goes!

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Apologies if this is weird but my FC is SW-5765-0660-0514 if anyone wants to play sometime, I play pretty much every mode and I'm on most every day lately. Everyone here has been very nice and helpful so I'm game to help in a couple of matches every so often! If I'm on tonight it'll be a bit later though I *really* tore my wrists up playing so long yesterday
Shot you a friend Invite. My FC is 0126-6126-6042, and I'm usually playing later in the evening on PST on weekdays, and intermittently on weekends. Usually with my wife. Feel free to hop into any open lobbies you see me in.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a discord, btw? I wanted to wait until I wouldn't be a total liability, but I'd love to play with y'all.

Exact same here, this game came out when I was needed it most which is why I'm so hard into it I think! It helps a lot that they made the losing screen not linger as long or play this almost taunting music like it did in 2, that made it really demoralizing as others have said previously in the thread. Very interested to see how this first proper splatfest goes!
Indeed, all the little updates mentioned sound just right. I guess I might have actually jumped in at the best possible time!

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
And the PvP feels like a party game almost, I can be quite competitive with shooters but - win or lose - I have a total blast in Splatoon and and if things aren't going my way in PvP, I can play some cards to relax, or take a Grizco shift or two, or work on my locker, browse the shops, practise other weapons and work on my builds, or run around town and check other players posts and fashions and put in any orders if I like what I see.

Turf War really does feel like a party game a lot, which is why the losses don't feel that bad I think. It's great!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm giving into the Splatoon 3 hype guys, please tell me it's worth it for someone who loved Splatoon 2
As a first time player, this is the most inventive, charming, and brilliant shooter I've played in a long time. I used to play shooters in tournaments and things and, over the years, my love for the genre(s) has wained a bit simply as they always felt so played out and, honeslty, I'd lost my edge and motivation.

This game inspired me to get back into that, and it's just awesome. From what I read in this thread, it's the best the game has ever been.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
I think I'm giving into the Splatoon 3 hype guys, please tell me it's worth it for someone who loved Splatoon 2
of course, it's the splatoon formula nearly perfected in both singleplayer and multiplayer aspects, this is the most fun I've had with an objective based game since TF2 and I LOVED splat2 I had hundreds of hours in it!

Do we have a discord, btw? I wanted to wait until I wouldn't be a total liability, but I'd love to play with y'all.
I don't think so? I know people have asked about making a group or discord server but idk if anyone has pulled the trigger yet
Turf War really does feel like a party game a lot, which is why the losses don't feel that bad I think. It's great!
I'd go as far as to say it's almost perfectly balanced in that I can really *feel* every bit of contribution to the match, and anyone can really participate with any skill level and pull their weight.
Shot you a friend Invite. My FC is 0126-6126-6042, and I'm usually playing later in the evening on PST on weekdays, and intermittently on weekends. Usually with my wife. Feel free to hop into any open lobbies you see me in.
awesome! I'll add you and everyone else when I am back on my switch after eating dinner! I gotta get on and put on the new pokemon event codes anyway

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
We probably should have a Discord - I'm absolutely god-awful at keeping up with servers, but I'd join anyway.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Apologies if this is weird but my FC is SW-5765-0660-0514 if anyone wants to play sometime, I play pretty much every mode and I'm on most every day lately. Everyone here has been very nice and helpful so I'm game to help in a couple of matches every so often! If I'm on tonight it'll be a bit later though I *really* tore my wrists up playing so long yesterday
Sent both of you friend invites! Feel free to invade if you see me in anything, especially in turf war! Love the chaos of team scrambling haha

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man. I do not care for stuff like this. I want to play the game naturally, not engage in some goofball gimmick to be optimal or get stomped by anyone who does. Quietly hoping I never rank high enough to have to care about it.
They are playing the game naturally, and that's not a goofball mechanic. It's just jumping?

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
We probably should have a Discord - I'm absolutely god-awful at keeping up with servers, but I'd join anyway.
Yeah I really wanna get these Salmon Run squads going. Gonna be pushing for those 400/600/999 badges!

Greeen

FdDpQVuaUAA87i4

Bloo

FdDpQV2aEAAea_t

And look, the first White slopsuit I've seen!

FdDpQVxagAE7mpS

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
Goes without saying I think but anyone who has added me feel free to join me whenever I hop into stuff!
Also its now daily reset in splathreen so check those stores and the app!

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
They are playing the game naturally, and that's not a goofball mechanic. It's just jumping?
The goofball mechanic (which to be clear I don't really mean all that disparagingly) is having to jump non-stop in order to improve accuracy to exploit a skill boost. I would just rather point, shoot, and dodge normally than take advantage of "unconventional" movement like that to arbitrarily improve my odds of hitting someone.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
The goofball mechanic (which to be clear I don't really mean all that disparagingly) is having to jump non-stop in order to improve accuracy to exploit a skill boost. I would just rather point, shoot, and dodge normally than take advantage of "unconventional" movement like that to arbitrarily improve my odds of hitting someone.
Even with Intensify Action, I don't think your jump shots can ever be MORE accurate than your regular shots. It's just a very valuable tool since it lets you mitigate some of the movement slowdown weapons like blasters and sloshers get while shooting by engaging while in the air.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Well ok, to each their own. It's pretty common to jump and shoot in Splatoon though, especially with the blaster. But if you say you don't mean that disparagingly I'll believe you.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Added both of you, my FC is 3214-8724-1616 if anyone wants to add me as well.

Yeah I really wanna get these Salmon Run squads going. Gonna be pushing for those 400/600/999 badges!

Greeen

FdDpQVuaUAA87i4

Bloo

FdDpQV2aEAAea_t

FdDpQVxagAE7mpS
It takes real dedication to show up to a Salmon Run site in a white suit.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Even with Intensify Action, I don't think your jump shots can ever be MORE accurate than your regular shots. It's just a very valuable tool since it lets you mitigate some of the movement slowdown weapons like blasters and sloshers get while shooting by engaging while in the air.
Hmm. If it's just a mitigation tool, I'm a lot more okay with it. I just don't want games long-term at higher levels to just turn into everyone hopping around constantly like Squid-Rabbits to maximize their performance, or something. Something about tricks like those in competitive games just takes me out of the experience a little.

Not that I'll ever make it to high level play, anyway.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
I gotta say I love octos more in just about every way but I am extremely tempted to swap to an inkling just because they get this cute pixie cut, my ONLY disappointment with this game is octolings got inexplicably shafted on hairstyles again??? In splat 2 I understood because dlc but here it feels weird.

Also I accepted everyone's friend requests! I'll probably play a bit later tonight so feel free to hop in if you see me, maybe you guys can get me through my rank up hell

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, no one is jumping to be MORE accurate, jumping while shooting is ideal for many reasons and people do it naturally. It's just a higher level of play which people seem to increasingly look down on these days. I guess that's what people call 'tryhard' these days.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
slowpoke realizing the reason they made tableturf is so if you take your switch out of the dock you can still do something in splatoon that doesn't involve using the built-in gyros

doing a couple rounds in bed is pretty neat

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah, no one is jumping to be MORE accurate, jumping while shooting is ideal for many reasons and people do it naturally. It's just a higher level of play which people seem to increasingly look down on these days. I guess that's what people call 'tryhard' these days.
To be clear, I play very, very few competitive games, so I'm not really familiar with discourse on this kind of thing - I apologize if I was playing into a common and/or tired angle of criticism of certain kinds of strategies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm throwing together a discord real quick.

Happy tinhand itnover to someone who might know how to make the channels and name more fun.

Will put details up in a few mins.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

FdDpQVxagAE7mpS

Geez. I just unlocked the final set of Grizzco rewards and I'm only 12/100 of the way there to that suit. That person must have really grinded it out. One of the banners literally costs 999 bronzes too, that's nuts. I feel like I'm gonna eventually just buy the black slopsuit for the prestige and then just switch back to blue because it's a better color, lol.

I should start making a Grizzco locker.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
To be clear, I play very, very few competitive games, so I'm not really familiar with discourse on this kind of thing - I apologize if I was playing into a common and/or tired angle of criticism of certain kinds of strategies.
No worries, I just commonly see people looking down on good players for being good and I thought you were leaning into that. My mistake if you weren't.

Discord is now live! Astro made a Splatoon 3 Discord! Wanna hang out there? Shoot Astro a DM and get a Discord Invite!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Discord is up, come join us!

No need to DM and wait anymore, invite is right here!

Actually, Mediking, sorry to make you work, but could you threadmark this one instead. Sorry!

Here's the Discord link

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
You ever think, "What if Splatoon just didn't show your rank?" as in it was still a thing that factored in, but you didn't see the meter at all?

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
You ever think, "What if Splatoon just didn't show your rank?" as in it was still a thing that factored in, but you didn't see the meter at all?
I wouldn't mind it, I know people would complain but I'd actually prefer if the app didn't keep track of W/L for stuff too, the less I think about stuff like that the better I perform

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Okay folks, shoot me a DM and I'll send you a discord invite. You can let people know to DM me, I'll also give permissions to anyone who would like to help ith them.

Yeh that's why i didn't want to make it lol, oh well. I'm sure someone will take it on. Thanks mate.

I'll send you an invite.
Would also like an invite! Can provide my ID when I get in.

For this Salmon Run rotation: Do the Glowflies round here, not the wall.

FdDyoBRacAAYk3a

Because you're against the wall on your right, which is obviously unplayable on the other side, the Golden Salmonid eggs won't spread as much when they die.

It's also easier to kill things when doing the round at this position.

Rotations like this where you have a roller allow the Roller player to slow walk all the normals, and then the other players can shoot the Golden Salmonids.

As usual, when Glowflies are passed to someone who isn't you (and you're not the roller), you go and get the eggs and toss them into the basket.

The wall strat on this map is actually mediocre compared to Sockeye Station, and barely guarantees you'll pass the wave.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Really want to start Xenoblade 3, but can't stop playing Turf War, lol.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4/5 though this damn postgame level, taking another break to recalibrate my brain and hands. What a fuckin marathon, been working on it since last night.