ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Got the plat. Niflheim is actually pretty fun, and I wouldn't mind them expanding on this concept for the follow-up. This is a decent GoW roguelike. Anyway, it was an excellent journey, and am already feeling impatient about playing the next game. LOL

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Medusa in Brok shop:

yopF7mF.jpg

GavkKya.png

Oct 25, 2017
Is this OLD?

Someone "unlocked" the Thor face with Photo Mode.

god-of-war_notizia-3-2.jpg
This might go down as one of the greatest video game fights ever. The potential this fight has. The things Santa Monica can do. I feel like Thor is going to be flattening mountains with Mjolnir in this game. Kratos house is definitely destroyed after this if that dream is real.

Oct 25, 2017
The Valkyries with grab attacks feel like giant difficulty spikes, like I'm suddenly playing a video game that requires precise movement and positioning and camera angles, and I'm not getting it. It is massively frustrating. I've killed... 4? so far, but this 5th one (Helheim) feels like it is from a different videogame entirely.

I'm playing on Hard (Give me a Challenge), but, uh, nothing has been remotely comparable to this.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Valkyries with grab attacks feel like giant difficulty spikes, like I'm suddenly playing a video game that requires precise movement and positioning and camera angles, and I'm not getting it. It is massively frustrating. I've killed... 4? so far, but this 5th one (Helheim) feels like it is from a different videogame entirely.

I'm playing on Hard (Give me a Challenge), but, uh, nothing has been remotely comparable to this.

VALHALLA!!!!!!!!

*instantaneously teleports on top of the player if they didn't start running instantly or rolled at the exact right moment*

The checkpoints in the game being so generous is the only reason that shit can be even slightly tolerated

Oct 25, 2017
VALHALLA!!!!!!!!

*instantaneously teleports on top of the player if they didn't start running instantly or rolled at the exact right moment*

The checkpoints in the game being so generous is the only reason that shit can be even slightly tolerated

Yeah. Like, doing any Special leads to me getting hit if the game decides to RNG into that at a bad moment.

Randy Solo

Oct 27, 2017
i should mention that it took me over 5 hours to kill her. even after i had this healing build, it took 3-4 tries because of her valhala attacks that prevent you from using resurrection stones. i was yelling obscenities and bitching to my friends up until the moment i beat her

The trick is to accept the fact that this is the hardest, most unforgiving boss in the game, and the ultimate challenge. i see a lot of people dropping the difficulty down to easy but unless you are trying to get a platinum, i wouldnt recommend it. i played a lot of Niflheim and Mulpheim to prepare for this battle and ended up gaining new appreciation for both challenge realms. Niflheim has this great dark souls feel of losing your progress and mulpheim's impossible level trials are just plain fun if you ignore the first no hit challenge.

Now i just login everyday to play some mulpheim trails and some mist echoes runs even though i have upgraded everything to max. its just so much fun to play.
I finally beat her. I think I may have even invented several new swear words along the way! I went back to niflheim and got enough mist to upgrade my armour, and had to go back to muspelheim to get some greater crest of flame, but it was worth it to get her into the blue. That impossible no hit in muspelheim is the only trial I didn't beat, but I still unlocked the achievement without it by getting 3 keys and getting gold on the final challenge. I just ha e 6 more ravens to find now, which could be tricky with all the back tracking I'll need to do.

I think my main issue with sigrun was whenever i'd be close to beating her, she'd do the blinding attack that I never figured out how to avoid, and then do the aerial dive bomb stomp on me. It just felt cheap because it felt like a get out of jail card for her to use at that time. The difficulty spike between her and the rest of the game is enormous as well, so I think I'd be happier if the build to her strength was more gradual by having a few more Valkyries closer to her range.

But now I'm over my frustration, and it really was an amazing game. The level design kept surprising me, and the core mechanics are so damn satisfying. I could throw that axe all day long. Can't wait to see where they take it next.

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Yea how do you avoid that blinding attack, just be blocking and far away? I still can't even get her to half health and I'm level 8

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
It's funny how I received a message after returning from Jotunheim that I am free to explore Neflheim and Musphelheim., and also fight the Valkyries. I beat all of that content 60% through the game.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my time with God of War. I wasn't really blown away by the story though. Baldur and Freya weren't all that compelling to me.

Question though, did the game ever reveal how Kratos actually crossed over to the Norse realm though? The game goes out of its way to show Kratos' unfamiliarity with the world tree and the various realms of the Norse pantheon. Am I right to assume that the realm of the Greek gods isn't connected to the world tree? Lastly, why was Athena shown as a ghostly mirage, as if she was dead? I thought Athena, Aphrodite, and the rest of the Greek gods that Kratos didn't kill were still around?

I'm actually kind of disappointed that Kratos' past was brought up so much, but that fact that the ashes of his original wife and daughter, who he MURDERED, are sown in to his skin and the game never even mentions it. Why does the game make it seem like he's wrestling more with killing his insane father than his innocent wife and child? Why would Helhiem choose to taunt Kratos with Zeus instead of his murdered family? Kratos claims that he no longer needs to hide his past, but he sure forgot to talk about the defining point of rage that lead him to destroy the Greek pantheon of gods! I hope this comes up in the sequel.

Oh yeah, I also forgot, I may be misremembering, but didn't Kratos get the blades of Chaos ripped from his flesh in God of War 1? Those had to be replaced by the Blades of Athena right? I'm curious as to how his blades functionally work without the chains being seared into his flesh? I know it's not necessarily important, but I was always curious about that.

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's funny how I received a message after returning from Jotunheim that I am free to explore Neflheim and Musphelheim., and also fight the Valkyries. I beat all of that content 60% through the game.

Anyway, I really enjoyed my time with God of War. I wasn't really blown away by the story though. Baldur and Freya weren't all that compelling to me.

Question though, did the game ever reveal how Kratos actually crossed over to the Norse realm though? The game goes out of its way to show Kratos' unfamiliarity with the world tree and the various realms of the Norse pantheon. Am I right to assume that the realm of the Greek gods isn't connected to the world tree? Lastly, why was Athena shown as a ghostly mirage, as if she was dead? I thought Athena, Aphrodite, and the rest of the Greek gods that Kratos didn't kill were still around?

I'm actually kind of disappointed that Kratos' past was brought up so much, but that fact that the ashes of his original wife and daughter, who he MURDERED, are sown in to his skin and the game never even mentions it. Why does the game make it seem like he's wrestling more with killing his insane father than his innocent wife and child? Why would Helhiem choose to taunt Kratos with Zeus instead of his murdered family? Kratos claims that he no longer needs to hide his past, but he sure forgot to talk about the defining point of rage that lead him to destroy the Greek pantheon of gods! I hope this comes up in the sequel.

Oh yeah, I also forgot, I may be misremembering, but didn't Kratos get the blades of Chaos ripped from his flesh in God of War 1? Those had to be replaced by the Blades of Athena right? I'm curious as to how his blades functionally work without the chains being seared into his flesh? I know it's not necessarily important, but I was always curious about that.

Athena dies super hard at the end of GoW2 and comes back as an evil force ghost in 3

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whats the tell for the blinding attack as opposed to flying up and doing a charge?
The blinding attack takes a bit longer to go off if I recall. I typically quick throw the axe and dodge to the left or right every time she takes flight, if it's the blind it'll knock her down , otherwise I just dodge the flying charges and call the axe back.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Yo, so...

If Thor's last battle sent the Worls Serpent back in time, do you think that would happen to Kratos? I mean, he is bad ass, but I don't see him winning against Thor as he is now.

You think Kratos would have to be sent back in time to meet a younger, more stronger version of himself to beat Thor? Only to come back to Atreus who doesn't like his new dad, lol?

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yo, so...

If Thor's last battle sent the Worls Serpent back in time, do you think that would happen to Kratos? I mean, he is bad ass, but I don't see him winning against Thor as he is now.

You think Kratos would have to be sent back in time to meet a younger, more stronger version of himself to beat Thor? Only to come back to Atreus who doesn't like his new dad, lol?

What's more likely to me is that an older Atreus goes back in time and has a pow wow with Jormungandr, about how to fuck future Thor's shit up in order to save Kratos and win, while young Atreus is being carried to Freya's.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the way they're building up Faye.

- Her mysterious death at the beginning
- Kratos calling her a true warrior that fought beautifully
- Sindri caring so deeply for her and he as well calling her a great warrior
- Atreus being surprised that Kratos learned so much from Faye
- Kratos being depressed that he lost her
- Faye keeping all these secrets to herself knowing Kratos' "simple task" of spreading her ashes wouldn't unfold the way he probably thought it would, forcing him to train Atreus better in the process
- Leviathan Axe originally belonging to her
- Her ashes appearing to be not normal

I feel like her getting her own game would actually work out really well, and her face never appearing in this game makes me think it could happen. Seeing things unfold from her perspective, obviously including how she met Kratos, is the most important story they should tell next before getting too big on closing in on Thor and Odin, I think.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I have completed the main story and am now running around getting 100% in all areas. However it seems there's a legendary chest in The Mountain that I cannot get to. It's in the area you go through on your second visit, when you use an elevator that is covered with Hel Bramble, and the chest itself is gotten by doing some Winds of Hel puzzles.

For some reason I missed this chest on my visit during the story, but I cannot figure out how to reach this area once the story is complete. There's no elevator to take me to this place anymore, and if I use the portal to the summit I just end up at the dead dragon eventually.

Am I missing something, or is it bugged?

Last edited:

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
Whats the tell for the blinding attack as opposed to flying up and doing a charge?
I think for the blinding attack she jumps up and hovers 'charges' up her spear. Easily counterd with an axe throw, shock arrows work too I think, but the axe causes more damage. Plus, you can rush her and then do the R2 axe recall move on her to cause a decent amount of damage and stagger here so you can use relic moves. That's pretty much what I did for the whole fight. That and dodge a lot.

Randy Solo

Oct 27, 2017
I have completed the main story and am now running around getting 100% in all areas. However it seems there's a legendary chest in The Mountain that I cannot get to. It's in the area you go through on your second visit, when you use an elevator that is covered with Hel Bramble, and the chest itself is gotten by doing some Winds of Hel puzzles.

For some reason I missed this chest on my visit during the story, but I cannot figure out how to reach this area once the story is complete. There's no elevator to take me to this place anymore, and if I use the portal to the summit I just end up at the dead dragon eventually.

Am I missing something, or is it bugged?
This was the very last thing I had to do to get my 100% and had me stumped too.

You do have to warp to the summit, and climb down from there. The long snow covered cliff you run along as you are backtracking after climbing from the summit has an edge you can drop down. It's about half way along on the left side. That will lead you back to the area you are thinking of. Hope this helps.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
You make stunning gifs! Really hoping you are planning to pick up Spidey and gifing the hell out of that game.

Well, Sunhi's been a great inspiration for me and is part of the reason I started. He's been very helpful!

I plan to. I'm spending the bulk of my time going through God of War and Horizon and making gifs, practising really at the editing part since I've only been doing this for a month or so now. I'm trying to make both last as long though, since Horizon is my joint-favourite game of all-time with The Witcher 3, and God of War is my third favourite game. Spidey is my most anticipated title this year, seeing as he's my favourite superhero. I honestly can't wait and plan to make loads of gifs too! Thank you. :)

Dude!!! This is fucking glorious. You keep stepping it up every time. Fucking beautiful!

God this game is so purrty.
Beautiful gifs, SunhiLegend & Much118.

Thanks man. :P

Dennie Dee

Oct 26, 2017
Bruges, Belgium
Finished it and loved it. A lot of remaining questions got answered by perusing this thread.

My biggest complaint is that the game's phenomenal world building attributed to an unsatisfactory climax for me. Everything was so well done, so well told that I wanted to actually SEE it... The Thor tease, while being really cool, just wasn't enough. I'm far from satiated.

I guess I just want more? Like a lot more...

Ohyeah, and fuck some of these Valkyries. Djeez...that jumping attack.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Without looking up who was behind the Baldur's performance, I really thought I was looking at Ben Foster for some reason.

I guess what I'm saying is it'd would be cool to see him cast as one of the other gods in a sequel.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Without spoiling anything, how far along the main story line am I? Percentage wise

After finding out the witch was actually a goddess, I just spoke to the world serpent with the beheaded tree guy

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Replaying the game and seeing how warm and friendly Freya initially is towards Kratos and Boi is just making me sad knowing how things wind up at the end of the game

:(

FrequentFlyer

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Probably sort of in the minority on this, but personally I found the ending to be rather meh. How is just "transitioned" calmly into "well this has been the story content for this game, now go on with 100%ing". I guess it fits into the "no cutscenes" mantra and everything, but it just felt sort of unfulfilling to me.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Among the many virtues of the game and particularly in the writing department, I think the one I'm more satisfied with is its capacity to create those, I don't know, "pure hype" moments? Retrieving the Blades at that point, the final tease, every encounter with a God... Having played games for so long, and consumed stories in all kind of media, it's a fantastic emotion to be ecstatic again, at least for a few moments.

Also, on that extra sequence (wow), I do wonder not only how Mjolnir will play, but if there's any chance we'll get to play as Thor. The Aesir Gods will surely become more prominent in next games, so I wouldn't discard playing as them, or at least getting more from their perspective, even if it is the end to the single-shot approach.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably sort of in the minority on this, but personally I found the ending to be rather meh. How is just "transitioned" calmly into "well this has been the story content for this game, now go on with 100%ing". I guess it fits into the "no cutscenes" mantra and everything, but it just felt sort of unfulfilling to me.
The real ending is when you go back home, not in Jotunheim.

spiderferi

Apr 15, 2018
Tehran, Iran
Asgard is too important to the main story to be handled as DLC, so no. I'm not expecting any of the locked realms to be DLC.

You can enable Photomode in cutscenes, yes, but you can't move the camera. Only change filters, etc.
I know but I cannot wait until the time the next sequel comes. This game has made me obsessed with these characters and environments. I always knew I liked Norse Mythology but never knew I would end up loving them this much.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't feel as though the black rune theory works very well since if you go off the idea that the rune was somehow boobytrapped then why would a peaceful god like Tyr use a spell that essentially makes the person uncaring and arrogant.

Tyr locked away the rune and the ability to flip the temple of the nine for people worthy of looking for them, remember the message from Tyrs hall that went "leave them in peace until the gods are good"( or something like that). If Tyr only wanted good or peaceful gods to seek jotunheim then why would he curse the travel rune there with turning whoever absorbed it into an unfeeling asshole?

Plus another thing about atreus' attitude was that it was starting to slip almost immediately after discovering he was a god, after you leave freya's house and you reach the lake of the nine atreus says "hey we don't have to go right back to Tyrs vault do we? I mean we're gods, we can do whatever we want!"

In the end I guess we really won't know one way or the other till a future game comes out a expands upon one of the theories.
Oh, you're right. It wouldn't make sense at all for Tyr to do that. It's a good thing I don't like the idea of it much then. I forgot that he said that as soon as we got out of the vault, though! I guess it doesn't seem nearly as drastic now... Plus, regardless of whether it was too drastic or not, I will always like it because it's something Atreus learned from.

Also, him echoing Kratos' words on not killing a weakened enemy (ugh, I can never get enough of Kratos' character development) cements the idea for me that it was all him.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
Man, I sure hope we get more Jeremy Davies - if not in the sequel, for obvious reasons, in other games. Always found him an amazing actor (Faraday's the real Lost GOAT) and he did a really great VA job, unlike a lot of other actors that transition into voice work.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Some of the upgrades cost like certain skills to be at 100 or whatever. Meanwhile those skills are at like 6...currently. How on earth

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Some of the upgrades cost like certain skills to be at 100 or whatever. Meanwhile those skills are at like 6...currently. How on earth
They're not upgrades. They're bonus perks you can unlock when you reach those stats. You'll reach them at the endgame if you've got the right gear, but only for the build you're aiming for. For example, I reached 245 Runic by the end of my first save, so I unlocked quite a few perks.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
This was the very last thing I had to do to get my 100% and had me stumped too.

You do have to warp to the summit, and climb down from there. The long snow covered cliff you run along as you are backtracking after climbing from the summit has an edge you can drop down. It's about half way along on the left side. That will lead you back to the area you are thinking of. Hope this helps.

Awesome, thank you!

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I know but I cannot wait until the time the next sequel comes. This game has made me obsessed with these characters and environments. I always knew I liked Norse Mythology but never knew I would end up loving them this much.

I know this feeling. Just saw the end of the game last night. I'm now wondering if Sony Santa Monica has plans to release the sequel to this new storyline while the PS4 is still out, or are we going to have to wait for the PS5 to continue it. I'd prefer it ASAP, and am happy enough with the graphical fidelity on the PS4 Pro that I could certainly accept that avenue. On the other hand, as a business decision, I also understand just how many PS5s would jump off the shelves if GOW5 were a launch title.

Fardeen

Oct 31, 2017
i beat sigrun after more than 40 times on easy lol

i really enjoyed the combat,

i have two trophies left, teasures and collect all chest on nilheim,

man nilheim is such a chore, excessive repeating padding, grinding

and the WORSE of all, i need an item called anchor of fog to unlock the realm of tears.

i cant seem to find anchor of fog, every chest i open i get a useless item

on one occasion i got that anchor of fog but the countdown was over and i died, its so annoying, the worse part of the game,

any help for the mist echos and anchor of fog?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
i beat sigrun after more than 40 times on easy lol

i really enjoyed the combat,

i have two trophies left, teasures and collect all chest on nilheim,

man nilheim is such a chore, excessive repeating padding, grinding

and the WORSE of all, i need an item called anchor of fog to unlock the realm of tears.

i cant seem to find anchor of fog, every chest i open i get a useless item

on one occasion i got that anchor of fog but the countdown was over and i died, its so annoying, the worse part of the game,

any help for the mist echos and anchor of fog?

Yeah, anchor of fog is at the back of Niflheim's maze where the traveller is. I'd recommend turning Niflheim down to easy just because it's a grind and its much quicker on easy mode. Try to complete the nornir chests that are around the maze in Niflheim.